Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote        
Hello, and welcome to the Shire!!! This is a roleplay based on the world of Middle Earth, as well as its online game lotro, which is based on lord of the rings by Tolkien. Most of this roleplay will take place in the Shire, and new locations will be added as people start there. also, you do not have to play LOTRO to roleplay

Please only play one character per account!! mules are welcome but please follow the rules of Midorea.

All of the place names and most character names are either from Tolkiens works or from the LOTR online world.

Post 1: Intro
Post 2: How to join
Post 3: More Information
Post 4: Active Characters
Post 5: reserved
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote        
How To Join:

here is the form you must use, post it in the OoC thread i made please.

Username: if you're using a mule, put your main here too
Character Name:
Race: (elf, dwarf, human, hobbit, orc XD, etc)
Description/Traits:
Other Information:

edit: there are a bunch of hobbits in the lotro world that you can claim, as long as they are not the main characters, such as Frodo, Bilbo, Lobelia, Sam, etc. let me know in the OoC thread if you wish to play an actual character
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote        
More Information:

Active Areas: PM me if you would like to start your roleplaying in another part of the world.

Middle Earth Map

The Shire (Green) Here is a Map you can use

And The LOTRO map
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote        
Active Characters:

Asteriya: played by Lost_Ninja9213, hobbit guardian
Taraphyr: also played by Lost_Ninja9213 through mule (Tara), hobbit hunter
Illyndris:: played by Reika, elf healer/botanist
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote        
reserved
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm Reply with quote        
Asteriya hurried down the lane from her house, pausing to call her horse who was grazing by the stone wall separating Asteriya's house from the hobbit next door. Melody neighed softly, and walked over to where the hobbit was waiting for her. After making sure that her horse was alright, she scurried down the road towards her kinship house. A few neighbors were out, tending gardens or smoking pipeweed. Asteriya nodded to them as she passed, reminding herself to make sure that she left some pipeweed for the others on the table in the huge kin house. As she went into the large main area of the kin house, she noticed one of her new recruits had left in a hurry and had not picked up his empty mugs from the table, leaving a mess for her to clean up. She sighed, and began cleaning up, forgetting why she had come in the first place. By the time she finished it was time for lunch, so she sat down in the study and had a small snack of berries. Then she realized that she had left her sword at home. She finished eating and stood up, resolving to take care of business matters before she returned home. First, the upkeep for the kin house had to be paid. Then, she has to make the journey to Oatbarton to help the locals with some market they had planned. She sighed, remembering how much trouble she'd had with them the previous year. It would be a long week.
Tara

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
Tara peeked out of the bilberry bush she was hiding behind. The wild boar was munching on various greens, flicking its tail in annoyance at the insects buzzing about it. Tara nocked an arrow and took aim at the boar, then a loud noise caused her to immediately shoot into a tree, causing the boar to squeal and dart off. A voice had shouted "Hey! You there!! Are you Taraphyr??"
Looking around, she saw an adventurer panting and holding out a letter.

After paying the poor hobbit and sitting down on a stump, she read the letter, then grimly stood up and headed towards Michel Delving. There, she rented a horse and went straight to the kin house to tell the Chief her dreadful news.
Reika

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote        
Illyndriss had left few nights ago, when the moon had shone brightest in the sky. From his empty house in Forlindon, he had planned to cross Ered Luin and the Icebay to reach Carn Dûn, but the drifts proved to dangerous at this time of year. But from what he had read, it was nigh the time that Carn Dûn saw the light of the elves. Illyndriss travelled by the river, staying a while on the outskirts of the Grey Havens, and now stood before the rolling hills of the White Downs. Across this would be the Shire, which he should be able to cross quickly and find Angmar.

Illyndriss touched the side of his hart gently, and the stately deer started across the rise and fall of the countryside. To travel to Angmar and the Carn Dûn would be one of the longest trips he would take. Before, Illyndriss had travelled south along the coast.

On the White Downs, he first settlement he would see after a long time would be Michel Delving. And... the halflings that lived there. Never had Illyndriss seen them before. He had read few passages about them in the libraries of his home; their passion for food, the earth, their length of mortality. Legends as well. Legends of the prince of halflings, a friend to elves.

He was nearly there. Illyndriss nudged the hart with his thighs and it set off trotting, the bells in its antlers calling out the way.

