Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2
hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote        
I've looked up some online ones a little bit but not come up with much.

But most of the time my dreams have very blood, gory and violent ends. If not then it ends in a comical, yet still very violent manner. One I had a month or so ago, a semi-popular Youtube personality split the world in half with a rainbow beem shot from an electric guitar....

A lot of my dreams are WAY far out ther on the crazy scale.
Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote        
Do you mean like "Triple dose of LSD"-far out?

Do you watch or in any other way get in touch with much violence? Or do you have any trauma related to violence and/or gore? (I feel like an official health declaration now... Neutral )
hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote        
Yea, like that. Hai

Hmmm, I watch anime but I don't watch all that many that are THAT gory. I don't hate gore, it's just not something I like watching. Duh

Other then that, I got banged up a lot when I was younger.
A cat tore my arm up, fell threw the set of a plastic lawn chair (I was standing on it), slid down a hill on my knees and inbeded gravile in them, Fell on a cup and blooded my knee, kicked a vacuum cleaner and cracked my toe nail down the middle, fell threw a trampoline, inbeded a fragment of a trampoline spring in my leg, tripped and busted open my chin on a padlock.
Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
Ouch! You must look like Frankenstein's monster now! (Just kiddin') Smile

Are these painful memories you remember well or feel have affected your life in any way?
hiei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote        
Not really.
The worst was when the doctor told me they may have to take my toe nail off (ended up they didn't need too), I cryed just thinking about it and it freaked me out for a long time.
It more disturbs me that I was always hurt in some way when I was a child.

The most traumatic anything I've had was falling off a later while painting (I was 15) and my two panic attacks, those 3 hit me really badly.
Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote        
I'm not an expert, not even an apprentice, but I reckon that the gore in your dreams must have some special meaning, and my guess was that it could relate to something similar in real life. But then again... symbolism in dreams can be faaar out! I've taken the liberty search and copy-paste the explanations for the words blood, death and violence from the site dreammoods.com. Rather interesting symbolism...

Quote:
Blood

To see blood in your dream represents life, love, and passion as well as disappointments. If you see the word "blood" written in your dream, then it may refer to some situation in your life that is permanent and cannot be changed. If something else is written in blood, then it represents the energy you have put into a project. You have invested so much effort into something that you are not willing to give it up. If you dream of blood on the walls, then it is a warning of sorts. There is a situation that you need to confront. You can not avoid it any longer. More specifically, if blood is on the bathroom walls, then it indicates that the situation that you need to confront is an extremely emotional one.

To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained. It may also denote bitter confrontations between you and your friends. Your past actions has come back to haunt you. Women often dream of blood or of someone bleeding, shortly before or during their periods or while they are pregnant.

To dream that others are bleeding signifies an emotional cry for help.

To dream that you are drinking blood indicates that you have a fresh burst of vitality and power.

To dream that you are giving or donating blood suggests that you are feeling physically drained due to stress. If blood is squirting everywhere, then the dream implies that you are experiencing some deep emotional stress. You are literally bursting.

Quote:
Death

To dream about the death of a loved one suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what you like about them. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, the dream indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life anymore. In particular, to dream about the death of your living parents indicates that you are undergoing a significant change in your waking life. Your relationship with your parents has evolved into a new realm. If you dream about the death of a child, then it implies that you need to let go of your immaturity and start being more serious.

To dream that you are faking your own death suggests that you are looking for a new start. You need some change in your life.

To dream that you die in your dream symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or your life. You are undergoing a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Although such a dream may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm as it is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation. You are desperately trying to escape from the demands of your daily life.

To see someone dying in your dream signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person. If you see a stranger die in your dream, then it implies that you are feeling detached from the changes that are happening around you.

To smell death in your dream refers to a situation that has long been dead. It is time to stop dwelling on the past and move on.

Quote:
Violence

To see violence in your dream indicates unexpressed anger or rage. You need more discipline in your life. If you enjoy the violence, then it points to your aggressive or sadomasochistic tendencies. The dream may also reflect repressed memories of child abuse. In particular, to dream that the violence is directed to yourself represents self punishment and guilt. You may be feeling helpless or vulnerable in some area of your life. Violence toward others in your dream suggests that you may be fighting or struggling against aspects of your own Self.

Sorry for the enormous post, I just had to! :/
hiei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote        
Ah! I see that helped me a bit.
I kinda get it now I think.
Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote        
Really? Do you mind sharing your conclusion? Smile
TemaPup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote        
I've been through a lot in my life, to be blunt. I've begun to relive my life over and over. My most recurring theme: my siblings.

I care for my siblings with tooth and nail. I'm the 4th of 8 kids, two of whom were adopted. Ashi, Tyler, and Nikole, my three older siblings, do the same. I'm the gutsiest, though. I never have anything to lose. Ashi is military, Tyler is married, and my twin, Nikole, is in training for the military.

