Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Gignesthai Festival 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [RP] A Halloween Hunt: Ending October 31st
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
(I hate to do an OOC post, but does this have to end October 31st? Like...obviously we can end the posting contest thingy thing, but could we like transfer this roleplay to The Theater once the Gignesthai festival is over? I love this roleplay and I haven't roleplayed in so long!)
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
Lyullaby went to the pumpkin patch only to see Rhee. "Rhee I have an idea!!" she squeeled with excitment and showexd her the little pumpkin Angel left. "Lets take the seeds and replant them!" She was excited and had a gleem in her eye. "Its got to work!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote        
ravebloodnymph wrote:

Tara frowned and reached over to touch his arm. "Dare, you have to sleep at some point tonight. If you want, we can sleep in shifts. I'd really feel bad if I got a wonderful nights' sleep and you were up all night." She'd feel like a terrible hostess. "I really don't mind giving up my bed, I sleep on the couch all the time." She often fell asleep downstairs. She liked reading on the couch with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and often fell asleep doing so.

"Honestly, I don't think I would be able to sleep if I tried. I need you to get a good night's rest so you can be chipper in the morning for Dani." he stretched out as he yawned. "Please don't feel bad, I really don't mind. Do you have any folding chairs I could use?" he asked taking a long sip of his hot chocolate before standing up, getting ready to move and keep his watch on Dani. It would be a long night.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
lexi luthor wrote:
"Honestly, I don't think I would be able to sleep if I tried. I need you to get a good night's rest so you can be chipper in the morning for Dani." he stretched out as he yawned. "Please don't feel bad, I really don't mind. Do you have any folding chairs I could use?" he asked taking a long sip of his hot chocolate before standing up, getting ready to move and keep his watch on Dani. It would be a long night.

Tara sighed, shaking her head with a smile. There was no pushing this guy. Ah, well, she supposed she'd have to let him do what he wanted. Besides, it was all in Dani's best interest. "Dani has a chair in the corner of her room. Hope you don't mind butterflies," she added with a smirk. She took one last gulp of her lukewarm chocolate and stood, stretching. "I should probably get to bed. I'll see you in the morning, Dare." She left her mug there, too tired to care about cleaning it up until the morning and headed for her room.

She shut her side of the bathroom door for some privacy while she changed into her pajamas and opened it again, as Dare had suggested. She quickly brushed her teeth, trying to be as quiet as she could so as not to wake up Dani.

Tara climbed into bed, sighed contentedly as her head hit the fluffy white pillow. She was lucky to have Dare here to watch over Dani where no harm could come to her. She yawned and shut her eyes, determined to get a good night's sleep.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
Dare smiled thankfully when Tara didn't argue him. "alright see you in the morning Tara," he whispered. He headed over to Dani's bedroom and found the chair in the corner of the room. He took a seat and kept his eyes on Dani. In seconds his eyes felt droopy as he sat there. Damn, this may be harder than he first expected.

He took a deep yawn and stood up from the chair, if he sat there he would certainly fall asleep. Instead he started pacing the room back and forth, occasionally looking over at Dani to make sure she was still okay. The night stretched on, and as he became more and more tired his pace became slower and slower.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote        
lexi luthor wrote:
Dare smiled thankfully when Tara didn't argue him. "alright see you in the morning Tara," he whispered. He headed over to Dani's bedroom and found the chair in the corner of the room. He took a seat and kept his eyes on Dani. In seconds his eyes felt droopy as he sat there. Damn, this may be harder than he first expected.

He took a deep yawn and stood up from the chair, if he sat there he would certainly fall asleep. Instead he started pacing the room back and forth, occasionally looking over at Dani to make sure she was still okay. The night stretched on, and as he became more and more tired his pace became slower and slower.

Dani slept for quite some time but around three in the morning, her once pleasant dreams became plagued with the dark dragon man, Aden. Her dreams started out like most nightmares do; nonsensical things that in a dream make perfect sense. Dani was in a carnival, whirling on the merry go round. She waved to Dare and Tara as they stood off to the side.

