Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote        
Zanril smiled at the woman who flamboyantly landed herself at the table he and Joana had been eating at. A bit of a trickster, slightly drunk, some coin dangling in her pocket.

If he wasn't in such mixed company it wouldn't be a thing to lift her purse from her, but that may very well come at a later date. Right now she was being slightly annoying, if not amusing. With a sigh he plucked a card from her hand and took a look at it.

"Tell me then, what does this card mean for me?"
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote        
((*Pops in.* This looks fun, may I play?~ Sweat ))

Username: Sly
Name: Dakarai Ekundayo
Sex: Male
Build: Small but trim
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Kind of foggy gray, obviously blind
Handedness: Left handed
Skin: Dark tan
Hair: Dark brown; worn in long braids
Height: 5’9
Description: Dakarai is pretty easy-going, in general. If ever caught in the midst of a dispute, he prefers to take a stance of neutrality whenever possible. He is kind and reserved, generally soft-spoken. While all this combined can make him seem like he would be a bit of a pushover, he is more strong-willed than he lets on; he just tends to be passionate about fairness and hearing all sides of a given situation before acting. As a rather gifted musician, people are always expecting Dakarai to strum them a tune on his guitar whenever he’s around; he is usually all too happy to oblige.

-How were you born and raised?
Dakarai was born in a small tribal village far away from where he now finds himself. His mother died during childbirth and as a prominent warrior, his father was often away from the village. This left Dakarai to be raised by the women and elders of the village. Dakarai lost his sight when he was a very young boy, due to sickness.
-How did you learn/train in your class?
Being blind and without any close relatives, Dakarai felt a bit lonely and isolated as a child. He began passing the long hours of the day wandering about the village, until one day he found himself in the company of the Music Man. The Music Man was a kindly old man and something like the bard of the village. He took pity on the young Dakarai and began teaching him the stories and ancient songs of the village, as well as how to play various instruments; Dakarai was a natural.
For a while, everything was going well for Dakarai; the Music Man had no successor of his own and it was naturally assumed that Dakarai would take his place when the time came. Then one day when Dakarai was 17, his father was bought back to the village mortally wounded from a battle; that night he confided in his son that he had always wished the two of them could have traveled to see the world beyond their small village together. By the next morning, Dakarai’s father was dead. After burying his father, Dakarai decided to honor his memory the best way that he knew how: by setting out to see the world. The Music Man gave Dakarai a finely crafted guitar as a parting gift, and he left without ever looking back. It was difficult to get to where he is now, and sometimes he still yearns for home; but he has vowed not to return until he has seen the whole world…or at least everything interesting.

-What are your strengths? What do you excel at doing?
Dakarai’s strengths are: he is calm and collected, a good judge of situations, and intelligent. He is a skilled musician and people generally find him friendly and easy to talk to. Also, although he is small and chooses not to fight, he is in good shape and can more than hold his own in physical confrontations if he must. He also has a pretty stellar sense of smell and hearing, probably due to his lacking eyesight.

Dakarai sat quietly at a secluded table, as yet unnoticed by anyone at the bar. He sipped on a glass of water and just listened to the bustle of conversation around him. He thought with a twinge how his father probably would have loved this place. A sad little smile played across his face, as he absently strumed his guitar sitting on the floor beside him.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote        
Joana looked down at the coins laid before her, slightly annoyed by the gesture but at the same time relieved. Before she could work up a response however, the girl from earlier quite literally landed in the seat before her.

Startled, Joana jumped back before throwing the woman a scalding look.

"W-what's it to ya!?" she scowled, her voice slightly flustered. "I don't need anyone to tell me what I already know." She affirmed, throwing her fist down onto the table, sitting up to meet the woman's gaze. She was obviously quite annoyed at the sudden intrusion.

(welcome to the RP Sly! Have fun Happy )

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote        
"Tch, geez, no need to be so pissy," Trin said, completely unruffled, "Sorry big guy. No wisdom from the powers of the universe today. Wouldn't want to upset Little Miss Prissy here." Trin poked her tongue out at the girl, meeting her gaze evenly. After a moment, Trin leaned back on her chair nonchalantly, folding her hands behind her head.

"You guys just arrive in town?" she asked, "Haven't seen ya around. Been here a few days myself. My horse twisted her ankle, so I was stranded for a little bit. The old man who runs this place paid me and a few others to help fix some stuff out back, and I'da been long gone if it weren't for the damn snow. Can't effing wait to get outta this podunck town. Gimme a city any day." Trin scowled into the distance, expressing her distaste of the small town that she was trapped in.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
Joana flinched at the woman's jests, biting her tongue to keep from unleashing the well of curses that had built up. She wasn't about to let this stranger get under her skin.

