Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote        

...is *closed* Check MGRP - OTB OoC for Updates!

--------------------------
RP Introduction:

This is a spin-off of the Magical Girl RP. This RP is intended to take place in the same timeline as the other thread, but in a different city, and with a slightly darker atmosphere.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote        

1. Follow Midorea's Rules.
2. This RP is advanced and literate. All posts must be past tense. Please post at least a paragraph. Also grammar is a must. And spelling. I'll try to supress my English major nonsense as much as possible, as this is an informal setting, but please read this handy guide concerning spelling and getting words confused: Spelling! (say it with a lisp, it makes it funnier). Note that is meant to be funny, not offensive. I make these mistakes too.
3. To quote Keanu Reeves, "Be excellent to each other." Since most of the characters are aged 13-18, I expect a little schoolyard bullying, which is fine. But no drama here, or in the OoC thread.
4. As of right now, there will be no posting limit.
But if the other thread serves as any precedent, it's really easy to get left behind if you aren't keeping up. If you go missing for awhile, I might PM you, and see what's going on and if we can figure it out. If it happens that you can't make it as often as you thought, I'll put you in a smaller role, or have you help out in the OoC thread.
5. If you have an idea for your character that involves another player's character, please PM them about it first, or if you aren't sure about whether or not the idea would work, PM me about it. But don't insert your character into another player's plot line without asking first, it's impolite.
6. I've picked up some good experience running the other thread, but this is still only my second one, and seeing as it's a spin-off, expect some changes (to plot, mechanics, or otherwise). As always, I'm very open to any suggestions or help you are willing to offer! Just post them here.

Please visit the OoC thread BEFORE your intro post! Much of the information concerning the setting is given there, as are many of the answers to any questions you may have. If you look at the OoC thread and still have a question, either post it there or PM me.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote        

Here is the form to fill out for your character. PM it to me, and I'll approve it for the RP, and post it in the OOc thread. Each player may have ONE Magical Being, and up to two NPCs.
Also, in terms of age, normally, I'd prefer if brand new Magical Being ages didn't go below 13, and not past 17. but given the setting, and the fact that many of the players are returning players, I'll be more lax on age, so not below 14, and not above 24. Any other questions concerning character creation that you're unsure about, PM me before you make the character. Wouldn't want you to put in a whole bunch of work and then not be able to use him/her.

*Note about submissions! When you submit your profile to me, please send the code version. Just makes it easier for me to copy-paste everything when I don't have to go through and re-bold and italicize everything. Also gets your profiles posted quicker.

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] ((Character's name))
[b]Age:[/b] ((His/her age))
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b] ((How Tall))
[b]Weight:[/b] ((How heavy))
[b]Skills:[/b] ((What skill your character plans to take: Physical, Mental, or Social))
[b]Element:[/b]  ((Chosen after skills training))
[b]Attacks:**[/b]
[b]Transformation Trinket:[/b] Will be given to you upon completion of skills training.
[b]Alignment:[/b] ((Vilos or Misus or unaligned. The last one is meant for normal people your girl interacts with during everyday life. friends, family, teachers, other students, etc. You may have up to two other characters, but only ONE magical girl))
[b]Physical Description:[/b] ((What does he/she look like))
[b]Mental/Personality Description:[/b] ((How do he/she think, what is his/her personality))
[b]District of Residence[/b] ((Hyacinth or Genepi))
[b]School currently attending:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b] ((His/her history. How and when were they approached? How did they react? How long have they been training? How has this effected his her life?))
[b]Sene:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Magical Messenger:[/b]

As far as where your character should be in terms of progression, given the independent nature of Misus training, it is all right if your characters are slightly experienced, and have a couple of attacks. There are no real "Senes" to speak of for the Misus agents either, but the closest equivalent would be Nephytis' protege, Martha, or Nephytis herself. That being said, do not ask to be a Misus Sene, I will tell you no.

Now, if you want to be a Misus agent that is brand new, that is fine, just let me know ahead of time, and I will work with you and address any questions you might have.

As far as the Vilos are concerned, they are supposed to be outnumbered. I have 2 Misus Magical Beings, the main Villain, her pet, and I know there are a couple players planning to go that route. So as a rule, There should only be half as many Vilos as Misus at any given time, so yes, spots are limited. This rule will change as we get more players and as the plot permits, but for right now, that's how it will be.