They waved back but their smiles were all wrong, twisted sneers on their cold, empty faces. Their eyes were fully black, no white to be seen. But Dani spun, on and on. The music was jolting and out of tune and the horse she rode was a cruel facsimile of a centaur, the creature's face frozen in a mask of agony.

Dani's smile was too large and toothy as she swirled on the ride. The horse's face melted and turned into that of Aden. He laughed at her as she suddenly screamed, her eyes melting from their sockets and pouring down her cheeks.

But suddenly the carnival was gone and she was walking down the street. To Dani's shock, there were two of her. One was a sullen-faced Dani, hands shoved deep in the pockets of her black skinny jeans. Her brown hair was bleached at the tips and she wore thick liner around her eyes. Dani hardly recognized the dark girl. She looked down at herself, seeing the white fuzzy pajamas she had worn to bed but also seeing the street behind her.

With a start, she realized this was a memory. Mean-faced Dani was entering a nightclub, with barely a glance from the bored but rough looking bouncer there. Surely Dani wasn't old enough to have gone into a building such as this but she did.

Inside, she watched herself take a seat at the bar. The bartender smiled at her and she snarled at him. "Get me a beer, Meehal." He merely chuckled and slid a beer over her way. She cracked it open against the side of the bar and took a long drink.

"You know you aren't supposed to drink, kid," Meehal said teasingly. She snickered and easily finished the rest of the bottle.

"Fuck that." She shoved off the barstool and approached the side of the club. There was a rusty door, almost hidden in the dark smoky corner and she pushed it open. It led to a back alley that smelled of smoke, booze, and the fruity decomposite of trash.

Old Dani leaned against the wall and lit a cigarette, puffing the smoke out lazily. Her eyes were tired and she allowed her tough exterior to relax out in the cold of the air. Present Dani watched with slight delight as it began to snow. Old Dani apparently also liked it, as she closed her eyes and leaned her head against the brick wall, a slight smile on her face.

Because she closed her eyes she didn't see the man approaching her from the end of the alley. Present Dani screamed, "No!" But nothing came from her open mouth but air.

The man grabbed Old Dani and her eyes flew open. Before she could scream or summon any power, he locked a collar around her neck. Dani's mouth dropped open in a silent scream as the collar seemed to shock her several times. She fell to the ground in a twitching heap. The man above her chuckled and scooped her up easily.

"There you are, my dear. Let's go," he said casually. And walked away with her.

Present Dani watched helplessly as she was carried away, frozen in the cold alleyway. From the man's shoulder, Old Dani picked up her head and let out a heart-wrenching scream...

...that continued as Dani awoke from her nightmare, thrashing and becoming entangled in her sheets as she sobbed.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote        
Dare instantly was pulled out of his daze that he fell into while pacing back and forth all night. He quickly ran to Dani's bed side and sat down next to her. He pulled the girl into his arms ans sssshh'ed at her. "It's ok Dani, it was only a dream, you are ok. I promise, I'm right here." he whispered as he dipped his face soothingly into her hair.

He was so relieved that Aden hadn't come back and ripped the roof off of Tara and Dani's house. When he heard Dani, he wasn't even sure what had happened. But now, he just ran his fingers through her hair, hoping to calm her down a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote        
lexi luthor wrote:
Dare instantly was pulled out of his daze that he fell into while pacing back and forth all night. He quickly ran to Dani's bed side and sat down next to her. He pulled the girl into his arms ans sssshh'ed at her. "It's ok Dani, it was only a dream, you are ok. I promise, I'm right here." he whispered as he dipped his face soothingly into her hair.

He was so relieved that Aden hadn't come back and ripped the roof off of Tara and Dani's house. When he heard Dani, he wasn't even sure what had happened. But now, he just ran his fingers through her hair, hoping to calm her down a bit.

Tara jolted awake with Dani's scream and tumbled from her bed. "Oof!" She hit the floor hard but scrambled to her feet and raced into Dani's room. "Dani? Dare?" She flicked the light on, her frantic eyes trailing over the room.

Dani clung to Dare, breathing hard, her eyes wide with fright and confusion as she struggled to calm herself. She knew it was just a dream but damnit, she was scared shitless.

