Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote        
Lately I've noticed that I have a strange recurring theme in my dreams, and I can actually pinpoint it to an exact setting: My old house.

These themes seem to revolve around the past, but it's not a peaceful reminiscence; it's dwelling. It's remembering difficult things, and in particular, restrained feelings.

It's hard to explain... The mind is naturally abstract, and dreams have a tendency of throwing even the most literal, practical things into a complex symbol. But The feelings that I get from these dreams tell me that I'm somehow feeling bound to my past - or by my past. They give me a feeling of futility, but I'm not entirely sure if this is the full meaning. Normally I can pinpoint these things with ease, but with this set of dreams in particular, it feels as if I'm always missing something.

Share your recent dreams or recurring dreams. What's going on in your head? Do you understand what your unconscious mind is trying to tell you, or are you struggling with it like I am?

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
As a child I had reoccurring dreams about behind left behind by my family when a tornado came to what was our house (that didn't actually exist), as well as when a hurricane came to our apartment. Turns out the hurricane dream was based off a real event where we had to evacuate because of hurricane Fran (we lived nearby the beach), and I stood by the doorway holding my doll and blanket and didn't move. Although those finally stopped.

What's happening now is a reoccurring dream that's actually quite painful. I dream of myself in multiple circumstances, but in them one thing is similar, my teeth. They are constantly pushing down like I'm biting with all my force, and causes me pain. In my dreams i chip my teeth sometimes, but it continues. I have to hold my mouth apart with my hands or stick m hand in my mouth to stop the pain. I still am not fully sure what this is meant to represent, I've interpreted it a couple of ways.

And the last one is simply a dream in which i constantly lose my teeth; they fall out and new ones grow back in thier place. I was tlaking with my mom about it, and she made me realize that my mind was trying to tell me that there was something I really needed to say, but I was feeling held back, like I couldn't. I dont remember what i was holding back, but i managed to finally get it out. I haven't had that dream about teeth in a while!

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 am Reply with quote        
Wow, that's terrible. It reminds me of a recurring dream that I had as a child. It was simply of a woman being abused in various ways. She was in a tiny shack in the middle of nowhere, and a storm was always either beginning or in full blow outside. It was only later in life that I recovered some memories of watching my mom - who looked like that woman when she was younger - being abused by some men in her life, including my dad. It's a little more vague than yours though...

When I think of someone clamping their mouth shut I think of them repressing some sort of feeling or pain. I also think of great stress. I've had dreams about my teeth falling out or chipping before, too. Don't remember what caused them though.

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
i think dreams about teeth falling out and other related tooth-things are actually pretty common! Though what they are supposed to mean, i don't recall.

I have utterly bizarre dreams, when i even remember them. almost all of my dreams are negative (as in, nightmares) but oddly, some of them i've come to enjoy. the difference for me is wether its a dream where it's obviously a dream, or wether its a dream that feels just a little too real. and then it is really a nightmare - and actually scary. I had a nightmare recently in which my dad died - i dont remember how or anything else, i just remember that he died, and i awoke feeling absolutely awful and terrified.

That one is very easy to translate the meaning of - every time i've been in counselling, my relationship with my dad comes up. as a child i was "daddy's little girl" - we spent a lot of time together and had a very close relationship. when my little sister came along, and then as i hit adolescence, that changed... dramatically XD our relationship became very strained, we argued a lot and barely spoke. we get along better now but its still nothing like it was before.

the nightmare is the manifestation of my fear that my father will pass away without my ever expressing to him how much i love him. we are not the sort of family to hug a lot and constantly express our fondness, so it's hard to do so for me.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote        
My dreams almost always involve people trying to kill me, or at least being chased for something.
Sometimes they actually do kill me, sometimes I turn around and kill them...

I don't know what it means though, but it's been happening since I was like... 10-12?

They tend to be quite weird too... Like sometimes I have superpowers so I'm trying to help people but they still hate me.

In my dream last night I could stay invisible, but only for five seconds at a time, and only by clicking my tongue.. Someone was trying to kill me, as usual, and I was in some foreign, warm country, near the beach.. Trying to find a hotel to hide in but I couldn't.

So there I am, running around some country I don't know in the night, clicking my tongue constantly. Oh yeah, and at some point I needed to pass someones test, I don't know why, but every time I got a question wrong I had to touch this electrified bar, but for some reason I had the power to change my hands into rubber so it didn't hurt.. But every time I did my hands got more misshapen and I couldn't change them back even when I changed back to normal..

Oh and there was another bit in which for some reason I was working at a radio station with my two sons (I don't have sons irl) but then they decided they'd earn more money without me so they kicked me out my OWN DAMN RADIO STATION... Even if it did look like a library...

I'm just gonna start again. Hi, my name's Kupsy.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote        
My most recurring nightmare is of a tornado coming and ripping the front of the house off, and the rest of it varies. I now have a slight fear of tornadoes, beyond the rational.
I have one element that has been popping in my dreams for the past year or so. It's that I can either defy gravity by not believing in it, sort of. I would kick off the ground. Or I can levitate by focusing, in a similar style to Peach in Super Mario, I think, 4. I would levitate just above the ground. But the kicking off the ground was similar to an early Goku run, like the Snake Road.
No idea what it mean. I've heard that flying typically means something along the lines of freedom.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote        
I don't know how normal this is, but my dreams always have a set "rule" of physics/how the world works. So say if it's a world in which flight is not possible - I cannot fly, just doesn't work no matter how hard I try.
As far as recurring dreams go, I can only think of one thing, which is dreams of being chased. Like I'm part of some rebel group and the government is pursuing us or something and we're on the run. Pretty much all of my dreams involve this to some degree, otherwise it's just random. My dreams are pretty structured like a book however, yet at the same time they're not, and tend to jump all over the place.