So as of 1/3/12, there are only going to be 3 Vilos allowed, and all the spots are currently taken. So I will not be accepting anymore Vilos applications. If you want to play Vilos, you must get your profile in quickly. I will probably limit this RP to 1 Vilos sene, as there are, as of right now, only 2 Vilos that I know of. This may change in the future, but as of right now, we only need one and once that space is filled, that'll be it for now.

As of 4/6/2013, it is revealed that Atraea cannot do math, becasue according to the first rule I set, there's actually one vilos spot left. So that.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote        

Atraea
Nephytis
Martha
Rosie
Agnes
Forsa

Nuklearsamurai
Logan Crosious

Keylaleigh
Leigh Tabor
Samantha "Sami" Green

Moptoperson
Jack

Malverne
Alix Dolliard

KoyiTar
Angelica Guardsmith

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote        

Storm Coming

"...There's truth in the thunder
Love in the lightning
the feeling is frightening
Yeah, isn't it exciting?
"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote        
Black/Graylist

This is for players who have been suspended from the RP. Take care not to get put on it please.

Current Players Greylisted:

Current Players Blacklisted:

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote        
[reserved]

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Atraea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote        
~Monday, October 4th, Chateau d'Reliure, 5:46 p.m.~

The house is large and dark, surrounded by lush green gardens, rose bushes, and gravel pathways, broken only by the cobblestone driveway that circles in front of the house. It stands tall, its menacing steeples piercing the sky. The only thing really missing from this scene is dramatically timed-lightening, but alas, there is only rain. As there has been in Sur la Tenue for the past few weeks. The flooding was getting to be a problem, and while it wasn't raining nonstop, it showed little signs of stopping long term.

Nephytis' aura swirls into being in the foyer. Her skin materializes into being and floats a minute, before floating to the floor, her heels making a soft click on the tile. She sighs, shaking her head at seemingly nothing in particular, and saunters into the kitchen, where Martha is at the table reading.

"Evening Mistress."

Nephytis had grabbed a bottle of scotch, a glass tumbler from the cupboard, and was past the large, arching threshold that separated the space and was halfway into the living room before she realized Martha was even there, alerted by the girl's cool regards. She glanced askance at her, blinking a moment, before sitting down on the couch.

"Martha."

Martha did not look up from her book. "I see the meeting ran a bit late. How did you find him Mistress? Is Malygris' skin going as soft as you suspect?"

Nephytis smirked, pouring but a sliver into the glass, and replacing the cap on the bottle, and setting it in the air, as if it were sitting on an invisible shelf. She waved it away, back to the cabinet from which it came. "Oh absolutely. I feel it. But there is no definite proof there, and if I am to make Forsa notice his shortcomings, I am going to need proof." SHe took a tiny sip. "...somehow." She swirled the liquid in the glass, looking over the back of the couch to her Agent for the first time since she walked in. "Where is Agnes?"

"Her friend's house."

"Since when? It's nearly six. Tell her to come home. And where is Rosie?

"Soccer club meeting. And I already did, she's on her way."

"Oh. Well....good." Nephytis turned back around, facing the blank flatscreen. A few minutes of silence passed before she turned back around. "How is Alix?"

Martha twitched her thin mouth. "...Late. She was due for her weekly report 2 hours ago."

"If you're that concerned, send the car for her."

"You and I both know that's a waste of time Mistress."

"Watch your tone Miss Gray." Nephytis got up, heading toward the stairs that led to the dungeons. "How many today?"

"Spending the night?" Martha yelled from the table, "Four. Mr. Franks called by the way, says he needs to reschedule his session."

Nephytis sighed, rolling her eyes, muttering. "Of course he does. That is fine! Do so in the morning!" The door opened with a heavy creak, dust from the caked rust on the hinges fluttering in the air. "Send for me when Alix arrives please," she said, and headed downstairs, shutting the door behind her, a deadly smile on her lips. "All right Jack. Time to play."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:37 am Reply with quote        
Meanwhile, In Chartreuse Blanc

(Click for background music)

Logan sat behind the front desk of the gym and glanced at the clock for what must have been the 5th time in 20 minutes.

