Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote        
Lately I've realized that I'm very bashful when I'm trying to be romantic. In the past I could do or say pretty much anything with ease, but I suppose I've closed myself off since then? I dunno. It's strange - I can barely say a single thing without immediately going, "lulz, kay, done now. Dicks."

So, surely others around here struggle with romance as much as I do. I mean, we do live on the internet, after all. I'm not really complaining about it - I just think it's odd considering what a natural romantic I am. And hell, I'm a writer, so I can write anything easily. Just can't do it. xP

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
I am the same way. Can't do anything romantic without feeling horribly silly, mostly because I can't take it seriously long enough. Laugh
Pretty much if I try to say anything it just falls apart and I either give up or turn it into a joke. OTL Which i kinda feel bad about, but hey... at least I try. Embarrassed

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote        
Right! :P I've been jokingly scolded for not being able to keep a romantic mood going, but it just feels so contrived. I'm not the "You are my light, my world, my universe!! For you, Love..." type of person.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
Yes XD Very tacky.. if I want to show my affection it's usually through sarcasm, heheh.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
I am not an overly romantic person, but I can go with the romantic stuff now... I'm steadily getting more used to all kinds of social interaction U:

Also, I can't take this conversation seriously when you two are cats. .__.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote        
Weaseldale wrote:
I am not an overly romantic person, but I can go with the romantic stuff now... I'm steadily getting more used to all kinds of social interaction U:

Also, I can't take this conversation seriously when you two are cats. .__.

Better? Hai

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote        
Yes. Oh Mai

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
The moustache is what makes it serious.

WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
Ive been in a relationship with my current partner for nearly six years and Im just not a romantic gal at best lol I say cute things like bunny and give him nicknames as he does for me however we generally show our appreciation for one another by doing things that is a help Occasionally we''ll go out for dinner or see a romantic movie if we can afford it
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds like me and my ex. Obviously, it didn't work out for me. My personalities don't mix. On one hand I love to do romantic stuff, but on the other hand, I feel like I'm tied up when I'm with a girl, like I'm in the wrong time in this society, because it's not "normal."

I'm quite chivalrous, and come the fall semester, I will begin the movement for it to become normal. Full suits will not be required during hot weather, but being nicely dressed will be.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
So I checked out this proposal video that Adam told me about today. Here's the video and our resulting conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_v7QrIW0zY&feature=g-all-f

Quote:
Chu: That proposal was sweet, but way too over-the-top.
Chu: God, that's just terrible.
Chu: Too much attention.
Chu: Too many people.
EposVox [Adam]: >_<
Chu: /wrist
EposVox [Adam]: I knew it wouldn't be good for you. It was just cute
EposVox [Adam]: You'd be angry if it happened to you hahaha
Chu: Ugh, and to kiss in front of that many people!!
Chu: Fuuuuuuuck no.
Chu: No.
Chu: God no.
Chu: Not cute.
Chu: Mortifying.
EposVox [Adam]: -_-
Chu: I was all, "Ooh, Adam uploaded a new video... Wait a minute... Damn, this is gay. Where are the vidya gamez?"
EposVox [Adam]: /facefloor
Chu: Bleh. Just watching it made me extremely uncomfortable.
Chu: Although I understand the love aspect of marriage more than I used to, I still see it as largely a business/financial decision.
Chu: Well, half-and-half. But still. Too romanticized.
EposVox [Adam]: I understand
Chu: Sorry, I know I'm cold. >_< I'm just so uncomfortable for some reason. Hate at self.
EposVox [Adam]: :/ I'm sorry. I shouldn't have showed it to you.
Chu: WHAT THE FUCK FACEBOOK I CAN'T EVEN LIKE GOD DAMNED POSTS WHY YOU COCKSUCKER FFFFFFFUUUU-
Chu: Nah, you're fine. Most girls respond well to that. I get all shaky and Q.Q
EposVox [Adam]: :/
Chu: I'm sorry. >_<
Chu: If/when you do propose, don't make it a big deal. Please. Or at the very least make it a private affair.
EposVox [Adam]: I fully planned to make it private. But still somewhat a big deal. Certainly NOWHERE NEAR that big, but certainly not anywhere near as casual as my joke proposals.
Chu: asdfghjkl;
Chu: As long as no one sees it.
EposVox [Adam]: ><
Chu: You know that I have a romantic side; the rest of the world doesn't.
Chu: And imagine how incredibly awkward that poor girl must have felt!!
Chu: It was so long and dragged out.
EposVox [Adam]: It was way too long, I'll give it that.
Chu: Sooooo much time for her to go back and forth between, "So is this a proposal, or am I over-thinking things?"
EposVox [Adam]: But also, the sense of awkwardness for most people is going to be nowhere near that for you.
Chu: T_T
EposVox [Adam]: But yes, the length was a tad ridiculous
Chu: The panic attacks.
Chu: Oh god the panic attacks.
Chu: I'd jump out of the fucking van and just book it.
Chu: All the way back to my safe little bedroom. T_T

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I'm fucked then. I was all ready to get old school. Bust out the white suit and horse, ride in and pick that chick up, ride on the beach, picnic at sunset, and bang the ... out of her. Generic gal, no one specific.

Klink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote        
@Chu: Nope, have no idea what you're talking about. I was born romantic. XP

I actually think it's quite cute when a girl says something romantic, or even a little sexy, and then blushes and quickly looks away afterward. Just my opinion.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, I love me some shy girls, but being a shy guy myself, it just ends up being two awkward months together, and then someone figures out that its a boring, going-nowhere-fast relationship. So, quittin' time.
That is one long run-on sentence.

Klink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote        
@neo: Sounds like you need a girl who will be making most of the moves. ;P Although don't be afraid to make some yourself. I like it when it's a mix of both, but yes, there's something about shy women that I just can't get enough of.