"Yeah, just got here sometime in the afternoon. Been wandering for a few days, and just my luck I ended up here." Joana sarcastically remarked, still eyeing the girl who sat before her.
She adjusted herself, moving to a more relaxed position, before half heartily responding with "A city? You don't say! We're heading to a city ourselves."
Joana stopped... Crap. It seems she got ahead of herself, assuming they were going together like that. Maybe he won't notice...

Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote        
Zanril just listened to the two talk, and smiled when Joana had her little slip up. Hadn't known him more than an hour and already she was warming up to him it seemed.

"Yeah, we're heading to the city. I've got business to do, clients to take care of, that sort of thing. I can't let this storm keep me here too long, I might leave on the ass-end of it. Though it will be colder than a witches tit in an iceberg."

He let out a big yawn, pulling his cloak a bit closer to him. Still felt a bit chilly, and he was quite tired. That bed he had reserved just started sounding oh-so-good. He smiled a bit. "I'll sleep like a baby with this storm going on." He muttered.

Then he seemed to halfheartedly grab some more food and continue eating. Full stomach sleep is best sleep after all.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote        
"Clients? What sort of business you into?" Trin asked. "You seem a bit...I dunno, sturdy to be a paper-pusher. And you seem a bit non-sturdy to be travelling around the country," this remark was directed at the girl, "Ain't you cold? Hell, this big lug's still got his cloak on, and his ass is almost in the fire. You sure you...not my business. " Trin shrugged, leaning her chair back further, and staring up at the ceiling.

"Can't wait to get outta here," she muttered, "I'll be out of this inn as soon as it's even sorta safe. Should I expect to see you on the road, since we're travelling in the same direction?"

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote        
Joana chuckled lightly at the girl's remark, looking over at the man. Her outfit was definitely quite... weak, in comparison.
"I think I'll be alright for the night. This is nothing compared to being stuck out there." She noted, glancing over at one of the windows.

Thinking back on it, she probably could have planned this out a bit better. But not much can be done now, might as well get a good night's rest before heading out at least.

Joana stretched out her hand and collected the coins laid beside her plate.
"If you're expecting a thank you, you can forget forget it." Joana said jokingly. "I'm just borrowing it until I can pay ya back"
She smiled, leaning back further into her chair. The warmth of the inn was starting to take affect, slowly as she realized sleep would soon be upon her.

"Hey!" She shouted over to the innkeeper. "Got a room you could spare?" Her tone noticeably changed since the time she arrived. The keeper nodded, "Got jus' the thing." before motioning to the back.

Joana smiled again, before a yawn was able to escape her.
"I'll take it." She affirmed, sitting up to give the innkeeper a few coins.

"Thank ya miss." He affirmed, taking the coins before pointing her to her room. "I suggest you get a good night's sleep before heading out in this, the worst should be over by the time you leave but it's still a long ways. The trip is a rough'n even for the ruggedest traveler."
She nodded, before making her way back to her seat. She looked over a the girl and shrugged. Guess I oughta introduce myself...

"The names Joana, by the way."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
"Tonight, sure, ye'll be fine," Trin conceded, "But what about when you leave? Like your big-ass buddy said, it'll be colder than a witches tit on an iceberg, good analogy by the way. You'll need something a bit sturdier. I'm sure you can buy something from the old man behind the counter for cheap, if you smile wide and bat your eyelids at him." Trin leaned even further back on her chair, tipping it up onto two legs. She stared at the ceiling for a few seconds, balancing the chair without touching her feet to the floor.

The girl asked for a room, and walked away with the innkeeper, and Trin glanced at the man.

"If yer a businessman," she said, "Then I'm a fish. No 'businessman' I ever met was as tough or as generous as you." Trin indicated the place the man had dropped the few coins. "Not that I really mind if yer up to no good. Hell, I'm never up to any good myself. I just wanna know if I gotta watch my back for you when I get to the city." Trin shifted her weight in the chair, pulling one of the legs off the floor. She spun on the one leg still on the ground, giggling as the room spun around her, spotting the girl coming back through the crowd and sitting down.

"I'm Trin," Trin said as she spun around slowly, "Nice ta meet ya. And yer buddy here."

Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
Zanril chuckled a bit at the young woman in front of him. She'd figured him out in no time flat, but from what her upbringing appeared to be, it didn't surprise him. He gave her a wry smile.

"We'll only have a problem if you go about telling people you saw me and know what I'm up to. I'd rather not have to... be unprofessional and make my business about you at any point."

He tossed a coin at her, "Keep your mouth shut about me and we can have a long, happy relationship. Hell, I always appreciate a bird-dog." He winked at her.

"If you know of somewhere that could use my particular business talents, I have no problem dropping a percentage your way."

With that, he got up and wandered back to his room. By the gods he was tired, thank goodness it was going to be cold tonight. He always slept better when it was cold.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
Joana eyed the woman keenly, still not sure what to make of her. Though she was leaning towards "pain in the ass".

