Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

What kind of bender do you think you would be ?
Air
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Earth
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Fire
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Water
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Non-bender
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Reika

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
Hey you guys !

In an effort to light up Mido, I figure there should be a hotter topic. Gotta reel in those posts !

But, of course, that's not the only reason to make a new thread: if any of you don't live under a rock, you'll know that Avatar: The Legend of Korra is airing !

If you do live under a rock...

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the first series centered around Aang, a young boy who can use the element of air in a martial-arts like way.

Quote:
When the hostile Fire Nation threatens to enslave the Water, Earth, and Air Nations, a reluctant and irresponsible boy must face his destiny as the Avatar, the Chosen One who can restore the world order. This new animated series centers on twelve-year-old Aang, who must forgo his selfish wandering to learn to master his latent powers over the four elements. Only then can he conquer the Firebenders, the evil nation that threatens the world.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra follows after a time skip with the new avatar, Korra.

Quote:
Taking place 70 years after the events of "Avatar: The Last Airbender," this story follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City - a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Now, from here on out, I'm going to have to enforce this one rule:
Because many people are sensitive to spoilers, it would be best if you do not post or view if you haven't seen the latest episode. I do not want to restrict discussion by limiting to posts that are spoiler free.

And now that that's all done, be free to post ! Who is your favourite character ? What do you think about the voice actors ? What do you like and dislike when comparing the first series to the second series ? Go !

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
I'll want to start this one off by saying; god, waiting all day for episode 8 to come out is rather painful. I'm watching the series online, so gotta wait for some nice people to put it up lol.

Within the next couple months, I gotta get out and buy a new ext. hard drive because I am going to need some storage space to get the full Last Airbender series. :P And, of course once it is done, the full Korra series. As long as it's staying as exciting as it is.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote        
If you watch it on the nickalodian website all you have to do is wait till Monday. That's where I have watched all the latest episodes.

I also want to say I think I have a guess on who Amon is but I am not entirely sure

Here's the link for all 7 episodes Nick has up http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav

Reika

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote        
Oh lol I didn't know they actually put it up on the site. I'm watching it elsewhere anyways :P

Right after posting here, I remembered that there is no korra this week. Damn.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote        
What do you mean there's no Korra this week what am I supposed to do Monday night now ;-;

Also I have this feeling Amon and Tarlok are somehow connected. Why I am unsure but I just have this feeling they are connected somehow in someway.

Reika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote        
i've heard that theory from everyone so far and I can't say they don't have reason to suspect so much.

Ah~ new korra came out yesterday, but i was busy moving, so gotta watch it right now >w<

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote        
I see it mostly because when it comes down to it Tarlock is just a sneaky weasel. He's behind something to do with the equalists. I haven't put my finger on it yet but he has a role to play in it especially after watching this weeks episode.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote        
I'm so behind on Korra... Duh

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote        
You need to catch up Neo that way we can all chat about it and stuff.

Reika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote        
So much for the theory of Amon is Tarlok. Man :C

In other conspiratory thoughts; I can just feel Asami is going to betray them out of jealousy. Maybe it's my non-existent faith in the love given from one person to another.

I swear, they better watch their back. Because that girl is going to cap them outta no where.

I've been thinking the pro bending was pretty short lived. I thought it would be integrated into the series a bit more. Not necessarily in actual matches, but the teams should get back together again and feature somehow. It could bring back that epic feel of the war in the first series.
Then again, there's so many episodes left to reach that climatic point :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think she will betray them but she sure won't be trusting Mako around Korea and vice versa. I kinda sense a little Asami x Bolin just a smidge but I could be wvrong. We have to wait and see I think a heated argument will be had but no real betrayal on Asami's part at least I don't see it yet there's still quite a bit to go.

Also I hate that its a season finale in two weeks it doesn't feel like its been long enough at all yet.

Reika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah ! Airbender's first season is twice as long.

Really, I'm all for having them do what they have to do. I just don't want to be disappointed :C

I also think Asami x Bolin might have been hinted a bit as well. I'm not sure, but it seems like that would be pretty disastrous to me. I'm always expecting good guys turning evil.

I really want the character Tahno back. Even if he has to be a good guy. At least he can be pitiful and make things ridiculously depressing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
I kindave want the character Tahno back as well he just seemed well I mean he had quite a bit more potential than what happened to him. I felt bad for the guy.

I also kindave saw a betrayal from Asami at first but the more I thought about it was no I don't think she will. I could very well be wrong and Bolin X Asami would be a bit on the disastrous side myself but I could be wrong The last Airbender threw some really big curve balls back when so Legend of Korra might do the same.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote        
Yep. I'm so far behind that none of this makes sense. I've seen the first and the eighth episode, which I'd have to watch again because it made no sense.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote        
If you ever got on skyper chat with us me, Ace, Ande or Mal would link you to episodes. They know the links to older I only know the Nickelodeon linke which I think is now only episode 4 through 9