5:50

With a sigh, he leaned forward and propped his head up on his arm. He was stuck on front desk and towel duty for another hour. Smile at all the guys that came, and the women, even though there were noticably less women than men. Say hello,swipe their member cards, hand them a towel, make small talk.

"Still raining?" He'd ask to get things going, and from there he'd have a small conversation with whoever it was. Nothing special, just reminded him that people were people and everyone had other things to say. Smile when they enter, smile when they leave, wave and "Have a nice day."

It was an easy routine, and he'd already done his stint as trainer on the floor today, so he was just waiting to get off to go home.

One more hour...

You could always do that anatomy homework sitting in your bag...

"Buuuhhhhhhh" he groaned and slid down his arm and thumped his forehead onto the counter. He cast a glance at the backpack, laying by his feet.

"Anatomy sucks though" he muttered, "Do I really need to know that much about large muscle groups and bone densities?"

With a sigh he looked at his backpack once more, before sliding it under the counter with his foot. "I'll do it later."

You say that a lot Logan.

"And I do it a lot too. I'll do it later. I'm trying my hardest not to get this song stuck in my head, because if I do, it's game over man. Just... game over."

"You could focus more on Anatomy than that song I bet.

"You're missing the point." he began, but then the door slid open and 2 men in gym pants and muscle shirts swayed through the door.

"Oh hey Logan, you're not on the floor today?" one asked?

Not today Shawn. Front desk for me.

"Aww bummer. You're our favorite." Turning to his parter, he said "Say hello to Logan boy."

"Yes Sir," the other said. "S' good to see you Logan."

You too Eric. Is it still raining out there?" He asked, swiping the cards that Shawn handed him.

"Like bubbles at a Halloween foam party at South Beach." Shawn replied.

Logan laughed and handed their cards back. "You boys have fun" he said with a wink as they went off to the gym. He sank back in his chair and spun idly once or twice before glancing at the clock...

5:57

only one more hour...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:15 am Reply with quote        
Alix was standing outside Tabor's bakery, eating her danish. Tabor's had the best pastries in Sur La Tenue, and Alix always bought something when she passed by. Her weekly report was due about, oh, two hours ago, but Alix's guardian had wanted to try to 'bond' with her. Alix rolled her eyes at the mere memory of it. She glanced down at her watch, and decided to actually get moving. The rain was not going to let up any time soon, and Alix had only delayed because she didn't want to come home wet. Oh well, might as well get this shit over with.

Alix walked through Passiflora, looking at all the people. Alix lived in the extreme southern end of town, and had to walk through the red-light district, past both schools and all the historic buildings in the town just to get to Chartreuse University. The range of people was incredible. There were a few prostitutes standing on street corners and drug dealers subtly selling their wares. They didn't bother Alix as she walked though. The facial piercings and the general attitude of 'I don't give a shit' drove them away. The men handing out flyers outside those historic buildings would take one step toward her, then notice the cold look in her eyes and back off.

Alix passed the college, ignoring the looks from the older students as she trudged through. They were nothing compared to the looks she'd get in Hyacinthe. Alix passed a small group of Hyacinthe Catholic Academy girls as she was walking. They were all huddled under one umbrella, and were staring at Alix, and muttering amongst themselves.

"Oh my gosh-"

"Look at her!"

"What's with her face?"

One of the girls sniffed in Alix's general direction, as if she was made of sewage. Alix momentarily considered following those schoolgirls into a dark alley, transforming, and beheading them but she'd already catch hell from Martha for being late. It wasn't worth the trouble. Instead, Alix allowed herself the luxury of flipping the girls off, and enjoyed the gasps and the mutterings that immediately followed.

Alix just continued walking north, to Hyacinth Hills, and up the hill to Chateau d'Reliure. By the time Alix reached the front door, she was completely soaked from the rain, but she rang the ostentatious doorbell without hesitation. Hopefully it wouldn't be Martha that answered the door. While Martha was, like most of the Misus in Sur La Tenue, very good at what she did, but she was also very annoying.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote        
~Tabor's Bakery, 5:59

After the last regular left with her danish, Leigh busied himself with polishing off the bakery counters. The rain had been cutting their business significantly, so they were closing early for the third day in a row. They had told Andrea to leave a half an hour ago, and Bobby to go home after his deliveries were through. "Hey dad, what're we gonna do with the leftover bread? We have, like, ten loaves."

