Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Battlegrounds
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Bestiary Anyone?
Shiloh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
Hi errybody!
I noticed that there is already somewhat of an incomplete bestiary in this forum already (here), however, it fails to mention which zones in which the monsters are located, and some of them don't have a level included (or do they level with you sometimes??) with their information. Also I don't think anyone has posted in it for a couple of years...
I think it would be useful to have more info readily available, especially for newer people who have no idea where to look for what.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to make a complete as possible bestiary with as much information on each monster as possible.
So I suppose that means either starting a new bestiary or adding to the old one.
Yes?
Interest?
Help me on my quest?
Meow?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
Ugh...
*headdesk* Duh
I was supposed to work on that... never happened though, for various reasons orz

But since I have some free time now, I'll try to set something up asap. ^^
In the meantime, any suggestion of what you'd like to see?
I was thinking a classical "picture with stats beside it" kinda thing, monsters being separated by level (one level, or group of levels, per post), with an index at the beginning so people can quickly find what they are looking for. Or something like that.
Obviously, I don't have much stats on monsters, and I think it could be interesting if it required the participation of, well, you guys, to add whatever information you can find.

Hm, yeah...
*goes away to start some setup thingy*

Edit: Well, it went faster than I thought. The bestiary is now open here!
But it needs info, so go find some! Jab
Hai

Shiloh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay this is going to be awesome!!! I miiight be kind of a nut about making lists and stuff like that. Just wondering what the protocol is for using the info that's on the old page. A lot of it's probably going to be just taking that info and filling in the blanks yeah?\
Anyway it looks great and I will be spamming that page with info Bouncy Heart

Also wondering if there are any plans to do something similar with a class guide?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote        
Hm, I dunno how accurate the info in the old bestiary are, so I'll need to check that. I'm pretty sure some monsters in there are no longer around. So yeah, I'll check that tomorrow and see what we can use.

*goes to check the class guide before speaking*
Dunno what we can do with it. I guess it could be rebuilt if needed... or just stickied so people can find it easily? Maybe...

I'm gonna lock this now, since it's pretty much resolved. We can take the conversation about the bestiary to, well, the bestiary, I guess. Wink

Ugh, I need sleep...