Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote        
It was early but Joana was already wide awake, the events from the previous night still fresh on her mind. She strewn her belongings across the bed, looking over what she had left: Three small daggers, a few coins, a wire, some thin rope and a few scraps of paper.
"Shit" She quietly cursed under her breath. She was days from home with less than what she'd carry around at home.

She started to seriously consider Trin's suggestion. Just this once, there wouldn't be any harm in that... right? As much as she didn't want to admit it, Joana realized that if she was ever going to make it to the city she'd need to do something and fast.

Joana gathered her belongings and placed them all in a bag she found, probably left by the previous guest. Walking into the main area she noticed the innkeeper wasn't out yet, so she made her way out into the town. Hopefully some gullible folks were out this early, otherwise she'd have to wait... and God knows how much she wanted to get out of this town.

She walked a ways before noticing Zanril heading into a stable, making her way over to them. She was more curious as to what Zanril was planning than the horses, when she heard Zanril's jests and rushed in to see what was going on, peering over to see why Zanril was causing such a commotion.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote        
Trin was having a very nice dream. It had something to do with flying purple jaguars taking her to the moon. Her father was about to give her the key to that door over there, which was a VERY big deal in the ancient tradition, when a harsh creaking sound grated against Trin's ears and woke her up.

Trin swallowed a series of foul curses as a massive headache sprung into being. She cracked an eye open, saw light pouring in from the stable door, and saw a large figure. Trin decided the figure wasn't worth worrying over, and settled back in to sleep.

Or, she tried, but then that 'figure' decided to have some fun. Trin had a brief (very brief) mental battle within herself, on whether to ignore the large man or to respond. She was going to ignore him, but then he started goading her. Trin's mind was made up in an instant. Her yellow-amber eyes narrowed to slits, and she struck out with her heel at the man's groin.

She made contact. Very solid contact. A more sadistic person would have started cackling.

Trin levered herself out of the hay onto her knees, picking up coins that had fallen to the floor.

"Indeed, master shadow," she growled to the man currently clutching himself on the ground, "My might knows no bounds, but as you said yourself, I am a little trickster, not a warrior. You'd be wise to remember that. Also, as exotic as my appearance is, I am not an invert. I'll gladly take your gold, but you can keep any women that you'd be lucky enough to get." Trin was really in a foul mood.

Trin pocketed the rest of the gold she found, and was tending to her horse as Joana burst into the stables.

"Oh, hey," Trin muttered, "Your friend seems to have hurt himself. Have any luck finding more supplies?"

Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
Zanril let out some laughter, not that it didn't hurt, but it was hilarious regardless. After rolling around on the ground a bit, he still felt like playing around. He hadn't let all the coins fall onto Trin, and eyed them up while laying on the ground.

He stood up and smiled at Joanna, and once again holding Trins purse, put the rest of the coins back in. "She saw me trip on some nails, and her coin purse dropped all over the floor when she was startled. No big deal."

He chuckled a little and tossed the purse back at Trin. "Be careful with that, lots of folk around here may not be as honest as I."

He took a look around the stable. There were a few horses, but doubtful any of them were for sale. Although he was sure he could afford to buy a few after walking around town for a while.

"I had come in here to look for horses to take with us. I'd much rather get there sooner than later. Gods only know if this is a nice day between blizzards."
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
Trin caught the purse easily, and glared at the man. She quickly counted the coins, and was satisfied with the number. She tucked the purse into her saddlebags, and knelt down to check her horse's ankle.

"Feelin' any better?" she asked the mare, "Think we may be able to leave today?" Kiara whinnied softly. "Good good, then we'll leave soon. I'll be back with food." Trin pulled her coat out of the saddlebags and yanked it on, before turning back around and crossing to the man.

"You won't be able to find a horse in here," she said, "These are all the locals'. Not that you'd want 'em anyway. Pack-horses, no good for riding, mostly. Slower'n molasses, and nowhere near as smart. As for the weather...Well, the nearest town is a few days walk. It's possible to make camp in a storm if the weather takes a turn for the worse. I'd go with ya, but hell, I don't even know your name. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got two stomachs to fill." Trin brushed past and walked to the door.

"Hey, girlie," she said as she pushed open the door, "I can show you where to get shit, if you still need stuff."

((FYI this is Trin's horse.))

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote        
Joana wasn't quite sure how to respond, the sight before her quite different then what she had imagined was happening, taking everything in her not to break down laughing.

She let out a light chuckle before nodding at Trin, remembering the reason she was out here anyway. Definitely gonna need lots of supplies for this trip, especially if another blizzard blows through she thought. Some string and paper isn't going to do much good if that's the case...

