Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. .:| LOTA |:. D E A D_S E A S O N_ E V E N T
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote        

click the banner to go to the main shop

1` Index
2` Intro/ Event Rules
3` Competition/ Contest Descriptions

First Page :: User Contests
4` Art Contest
5` Photography Contest
6` RPS Tournament
7` Riddle Contest
8` Seek
9` Submitted Entries
10` Contest Prizes
11` Dead Season Auction
12` Goodies
13` Extra
14` Lists
15` Affiliates

Second Page :: Centaur Competitions
16` Stats
17` Dance
18` Jumping
19` Mock Battle
20` Knowledge
21` Race
22` Competition Prizes

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote        

Welcome one, welcome all, to Land of the Ancestors' Dead Season Event! Every year during the Dead Season (approximately the month of January in our human time), centaur herds hold a long competition between all the children of the herd. It keeps both the adults and children entertained, and it increases the young ones' skills. For this event, however, everyone can participate, not just the kiddies!

But before we begin, let's lay down some ground rules, ey?

1` You do not have to own a centaur adoptable to participate. Everyone can join any of the user contests (getting into the centaur-based competitions might be difficult, though!) If this rule confuses you, see the Index post above.

2` THE FIRST AND SECOND PAGE ARE COMPLETELY SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER. Entering the Art Contest has nothing to do with entering a centaur into the Dance Competition, and entering a centaur into the Dance Competition does not mean you have unwittingly entered yourself into the Art Contest. Separate. Things. The centaur competitions really involve no effort save for simply entering your centaurs and sending the entry fee.

3` Be considerate to others, especially if they happened to win something that you wanted. Sore losers are not welcome, thank you!

4` No spamming/flaming/blahblah the usual rules.

5` Anything I (Dr. Tick Tock and/or the shop mule LOTA) say goes. Please be conscious of what I ask of you, or any announcements or changes I make.

6` This isn't really a rule, but. I forgot to make this thread using the shop mule. Anyway, a lot of srs evnt biznez will be done through that account (LOTA) so please PM him if you have any event-related issues/comments.

7` As an addition to the above rule-- please send the competition entry money to LOTA. (The centaur competitions cost a very small amount of silver to enter, and the individual prices are listed on the post-- the user contests don't cost anything so don't worry about that.)

8` I may add rules on at any time, but I'll be sure to announce when I do in the thread.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote        

Statistic Categories//
Endurance
Speed
Strength
Agility
Wit
Skill

Dance (agility, skill)
Jumping (speed, agility)
Mock Battle (strength, wit)
Knowledge (wit, skill)
Race (endurance, speed)

A centaur's stats depend on their class (these can be found on the first post of the next page). To determine the winner of a round, the two stats for each competition (indicated above) will be combined, and then two die will be rolled. Their total will be added to your centaur's overall total for the competition. Half of the centaurs with the highest numbers win the round and proceed to the next. If there are an uneven amount of centaurs, the winners will be rounded to an even number (i.e., eleven centaurs enter the first round, six will go to the next). For each competition, after every round, I will choose a random losing centaur and draw them as they are participating in the competition! (That's what the "Extra" post is for.)

_____

Dance Competition :: Centaurs' dance is similar to the equine event dressage, except with more torso/arm/hand movements. Dances are most often done to one or several bards playing instruments, though (sometimes!) can be done to no music at all. There is no dancing to singing; you'd be thought really peculiar if you danced to singing.

Dancing involves agility and skill. The user contest equivalent is the Art Contest.

Jumping Competition :: Jumping is... well, jumping. Centaurs try to jump over the highest and most amount of jump obstacles (made out of stone and wood, possibly some other miscellaneous materials) in the shortest amount of time.

Jumping involves speed and agility. The user contest equivalent is the Photography Contest.

Mock Battle :: The Mock Battle is similar to a Warrior's training, only less structured and (obviously) not instructed. Centaurs can choose a wooden weapon, or fight empty-handed. The first person to either get the other on the ground or out of the drawn circle wins.

Battling involves strength and wit. The user contest equivalent is the Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament.

Knowledge Test:: Less strength able and more intelligent centaurs like this competition. They are tested on their memorization skills, their riddle recitation/solving, trivia, math and language, etc. An optional sub-category for those who wish to participate in it is a music competition.

The Knowledge Test involves wit and skill. The user contest equivalent is the Riddle Contest.