Tara

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote        
Taras thoughts weighed heavily upon her as she prepared for the journey to Ered Luin, where there had been evil dwarf attacks on the towns of the free peoples. She was so concerned for her friends in Duillond that she almost didn't notice the pale elf riding through town on a hart. She stared for a moment before shaking off her surprise and strode towards the stranger.
When she was close to the elf, she greeted him warmly. "Mae govannen!! What brings you here to the Shire?"
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote        
Asteriya watched Tara leave the kin house, and remained a few minutes longer, wondering if she'd made the right decision, letting one of her best hunters leave the Shire. The elves were strong enough to deal with the goblins and Dour-Hand dwarves in Ered Luin, she needed all the kinspeople and assistant chiefs as possible to keep the Shire safe while she lended aid to the hobbits and rangers in Evendim.

There had been talk of something terrible living in Fornost, which would make dealing with an invasion from Angmar even more deadly than ever. Asteriya considered calling Tara back, but decided against it in the end. She would name Ninieve temporary chief while she was away. Hopefully her best fighters would return from their respective missions in Bree-land soon.

She looked out one of the main windows of the huge building, and noticed a delivery hobbit sprinting from her mailbox down the road to another house. "This had better not be more bad news from abroad, we don't have the resources to be sending any more adventurers to Ered Luin, Rivendell, or the like.." She stepped outside, and headed back home to read her mail and prepare for her journey.

My Wishlist Thread

My Hangout
Reika

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote        
Illyndriss had been nearing a stand of buildings on the outskirts of Michel Delving when, for the first time, he saw one; a real, true halfling striding up towards him amazingly swift and clad in gear with bow in hand. The halfling called out to him.

Placing the palm of his hand upon the hart’s shoulder, it slowed and stopped. Illyndriss dismounted politely. “Lady Halfling,” he greeted her. “I’ve come in hopes of safe passage across the Shire. What I seek lies beyond your hills.”

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
Tara looked curiously at the elf standing in front of her. What could cause him to travel so far from home? she wondered. He didn't look tired though. Elves always did seem to travel well. "And what place is that?" Tara inquired politely of the elf. "I am called Taraphyr, and I can guide you swiftly through the Shire to the land to which you are traveling."
Reika

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
“From what I gather, there is a rare plant that lives in Angmar that is dying out. I hope to pass by quickly and collect a sample.” Illyndriss drew a folded piece of parchment from within the sleeves of his long green robes. On it was drawn a rather frail looking flower. “It has no name that I know of, but it must be ancient. Before my time.”

He folded the parchment and tucked it neatly back into his sleeve. “I would very much appreciate a guide. I hope to stay a couple nights and rest my mount.” Illyndriss gave the hobbit a small smile. “And... saesa omentien lle, Taraphyr halfling.”

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
Taras face paled, and she felt even more filled with dread than when she had just learned about the battles going on in Ered Luin. She doubted that this elf would be able to enter Angmar easily, and she herself would be little help to him.
"Old plants are indeed of importance, but...can you not wait until a larger party can be formed? Just the two of us will not be safe once we go out of reach of ranger protection. I could ask my kin leader, since she will be up in the North Downs once she is finished in Trestlebridge, but she will not be pleased to hear about this, especially since I was already going to leave, though to a rather safer place than Angmar. "

Tara wondered briefly if they would have needed her aid in Ered Luin, but she admitted to herself that she'd wanted to go to see her friends and family and have little to do with the fighting itself.
Reika

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote        
"I have been aware of the dangers of Angmar, and did believe myself able to enter and leave without detection. But it seems that something much more is brewing in the North ?"

Illyndriss patted his hart. It snorted, looked up from the grass, and pawed the ground as he was ready to proceed. "I do still have want of rest. I have items of value which I would trade for a bit of sustenance. And it would be an honour if Illyndriss of Lindon could meet a great leader of halflings."

Golden afternoon light filled the sky in the West, and he imagined further on the horizon a brilliant light would shine upon his kin. But he was here, where the firstborn had dwindled to the rare few and there were still much left undone. The ancient blights still hidden underground, as all things, will rise again and disease distinguishes between no peoples. What he searched for is necessary. Contemplatively he was looking to the West, and he said, "What events conspire to keep me from my quest, I will learn of. And then I will see where it takes me."