Tara pressed her hand to her chest as she sank down on the opposite side of the bed, scooting over to place her hand on Dani's shoulder. "Honey, you had a bad dream?" She looked at Dare, seeing the relief and exhaustion on his face. She bit her lip, feeling bad. He looked so tired but she knew she'd never convince him to sleep.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote        
Dare's eyes drooped heavily as he sat on the comfortable bed holding Dani. He hardly noticed Tara come into the room until he heard her voice. He needed to stand up or else risk falling asleep. Once he stood up he gave Dani a comforting smile. "Everyone should try falling back to sleep, we need all the sleep we can get and maybe Dani can tell us about her dream in the morning."

He put an arm around Tara to usher her back to her room. "Don't worry, I've got a close eye on Dani, she'll be just fine, it was only a dream."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote        
lexi luthor wrote:
Dare's eyes drooped heavily as he sat on the comfortable bed holding Dani. He hardly noticed Tara come into the room until he heard her voice. He needed to stand up or else risk falling asleep. Once he stood up he gave Dani a comforting smile. "Everyone should try falling back to sleep, we need all the sleep we can get and maybe Dani can tell us about her dream in the morning."

He put an arm around Tara to usher her back to her room. "Don't worry, I've got a close eye on Dani, she'll be just fine, it was only a dream."

Dani nodded, feeling sleepy again but still shaking from her dream. "I'm fine, Tara." She looked at Dare and frowned. "Did I wake you up?" she asked.

Tara allowed Dare to pull her back into her room but she shrugged out from under his arm there. "Dare, please, go to sleep. You look completely exhausted. I wouldn't have asked you to stay if I knew you were going to keep yourself up all night. I'll watch over Dani, I'm not even tired. Just sleep for an hour or so, I promise I'll wake you up if I need to."

Dani waited patiently in her bed for Dare to get back. Knowing he was in her room protecting her made her feel safe. And at least if she had another nightmare he'd be right there to comfort her.

But even knowing that, her bedroom was scary to her. She eyed her favorite teddy bear across the room but was too afraid to climb from her warm soft bed to get it.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote        
Dare gave Tara a tired apologetic smile, "I can't go to sleep, I have to make sure Dani is okay, I promised. So you can just go back to sleep okay? I'll alert you if something else happens with Dani, don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

He turned to walk back into Dani's room, "How is everything Dani?" he asked. "Are you better now?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
lexi luthor wrote:
Dare gave Tara a tired apologetic smile, "I can't go to sleep, I have to make sure Dani is okay, I promised. So you can just go back to sleep okay? I'll alert you if something else happens with Dani, don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

He turned to walk back into Dani's room, "How is everything Dani?" he asked. "Are you better now?"

Tara huffed in frustration. Great, now she would never get to sleep. She'd be too guilty to go to sleep, no matter what the man said.

Nevertheless, she climbed back into her bed and stared into the darkness.

Dani smiled a bit when Dare came back in. "Uh-huh. I'm alright But...can you get my teddy bear?" she asked timidly, pointing out the green-and-blue Midorean bear next to her dresser.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
Dare looked over at the bear that sat next to her dresser, "Sure thing hun." he picked up the bear and carried it over to Dani, "here you go," he said with a small smile.

When he backed away from her bed he immediately began to pace back and forth once more, fighting sleep with all of his might.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
lexi luthor wrote:
Dare looked over at the bear that sat next to her dresser, "Sure thing hun." he picked up the bear and carried it over to Dani, "here you go," he said with a small smile.

When he backed away from her bed he immediately began to pace back and forth once more, fighting sleep with all of his might.

Dani smiled, cuddling the bear to her chest. "Thanks, Dare." She watched him pacing for a minute. "Why are you doing that?" she asked, tilting her head.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote        
He turned from his pacing and smiled at her, "Just..." his sentence cut off as he fell to the ground in exhaustion. As his head hit the ground he opened his eyes, surprised, and quickly stood back up in alarm. The tiredness made his mind foggy as he quickly looked around, expecting to see Aden flying above him. But, tunnel vision quickly took over his vision from rising so quickly and he fell back to the ground again, this time completely out.