Race :: An old and basic concept; the centaur has to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time. These are usually pretty long (several miles at least). Some jumping or agility may be needed, since there is no guarantee that there aren't any obstacles in the natural terrain.

Racing involves endurance and speed. The user contest equivalent is the Seek Contest.
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote        

Starts: January 1st, Sunday
Ends: January 31st, Tuesday

Objective// Draw a centaur dancing. (Yep, that’s it).

Rules//
1` You may enter *TWO* entries.
2` The art must be your own!
3` I’m looking for creativity over talent. The centaur can be doing ANY dance (swing, tango, etc) not just a dressage-like dance, which is their typical dance.
4` No more than two centaurs should be in one drawing (but you may only draw one centaur as well).
5` You may use any centaur, already created or of your own design. Also, don’t worry about drawing masks. But you can if you want to, no points will be deducted or added for drawing them.

Submission Form//
Code:
[size=18][color=cyan][b]DANCE, CENTAURS, DAAAANCE[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]
[b]Any particular centaurs used?:[/b] (I’m just curious!)
[b]Are they doing a specific form of dance?: [/b]

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote        

Starts: January 1th, Sunday
Ends: January 14th, Saturday

Objective// Take a picture of yourself (or someone else) jumping over the most obscure object possible.

Rules//
1` The item has to be something you can jump over without having to climb first, so probably less than 4ft in height.
2` It has to be an unedited photograph.
3` You can only enter *ONE* picture, so choose your object wisely!
4` Don’t hurt yourself, please.

Submission Form//
Code:
[size=18][color=violet][b]WHEEEEE I’M A PONY[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Entry:[/b]
[b]Object You Chose:[/b]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]

Winners have been posted here!
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote        

ENTRY FOR THIS TOURNAMENT CLOSES ON JANUARY 8TH

Starts: January 8th, Sunday
Ends: January 18th, Wednesday

Objective// Beat out your competitors and become the King of Rock, Paper, Scissors!

- You will be matched with an opponent, and you will be told who your opponent is.
- You must message LOTA (the shop mule) with ONE move in the body of the message (rock, paper, or scissors). There are generally three moves a day. The person who wins the most moves is the winner and goes on the next round.
- In the TITLE of the message you HAVE TO PUT which move it is for the day, and [your name] vs [opponent]. EXAMPLE >>> “Move #2, Dr. Tick Tock vs. Weaseldale” (Failure to do this is an automatic loss for the move).
- Once you have been messaged back by LOTA, stating either “WIN” “TIE” or “LOSS,” you can then send the next move.
- AT THE END OF YOUR /LAST/ MOVE you will be messaged back either, “You have won against ____!” or “You have lost against ____!” If you are messaged back, “TIE” “WIN” or “LOSS” then that means you must continue to make moves for the day (move #4, #5, etc)
- Each day is another round. The ending date may be shortened depending on how many people sign up. On the last day, only two people should be competing with one another for the champion title.

Rules//
1` You cannot enter mules.
2` Again, if you fail to put “Move #, (your username) vs. (opponent)” in the title of the PM, the move is an automatic loss.
3` If it reaches midnight (EST) and you are still tied with (and/or have not made a move against) your opponent, the first person to have made a move /for the last move/ wins. (i.e. Weasedale sent Move #8 at 11.52pm, and Dr. Tick Tock sent Move #8 at 11.58pm, Weaseldale wins the round).

Entry Form//
Code:
[size=18][color=darkred][b]RAWRGHHH BATTLE FACE[/b][/color][/size]
[b]Your experience with R, P, S:[/b]
[b]How many children do you own?:[/b] (own, not have.)
[b]Have you realized that I just need questions to fill up this form with?[/b]

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote        

Starts: January 13th, Friday
Ends: January 18th, Wednesday

Objective// Answer the most riddles correctly.

- There will be riddles planned for each day, the first day’s riddles will be the easiest, then get more difficult as the days go on. Once someone correctly guesses the answer to the riddle, the next one will be given. You must have correctly answered the most riddles at the end of the week to win.
- Once you offer a guess, you are automatically in the competition.
- After every ten or so incorrect guesses, a new hint will be offered.
- There are a set number of riddles for each day. If we don’t get to the end of the riddles for the day, the unanswered ones will be discarded. If we /do/, riddles will stop for the day and be picked up for the next round the next day.

Rules//
1` Do not cheat (dur).
2` Do not make a guess twice in a row.
3` Do not piggy back (you guess, someone else guesses, you guess, the same person guesses, you guess again, etc, so that only two people are guessing). Give more people a chance to come online and guess.

Score//
Kupsy: 1
Maeve: 2
Koyi: 0
Lexi: 0
Ande: 4
Cat: 2
Mal: 1
Ace: 1
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote        

Starts: January 28th, Saturday
Ends: January 30st, Monday

Had to be canceled :C Maybe next year, guys.
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote        

a r t . e n t r i e s//

Kupsy wrote:

DANCE, CENTAURS, DAAAANCE
Name: Kupsy
Entry: Link
Any particular centaurs used?: Kris and Da Qiao
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: Da Qiao is moshing, and Kris is air guitaring.... With his staff.

Maeve wrote:
Name: Maeve
Entry: Here!
Any particular centaurs used?: Elkin
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: Pole dancing? Embarrassed

Kupsy wrote:
Entry: Link of Linkyness
Any particular centaurs used?: Asteria and Lucia
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: It's supposed to be ballet... Yeah... Or rather, Asteria is doing ballet and Lucia is trying to copy~

Angelic.Demon wrote:
Name: Angelic.Demon
Entry: (1A) (1B)
Any particular centaurs used?: (I’m just curious!) Jaide
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: She salsing with marracas :3

Malverne wrote:
Name: Malverne
Entry: This thingie
Any particular centaurs used?: Vin'Dorai
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: Yes. The infamous Pee Pee Dance.

lexi luthor wrote:
Name: Lexi Luthor
Entry: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/11lexy2005/Kitzbreakdancing-1.jpg
Any particular centaurs used?: My custom Smile
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: BREAKDANCE!

Sonatina wrote:
Name: Sonatina
Entry: http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j406/Svy_and_Vys/Tango.jpg
Any particular centaurs used?: Nope, just thought them up
Are they doing a specific form of dance?: A Tango!

p h o t o . e n t r i e s//

Squid wrote:
WHEEEEE I’M A PONY
Name: Squid (But the gentleman in the video is the Canadian)
Entry: View My Video
Object You Chose: IT IS A BAG OF MILK! D<
Other Notes: It's not me in the video, it is my bff. Also I can take a screen cap, if you do wish. And alsoalso sorry it's sideways.

Kupsy wrote:
WHEEEEE I’M A PONY
Entry: Link to Video
Object You Chose: 22 cans of Pepsi.
Other Notes: ... I like Pepsi.

lexi luthor wrote:
WHEEEEE I’M A PONY
Name:Lexi Luthor
Entry: Lololol
Object You Chose: My vacuum cleaner with a sombrero on it Happy
Other Notes: I am in my PJs still. I just did it this morning XD

Weaseldale wrote:
WHEEEEE I’M A PONY
Name: Weaseldale
Entry: Omnom
Object You Chose: Pez-dispencer Frodo and Sam on VHS Mt. Doom and pez-dispencer Gollum (with the ring, you can't see it but it's there xD) falling into half-eaten chocolate santa lava pit. Of doom.
Other Notes:I tried to give it a dark background but lol that failed because I had to scoot my laptop farther back. Neutral

Angelic.Demon wrote:
WHEEEEE I’M A PONY
Name: AnDe
Entry: [x]
Object You Chose: Midorea Neutral
Other Notes: The lighting = horrible. Sorry xD

Catghost wrote:
WHEEEEE I’M A PONY
Name: Catghost
Entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3a8Ok62j0
Object You Chose: It's a cow magazine holder xD
Other Notes: Hopefully this came out ok! I'm not at home right now so I had to make due with what was laying around. XD

r p s . e n t r i e s//

Maeve wrote:
RAWRGHHH BATTLE FACE
Name: Maeve
Your experience with R, P, S: Well, I got a few accidents incidents with rocks... and scissors too. Paper is really useful to absorb blood. Unless RPS meant something else. Neutral
How many children do you own?: Ugh, I don't like kids... So none. Duh
Have you realized that I just need questions to fill up this form with? Well, I thought about that possibility, but those seemed like serious questions, so...