Last night however was the strangest dream I've had in a while. I dreamed my house was being haunted by a malevolent spirit, things would be jerked from my hand and it would "attack" me. But this dream also involved the "being chased" aspect; I left the house and was running from some group of mercenaries or something and was shot in the leg... only to wake up later to discover to my horror that I had a needle sticking from my ankle. (it's like those IVs you get in your arm, but it was randomly... in my ankle haha) I was debating whether to jerk it out which is when I finally woke up. So yeah, strange dream.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote        
I had a very weird dream last night, where I was with our dogs and a new shaggy golden lab(think Up), and was petting them a lot, trying to cheer myself up.
This morning I found out that our dog, whose been missing for a month, was dead, in the corner of the yard. Which is better than never knowing what happened to her, but she was one of my favorite dogs.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote        
Once in a while I dream a certain "situation". I meet a stranger, and it's allways a woman, and it's a person I've never seen before nor ever have dreamt about earlier. When we meet, there is love at first sight, and we embrace and kiss, as if we would have known each other forever. But the dream is in no way erotic, it's just pure romance, and it vibrates with a love far superior to any frienship or romantic relationship.

Last time I dreamt such a dream I begged the stranger to follow me home to meet my wife. The strangest thing was that my wife in the dream welcomed her! That specific dream gave me a clue to what those strange women represent...

I also noticed that I have these dreams after a day full of brainstorms, in which I come up with a great idea for my writing or just a solution to a problem. The conclusion is: the strange women represent those big idea(s)/solution(s) that I've had during the past day. The romance is all about me embracing and welcoming this insight, and thus all the joy and the fact that my wife didn't mind me bringing home this lady. Happy
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
That's wonderful. Happy I'm happy to see such a beautiful theme in someone's dreams - and to know that they reached that conclusion on their own. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote        
Actually, the day I figured it out, I thought: "WHAT AN INSIGHT! This is so BIG that I must dream of a strange lady tonight!"

Too bad that I didn't remember what I dreamt that night when I woke up... Sad
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
Aw, that sucks. D: Maybe you did dream of her because you finally cracked the code. xP

A few weeks ago my boyfriend kept having dreams relating to luck - whether he won a giveaway, sweepstakes, lottery, or simply came across something rare. I told him what I thought and he was like, "Lawl, I have the worst luck possible. There's no way that's right." Ever since then, he's been getting a lot of lucky breaks. He's being sponsored for a giveaway on his Youtube channel, he's scored a few voice-over jobs, and a new friend of his is offering to give him a place in a professional Halo tournament sort of thing. Don't fully know the details, but if you ask me, I'd say all of that is pretty lucky. xP

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
In that case, I wish I could crack the code to the following dream, so that it could stop!

When ever I have a fever, for as long as I can remember, even since I was a toddler, I have this same dream, and it's a horrible nightmare. The strangest thing about it is that it takes place in the same room in which I am sleeping and having my fever in at the moment, and I view the "show" from where I keep my head, as if I was sleeping with my eyes open. And this is what happens: the room grows to epic proportions, to the size of the universe, and when it has reached the scientifically maximum size, it stops. From each and every corner comes small small gnomes, rolling cogs. With time there comes more gnomes from nowhere, and the cogs grow bigger and bigger. It doesn't sound like a nightmare, I know, but the whole dream is smothered by a terrible sensation and atmosphere of suffocation, paralyze and dread - ultimate anxiety and terror. And as the dream progresses, the gnomes become greater in numbers and to cogs grow larger and larger, untill this infinite room reaches it's highest capacity of what it can contain. And in the dream, when this critical mass is about to get reached, there is a loud horrible shrieking noise of chaos. And as the whole thing is about to collapse, explode, or what ever it is about to do, I awake, in sweat and fear.

The worst thing about fever is that dream... I never miss it. Sad
What does it mean?!
hiei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
As a child I had a recurring dream of walking threw a dead forest, misty and moon lit horror setting. Then all of the trees come alive; they have red eyes and jag'd teeth. Some of the lims/branches turn into arms with narled, horrendous claws. They start running after me and theres no end, just running forward forever as more and more trees come to life and come after me. If I look back, they grab me and I would then wake up.

After that one stopped, about my teens. I had one where I was escaping a flood by running up the stairs of a high rise building. I was being lead by a small child that, once I was safe, dissapred or if I started to drown, would die as well. That one stoped when I was round 19 years old.

The one I have a lot now is of some sort of giant robot fight. Thers a "good" guy who I at first though was me. Then theres the badie who is pissed as the good guy has saved everything and now his happy, squishy life is at an end. The badie goes nuts, flips his shit and loses his mind. He starts de-ageing(?) into a child and steps on people with the robot's foot, and kill's his wife. He picks up his son and mistakenly crushes him to death. then the badie turns into me and I wake up.

I've no idea what it means, but I wish it would stop.
Its all very gory and violent. don't want.
Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote        
Hiei, reading your stuff makes me think of my dreams. I can not recall a single moment I my dreams in which there is copious amounts of gore or violence. There might be a slight moment of violence, but never a gore-fiesta! Hmm... I guess all the meatiness in your dreams must mean something. Ever tried reading a dream dictionary?