Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ecco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
....dude... that first one... omg D: I would feel so bad. But I would be more annoyed that nobody told me about it before meeting the guy, really. I generally think that's the sort of thing you should warn people about so that nothing that awkward ends up happening .__.;;

number 2 tho... lmao XD oh, i can relate to those moments...

New awkward moment for me? A couple days ago, the doorbell rings. I go answer and it's a lady from a charity. She asks if Mr Lewin is home.

Me: no, sorry, he's at work right now
Her: oh, ok. are you his wife?
Me: ....no. I'm his daughter.

-________- WAY TO MAKE A GIRL FEEL FREAKIN OLD, MAN. My boyfriend was in the house at the time and everything and i was just like SKFJHSLFJSF thanks for the GREAT confidence boost, lady. *sulks*

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Haha! That was just funny! Makes me think of when my mother went on a cruise down the Nile in Egypt, and my younger brother went with her (he looks nothing like our mom). And people aboard the ship didn't like my mom at the beginning because they thought that my brother (age 21) was my mother's (age 59) boyfriend. Hahaha! But she gave them the simple explanation in the end. Smile
ecco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
hahaha oh my! they thought she was a cougar! XD

my boyfriend had a story like that. he was out for a meal with his family and the waiter assumed his dad was dating his older sister, so his dad says "actually, she's my daughter"

the waiter got all flustered and said "oh, so this if your wife?" gesturing at their mum. his dad is just like "no... she's my ex"

XD they have a complicated but lovely family, ahaha. i wish waiters etc would just not make such embarrassing assumptions Neutral

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
People assume a lot of things, don't they? Why not leave the options open and let the answers reveal themselves? Smile

Continuing on the awkwardness...
When I lived in the capital I had a friend who had a nasty habit.
If we had been downtown and we're heading back home on the subway and my friend got bored, he began with a silly game.
(First of all, let me explain that on the subway here the seats are in groups of four, that is two seats facing two other seats, and me and my mate allways sat opposite to each other, not beside each other, so that we could talk without turning our heads...)
Anyways, what he did was to describe the person next to me, if there was any, in the following way:
"I'm so hungry that I could eat an old man, with a green jacket and blue-white striped shirt. And if he had a pair of blue jeans, that would be nice too, and a red beanie..."
And he would keep on talking like that, describing the person next to me, and how he would like to eat that person. Haha.
Strangest thing, no-one ever said anything, but I was just sitting there, waiting for a reaction, not knowing weither to laugh or cry!
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote        
I cannot even imagine seeing something like this. I would totally freak out if my husband ever did show me a tape like that. -shudders- Ugh.

Umm, I have something along the same lines though. There was a sex store that opened up in my home town a while ago. I wasn't even in high school at the time, but they did have a pretty dress in there. It wasn't sexual or anything, and it was displayed in the window. It was nice dark red velvet and I wanted it so bad.

Now, I have never been in that store. It closed way before I could have legally entered and the owners were careful to make sure that kids stood out under the over hanging, even when there was a torrential down pour. We couldn't see anything sexual from that vantage point, so that was very awesome of him in my opinion.

Now, the awkward part comes in. My brother evidently went to that store, likely with his girlfriend at the time. Now, I have known that I have a doppelganger running around my home town for some time. This girl evidently was in the store, so my brother accused me of being there when he got home. She said something about wanting to get something for her boyfriend. That was hilarious because I had never even been on a date, nor did I have a boyfriend at the time.

I think he finally believed me when I said that I had no idea what he was talking about. I knew another, slightly older girl, that had similar hair style and color so I thought it might of been her. As I said, it's not the first time someone had seen a girl that looked like me so I had been trying to figure out who it could have been. It doesn't matter now, but it's still awkward to have your brother accuse you of being in a sex store, especially because I was under age.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote        
oh wow XD I can imagine that would be very awkward and also quite frustrating x.x

on the other hand... i once went into a sex store in london with a couple friends and was promptly run up to by the manager and asked to show ID cos she thought i WAS underage when I in fact, wasnt... lol. being short and having dimples seems to be enough to make people think you're a younger teen even as an adult..

Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
I imagine that was pretty awkward too. Still, you'll love that as you age. It's always nice to have someone think you are younger then you really are. At least in my opinion it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote        
A friend of mine told me about the most awkward moment in his life, which ruined a friendship. This is a really classical case, but he actually randomly met a couple which he knew and hadn't seen for a long time. So after som chit-chat, he casually asks the wife: "So when are you having the baby?" And she was not pregnant...
Kira Bella

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote        
NO. NO I HAVE NOT.

Favorite part of that story right there. xD

Anyway, things like this have happened to me only a few times, and I always freak out just a little. Like, "Omg that girl looks just LIKE me... Weird.. Ew, just thought of her/me having sex.."

Like, one of my ex's is dating a girl that I swear to you, looks like an older version of me. Everyone that we used to know, thinks I just got really fat, until they realize that, NO he isn't still with me. I didn't get fat or get shorter. xD

BUT ANYWAY....

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
ecco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote        
Athilea; haha yea, usually it's a blessing XD buuut it also means i feel a ton worse when someone assumes i'm older than i am, because i'm so used to people assuming i'm so much younger than i am lol T.T the worst was when my brother got ID'd at a restaurant and I didn't. He's older than me *sob*

Elrakis; KDHSKDHSOMG. I would be so embarrassed! i mean, my face would be red for such a long time. Insulting someone by accident like that is the worst x.x;;;;

Kira; XDDD wow, weird! Nothing like that one has ever happened to me.. I wonder if anyone ever accidentally says your name when they talk to her (or your ex)? lol

Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Oh gosh I couldn't imagine that Ecco. o.O Why in the world wouldn't they card you? They should be carding everyone, honestly. That being said, I wasn't carded when we drank at the hotel we were staying at on Monday. My husband said that it was likely because we were a group of people talking about management stuff, which would be out of place for kids. Of course, they were doing the talking while I was sitting there looking pretty for the most part.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote        
Talking about to card, reminds me of a situation that wasn't really awkward, but rather pissed me off.

In my country all alcohol (except for that sold in resturants and bars) is sold at a government owned chain of stores (the government has monopoly on vending liquor, yes). Anyway, in my town, when I go there to buy some beer or so, I allways pick the same cashier. Heck, he's even the same guy I ask about liquor-related advice and place my special orders with. Basically, he's the only person I've ever talked to there, and he also lives as a neighbour to a colleague of mine. That said, he knows me, he knows my face, he knows who I am. And when I go there, I allways show them my ID even before they ask. But this one time I went there with my brother, because he needed someone to help him carry to crates of beer. Thing is, I didn't have an ID with me, but I figured that since I'm not going to pay for and that I'm only there to help him carry, there won't be no problem. But to be on the safe side, we stood in the queue to my favourite cashier, my "buddy". And when we get there, he asks for my ID, me, who only stands in the background. I explain to him that I've got none with me and that I'm only there to carry. to help my brother. But he doesn't care and won't sell anything to my brother. So I got mad, and so did my brother, and after that I've got a new favourite cashier: a new indian girl which I was in school with, so she knows I'm old enough, because we're born the same year. And I do everything I can to avoid "the dude".
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote        
I was recently asked when I'm going to marry a girl I broke up with in January... My aunt got me mixed up with a cousin... I think...
I've never been in a sex store.
One time that angered me though is that there was a bar that I frequently and I was never carded. I had a friend, who I brought to karaoke, who I knew was underage. I just figured that they only carded for drinks. Well, after about 20 minutes there, when we are just about to be called up to the stage to sing, they decide to card us. Since my friend wasn't allowed to stay, we all left. Later, I found out the bar was also, unrelated to the incident, a tad racist. Never went back to the bar after I found that out.

ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote        
ugh yea i hate that. some places are like that here, too. The worst is the chain of pubs called Wetherspoons. Nice place, but the one in my town is ridiculous when it comes to ID'ing people. Once I got ID'd at the door, then at the bar to order a drink, then again when someone else I was with went to the bar - they made ALL of us go up and show ID. They're extremely paranoid about serving someone underage, I guess.

buuuut underage drinking is a huge problem in the UK, so i guess that's kinda why .__.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote        
Maybe you local Wetherspoons have had the authorities breathing down their neck. That usually makes places stiff and paranoid.

Is 18 the limit in the UK?