Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
I've taken up crochet lately; and for an "old lady" hobby, it's infuriating. ._. I don't even... FFFFFFSSS

Right now I'm working on this:

http://amigurumibarmy.blogspot.com/2012/01/heart-pattern_04.html

Looks simple enough, but it's a lot harder to make a flat circle than you'd think. I just finished one, and I'm not entirely happy with it. Dunno if I wanna start over or not. T_T

Have you ever tried to crochet? What are some fun projects/patterns that you've done or seen?

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
ooh Chu! I crochet I'm a beginner but am working on some projects I really love amigurumi its so adorably cute. I also needlefelt google it its when you use unspun wool roving and a barbed needle to create animals and things, I've been doing that for a couple of years now and love it, its my passion. I've even won awards in craft shows. But Crochet can be frustrating the best thing I can suggest is holding the hook properly really helps, tension and reading a pattern properly rofl http://indigoinkcreations.blogspot.com.au/ is my blog to check out my crochet stuff and needlefelted critters
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
Ahhh, it's all so cute!! > 3< I'd never be able to do anything like that, haha. The only reason I really picked up crochet was to have something to fill my days with, haha. I have no talent at all for it.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote        
thanks you learn how to do it if you want to rofl and with crochet how tight are you doing the stitches? I know with amigurumi so that the stuffing doesnt show through the stitches are meant to be tight also with stuffing the amigurumi its meant to be stuffed hard so it holds its shape better *nods* I just brought an adoable bear pattern on etsy today Ive fallen in love with crochet miniatures

is the bear that would be made (pic isn't mine from the listing)

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote        
Pff, that bear is so adorable! Hai

I've been crocheting for... dunno, a year and a half? I've seen my parents knit for pretty much my whole life, but I was never really good at it. And then I saw some amigurumi or some other thing made with crochet, and I thought I'd been fun to try it.
Right now, I've some large plushie thing I need to finish. Will try to post pictures later.
Oh, and I've been stupid enough to decide to make my final project for school with it... orz

Little example of previous project thing:

The best tip I could give you is to find some simple tutorial (there are loads of them on youtube), then just make squares or circles, trying different stitches and all. It's kinda boring, but it really helps to learn to make regular stitches. And once you've got that right, it gets pretty easy. Wink

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote        
I gave up crochet. I tried it and failed miserably, I'm better at knitting. But I popped in to say that Heart actually looks kind of hard xD

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
Ninja, I actually make my stitches too tight. I don't even... I always need to use bigger needles than called for, haha.

Maeve, oh my god, you're both so good! Q.Q Gimme yer talentz. What's your final project about?

Demon, I've never tried knitting, but I'm pretty good at sewing. Lately I've been going crazy over stuffed animals. I'm actually making my boyfriend companion cubes and his sister a kitty for Easter. xP

And the heart wasn't bad once I pieced the two circles together. It was making them that was a pain in the ass.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve that is really cute love the Christmas colorway that yarn is in too cute with that pattern

Angelic rofl I gave up knitting can't for the life of me get it, my other halfs mother knits and tried teaching me and gave up haha so Im glad I can crochet somewhat

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks Happy

My final project is some sort of miniature forest, made from yarn. Well, it's mostly miniature compared to a real forest. The base is 2½ x 5 feet, and it should be approximately 24 inches tall when finished. It's basically just a large brown "blanket" kind of thing, with green trees and stuff. And a table to hold everything, but it's made of wood so it's not interesting. I'll try to post some wip pictures later.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve, that sounds awesome...I wish I could do that.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
after talking about crochet here I made a crocheted egg last night am thinking of embroidering something on it and when I can I'll post pics rofl eggs are so cute.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote        
Where's those work in progress pics? I wanna see the forest.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote        
I has an addiction to buying crochet magazines and then not making any of the projects in them ^^ rofl just saying, its true. They are somewhat expensive magazines too lol but I likes them. I will one day make these dang projects
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote        
Like I do with business magazines and books.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:10 am Reply with quote        
really? well I guess there are like interesting topics to read about in business things like books and magazines that would just send me to sleep though rofl I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so to speak. Not stupid just not terribly smart either haha