Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Novus Ekleipsis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Novus Ekleipsis [Event Info] Last item is out!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote        

The land of Midorea is at peace; yet one can’t help but feel a sense of stagnation amongst the silence. Like the calm before the storm, a thick veil has befallen Midorea, wrapping its inhabitants in blissful ignorance of what the future may bring. A rare event is occurring – The Millennial Transit – in which Midorea’s two moons and The Garden float across the sky, eclipsing the sun so strongly that the world will be wrapped in darkness for many days. It is the end of the Seventh Earth, and in honor of this rare and miraculous event, messengers from the Deities have been sent to live among us.

To usher in the New Earth – an age of historical and communal enlightenment – a ceremony has been prepared. The messengers of the Deities are here to aid us in the completion of that ceremony. Lanterns have been lit to embody our sheer sense of life and will; and they must be released into the sky. The darkness that The Millennial Transit has wrapped us in must be expelled from all corners of Midorea. No longer lit by the sun, we must express to the Deities our willpower and drive – we must send this beacon of life and passion shooting into the heavens, toward The Garden, so that they may bestow upon us the new cycle of the Eighth Earth.

We have endured many hardships up to this point. We have proven to the Deities our tenacity and love for this world that they have given us – but this new task is something far more significant than any before. The cycle of a New Earth has occurred in the past – but at the cost of many lives and cultures. Each tribe before us has fallen at the end of their Earth Cycle due to one calamity or another, but we can rise above this. With the aid of these mysterious messengers, we can perform the Ceremony of the Light and move forward into the Eighth Earth, rather than become lost in the ancient history of our land. This is our chance to evolve.

or | | Retweet

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote        

Arcis is quiet, not exactly shy, but not the most talkative. He rarely strikes up conversations, but is always willing to supply information if he’s asked. Arcis shows a blank face, generally looking at the feet, but that is just the epistemology that he grew up with. Humility is fitting of his caste, which is why he isn’t a chatterbox. If he’s alone with friends, however, he’ll open up quite a bit. Arcis is hopeful for the future, and believes that the cycle will not result in the destruction of the civilization. He takes his duty as messenger for the Deities very seriously, and will do his best to help his fellow Midoreans, although the wishes of the Deities do come first. Arcis is an optimist, and makes the best of any and all situations.
He was born the Usri equivalent of a Vaishya, and was destined to be a craftsman since birth. His family had always created lanterns, or other sources of light, and Arcis has been working with light since he could walk. He became a superior craftsman at a young age, and is on his way to becoming a master-craftsmen. His journey to mastery was yanked to a halt when the Deities called him to be their messenger, however Arcis did not mind. The Usri society is very spiritual (the priests are spiritual to a fault, because they have nothing else to focus on) and being called upon for a divine purpose is a great honor, especially for someone of Arcis’ caste. Arcis intends to fulfill his mission, and to take an incredible journey to a far-off land, and to help a strange civilization get through these dark times.

Rasana is nowhere near as likable as Arcis. She is stricter, and harsher in her decisions and judgements, and is much more solemn. She rarely smiles, and she is here only to do her duty. She does not give out unnecessary information, and will scold Arcis for talking too much. She wants to complete her job, then get back to doing…whatever it was she did back home. However, despite the fact that she can be annoying, Rasana is wise for her age, and very intelligent. She knows what to do, and has realistic expectations of the people around her. She does not let her emotions get in the way what must be done, and puts aside personal prejudices for the greater good. Rasana does not believe in second chances. If you fail at one thing, you can redeem yourself in her eyes, but it will take work. Rasana views this duty as a duty, not an opportunity.
She grew up with the best of everything. Good food, good clothes, good educations. She took advantage of her position, and studied dutifully. She has spent years meditating, trying to achieve enlightenment. Most of her time was spent cooped up in the library, or at temples, or at universities, and while Rasana doesn’t ignore the other castes, she doesn’t try to understand them. When Rasana was chosen as messenger of the Deities, she accepted the task easily enough. It was an honor, and a burden, but the Deities wouldn’t have chosen her unless they knew she could do it…right?

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
A little Back Story...

