Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic [ Hangout-with-benefits ] : Summer party, yes/yes?
Nikki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
I've been working all day. I got 41 hours this week and change... The new week starts tomorrow and I'll have 40 hours... Except I work tomorrow, when I usually have off. ;_; Being under staffed SUCKS.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
Where do you work, and can the company afford more workers?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote        
Ew...being understaffed does suck; I've had plenty of experience in that area. Although, I might take it right now, seeing as I reeeaaalllyyy need a job. Sweat
Nikki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote        
I work for a small chain of pet stores in New York state. The store I'm in just has shitty luck with getting applications I guess. Our old manager fired the part-timer that started with me and was trying his damnest to fire me as well. Luckily, I didn't give him any reason to fire me before he was transferred and I got a REAL manager. Weeeee

From what i understand our new part timer is starting work today, he's the "morning shift guy" XD I can't wait to meet him, I hope he's cool and shit. I liked our old part timer, we had stuff in common. Duh I feel so awkward with my full-timers. My ast manager is cool with me but "Jer" is still awkward to speak to. I don't think he likes me u.u

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote        
Nikki wrote:
I work for a small chain of pet stores in New York state. The store I'm in just has shitty luck with getting applications I guess. Our old manager fired the part-timer that started with me and was trying his damnest to fire me as well. Luckily, I didn't give him any reason to fire me before he was transferred and I got a REAL manager. Weeeee

From what i understand our new part timer is starting work today, he's the "morning shift guy" XD I can't wait to meet him, I hope he's cool and shit. I liked our old part timer, we had stuff in common. Duh I feel so awkward with my full-timers. My ast manager is cool with me but "Jer" is still awkward to speak to. I don't think he likes me u.u
Not everyone is going to like you. It's good to hear that you have a decent manager now.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
Woo! Pet store!~ I've always wanted to work in a pet store. Hai
Malfise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
I think it'd be fun to work in a pet store, though I'd probably end up wanting to take all the animals home with me at the end of the day.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, that's why I'd never want to work in a pet store. Too many cute things. Oh Mai

Anyway, happy Easter everyone!
Or just good weekend, if you're like me and didn't do anything special. Hai

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote        
Yeeeah I should never be put alone in a room with an adorable animal, I may just smuggle it into my home. >_>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
neomattlac wrote:
Not everyone is going to like you. It's good to hear that you have a decent manager now.
My old manager was seriously out to get me. I was causally talking with my new manager and she told me that the FIRST thing he told her when I walked in was that she should fire me. I did a few beginner mistakes and he labeled me as a retard. :/

My manager now is amazing and understanding. She's done nothing but help me and improve my knowledge around the store D:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote        
Sly wrote:
It's not all it's cracked up to be. I hate scooping up dead fish and looking for dead animals. Our rats and hamsters eat eachother, it's nasty to have to take out the corpses. ._.

I think the grossest I've ran into was one of the dwarf's died and they ate his face off... I could see his skull, and inside of where his throat would be. T_T I nearly puked when I had to dispose of it.

A few days ago one of our feeder mice died, I knew he was going to die but I left him with the rest of the mice so he could pass on his own and not in a trash can. A customer dragged me away for a good 20 minutes and I come back to a few mice eating him... Blech...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Gawd, that manager sounds like a nightmare. Great that you have a good one now. I don't think I've ever had a horrible manager (I've never had a real job, though, so) but I have had horrible coworkers/project leaders.

And suddenly I've lost the desire to work in a pet shop. I dunno. I don't think I would mind it. I used to have degus, and at one point they started breeding and eating each other and it was reaaaally disturbing, but I think I'm pretty immune to animals eating each other now.

I'm hoping to get a job within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully something like emptying trashcans where I don't have to interact with people > <

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
Nikki wrote:
Sly wrote:
It's not all it's cracked up to be. I hate scooping up dead fish and looking for dead animals. Our rats and hamsters eat eachother, it's nasty to have to take out the corpses. ._.

I think the grossest I've ran into was one of the dwarf's died and they ate his face off... I could see his skull, and inside of where his throat would be. T_T I nearly puked when I had to dispose of it.

A few days ago one of our feeder mice died, I knew he was going to die but I left him with the rest of the mice so he could pass on his own and not in a trash can. A customer dragged me away for a good 20 minutes and I come back to a few mice eating him... Blech...

Ah, ain't nature lovely? Roll Eyes It probably wouldn't bother me too much, but still yeuch...."

And crappy managers suck. At one of my previous jobs, I had one that when she left told the new management horrible things about almost everyone who had worked under her; she said I was really negative and just overall unpleasant. Bitch, sure I was. That's why all I ever did was what I was asked to do without complaining and why customers loved me. >_< I really hated that woman.... Neutral

I might be getting a new job here soon, hopefully that goes well...but I'm nervous. ^^;

Malfise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote        
I'm going to go apply for a job tomorrow. I don't know that I'll get it, though. I'm going to take my resume in in person instead of emailing it, so hopefully that'll give me brownie points or whatever. But of all the jobs I've seen listed, I'd really like this one. It's a job for my university, putting together goodie boxes that parents can buy to deliver to their student.

It's like

putting food in a box

and making it look pretty

and that's the job

and i want it

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 am Reply with quote        
Sounds like a good job.~ the job(s) I'm looking at don't seem that interesting to me. But what can I say? I need to make monehs. Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next