Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Let Them Lie

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
No. I don't mean the man in the top hat waving a plastic wand.
Are any of you - religion and non religion wise huge magic users? By means of that, i mean Candle Magic, basic spells, advanced spells, potions and creams, circle casters and all that fun stuff.

realAniram

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote        
I'm a pagan, identify myself as Wiccan but everyone seems to have different definitions of what makes you one so I just say neo-pagan half the time.

But anyway; I like to think that magic is just a rare and hard to detect energy that we haven't discovered yet, like light or gravity or electricity. And then within this energy you have different classes, which are invoked by certain brainwaves depending on what emotion and act you want to make. Like the color spectrum, going back to light energy.

I see it like this:

Prayer Magick (my main use) is one that uses only your will to cause or prevent an event. Color Magick forces the beholder's mind to conjure up certain emotions/subconscious thoughts based on what the color is usually associated with (which makes this type more suited for personal use than anything). Tool Magick is when you cast a spell (using more than just words) or use an item you've imbued with that energy to facilitate what you want.

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote        
I believe that real magic is out there and that people can use it, but I'm not one of those people. A bit of a trade off, I lack the will to "control" or guide magic, however I'm more spirituality aware. ; p
TemaPup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
I believe 100%. Sometimes, I've found myself doing something like magic. It's an amazing feeling.

Of course, not everyone can. I understand that. Just like some people can't ride a bike. Some people can't use runes, others not tarots, others not candles. It's a personal thing.

Also, I'm a Paganistic Therianthrope.
LuckyKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote        
I believe magic is out there and I do cast prayers at night to help me sleep especially the four corners of my bed to protect me from evil. I'm a Catholic and do believe in charms and magic, but I don't really think I can use magic properly. xD
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
I've always believed that there is magic out there, and the right people with the right mindset can harness it in certain ways. I identify as Wiccan, but I don't have the ability or mindset to use magic. My Mum, though? She can. Her great-grandmother had the Sight and sometimes asked Mum when Mum was young if she'd seen certain things. At the time, Mum didn't understand what her great-grandmother meant, but a short time later said great-grandmother was hospitalised. When she died, Mum knew straight away without being there and without being told. She still has the Sight, and once managed to get a heavy rainfall to stop just long enough to get into shelter. But I know I don't have any of that power, even though I believe it exists.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote        
I certainly believe there is magic out there, and I've been known to try to use some divining/symbolic magic myself. I have an especially high affinity towards using tarot cards, and I'm very influenced by certain other types of magic usage. For myself, though, most of my attempts at magic are just via meditation, tarot cards and trying to be close to nature. I also tend to use my intuition to choose a color that will bring me luck for the day, but that's a whole other story probably xD

Mock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote        
I'm very open-minded; magic as we know it may or may not exist, and if it does, it's simply science that the scientists haven't investigated.

Anyway, when you think about it, everything is magic! The humble water molecule (H2O), though small, is liquid at room temperature, freezes at 0 degrees C, and boils at 100 degrees C. It can do this because not only does it have the normal intramolecular bonds, it's also polar, so the molecules attract each other like magnets. On top of that, water has hydrogen bonding, which means a hydrogen atom can be shared by two oxygen atoms, providing even more structural stability. The effect of this stability is so strong that some insects can even walk on water thanks to its immense surface tension.

Sorry about the science overload. But no, I haven't personally witnessed magic in the traditional sense. It might still exist though.

My point: Magic is EVERYWHERE!!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote        
I believe there is magic in everything in this world and this universe; provided that you're talking about things that are awe-inspiring and hard to believe feats. Nature is just full of those, after all. As for the practical application or practice of magic, I don't know. I like to think of myself as a rather analytical and realistic thinker in that, to me, everything has an explanation. That being said, I've known some Pagans and some practitioners of Wicca and I accept their beliefs for what they are to them. I'm a very open-minded individual and just because I haven't tried something myself, doesn't necessarily mean I don't believe in it at all. A thing I always like to say that sums up my feelings on the idea of magic is this "I believe in the possibility of everything, and the probability of (almost) nothing." Sweat
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote        
I have dabbled in alchemy. Basically just chemistry with a strong spiritual connection. Of course the eternal question is whether magic is still magic if you can understand and recreate it? I like Mock's examples of commonly understood magic. Electricity, Magnetism, gravity, entropy, just for starters. All are practically mystical energies with almost limitless possibilities.

I am still amazed by the simple fact that I can pick up a phone and instantly throw mystical energy to the other side of the world in order to communicate. It's not just throwing sound because sound waves travel a lot slower than a telephone signals.
Mock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote        
realAniram wrote:
Prayer Magick (my main use) is one that uses only your will to cause or prevent an event. Color Magick forces the beholder's mind to conjure up certain emotions/subconscious thoughts based on what the color is usually associated with (which makes this type more suited for personal use than anything). Tool Magick is when you cast a spell (using more than just words) or use an item you've imbued with that energy to facilitate what you want.

Does anyone have any practical exercises to see whether I can do this kind of thing? The things on the internet are quite vague...

WEREWOLVES!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
I find color magick can be quite handy at times. Though it's hard to work with if you're not used to it, but overall, it helps me quite a bit. Because I'm a very emotionally unstable person xD

Also, Mock, depends on what kind you were asking about. But color magick can be helpful if you're struggling with anxiety or some other type of issue.

Also, I love your note about everything being magic in your last post. Makes me think of my favorite book. I'm very happy.

Cisety

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote        
magic is just something we don't understand yet, the things we know through science would be considered magic to someone 100s of years ago, I'm amazed at the things we know about the universe and how it works. I believe it is very real and that we're discovering the secrets of the world people have been unknowingly using for centuries. I don't believe that the universe will try to shape to what I want but I do believe I can influence myself, how I change the world and the world changes me. I believe in magic but I also try to be practical, I'm not a sorcerer and I don't know anyone who can shoot fire from their fingertips but the wards on my house work quite well and my part of the garden is the nicest despite the same soil and care.
Mock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry wrote:
I find color magick can be quite handy at times. Though it's hard to work with if you're not used to it, but overall, it helps me quite a bit. Because I'm a very emotionally unstable person xD

Also, Mock, depends on what kind you were asking about. But color magick can be helpful if you're struggling with anxiety or some other type of issue.

Also, I love your note about everything being magic in your last post. Makes me think of my favorite book. I'm very happy.

I think I might get into Tarot reading, as I have quite an analytical mind that would be unsuitable for simple psychic powers.

WEREWOLVES!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
Mock: Analytical minds are especially good with tarot reading, or so I've found. I'm naturally tended to look too deep into even the simplest of things. Though, it takes time to learn the meanings behind the cards- and you have to make sure to remember that they can be vague sometimes too. But they're quite helpful to me, personally. I still love doing a week ahead reading once in a while~