“Let’s set up camp here,” Rasana said, stepping into the clearing. The sun was dipping beneath the horizon, and the sky was a pale red.
“As you wish,” Arcis said, pressing his palms together and bowing. He let the bags slip off of his shoulders, and gently lowered them to the ground. As he started setting up the two tents, Rasana found a wide, flat stone, and sat down. She folded her legs, placed her palms on her knees, and closed her eyes, meditating. Arcis glanced at the priestess once or twice as he quickly set up their tents, laying out the sleep bags. He grabbed some stones from the forest floor, and created a ring on the ground.
“I’m going to find wood for the fire,” he told Rasana. She barely reacted to his words, so Arcis shrugged, and ducked under the branches to find some firewood. Twenty minutes later, he re-emerged from the trees, arms laden with branches of varying thickness and length. Rasana was still sitting on the rock in the same position. Arcis wondered for a moment if the rock was comfortable…
He set up the fire, and lit it easily enough. When Arcis started cooking, Rasana finished meditating, and came to sit by the fire. They sat in silence for a while, munching on the meat that was at least two weeks old. By the time either of them spoke, the sky was pitch black. Arcis had gotten up, and was taking leaves from the surrounding trees. He was sewing them together, using sticks and grass to make frames, and wrapping the leaves to create a sort of balloon. Rasana was watching him work, distracted from the scroll that she was holding in front of her face.
“Why don’t you just use the ones in your bag?” She asked as Arcis worked. He finished wrapping the frame, and was putting together the base.
“That’s no fun,” he said, “It’s not a challenge. Would you hand me my bag?” Rasana rolled her scroll up, and pulled Arcis’ bag toward him.
“In the front pocket are a bunch of candles,” he muttered, concentrating on his hands and what they were doing. Rasana pulled out a few small round candles, so small that she could make a circle with her index finger and thumb, and the candle would fit snugly into the circle. She held out one of the candles to her travelling companion, who took it, and tied it into the frame of the balloon.
“There!” Arcis exclaimed, holding his creation up. The small lantern balanced on his palm precariously. It was unlit, but would not remain so for long.
“Will it fly?” Rasana asked.
“Not this one,” Arcis said, shuffling closer to the fire, “It’s too heavy. But it’ll give off light.” Arcis blew on his fingers, then quickly grabbed a burning branch from the fire. He lit the candle, and the lantern started giving off a soft green light. Arcis smiled, and hung the lantern on a nearby branch. He then proceeded to repeat the process with the other lantern frames he’d made, and soon, the clearing was glowing green. Rasana may not have believed that aesthetic appeal was important, but she could appreciate the beauty of Arcis’ creations.
“I’m tired,” Rasana announced finally, “I’m going to sleep.”
“Alright,” Arcis said, “Shall I wake you in the morning?”
“If I’m not up by the time we need to leave, yes.” Arcis nodded as Rasana crawled into her tent. Ten minutes later, Arcis did the same thing, and soon the clearing was full of the sounds of snoring.
The sun was poking above the horizon when Rasana was waking up. She yawned, stretched, and went to meditate on the rock as she had the night before. Arcis put the camp away when he woke, half an hour later. He made sure the fire was out, and pinched the flames out of the lanterns he’d set up.
“Time to go,” he said to Rasana.
“Very well,” she said, standing up gracefully. “Shall we go?” Arcis smiled, and nodded, leading the way to the main road. The pair fell into their normal routine of walking silently for hours on end.
After many hours of walking, they saw something besides the endless road. Arcis Amar and Rasana Kiran saw a gate.
“Gangshek Geatuciutat,” Arcis breathed, “The Great Gated City. We made it.” There was a pause as Rasana thought to herself.
“Are you worried?” she asked.
“About the Millenial Transit?”
“Yes. Do you think something will happen if we don’t succeed?”
“I don’t know,” Arcis said, “So we had better make sure that doesn’t happen, right?”
“I suppose…” Rasana muttered. Then, the pair walked into the City, ready to light up the world
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote        
Wallpapers

Phone Wallpaper

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote        
Credits:

Aquarius-chan drew the background art
Chu wrote the introduction
Jeremy pixeled the event items
Kaishi drew the NPCs
Mal wrote the NPC profiles, back-story as well as the item descriptions

Chu, Freshie, Maeve and the entire staff helped a tremendous amount. You guys are awesome!
We've been working on this event nonstop for the past four months, and we're excited to finally release it! Hope you all enjoy it.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Bouncy Heart The excitement!! I can't hold it all!

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote        
Wheewww! Weeeee Am excite. Very.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
-flails- I'm soooo excited for this event Hai

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
I am excite too =D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
Lawl. For once we have a layout with colors that actually makes Ace's posts legible, and we still stick with pale green speech bubbles. ._.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
Lawl. For once we have a layout with colors that actually makes Ace's posts legible, and we still stick with pale green speech bubbles. ._.

Yeah, I noticed that too xD

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
Oh well, at least my posts can still be read this way. =p Kidding....

But, really I just love this layout and am very excited for the event. Thanks for all your hard work, guys. Bouncy Heart

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
I think Cat has it out for you, Ace. >:U

Thanks, Sly! Cat did all of the work for the layout - minus whoever did the art in the banner. We just offered feedback. :3

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote        
Maybe I'll code it so Ace's post bubbles are dark purple. U: Heheheh

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
Maybe I'll code it so Ace's post bubbles are dark purple. U: Heheheh

UUUUU:

Want this. Weeeee

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next