Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote        
After months of looking I actually got myself a job, even though I'm still physically unwell I'm able to do it..

Just wondering how everyone feels when starting a new job?
My body is so worn...muscles are aching nonstop...specially my poor hands..
I just can' wait for my first pay check..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote        
Glad you found a job, and I hope you'll feel better soon ^^

The only jobs I got were with family members/business. So I was kinda stressed when I started, since there was a bunch of stuff to learn and it was all very important (helping with income taxes = not a good time to make mistakes), but obviously it's not as bad as starting in a place where you don't know anyone.

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
I'm worried about my summer job, I'm going to be working at my neighbor's shop and I've worked with her before but I"m really afraid of screwing up and pissing her off... she's got a temper xD

Not to mention the fact that I feel like I"m limiting her because a lot of her money is earn from coffer/cappuccinos and martinis, neither of which I'm allowed to touch because of my age. Apparently I can't be trusted to make a cappuccino.

::Shop::
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote        
Congrats Branny! I'm glad you were able to find a job. Those are hard to come by, so it's good that you managed to get one. Smile

Sorry though, that you've not felt good... but maybe this will help you start feeling better? As backwards as that may sound. And that first paycheck will definitely be worth it.
As far as a job goes, I've only ever had one. I worked a concession stand for a company my sister worked for. It was some event at a park, so I got to serve snow cones and watch the movie they were showing. It was only for one night though, so I can't say too much on this subject. XD
I do plan on getting a real one soon, not entirely sure how to go about that though...

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Thelogicalsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote        
Congrats on finding a job bud, I know it's a bit late.

But me personally, I got tired of doing jobs, the constant nagging boss, the people getting on my nerves, the constant urge to murder everything in a five mile radius.

I started my own business, and I am my boss now.

In hindsight, best thing I've done, and the worst. At least at the moment. I've been horrendous with my motivation recently, and full of fukkits.

I'll get it done tho, can't have my bills not paid. Happy
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
About to apply to some places, but I'm also debating on starting a service-based company. You've probably heard my idea before.