"I'm not gonna reduce myself to that just ta' save a few coin." Joana snarked, her annoyance finally getting the best of her tongue.
She glanced over the two during their exchange, sensing an underlying meaning to their conversation, but she disregarded it as being over analytically and continued on with her conversation with Trin.
"Nice to meet you, Trin." She nodded in affirmation. Her posture somewhat lacking and her current state deteriorating.

After watching Zanril leave, she stood and stretched; resting her back against a nearby wall.
Most of the guests had already packed in for the night, except for a few. Her eyes looked over them before fixating on one in particular; A dark skinned fellow with braids.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
"We'll see, mister lurky," Trin said to the man, snatching the coin out of the air. She bit it, making sure it was authentic, then winked up at the man.

"Percentage's aren't necessary," she said, pocketing the coin nonethless, "I operate on favors more than coins. But I'll keep an ear out for you." She gave a mini-salute as he thumped off to bed.

"'S not reducing yourself," Trin responded to Joana's earlier statement, "It's using yer assets. You ever had to make your own way in a city, little miss Joana? Pride doesn't fill your stomach very well. Tastes way too fluffy." Trin dropped the other three legs of her chair to the floor with a loud 'thud.' She glanced at the plate that was left by the large man, that still had some meat on it. Trin leaned over, and pulled the plate toward herself, and started eating the food, completely unabashed.

"So," she said around the mouthful of food, "What're you lookin' for in the city?" Trin noticed that Joana was staring at one of the other patrons.

"Even if he can't tell if you're staring, it's still rude," Trin said, spraying small bits of meat as she spoke, "He's some sort of bard, blind though. We had to entertain together at one point, two days ago. Not very talkative."

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Trin had a point, but Joana still didn't like the idea. She had grown up around some rough parts of the city, and admittedly, her pride did get in the way at times; But she still managed to get by without resorting to that.

"I suppose." She said with a bit of aloofness; her eyes now transfixed on the man across the room. It wasn't until Trin pointed it out that Joana even realized she'd been staring.

"Not very talkative eh?" Her eyes still fixed, almost as if she was trying to spite Trin's words. Joana felt somewhat compelled to approach the stranger, but shrugged it off and decided it was best to pack in for the night.
She let out a deep sigh, before turning to Trin for a final exchange.
"Probably ought to be heading to bed I suppose, not much else can be done. Be seeing you around I guess?"

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote        
"Yea. A quality that apparently I sorely lack," Trin muttered. "In my line of work, being shy doesn't exactly pay. But, with that big instrument of his, people generally just ask 'hey, can you play something?' and then hey presto! Money. Not that I'm complaining." Trin swallowed the last of the meat that she'd taken.

"I might see you in the mornin'," she said, "Or maybe on the road, depending on when we each set off. And I'll be staying in the city, so you can always look for me there, if you feel like getting your future told." Trin gave Joanna rogueish smile, and flashed a card under the girl's nose, before winking.

"G'night, little miss Joana. Hey! Barkeep! Gimme another pint!"

Trin stayed up for a while, hours after Joana went to sleep, plying her trade and having fun. When most of the other inn-goers trundled off to bed, Trin decided to follow them. She chugged the last of her ale, settled her bill, then walked off to her room.

There was a large body in her bed.

"What the..." Trin muttered, "I had my own room, didn't I?" She sniffed the fat man, and wasn't surprised to smell copious amounts of alcohol.

"Right then, fatso," she grumbled, placing her boot on the intruder's ample stomach, "Off you go. My bed." She shoved the man off, and he fell to the floor with a thud. Trin noticed a small pile of sick on her pillow and grimaced.

"Screw it. If you can get up, the bed's all yours. I'm sleeping in the stable."

Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote        
Harsh light drowned his face in warmth, and Zanril groaned a bit at the impending morning and journey. Opening his eyes, he let out a few small curses and got his lazy ass out of the nice, warm bed.

Still a job to be done, still things to do, people to steal from, and ale to drink.

What a life.

He dressed himself after washing his face and hair, and walked back down to the eating area. But seeing as the innkeeper wasn't around, he decided to head out and find some food elsewhere. Maybe find a horse he could use to get to the city he needed to be at before long.

A beautiful day, lots of snow, not too warm to melt it but warm enough to feel nice. Walking into the stable, he found a body lying in the hay before he found anything else.

"Ah, little trickster, what are you doing here?" He wondered. Then, with hands light as a feather, he pulled her coin purse and smiled. But seeing her sleeping, he smiled even bigger at the new idea in his head.

Untying the pouch, he slowly began to pour the coins onto her face as gently as he could and said "Thank you, mighty warrior, let us shower you in gifts and gold and women! For your might knows no bounds!"