Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Mingxia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote        
How do you celebrate Halloween, if you do at all?
I'm Australian and so generally don't go out and trick-or-treat.
I'm honestly more excited for my friends birthday which is on Halloween, rather than Halloween itself :3

I like unicorns... and rainbows, and glasses, and sunshine... and lollipops, and purple, and Dumbledore... and blue, and carpets, and writing... and socks, and milo, and bracelets, and blankets... and orange, and oranges, and orange elephants... and towels. Did I mention that I like unicorns?
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly I spend halloween doing whatever my friends and I decided to do together. Back a few years ago I had to make an impromtu costume because we decided to go trick or treating instead of staying home with movies. Very fun haha

::Shop::
Mingxia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, nice ;}
I don't think I'll ever go Trick-or-Treating, although many people here do, I suppose it'd be awkward to go to a house and find that they have nothing because their culture is kinda' different, aha!

I like unicorns... and rainbows, and glasses, and sunshine... and lollipops, and purple, and Dumbledore... and blue, and carpets, and writing... and socks, and milo, and bracelets, and blankets... and orange, and oranges, and orange elephants... and towels. Did I mention that I like unicorns?
LOL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote        
I don't usually do anything, there is nothing to celebrate either. So a box of candy usually keeps me occupied.

Writer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote        
There was one year that I didn't go trick-or-treating under the reasoning of "I'm too old for this." Decided that it was stupid, and went the next year, and so on. This year...there's a bloody college fair on Halloween, and I probably can't demand strangers for free candy. Personally, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
I used to do the trick or treat thing, but now I just hand out candy... it's boring in my area, though, and we get about ten kids max.

I wanna find something different to do this time.

Yggdrasil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote        
I do trick or treat, let's face it, free candy.

i also pay tribute to harvest moons on Halloween, and I dress up, and on occasion, a party or two.

Let's not forget the pre Halloween stuff, like haunted hay rides and haunted houses. it's awesome. :d

Watch Frieza Transform
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quote        
Imma be a rat. That's all that matters in the end. Hai

Shara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote        
We go Trick-or-Treating, even though I'm kind of forced to because of my younger brother. We don't really do anything special besides that. We don't have decorate or anything, but we leave a bowls of fortune cookies outside for the kids...
That's right. Fortune cookies. Because we're awesome like that. Happy
No, it's because we own a chinese restaurant and we're too cheap to buy any candy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
I used to go trick or treating but now, not only am-I too old for that, but my neighbornhood is too old to take part in it: since there are barely no kids anymore around and since the people living here are getting older ( my street is only houses from the 60's, meaning the owners are nearly all in their 70's) they don't participate anymore. That means you have to walk nearly 5 minutes to get from a decorated house to another.
... Unless you run from houses to houses and go to streets built in the 80's, 90's and 2000's (people participate way more and the streets are filled with costumed kids around 6pm). The last time I did this, I was with 2 of my brothers and from 5pm to 9pm we gathered 4 pounds each of candies/chocolate/chips ( I weighted our bags once home)

What is sad is that, now kids go trick or treating after school (around 3-4-5 pm) when it's not even dark outside yet (meaning: it takes away the spooky side of it). Many of them hop in the car, their parents drive them to a decorated house, they go out, get candies then go back in and roll to the next house. I understand if the parents want their kids to be safe (from poisoned candies, dangerous driver, pedophiles and all those urban legends), but this is just killing the real fun of trick or treating and Halloween itself!
You're supposed to freeze half to death, hurt your arms from the weight of the candy bag, have enough of your costume, fear the dark corners of the streets, admire the decoration lighting up in the night, wonder is the house owner will be dress up and will try to prank you, boast to the other kids in the street when you found a good spot or good candies...
Now it's getting way too politically correct and it makes me feel old and grumpy Mad

Anyway... We still decorate our house, and since I don't go trick or treating, I give candies to the rare kids that knock at the door (when I'm at my parents' house). I was planning to find a party to lurk in this year for Halloween (hey, I'm 21 after all) but I end up stuck with some team homework this evening and classes early the next morning Jab

And to those where it's not in their culture to go trick or treating: don't worry, it will soon die where people are still going, and you won't miss anything anymore Duh

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
Rosaria

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
Halloween was always my favorite holiday. I was always one of those annoyingly enthusiastic trick or treaters- and being 22... One can hardly pass as a 13 year old. (Blasted trick-or-treating laws here!) Live in a retirement neighborhood, so we only get five kids at max, though rarely even that.

This year, I get to do a little celebration of the season, head to campus for the day for a Thriller dancing and costume contest (then class), and go to an Alice in Wonderland themed party with a few close friends. White Queen, be I.
Ethereal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
I go all out dressing up every year for Halloween simply because it is my favourite "holiday" and the autumn season itself is a big favourite of mine. I love the free candy aspect, but I generally don't eat all that much candy. Too sugary after awhile when you eat it. I like being with my friends on Halloween, we usually go to the movies for a flick in our costumes, we trick-or-treat, have a party at one of our places and eat pizza, beer and play video games. That's usually how I spend my Halloweens. <3 I am also planning on making Death Metal cookies, a coffin cake, and bat cupcakes, the batter will be spiced pumpkin with a shot of rum. Icing will be butter cream, and the bats will be melted coloured sugar coated in darkened chocolate. :3
Heimdall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote        
Well Halloween is also my mom's birthday so I go home and visit with my family then we all get our costumes on and head up to my grandma's house and go trick-or-treating ^^ All of us dress up every year, my mom and myself included ^^
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote        
YES. Tonight went so well. XD I dressed up as a "fancy mouse" and went out with friends, and I got to meet up with a guy I've been talking to. :3 Which went wonderfully, might I add.

Anyone else have a successful Halloween?

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:47 am Reply with quote        
I pretty much do nothing on Halloween except for go to class (if it is day day for classes) or go to work (if it is a day I have to go work).

I had to stop trick-or-treating when I was 11 because my parent's thought I was too old to go. They also forbid me to go over to friend's houses on Halloween because they still went trick-or-treating and I would have gone with them. :/

We don't even hand out candy. The one time we did since moving in this apartment, we basically got no children except for the two across the street.

Now, last night, the people across the street threw a party. But they block off the whole front of the street of their house and their driveway...so where does all the traffic park? In front of the apartments where there is only street parking. -_- Not looking forward to walk a distance in the pitch darkness to get to my car this morning. The street lamp is further down the street. It's very creepy and can be dangerous.