"Where might that be?"

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote        
Trin pushed open the door with her hip, beckoning Joana with her head.

"C'mon," she said, "This way." Trin left the stable, wincing at the sunlight reflecting off the snow. She tramped into the inn, which was almost empty. The innkeeper was missing, so Trin hopped over the counter to grab any supplies she needed.

Trin threw some food into a bag and grabbed a bag of horsefeed, tossing it over her shoulder. She put a few gold coins wherever she took something from, making sure that it was just below the fair amount.

"Right then," Trin said, once she was satisfied with her supplies, "What were you looking for? We can find a good amount of stuff here that the innkeeper wouldn't miss, and there are shops around town for stuff that ain't here."

neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
Username: neomattlac
Character Name: Ogre Bear (Originally, Harold Landor)
Sex: Yes, please!
Height: 6' 10"
Build: Bulky(Gut, but obviously strong)
Weight: 350lbs
Eyes: Blue and green
Handedness: Right handed
Skin: Dirty, callused hands, tanned skin, scars visibly on arms.
Hair: Brown, short cut, rugged, somewhat dirty hair. Bushy, oddly, red beard.
Description: Built like a bear, and keeps to himself. If in a fight, he'll typically take a lot of hits, but dish out only a few, slow, but hard, hits. He's been known to walk right through obstacles instead of avoiding them. On more than one occasional, he's been known to be hurt and not realize it until it was pointed out. Despite his rough exterior, he reads a map well, and knows quite a few tidbits of knowledge. Most of his pack is full of books, and cooking equipment, his two passions.

-How were you born and raised?
He was raised in a lower middle class family, with a few other brothers. He never struggled for money, but never felt quite right standing still, always wanting a job. Often, as a child, he was ridiculed for his size and quiet temperament, being called "Bear" or "Ogre." This serves only to make him even more quiet. The nicknames stuck throughout his life and now, still, is called "The Ogre Bear," or just "Bear."

-How did you learn/train in your class?
When he was younger, Harold wanted to cook. So, he worked as a baker for a short time. One day, however, an innkeeper took Harold with him to go hunting. It was soon found that Harold was much better as a hunter than he was as a cook. He still continued to cook for himself and his family, however hunting is his main profession. Due to his large size, he has also taken jobs in construction, demolition, and, briefly, as a bodyguard.

-What are your strengths? What do you excel at doing?
He is extremely proficient in hunting, cleaning, and cooking meat. He has recently began to teach himself a new style of fighting where he targets weak points, which he has learned of through his years of butchering. He can read a map extremely well, despite often confusing left and right, more as a semantic error than an error of reading the map. He has very hard skin and can take a lot of damage before feeling any pain.

---------------------

Bear had had a rough night. He recently had been going through a slump. Most animals hide well during the winter, so he hasn't had much to sell. He tried to win back his money in cards, as he had in the past, and found himself losing more than he could probably afford. This town wasn't turning out to be good for him. Despite the storm, he decided he might need to leave soon. Other than the card game, he couldn't remember much from the night before. He must have gotten drunk. He sort of remembers wandering up the stairs to his room, or what he assumed was his room(he found out, in the morning, that it was in fact not his room). And he remembered at some point falling, hard, off of the bed and hearing some sweet voice.

Based on the light coming from the window, Bear assumed it was around noon. He knew he had to get up and go hunting soon, or else move to the next town, but, despite being on the floor, the inn's warmth felt too good. So, he decided, or rather his eyes decided, to go back asleep.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote        
(ooc: welcome to the RP Neo! Happy Added your profile.)

Joana embarked once again, following Trin back into the inn and watched as she started taking supplies. She felt a little uneasy, but instead of making anything of it she hopped over the counter and proceeded to look through everything.

"Perhaps a.... coat?" She chuckled and grabbed a warm looking jacket, not too thick but just about right for the trip.

"I lost my bedroll and all of my food, not to mention all the necessities that were in my satchel. Flint, knives, coins, clothes, everything."
She rolled her eyes and noticed a a purple tinted cloak tucked away in a corner. It looked old and worn, the color faded out with several rips and holes. Without thinking twice Joana grabbed it up and tucked it away into her bag. Surely no one will miss this old thing...

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote        
Trin was slightly surprised when Joana's "pride" didn't stop her from taking what she needed. It was a good surprise. Trin grinned at the girl, then kicked open the door to the back room.

"Good on ya, little miss," Trin tossed over her shoulder as Joana pulled the cloak out. "Come on, you should be able to find what you need back here. I gotta go find my bag. I left it in my room...hopefully it's still there. If not, well, then I may get to find a way to get rid of this bloody hangover." Trin growled, and turned back to the stairs, stomping up them.

