Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic The Art Chat: Art group anyone (see the poll for info)?

Would you join a Midorea art group?
Yes!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Maybe...
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Please comment too, I'd like to know what you think!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote        
Well well well, there's not much chat going on here...
Sorry for not being around more guys Sweat
I'll update... well, everything that needs to be updated next week, since it'll be fall break and I'll have plenty of time to do stuff.

For now, well, I'll add a special little discussion topic in the first post, so please check that... and uh, it's Wednesday, so I guess it's Toys Day... So here, have some more designer toys ^^

Readymech
On day I'll be able to give you guys more than paper, but for now, I'm afraid it's all I can afford... Neutral

Edit: The Topic of the week is up! And it'll last for more than a week, because I said so Hai

killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh, I love watercolours, and acrylics. I've been experimenting a bit with some watercolours, but I don't often use 'em.
Recently, I've been trying some digital art too. I'm still kinda getting the hang of doing nice smooth motions on the computer. but I'm sort of getting there.
My art used to be very influenced by anime, but I've been trying to develop my own style. I still find hands very hard to draw, and my noses look very weird from certain angles.

I once tried to sculpt a mug-thing. It sorta managed to turn into a very lopsided vase with a bunch of holes xD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote        
*walks around innocently, then stumbles upon an apparently dead thread*

Ooops... Sweat

Hm, let's see if I can find some interesting links to restart this.
My art history teacher recently sent me a few links to artists working with knitting and stuff ('cause that's starting to be my main medium).

Here's the first. I'm still puzzled by it, but the amount of work just blows my mind.

And another one. Click on "work", and then check the little picture titled "présence" (and check the rest too, it's interesting then again I kinda love learning about artists and their work/thoughts, so it may not be interesting for everyone).

*goes to check front page and what needs to/can be updated*

kovu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote        
i love to draw animals like horses and other things like that i also like to try new things like this summer i plan on making a life sized sculprure out metal and then spray painting it to make it look real Big Grin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote        
Trying out new things is fun. Happy That's pretty much what I prefer about art school: you get to try tons of stuff you wouldn't have done otherwise. Like, this semester I'm taking a screen printing class, and next semester I'll have a glass course (working with both cold and melted glass). I need to find some project for the summer though...

Hope you'll post pictures of your sculpture!Wink
And thanks for reminding me this thread existed...

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote        
Art is wonderful and amazing and gah. Duh Paint, clay, markers, crayon, sewing, video~

Especially video! I love creating music videos and artistic films, we did a lot of these last year over the summer. I can't wait to try out the iphone 5's camera this summer as well, the pictures are better than my DSLR. And the video is almost as good as the canon DSLRs, which is something I want so bad. ;-; Gah.

I did most of mine last year with my iphone 3gs, which had the worst camera. xD So I used the 8mm app to make it look old since the footage was already pretty ehhh quality.

White Table - Collaborative project! Randomness ensues! Please don't take it seriously. xD

Typography Video - Did this for a design class. Had to do a typography-based video, and used a bunch of footage I did over the summer~

More soon. /o/ Hopefully.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
hiei

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
I love watercolor! > u<
Unh. Best thing in the whole god'd world.
I kinda wish there was a way to duplicate that feel with a tablet. Duh
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
I think Sai did a decent job with watercolor, or maybe that was some other software? I haven't done any digital art in so long I don't even remember those things... Duh But yeah, nothing can get better watercolor effects than real watercolor I guess.

So, I'm thinking about making an art group sorta thing, and I'm wondering if anybody is interested. This would imply some sort of sharing art thing (like, posting it here and discussing it), maybe doing some art jam or some other event (people throw ideas and then we draw them; various options available), maybe livestream if people want or just chatting here, etc. Everybody can join! There's no level required, and no medium so you can work with whatever you have on had. It's mostly something done for fun and to help people keep motivated and draw more often.

So yeah, answer the poll and post if you are interested!

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
An Art Group sounds like a really fun idea! And it might help get this thread and general forum area back up and bustling. It'll also be a good way to bring everyone together in a way, I think...Thoguh I could be wrong. IT's hard to decide.

Also, Sai is pretty good for watercolor looking stuff. I use it for basically everything when I need a drawing program (when my tablet works)...But I think my favorite tool in that program is the air brush. Not sure why...But I LOVE airbrushes. o.o; Oh, I got watercolor paints as part of a big art set (for free, 99 pieces since one was missing xD)...I might try working with them offline for a while when my neck isn't hurting. I've been getting an itch to try them out. And maybe work with some of my other supplies. I have so many pastels...I should learn to work with them more o3o

Siyue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote        
I can't really draw and I have no good programs right now, but I'd love to be in this nonetheless xD

I love art c:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote        
Alright, seems like a few people are interested by this, so I'm gonna start to work on some art group thingie. I'm curious though, and I'd like to make something as many people as possible can enjoy, so what would you guys like to see in that group?

Like. would you prefer weekly or monthly challenges (an idea is posted and people have to make art with it and then post it in the thread; new idea is posted once the delay is over), streaming, collaborative work, art jam or something else? Do you want to have fixed "meetings", or something more free where you just come in and post whenever you feel like it? Anything else?

I'm just trying to get a better feeling of what kind of activity people would like to participate in (in a perfect world, or after the group is more established, I guess we could have pretty much all those things, but I'd prefer to focus on one to start with). Wink

Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
I think something more on the free side may be better since people tend to vary in schedule and such. As for the challenges, I think starting with monthly may be fine since we have a small group, but maybe that makes it better to have weekly? Hard to say. As for collaborative, that could be fun! Either way, I think optional with these things will be the best bet to fit schedules...But I'm not sure. Either way, this seems fun.