Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Prologue

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful kingdom called Marchenweld. It was ruled by a kind and well-loved king and his beautiful queen. The people adored their rulers, and the kingdom was prosperous and a wonderful place to live.
After a while, the king and queen desired a child. They went to the good fairy on Threespirit Isle with their request. She happily granted it, and in nine months, a beautiful baby girl was born. The king, the queen, and the rest of the kingdom were very happy.
But one night, the queen and the child vanished without a trace.
The king was overwhelmed with grief and shut himself away in his castle, never to be seen by the public again. Many came to try and cheer the miserable king up, but none succeeded. The kingdom found itself in its darkest days.
One day a woman dressed in black came to the castle with her daughter. “I believe we could make his highness merry once again.” She said with a smirk. Relieved to finally find somebody willing to try after all others failed, she was let in. After a few minutes, the king came out of his seclusion and was smiling and laughing as if nothing had ever happened. He married the woman, and took her daughter as his heir.
Most would think that a happy ending would follow suit, but nothing could ever be further from the truth. The woman that the king had just married was a horrible witch, and her daughter was even wickeder than she. A dark cloud fell over the kingdom of Marchenweld.
The king was shut away and put under a spell that kept him in a state where he was unaware of what was happening to his kingdom. Many tried to oppose the witch’s rule, but they were easily squashed by her dark armies. The people went to the Good Fairy for advice on how to defeat this new enemy, and she gave them a prophecy:

“In the future, the crown princess will return,
Spreading joy and defeating evil.
With the help of two wronged souls,
She will find the three shining spirits
And save the kingdom.”

When the people asked when in the future she would come, though, the fairy could not answer. All she knew is that the princess was far, far away in another land, and it would be many years before she would return.
Little did they know, the crown princess was much closer than they thought…

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote        
Chapter One:

Another Monday morning, and Ariana was running late for school. A perfect way to start the week off.

“Ariana! Don’t forget your lunch! The girl’s mother shouted out the door, holding a brown paper bag as her daughter ran to catch her bus.

“I can’t, mom! I’m going to be late for school!” Ariana shouted back, hearing the bus horn honking. Her mother sighed. She knew her daughter would find a way to get something to eat. She always did.

Ariana barely made it onto the bus, and most of the good seats were taken. Fortunately, her best friend Brittany saved a seat for her.

“So,” Brittany said as she popped a piece of chewing gum. “How did last night go?”

Ariana smiled. “Jake and I talked for almost two hours on IM, but then mom had to kick me off to go to bed.” She grumbled, rolling her eyes.

Brittany shrugged. “That’s what moms do best. At least yours let you talk to a boy. The moment my mom senses that I might have a guy on the phone, she tells me I have to clean my room or some other excuse.”

Neither of them noticed the bus stopping and another friend getting on. “Do I sense boy chatter?” A baseball cap-clad girl plonked down into the seat behind them.

Brittany smiled. “Yes you do, Dylan. Ariana and Jake may be, well… together.” She giggled.

Dylan shrugged. “I’m good friends with Jake. If you want me to, y’know, point him in your direction…”

“Absolutely NOT!” Brittany cut her off before she could offer. “The chase is the most important part of getting a boyfriend. If there’s no chase, there’s no challenge. If there is no challenge, the guy doesn’t seem as nice.”

“If you like the guy, why should there be a challenge? I think you should just get him and go. No games, no worrying, just say ‘Hey, I like you. Wanna go out?’ and go out! No fuss no muss.”

Ariana sighed. “You don’t understand, Dyl. Talking to a guy is easy for you. I need a little bit of time before I jump in right away.”

Dylan shrugged. “Alright. But let me know if you get tired of this game, and I’ll get you two together right away.” She then focused her attention on her music.

“Don’t pay attention to her, Ariana.” Brittany put a hand on her friend’s shoulder. “You do realize that our group is the first group of female friends that Dylan has ever had. She doesn’t get girl stuff much.” Ariana just nodded.

It didn’t take long for the bus to get to the school after that. As they went to their usual meeting spot in front of the auditorium, the three saw that their other two friends were already there. Darla was looking straight at them, and Heidi was deep in a new book.

Darla ran right up, hugging Ariana. “Happy birthday, Ari!” she squealed. “Twelve years old. Only one year away from being a teenager! That must be exciting!”

Ariana shrugged. “I guess. I still feel like I’m eleven, really. I guess the change comes a week in.”

“Pretty much.” Heidi responded, not even looking up from her book. She was the only other person in the group that was already twelve, her birthday being about two months ago.

“Now here’s the most important part- who’s coming to the party on Friday? Are you allowed to have boys at this one?” Brittany asked, interested.

“I don’t know.” Ariana was not fond of all the attention. “I have to ask mom about that.”

“You haven’t even thought about your party yet? You disappoint me, Ariana.”

Before she could respond, the bell rang for homeroom. “Well, we all have to go. I’ll ask mom about party details tonight.” The friends waved goodbye and walked to their respective homerooms.

The day went by without much happening. The occasional “happy birthday” from people in the hall, but other than that, it was a normal day. She went through it, and got home where her mother was waiting for her with a small wrapped package.

“Happy birthday, dear.” She smiled and handed the package to Ariana. “Go ahead, open it!”

Ariana took the package in her hands and tore open the wrapping. Inside was a brown leather book. “Umm… thanks, mom.” She said flatly, looking at the book. It seemed old, not one of the shiny new books you’d find at the bookstore, but an antique you’d find in one of those stores that sold dusty old furniture and other boring things. All in all, totally not what she was expecting for a present.

Her mother sighed. “Don’t look at it like that. That book is very old and very special. Not many other copies exist.”

“I’m sorry. Thanks, mom.” Ariana feigned a smile and gave her mother a hug. “I’ll go read it right now.” She went up to her room.

Her mother smiled, watching her daughter go upstairs. “I’ll see you when you get back.”

Ariana sat on the bed with her new-ish book and opened it. The musty smell of old book hit her right away and she coughed. “Marchenweld… interesting, I guess.” She muttered as she looked at the front page. As she flipped through, she saw the titles of short stories that looked sort of like fairy tales. She did like fairy tales. These ones had title that she had never seen before, though. Titles like: “The Amazing Faceless Woman” and “The Secret of the Moonchild Forest”. All tales that she had never heard of before, but they all seemed interesting. There was one near the back, though, that interested her more than any of the others.
“The Crown Princess?” she looked at the title, and then under it. But there was no story under the title, only a blank sheet of paper. “I wonder where the story is?” she asked herself. Before she could go downstairs to find out from mom, she heard a voice.

“It has been many years, Princess…” The pages seemed to whisper, “But it is time for you to come home once again…”

Before she could ask any questions, the room started to spin, and Ariana became very dizzy. She fell on the bed, unconscious. There was a flash, and Ariana was no longer there.

The book, though, began writing itself on the empty page.

“After twelve dark, dreary years, the Crown Princess of Marchenweld finally returned.”