"Nothing clears up a headache like a fight," she muttered, "I really hope my bag's missing."

Despite Trin's deepest wishes, when she kicked open the door, her bag was lying on the floor next to the doorjamb.

"Tch, well damn." She scooped the bag up and slung it over over her shoulder. Trin glanced over to her bed, and the massive sleeping body behind it.

"How you feeling, fatso?" she asked, "From the stink of you, you must have a worse headache than me."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote        
((I'm sooo sorry that I disappeared from this, guys! D: I did tell Mal I was coming back, but then I got busy/distracted with real life stuff and...didn't. Duh OTL If you forgive me, and will have me back, I'd like to play more now that I've got some more time. I promise not to disappear again! Sorry!!))

Dakarai had been standing in the shadows of the stable during the mornings “festivities” unnoticed by any of the others. Now he steps out towards one of the horses and begins stroking its nose and whispering to it in a strange-sounding language. The horse is an old mare, not particularly quick or agile anymore, but she is calm and gentle and has been Dakarai's companion for years. She seems responsive to Dakarai's words, and nuzzles his hand. Dakarai chuckles and addresses the horse in English.

“They sure are noisy around here eh, Abeni? What do you think? Is it time to move on again?”

The horse whinnies softly at Dakarai's question and he chuckles again. With a final pat to her snout, he leaves the stable and heads back to the inn, intending to get his supplies.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
Username: KoyiTar
Name: Lucy (The name given to her by the people that found her. It was originally Lucky but she decided to start going by Lucy that way she didn’t sound like some pet of some sort)
Age: Unknown to her but she appears to be in her middle to late 20’s
Sex: Female
Build: Curvy with a bit of muscle
Weight: 156lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Handedness: Right handed
Skin: Slightly tanned, A few scars on her arms, large scar across her face from her forehead across the right side of her nose and ending on her left cheek
Hair: Long brunette hair kept in a braid.
Height: 5' 6"
Description: Quite, and somewhat shy, doesn’t like to fight but can handle herself if she has to be in one.

Lucy knows nothing of how she was raised up until now. In fact she can’t remember anything from before two years ago. When she woke up in a farmers hut being tended to by the farmer’s wife and two young children, saying she was lucky to be amongst the living. Not knowing who she was or what had really happened to her she lived with them adopting the name Lucky until recently when she shortened it to Lucy, because a passer through joked that her name sounded more like a dogs or horses.

About a year ago Lucy learned that buried deep somewhere in her mind she had the ability to heal. This came about on evening when the farmer’s wife burned her arm rather severally while cooking dinner. Amazingly Lucy was able to heal it rather quickly. She had surprised the farmer and herself with her ability.

-What are your personal goals and desires? Curious about her renewed ability to heal on a fairly proficient scale Lucy set out from her adoptive home of a year and half to search for: Who she really was, if she still had a family that was looking for her, what her purpose had been for being a healer, and most importantly though what had happened to cause her to lose her memory and have such a scar in the first place.

At the moment the only strengths Lucy knows of is her healing ability. She is also pretty good at fighting off people if needs be with a staff she picked up along the way in her travels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
((Forgive me if this a bit of a shaky introduction post I honestly hate coming in lat on rp's but this one caught my interest))

Lucy was quite as she walked through the small town looking for the inn. It had been a long walk from the last town to where she was now and she was rather hungry. A bit of food and rest and she would be on her way again after trying to find any form of information about a battle or large fight that took place two years ago. It was the same everywhere she went no real information whispers here and there but no real leads. Nothing to tell her who she was or if anyone was even looking for her.

She found the path that lead to the towns inn and made her way to there. From there she would regain her energy and try and find the information she sought. Of course because of her scar most people would probably think she was looking for trouble which she never was but it had a habit of finding her especially in smaller towns like this one. "Hopefully this time will be different." She said to herself as she stepped through the doorway of the inn.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote        
Bear was just about back asleep when he heard a voice behind him, a voice that felt like two nails being jabbed into his temples.
"You have no idea," he grumbled.
He slowly pushed himself up, off the floor to face the young lady.
"I take it that this was your room last night. I'm sorry for impeding your sleep last night. I hope this covers my half of the rent." He dropped a few measly coins into the young woman's hand, knowing that it was the last of his money.
He gathered himself up, and attempted to wedge his way past the doorway, back into the hall and down the stairs, hoping to find work soon enough that he would be able to eat bread tonight, and not just the meat he would, maybe, hunt.