Jeremy Tabor looked at the racks of unsold products. "What we always do. Donate 'em to the soup kitchens. Better than throwing 'em all out."

Leigh nodded and grabbed a large trash bag to put all the bread in. He would drive them over to the kitchen once they locked up the front. "And everything else too?" He stared at what was left of the danishes, tarts, donuts, and cookies. The pies and cakes kept for a while, so they never had to worry about them. His father nodded, and Leigh got some big boxes to put everything in. Fortunately, the small baked goods sold better than the bread, so he only needed two or so large boxes. "Alright, I'll lock up and then head out to the soup kitchen."

Jeremy smiled. "I don't know what I'd do without you sometimes. I'm gonna go check on your mother. We'll figure out dinner when you get back. Do you have any classes tonight?"

Jeremy bit his lower lip and thought a moment. "Yeah, I have a class at 8, which gives me enough time to eat dinner and run. Now you go check on mom." His father smiled and made his way to the stairs in the back room. Jeremy pulled down the chain link curtain and locked the door behind him. He took the boxes and bags and put them in the back of his car.

Business has been getting a little worse. This is... what? The fourth time you closed early?

"First off, we've only closed early three times, and secondly, it's expected. Most of our patrons get here by walking, and rain kinda makes people not want to go anywhere. Once it gets sunny again, we'll get our customers back."

Leigh dropped off the bag of bread and one box of sweets at the soup kitchen. They would go to good use there. He then drove the other boxes to one of the rehab centers. They always enjoyed the sweets over there. He got thank-yous from both establishments, to which he smiled and nodded.

Now he had to get home, eat dinner, and then get off to class. Busy, busy, busy.

Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote        
Martha's eyes rolled up to the clock on the microwave as the chimes rang throughout the house. "About damn time." She closed her copy of The Bell Jar, and put it in her bag, before heading toward the door. She walked out into the foyer, which was slowly filling with distant yelps of pain from the dungeons downstairs. Martha blinked at the heavy wooden door. "...Of course she left it open. Augh. MISTRESS!! ALIX IS HERE!!"

No answer came.

"oh for the love of..."

"I HEARD YOU DEARIE! GO A HEAD AND START WITHOU--HOLD YOUR TONGUE WHILE I AM SPEAKING WELP!"

By now Martha had opened the door and let Alix in, her index finger to her lips motioning the girl to be quiet while she tried to hear what Nephytis was saying.

There are a series of cracks, snaps, and other unsettling human noises which go quiet after about a minute, the silence punctuated with a disturbingly satisfied groan. The sounds that follow are a series of locks clicking, and heavy boots bounding down a hallway toward the stairs.

Nephytis appeared in the doorway at the top of the stairs, clad in one of her many latex corsets, strapped up the sides with buckles and zippers, her matching thong and bare legs barely covered by a long latex and fishnet skirt. The source of the thumping down the hallway adorned her feet, making her appear nearly 2 feet taller than she actually was. Nephytis seemed more jovial than she had been earlier, as she usually was after a session, and even smiled at little Alix.

"Good evening Ms. Dolliard. You're running a bit late, but that's all right, I just arrived myself to be honest." She looked the girl over. "If your clothes are any indication, I suppose it's safe to say the rain hasn't stopped of its own accord yet. You're soaked to the bone dear!" Nephytis mimed unfolding a large towel, though there was none to be seen, and began drying Alix off, an odd sight, because while there was no physical towel to be seen, Alix's hair went this way and that, and her being began to appear less and less damp. By the time Nephytis was finished, the girl was completely dry. "I know how you get here is ultimately your prerogative, but please allow Martha to send the car next time, it is really no trouble. And Passiflora is a ways from--"

There is a small murmuring of voices from the dungeon downstairs; the occupants seem to have begun a conversation inquiring as to "where the rest of the regulars are?" "Shawn an' Eric are usually here by now...think the rain kept 'em up?" and so on...

Nephytis' voice boomed hollow down the stairs. "I SAID NO TALKING!" When the sounds quieted, but then continued at a quieter decibel, she pursed her lips, and, with a flourish of her arm, willed an assortment of whips, crops, in her hand, and shipyard grade chains over one shoulder.

