Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic The Art Chat: Art group anyone (see the poll for info)?

Would you join a Midorea art group?
Yes!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Maybe...
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Please comment too, I'd like to know what you think!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote        
    Crappy intro will be crappy; I'll rewrite it later.

So, it occurred to me recently that there isn't much art chat in the Art Chat. I mean, sure, there are topics about drawing and all that, but it's just like 1% of what art is. And so I figured I could make a thread to talk about the other 99%. Or, well, at least a part of it. I figured we could start with visual arts.

Basically, this will be a thread to discuss everything you want about visual arts (drawing, painting, sculpting, and maybe performance, video and internet art). Share your favorite artists and the reasons why you like them, talk about your own art, favorite medium, respectfully critic other people's work... and much more. As long as it's about art, and you're chatting, it belongs here. Hai

Topic of the Week:
    Will be updated soon-ish

Maeve

The Rules:

• Follow the rules of Midorea.
      -> Concerning the PG-13 rule, please post any content that doesn't respect that rule as a link, with a warning of some sort.

• Be respectful.
      -> Art is often a question of tastes. You have the right to disagree with what someone else likes, but they still have the right to like it.
      -> Polite debates are encouraged.
      -> Flamming will not be tolerated.

• Share your favorite artists/ art pieces/ resources/ whatever.
      -> I'll try to post various interesting things often, but obviously I can keep this thread alive alone. So please post too. Wink

• I can add new rules at any time.

Rainbow List of Marvelous People:
    For people who have done nice things for this thread. Thank you Bouncy Heart

Grey List of Vanishing Idiots:
    For people who have done some stupid things here and have been warned about it.

Black List of Nothingness:
    For people who have done way too many stupid things and have been banned from this thread.

Maeve

The Resources:
    For pretty much anything useful that deserves being shared.

[[So, this will be the place for all the nice things you've shared, but that are not exactly artists. Basically, sites, tutorials, online encyclopedias, etc.
    Just post your links with a little summary of what it is and why it is interesting, and I'll add it here. Happy]]

Maeve

The Artists:
    For, well, all the artists you've shared.

[[I'll try to keep an updated list of all the artists we've talked about. Feel free to share your favorites and I'll add them here. Also, if they have a website, well, it's nice if you put a link to it in your post. Oh, and as said in the rules, please put a warning in your post if what they are doing is above PG-13.

Oh, BTW, the artists don't have to be professionals (although it's nice too). And yes, you can also talk about your own art, and it might be added here in a special category later. Wink]]

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote        
    Reserved for something...

Alright, you can post now.
    I'm gonna go finish the setup and all that.
    ((In case you are wondering, this thread will be about visual art, artists, and stuff like that. But feel free to keep me company while I work on the rest.))

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote        
o 3o~

Curioussss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote        
im excited to see what this will be ^^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote        
This was just a trap. Now you're caught in it.
*puts you in a mysterious glass box to study you*

Intro is done... kinda. I hate making intro.
Now I just need to put the rules up, and then maybe a resources post (with links to useful stuff), and then a few of my recent discoveries...

Weeeee

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote        
This was a great idea.

I totally agree.
annnd once it's open, and all editted ill start taking on topic. hehe
//gets studied
D8;.
ahh
edit;
ooh pretty rainbow list is pretty ^^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
Yay, someone agrees with me Weeeee
Which means I'm not totally crazy yet...

Well, I guess you can start if you want. I only have to add a little things about the artists post, and possibly some goodies... But yeah, the rest is good to go. Happy

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:57 pm Reply with quote        
I don't know if you saw my edit, but your rainbow list is very rainbow 8D.
so pretty~

annd I have no legitimate favorite artists, But I have some people I enjoy on dA. I also really like water colour and pastels so pretty >w<, But my most commonly used medium is inking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, tektek.org makes really rainbowy rainbow text quite easily. It's the only thing I still use on that site. Hai

Bah, as long as they are doing artworks, you can talk about them. I just use "favorite" because it saves me a long description. So yeah, anything art + liked is fine (or I guess we can talk about what we don't like too, as long as it doesn't get personal).

I adore watercolor. I'd really like to try it, but yeah, for some reasons, I'm kinda afraid of it at the same time. >.<
Pastels are cool. I haven't seen much work done with them (I mean, except my personal tries), but yeah, the variety of color and blending is just gorgeous.
You know, I've never done much inking. I mostly just do pencil sketches nowadays, and none really deserved being inked. I'd like to see some of your art though (if you don't mind posting it, of course). Smile

I guess I'll start with the two artists I posted in my hangout some time ago:
- Shin Tanaka makes really nice paper toys, and share his patterns for free (just play with the site, you'll easily find some), so that everyone can make their own toys.
- FirendsWithYou: I dunno, it's cute and magical, and their mission is just great:
Quote:
..., FriendsWithYou set forth on a mission to spread the idea of Magic, Luck, and Friendship™ around the world, and become Friends-With-You!

Pikmin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
I don't really follow artists that much, but... One deserves a mention.
Josh Kirby, he did the illustrations for books by Terry Pratchett, and it was thanks to the eye-catching cover of a book that I picked them up in the first place~
(Yes I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover :p)

JOLLY COOPERATION!
LOL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote        
i started pastels at age eight (the chalk kind), and still adore them >w<but>M<
Heres some samples, ignore the face on the water colour one,
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264854_183714071686014_100001422687493_499599_5434699_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200716_160605180663570_100001422687493_362963_7564883_n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198446_160603543997067_100001422687493_362952_6706150_n.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote        
Oh cute style! Do you have a deviantart account?

Kupsy- I like that kind of style for illustrations. it's awesome.

Boredom Chat <<Page Contest