Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote        
And of course I forget the title of the game as soon as I make the thread... ._. Dammit.

Anyway-

FFFFFSS LIMBO!

Kay, Limbo. Limbo is the name. It's a grainy, black-and-white platformer. Very short, but very well-made. The raw feeling that is expressed in this game is a work of art, plain and simple. It's beautiful.

Another one that I enjoy (simply for the total mindfuck of it all) is Techno Kitten Adventure. Yes, it exists, and it is beautiful. You can play it on Facebook.

And, to end my little ramble, Castle Crashers is one that I've been dying to play, but never got around to. I love the soundtrack though - I discovered some of the songs before even discovering the game, actually. All on Newgrounds.

Kay, now you share. :3 Nerd spam made my incapable of proper discussion for a moment.

ecco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote        
Limbo = awesome and creepy.

Castle Crashers = batshit and fun~

Braid = massive mindfuckery.

Super Meat Boy = dafuq is this IDK but i like it!

The Binding of Isaac = super fucked up survival horror?

Osmos = ambient, trippy and relaxing!

Atom Zombie Smasher = really weird, but a lot of fun.

Gratuitous Space Battles = hard but addictive.

Revenge of the Titans = quirky Tower Defense, also quite hard.

ummm. that's all i got for now. but yes. all brilliant games Happy

ohhh and if you have a PS3, download Linger in Shadows - its not so much a game as an interactive short film, but it's very weird, a little creepy, and a lovely work of art.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote        
Ah, I forgot The Binding of Isaac! It looks great but I've never played it myself - only watched LPs.

And ugh, Super Meat Boy... x.x Why. It's fun as hell, but just as brutal.

I'll look into that one. :] My uncle and I are getting together this weekend and we always play games together, so I'll have to keep that in mind.

ecco

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote        
just be prepared for a rather surreal experience if you do buy it (it's pretty cheap as i recall though) Smile