Martha watched as Nephytis floated down the stairs without a word, the door creaking shut behind her. She hiked an eyebrow at the door, then sighed mouthing "I'm SO sorry," to Alix. She motioned for Alix to follow her to the kitchen table. "Before we start can I offer you a drink? Water, tea, soda, coffee?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote        
Alix stepped into the door as Martha opened it, glad to be out of the rain. It wasn't cold, per se, but the dripping noise so akin to a faucet that Alix noticed as she stood outside would have driven her to anger after a long enough time.

Alix nodded to Nephytis as the woman appeared, not returning the smile. She accepted the toweling silently, knowing that she'd get just as soaked on the long walk back home unless, by some miracle, the rain stopped before she left. She didn't respond to Nephytis' suggestion of taking the car, only shrugging slightly. She didn't want to have to take a car, but you didn't say no to Nephytis. You just...avoided the car when it came for you.

Nephytis disappeared back into the dungeon, and Alix followed Martha into the kitchen. She slipped her sweatshirt off, and hung it on one of the chairs surrounding the kitchen table, noticing the smeared designs on her left arm. Before she'd walked through Sur La Tenue in the rain, ink had decorated her forearm in a detailed design of a curving spikes, but now they looked like something you'd find on a card in a psychologist's office.

"Nothing to drink," Alix said, turning down Martha's offer, "Do you have a paper towel or something? I need to wipe this off." She held up her forearm. There were more noises from below that distracted Alix momentarily.

"She seems to be...having fun," Alix commented, "Did her meeting go well?" Alix didn't know much about the meetings, just because she wasn't living with Nephytis, but she knew Nephytis wanted something important from the meetings. When Nephytis was happy, Alix got to cause more mayhem, and mayhem was good.

moptopperson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
Play. Always play. She didn't even ask questions anymore. Jack supposed that he wasn't exactly holding valuable information. In his short time here, he'd divulged as much of his past as he felt like, which is to say not much at all. Whatever she wanted, whatever she was, this was not going to work. He assumed that SHE was a serial killer of some sort. Why else you buy a person and keep him under lock and key and. . . torment him from time to time? And she seemed to be looking for something in him. Something intangible. At first she commanded and punished if he didn't respond. Along with these "games" she had confused him.

Asking inane questions: what's your name, your age, your people. Suddenly those stopped. One session, Jack had spat on HER. That had changed things. Light, it seemed, was one of his many privileges. Not anymore. He also had his blankets taken away. And it got bitterly cold in this. . . room.

A room with one door, no windows and a severe lack of a doorknob on his side. If he didn't know any better, he'd have thought it was a cell. Which considering that he wasn't allowed out and had frequent "sessions" with the WOMAN. Nefitips or something like that. He hadn't quite caught her name. He sat and stewed in a corner of his little cell, staring at the door.

Next time, Nefitips, he promised, I'll do more than just spit in your face.
All of a sudden, he heard voices. One was his captor. . . the other he couldn't tell much of. Which was usually the case. Always voices and the tell-tale crack of whips. He'd made those same noises before. He pressed against the door in hopes of hearing anything helpful.
It never was. Still, it was something to do rather than wait to hear the locks to click open. After a while he grew annoyed (and mortified) by the sounds and backed himself into the corner.

His lone pillow was his only comfort now. The voices mumbled about regulars. Did people actually. . . come here for that? And PAY for it? Now he felt like a test dummy. Jack didn't like that implication. Not. One. Bit.
Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
Martha was at the cupboard pulling out glasses when Alix had asked for the paper towel. She turned her head to the girl, peering over her shoulder at the drippy ink flowing off of Alix's arm and onto the floor. "Uh...yeah..." she pointed to the paper towel holder. "By the sink."

Martha poured herself a glass of water and sat at the table. "Her meeting went as well as she expected I suspect. She seemed to be in a fairly good mood when she got back." Martha twitched at the sound of a muffled yelp coming up throught the floor. "and yeah...she does enjoy that. I don't see how anyone could enjoy being on the receving end of it, but that's their prerogative I suppose." She pulled a notebook from her bag, and opened it to the tab with Alix's name on it, wrote the date, checked the time on the microwave and wrote it, then looked up at the girl and mustered a polite smile.

"So. To begin, how was your week? And then the usual, how many energy harvests did you manage, the method, from whom. Dates and times please. Approximate time will do."

((Would get more in detail, but I'm at work and my break's over.))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread