Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote        
Lately I've really been wanting to immerse myself in our community again, and what better way to do that than by having a posting war? If you were around back in Midorea's early life (I'm talking blinding-layout early) then you remember myself and a couple of other members raiding The Lounge to increase our post counts. It was hella crazy, but also hella fun.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a posting war? I could get some nice prizes together from my alternative account. It could be a team-based or an every-man-for-himself type of thing. Of course, I'd be enforcing Midorea's rules the whole way through, but we can still have fun without spamming it up. Wink Any takers?

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
I could give it a go xD Though I tend to hate posting unless it's a subject I actually have something to say about, or rather, nothing bad to say about.
Will have to stop be so quiet lol

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote        
Well, maybe beforehand we can do a little setup by making topics about things that you and other people care about. Happy

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds kinda cool x3 I don't wanna sound fussy though lol...
I'm fussy enough irl.. Don't need to be fussy here too.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote        
It's not fussy! Actually, I think other people would like for that to happen to. Makes it easier to actually talk to people. :3

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
Well... I generally talk about music or computer games a lot.. I'm pretty much a geek so yeah.
Ooo, most Marvel characters too (don't like DC much)... Sometimes I like to talk about more serious things like mental health (which I'm interested in thanks to having aspergers) but when I'm depressed it tends to get me down lol

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote        
I see. I can't go in-depth with those topics, but I can still try to participate! How do you propose we go about making those topics? Just encourage everyone to make a bunch of threads about things that they're interested in, have a poll and make the most popular ones, or what?

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Hmmmmmm....
I think having separate threads for each would get a bit of a thread spam lol
Maybe we just make a list of examples people can talk about, and then people can just choose who they continue a conversation with, like if I was talking to someone about music then two other people came in talking about football, I could just continue to talk to the other person about music... I'd probably just need to put @BLAHBLAHPERSON in my post.
Not sure if that'll seem a bit rude like I'm ignoring people though lol...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
I see where you're coming from there. Thanks for the input! I'll see what other people think, too, before making the decision. :] For now I just have to see who will be interested.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
I'd be willing to participate! Not for the prizes of course, but maybe to help encourage more people to post. :3

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote        
Cool, that's two people! Happy

EDIT: Oh, and Cat, just to make sure you know, everything on my alternative accounts (Squeaky and Quesadilla) has been earned for myself - nothing was obtained with admin powers. That's why I mentioned that prizes would be grabbed from there.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote        
That's fine! Happy If you need help with anything though, just let me know. Bouncy Heart

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote        
Maaaaybe o 3o I should probably come out of my hobbit hole that I've made in the Art Shops board every once in a while u___u

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks, Cat. :3

I was thinking that a possibility would be to have teams based on areas of the forum, if people would feel more comfortable with that. Although I'd personally like to see people leave their comfort zone a bit, I don't mind running it that way. Whatever you all want to do!

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
That actually sounds like something fun! Happy
But I'm in the last few weeks of the semester and everything is due. So if it were to be held while the semester is still going on for me, I probably won't be of much participation. :/