Klink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
Username: Klink
Name: Lukys Cale
Sex: Male
Apperance: Standing about six feet tall, Lukys has eyes as dark as the hair that often falls into them. His hair is not long, but people occasionally poke fun at its shaggy appearance. The lightly suntanned skin on his hands and arms are pigmented with many cuts and burns from the potions he creates, or attempts to create. The clothes he wears to cover his lean muscular build are rather plain, seeing as neither he nor his family have the money to pay for anything extravagant.

Description: Although speaking and interacting with others has always come somewhat naturally to Lukys, he still prefers to keep to himself. He was never one for conveying his feelings and emotions. Lukys spends a lot of his time working to keep the family apothecary business on the map in a Northern city, although when he does have free time he likes to create potions from scratch, including experimenting with poisons.

His father had always ran a trusted apothecary, but shortly after Lukys turned 20 his father was executed for practicing magic. Nobody in the family knew anything about it, not even Lukys, and that was what planted the seed of his hate for the nobles of the city they lived in. Luckily, the city let Lukys continue the apothecary business, knowing that no one else was as well trained as him. Shortly after his father's passing, his sisters married young and left the house. His mother, driven into depression, left to live with his eldest sister.

Lukys' father had taught him everything he knew about healing potions and herbs, although Lukys taught himself to throw daggers during his long trips of gathering plants in the nearby woodland and forests.

Even though Lukys is not very good at expressing his own feelings, he is excellent at reading people.

- - -

As he pushed the wooden door open and stepped outside, Lukys covered his eyes with the back of his palm to shield them from the blazing morning sun, but the air was still crisp and bitterly cold. Should've brought a heavier coat, Lukys thought to himself.

"Well, at least the storm has cleared up a bit. I suppose you'll be leaving soon," Ulric bellowed, handing Lukys the rest of his packs. Ulric had been a family friend since before Lukys' birth, and had always been more than willing to offer up some of his supplies to his friends in the city up north, even after all that had happened with Lukys' father.

"I suppose I will. You and your wife have been more than kind to have let me stay so long. I'm thankful for not having to stay in that crowded inn," Lukys nodded his head across the street where the inn stood, the snow around it disturbed with tracks of people and their horses getting an early start. "You're always welcome to stay with me whenever you visit the city."

With all his new apothecary supplies, Lukys clambered down the steps to Ulric's house, and looked around for either a horse or coach to take him back to the city, when suddenly the quiet morning was pierced with a man's loud guffaw. It had come from the inn's stable. What kind of sick business could that man be doing. This made Lukys smile, his curiosity getting the best of him.

Apparently he hadn't been the only inquisitive one because soon a young woman ran to the stables, a grin coming upon her face as she peered in. Another young woman left the stables to join her before they both headed back toward the inn.

When Lukys finally decided to check out the stables himself, there was a man inside saddling a couple of horses.

"You didn't hurt the horses too badly, I hope," Lukys mocked with a wide smirk. "Here, let me help." Lukys shrugged off his packs, walking over to the horse next to the tall man who was saddling the horse beside it. "I'm Lukys."
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote        
Trin snickered at the man's plight, but her laugh caught in her throat when he stood up. She whistled, looking up and up and up. Trin was used to being the shortest one in the room, it had been that way her whole life, but this guy was ridiculously tall. Trin recongized him as one of the drunkards she'd soundly beaten at cards the night before.

"Damn fatso," she said, "You musta downed an entire keg last night to give you that much trouble. Someone your size doesn't often get floored."

Trin took the money without comment. The innkeeper was actually letting her room for free, but Trin didn't mind the extra coin. For a moment, Trin felt a twinge of something in her stomach. Was that...guilt? Why, because she'd already taken this giant for what was probably way more money than he could afford, and now she was taking the last of his money? Was she really feeling guilty?

Trin burped, and the feeling passed.

"Phew," Trin muttered to herself, "Wouldn't want to be growing a conscience now." She shook her head to clear it, then jogged down the stairs, then out to the stables. Trin cast a wary eye on the taller man, and set down the supplies she'd taken to start saddling Kiara so they could get the hell out of this town.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote        
"Yeah, something like that."
Bear turned to the tavernmaster. "You know any good leads to jobs around here? Preferably something with my hands."
The tavernmaster sent him to go check the blacksmith's place, the butcher's shop, and the mayor's office. Since Bear wasn't inclined to talk to anyone who mattered, he got up and headed to the butcher's shop.
The tavernmaster yelled at him, "Hey! You want sometin' to eat before headin' out?" Bear just shrugged and yelled back, "I'll find something along my way."
And so he headed on his way to the butcher's, a few blocks down. Bear grumbled through the cold, trying to ignore the rumbling of his stomach, a mix between his hunger and leftover hangover from the night before.