lexi luthor wrote:
RAWRGHHH BATTLE FACE
Name: Lexi Luthor
Your experience with R, P, S: Uhh..the thing with the hands and then stuff happens. Yeah I got it.
How many children do you own?: I eat children.
Have you realized that I just need questions to fill up this form with? Maybe. >_>

Weaseldale wrote:
RAWRGHHH BATTLE FACE
Name: Ace
Your experience with R, P, S: Rainbows!
How many children do you own?: 8
Have you realized that I just need questions to fill up this form with? Nu. Duh

Angelic.Demon wrote:
RAWRGHHH BATTLE FACE
Name:AnDe
Your experience with R, P, S: Ehh?
How many children do you own?: Children as in kids or centaurs? o.o (own, not have.)
Have you realized that I just need questions to fill up this form with? Yes, but its OK I'm not judgung.. much.

Dr. Tick Tock

Here's how prizes work: Every contest with a second and third place winner (which is all of them except the RPS Tournament), has three prizes available. The first place winner gets to choose their pick, the second place winner gets to decide which of the two they want, and the third place winner gets the prize that is left over.

The RPS Tournament: There will be a bunch of prizes. The tournament winner gets to pick any two they want. The rest that are left over will be distributed among the tournament participants, starting from those who made it into the farther rounds. Hopefully there will be enough for everyone, but no guarantees! I'll probably give out silver if I run out of prizes.

Since I haven't been on this site long, I don't have many super-awesome-rare-old items to give for prizes. If anyone wants to donate some for the cause, just send them to the shop mule LOTA (literally the username is just "LOTA") and you will be loved forever and ever Bouncy Heart. You may win them back, anyhow!

a r t . p r i z e s//

` 50 gold
` (interchangeable with a fully colored art piece by me of anything of your choice)
` 6000 silver

p h o t o . p r i z e s//

` 30 gold
` Ruduo Autumnal Scarf
` 2000 silver

r p s . p r i z e s//

` 30 gold
` 3000 silver
` 5000 silver
` Moon Draconem Spirit
` A colored sketch piece by me, of a character/thing of your choice

r i d d l e . p r i z e s//

` 30 gold
` Heimweh Segithoz staff/weapon
` ~~Mystery Surprise~~
Dr. Tick Tock

Starts: January 8st, 5.05pm EST
Ends: January 15th, 5pm EST

RULES::
1` You may raise the bid as high as you want but please keep it within reason (give others a chance)!
2` Any posts bidding after the "Auction is Over" announcement is posted are not counted.
3` You may have someone come online and bid for you if you are absent during the final stretch, but they must be aware of your silver limits and how much you are willing to pay.
4` This particular auction is open to everyone.

click for adult preview
Starting Bid: 500s
Bid Increment: 5s
Highest Bid: Won by Squid for 13050s!
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote        

s k e t c h . c o m m i s s i o n s//

Will Do:
Groups up to 3 centaurs (be aware that the more centaurs in the sketch the crappier it will probably be because I give myself a one hour time limit on all of them xD)
All stages, not just adults are allowed to be sketched
Any one's centaurs- it doesn't have to only be the ones you own (i.e. AnDe wants a picture for herself of both Lynn and Ace's centaur Jas together).

Won't do:
Four or more in one sketch
Obviously anything inappropriate
The human version of your centaur >C
Complex backgrounds

Commissioned//
Maeve . xxx
Ande . xxx
Lexi . xxx
Squid . xxx

Code:
[size=18][color=red]S K E T C H . C O M M I S S I O N[/color][/size]

Username: (leave blank if you don't want it written on the sketch)
Centaur/s: (up to three)
Appearance: (if in a wintry outfit/ different clothes than on their picture)
Pose/s:
Other:

c h i b i s//
Dr. Tick Tock

Azhnira failing at dancing (first round).

Desthe failing at jumping (first round).

Silas fighting Tatsuo (first round.)

Amon'zal being stupid (first round).

Belinha losing the race (first round).

Nuria dancing (second round).
Dr. Tick Tock

W H I T E _ L I S T
People who have been awesome and helpful Bouncy Heart

Maeve! She made the signature banner! Happy

B L A C K _ L I S T
People who have been rude and broken rules Duh

No one, thankfully!
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote        
S P R E A D . T H E . W O R D

Code:
[center][url=http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=402950#402950][img]http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv91/Kuma-Blue/LOTA_DSEvent.png[/img][/url][/center]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134  Next