Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
Not sure if this was more entertainment or book-related, but anyway...

I just joined Pottermore. Not that I'm really into Harry Potter stuff anymore, but I needed something to do to distract my brain. I was wondering if anybody else was playing it, and what were your thoughts about it. I haven't really done much yet, due to school stuff taking over my life... it seems interesting, but a bit empty right now. Neutral

I'm CauldronKnight4636 by the way. Add me if you want (or challenge me, or something) Wink

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
I got into the beta version. It's not bad, although you (or, at least I did) run out of stuff to do rather fast. I want to get through the other books, but they aren't open yet.

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, same here. I hope they will add more stuff soon. I mean, making potions and duels and redoing the same things over and over can only be fun for so long... Neutral

Reika

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
I'm in Ravenclaw ;A;

Granted, I do think I have some of the qualities that they are looking for, I've always had the feeling that I would not get along as well with the people in Ravenclaw. Gryffindor is more my pace, I would think.

Also, I don't like Ravens, much prefer crows. And lions are badass.

If I got put in Hufflepuff I think I would have tried my hardest to be the most badass honeybadger evar.

Pottermore itself I find absolutely tiresome. I feel like it's purely wasting my time whenever I visit, just like a facebook game. It doesn't supplement my reading at all. I think because I've grown up with it, my vision of the wizarding world is pretty much set in stone.

I'm CastleSword-something-something-some-number. lol.

Lots of people told me that Pottermore is better for hardcore fans of the series, but I argue that I was pretty much the most hardcore [albeit in the closet] Harry Potter fan kid. And yet I still don't like these annoying supplementary passages that rowling decided to dish out. I guess I want to keep my view of the books as a child as pure as I can.

Excuse my rant >.>

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote        
Pretty much the only reason I decided to play was to find out which house I'd end up in. Which turned out to be Gryffindor! Oh yah.
Though I kinda wanted to be hufflepuff, but eh. Guess I'm more suited to the former.

It's pretty interesting though. I like the interface and how it all works, so interesting. I haven't really had time to do much though.

Anyway, my username is SunWing18969! So add meh

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
realAniram

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote        
I'm CatFirebolt somethingorother. xD I'm a Slytherin... I was actually expecting to be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. The people in there are really nice, though (if competitive), and they say the quiz thing to get into the houses are pretty innacurate. We get a lot of people saying they had wanted Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, and so my fellow snakes just say back to delete their account and try again.

Found my username! CatFirebolt9382! :D But since realAniram isn't allowed by their filters, I just go by real there.

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote        
i joined, didnt even get sorted before i got bored. XD id like to take a look soon, but i dont want to end up in Griffindor or Slytherin XP
Blazinfox555

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote        
I got into the beta. I was one of those evil people that got an invite on the first day, and took two spots. On one I'm a Ravenclaw and the other a Hufflepuff. Haven't completed book 2 yet, I'm quite far behind, but too busy to catch up atm. I must say that I really really wanted to be in Slytherin. Wanted so much more information about them!

One of them is DawnWalnut128 and the other is DreamChestnut35. I love how they both begin with a D and have nuts in them :P
Zillah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote        
I could rant on and on about how inaccurate that sorting hat test is. It only asks like seven questions, most of them don't actually relate to your personality, many of them are weighted so that like 80% of people pick one answer, which is terrible design. So, not suprisingly, it's really inconsistent. I took it five times and got Ravenclaw twice, Slytherin twice, and Gryffindor once. I wanted to take it a few more times, but I got pretty annoyed with going through the first however many chapters to get to the sorting hat each time. Especially the chapter where you buy all your materials. Picking an animal and getting a wand is cool and all, but clicking on each individual book in the shop? So tedious.