Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Lollipop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote        
Here's a story that I started and haven't finished writing yet:

His heart thudded wildly in his chest as he approached the large wooden door. The wood was worn and rotting in places, but that only added to the ominous feeling that surrounded the old manor. He hesitated for a moment before grabbing onto the door handle. If he backed down now then his friends would never let him live it down. He had to do this. With a gulp he tugged at the door. For a second the door didn't budge and he thought in vain that it might be locked, but his hopes died when it began to slowly creak open. There was no turning back now. He took a single deep breath before stepping through the darkened doorway.

Once inside he fumbled with his flashlight as he made his way across the front room. Eventually he managed to get his hands to stop trembling long enough to turn the flashlight on. He swung it around as he took in his surroundings. The room was coated in dust and almost bare except for some old furniture draped in white sheets. In the middle of the room there was a staircase that led up to the second floor hallway. He continued to wave his flashlight around him as he slowly approached the stairs. When he stepped onto the first stair it creaked loudly and he jumped in surprise. After calming himself he continued to creep up the stairs. Once he reached the top he could hear the sound of voices coming from one of the rooms.
Lollipop

Other writings:

Beginning of Luna's Story:

I had that dream again, the one about her. Her mouth opened and formed words that I couldn't hear, but I knew them anyway. They're etched into my mind. They've been there for years. Even though she's gone she haunts me still. It doesn't matter though. She was weak and she let herself be shattered like the most fragile of glass. I will never be that frail, that weak. I will never let anyone break me. No one can get close enough anyway.

I really don't have time to think about these things though. The singing competition starts tomorrow and I need to go back to sleep if I want to be at my best. Then again, even if I was at my worst I'd still win. I'm confident of that.

Random little thing I wrote:

The roads dash from side to side as they curve wildly around the hills. The hills rise up in every direction and dip up and down constantly as you drive past. You can catch glimpses of houses through the trees every now and then, but only if you're looking for them. Sometimes there will even be a break in the trees where a house or garden sits, but the forest quickly appears again just as thick as ever.
Lollipop

And open for posting~