Recently, all my dreams are about my siblings dying. Ashi out in Korea, Tyler...accidents. Nikole being hurt at school or getting sick again and me not being there. Suicide. Ian getting hurt as he always does...Amber, who possibly has cancer. Micheal, with his respiratory issues.

A very recent nightmare was several peers and community members and myself were all in a room, white, sterile. There were ballistics shields on one side of the room, and tortured, dead, corpses on the other side of it. I watched people I knew while the rapist who destroyed my twin and my lives killed them, tortured them. All for snapping, trying to fight back, trying to save people. My brother Ian, as always, got snippy and provoked the man. The dream ended with me staring at his face. He looked so brave, but fear was in his eyes...

I clawed into my arm until it bled that day.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote        
I've never had dreams quite that violent, even though I myself can be. The only recurring dream I've ever had started when I was about eight and finally stopped when I was 10-11, something like that. The timings mean that I can hazard a very good guess as to what that recurring dream meant, although it was kind of a follow on from my life in general at the time.

The backstory is that throughout my final 3 years at primary school, I was being very visiously bullied. Dreadfully so, and the teachers refused to believe that bullying of any kind actually happened at that school. This caused me to have some really bad temper tantrums at home, sometimes hyperventilating, once causing a neighbor to call the police round because I was screaming over not getting a frozen Frube.

The nightmare itself involved yet another tantrum/argument between me and Mum. I don't really know what we were shouting about, but it ended with me deciding to drive myself to school (despite being underage and school being the source of the problem). I'd hop into the car and drive off, somehow, except on the wrong side of the road. On a certain stretch, another car would come hurtling towards me...and that's when the dream would stop, either because of being woken up or just because.

It was probably indicative of how the tantrums and not admitting the bullying problem was destroying me, but it stopped when everything came out and I was eventually taken out and homeschooled until secondary school.
Mock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote        
I never remember the dreams I have at night; I do my dreaming when I'm awake. Sometimes I do get nightmares that involve falling, but I always forget them as soon as I wake up. Then I go back to sleep.

Heh, I feel like an impostor on here, but I do a lot of daydreaming, due to the large amounts of fiction I absorb daily. I've considered writing fanfiction, but I've got nothing solid. I might write a book later, but for now I'll just focus on Music.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
I've had a few themes in common with some of you too - tornadoes, excessive gore, dark green dense forests. i seem to have a 'shopping mall' backdrop cropping up alot too which gets pretty surreal. also airports, train stations. zombies, nuclear explosions. lately though i've begun to have considerable physical sensation during dreams, i'm beginning to feel actual physical pain. i'm attributing this to biofeedback. lately as well every time i try to find an exit or a door i end up with endless maze-like corridors and looping back to start points, it's most infuriating.

this dream i had a week or so ago and has been on my mind:

"Shopping mall, with many levels like a tower. I am a ravenous zombie, I am accompanied by 3, maybe four others like me. (can't remember too many events, there is blood) near the top of our ascension of the levels i am required to sacrifice myself to their hunger. i beg that it be painless, the female amongst us provides a syringe of (sodium penethol? or some other sleep inducing numbing agent?) and injects me (ouch). slowly i loose consciousness but not enough, i am aware of the beginnings of her consuming me headfirst. the act causes me physical pain (my head + sides). (haze of memory) then i am complete and awake again, but still zombie. i tell her if i am to be eaten i am happy that it is her. they inject me again for a second sacrificial consumption but i have built a tolerance to the drug, i don't fall asleep or become fully numb, the others become upset that we cannot finish the task. (memory haze) i wake up."

i actually consider this a good sign. i've been using kundalini awakening as a process to heal myself of anxiety and depression (and it's working). this is a sign that my attempts at shamanic death and rebirth are working, if still unfinished,

dreams since then have been fairly mundane while i have been automatic writing in an attempt to enter a waking dream state during the day. it's like my mind has nothing special to tell me while i'm directly interfacing with it whilst awake.
fickle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
i have dreams of my teeth falling out. i was curious to know what it meant and explanations i found online where freggin retarded, it didnt make any sense. i dont remember what it said but it didnt have anything to do with my dental hygene. i notice that when i have dreams like that, my gums are itchy, i thought that feeling was leaking into my dreams. anyways, i started taking better care of my teeth and i didnt have dreams of my teeth falling out anymore, instead i had dreams of them falling out and putting them back in.

also, just last night i had a dream of blood falling from one point in the ceiling into my direction, i backed all the way to the wall and felt really guilty for some reason lol! i got my period that night.

idk if my dreams and reality have any connection but hey i think it's very likely.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote        
This an interesting topic, but I cannot think of anything to say at the moment. Oh, wait how about the following? A good deal of my dreams have a certain group of people I knew in High school in them, so many of them are implied to be me in high school or some modified version of it.