Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote        
Astrology is one of those things that never really interested me. But I really did not understand it which is probably why. I did a reading on a whim though and was quite surprised at how accurate it was. o.o;
Definitely agree about the ass-kissing, did not help my ego at all. Heeh...

Can I please have one of your amazing astrology readings? You seem to know what you're doing. definitely have my respect!
(and um, can I PM you my details? XD;)

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote        
I've always been fascinated things to do with the human mind and nature, including astrology. I'd love it if you would read my natal chart. One day I hope I'll be able to read them as well as you!

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote        
Anyone is free to pm me their information if they don't feel comfortable posting it on the forum. :]

I'm at a friend's right now and my sister has a birthday party later today, so I'll get to your readings either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how things play out.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
Dr. Tick Tock
Wow, yours is the first chart that strikes me as a young soul. :] You have an Aries Ascendent, Sun, and Moon, making you freedom-loving and impulsive. With the sun in conjunction with the AC, you're a very forward person and unafraid to express yourself. The Sun is on the cusp of the 1st and 12th houses, giving me mixed signals. It can either mean an exceptionally difficult childhood leading to an introvert personality or a strong and confident individual - although I'm leaning toward the latter.

Moon in the 12th makes you emotionally private but receptive. Venus in its ruler Taurus in the first makes you attractive to others. They probably see you as pleasant and fun to be around, and the opposition to Jupiter retrograde enforces that. However, this points to lessons dealing with over-indulgence in dangerous freedom. You're probably rather over-the-top and impulsive, which can lead to obvious problems as well as the emotional issue of scaring people away.

The conjunction of Mars and Mercury would naturally grant you the ability to see your dreams and ambitions through to the end, but I'm worried that the extremely passive energies of Pisces and the 12th house will completely drench these tendencies in feelings of inadequacy. It's also possible that, while you are confident in yourself, you have a dreamer quality that keeps you from living - and therefore, acting - in the "now" rather than your mind. You may be prone to passive-aggressiveness as well, which is never a good sign. Watch for feelings of jealousy (Scorpio Pluto retrograde in the 8th) feeding your passive-aggressive tendencies - that will dig you into an immeasurable deep hole.

However, there are good signs to this. The aspect of Pluto to the Moon-Mercury-Mars conjunction can give you great potential and strength - that is, if the energy is evolved. If you're not mature enough to handle that, then the energies will become more self-destructive than destructive.

Spirituality can grant anyone guidance, but with Pisces Saturn in the 12th you may be subjected to the disillusionment that goes hand-in-hand with it. You may experience unjust and unexplained discouragement, and like all watery parts of the chart are known for, it can come and go at any moment. There isn't much stability at all in your chart; even with a Capricorn MC the Uranus-Neptune conjunction makes this energy unreliable.

This is a very unique chart for me - I'm really at a loss for words. I'm heavy in stability and planning so I'm honestly not sure that I can give your chart justice, just because of the sheer contrast between the two of us. My natural instinct is to suggest for you to embrace who you REALLY are, as it seems to be the strongest, most consistent part of your chart. By being sure of and at peace with yourself you can move forward from a semi-stable base... But maybe what you need isn't stability at all. Maybe it's a sign that you just need to go with the flow and trust in your instincts - they are, after all, very strong here. I'm sorry I can't say much more. ^^;

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote        
Cat, I sent yours.

killerkitty
Guh, so lazy from big dinner... Must... finish... reading... x.x

Woah, what an interesting stellium. Your 12th house is packed full of planets, definitely explaining an interest in spiritual subjects. This is the chart of a lonely soul, as I like to describe charts heavy in Pisces/12th house planets. Here we have Mars, Venus, Neptune, and Uranus all in conjunction in the 12th house. You're not a very assertive person, and even less assertive in love. Although your love is true and deep, and although you wouldn't want to admit it, it can change quickly and easily.

I can see that this is supported by your Sagittarius Sun. It is in conjunction with your Scorpio MC, but there's a bit of a disconnect because the cusp of the two signs are between them. Although society sees you as a deeply passionate and dedicated person, you're actually more of a free-flyer. Your intelligents equals and sometimes surpasses their expectations all the same, but you'd rather follow your each and every whacky passion than stick with one thing the whole way through.

This leads me to your Sagittarius Mercury in the 11th. You're a natural in social situations, although sometimes you may go on rants about things that you're interested in. Without realizing it, you may isolate the people around you by doing that. Sagittarius Mercury is renowned for its hyperactive mind - it will be rare to find someone who can keep up with you. The square to the Moon is likely to make you more high-strung than normal. You may be prone to speaking out of spite.

There's a lot of energy being directed to Aries Saturn retrograde in the 2nd. You'll be likely to experience a lot of financial issues (and the resulting personal insecurities) throughout your life. You're probably thrifty, always having money stashed away for a rainy day. If not, you'll definitely learn that lesson by the time you reach your Saturn Return.

Jupiter in the first makes you approachable and sociable. It tells me weight problems, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean that. Honestly I still need to practice and research how the first house determines apperance. >>; I'm terrible with faces.

When you feel comfortable enough to read charts you should totally give me a reading. Happy They say the hardest chart to read is your own.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
I love reading other people's charts. It's interesting to see what they say about the people you know and are friends with, especially when it coincides with something you know about them.

Hey Chu, what do you mean when you say someone has an "old" or "young" soul? You've said it a couple times, so I was wondering. ^^; (also... wondering what mine seems like. Neutral xD)

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, it really is. I like reading my best friend's chart whenever I learn new things - she takes everything with a grain of salt but being the know-it-all I am, I love being "proven right." :P

Honestly, I just say what comes to mind at the time. ^^; I kinda zone out and go with whatever sounds/feels right. But generally I consider people with "old" souls to be a little more spiritual, wise, reclined etc. than most. I consider "young" souls to be more adventurous, happy-go-lucky, fun-loving, etc. Then again, that's only my interpretation.

But if I were to put it into more concrete terms, a young soul would be determined by a chart strong in houses 1-6 or signs Aries-Virgo. So an old soul would be strong in houses 7-12 or signs Libra-Pisces.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for reading my chart! I do like eating, though I don't know if it'll ever lead to weight problems. And that's a pretty good definition of me, I must say (especially the wacky bit, according to some people Roll Eyes ).
And yeah, I fail at love Duh (not that I've ever actually tried to find someone).

Also, the bit about old souls/new souls is interesting, I'll keep that in mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote        
Huh. I'm always told I seem like an old soul, like someone who has gone through many lives xD

I actually am very introverted, I just put on appearances to act strong and confident to help the people I care about Happy And... I don't think I'm over-the-top, I can be sometimes I suppose but it's never scared any one away Duh And I'm impulsive about adventurous things so I suppose that whole part is true. It'll be like eleven at night and I'll just be like, "I'MMA GO WALK AROUND THE WOODS" and then I get hurt or something lolol it's horrible orz

But I'm really hesitant about spending money. And my chart (when I figured out how to read it) says I over-indulge myself but I never feel like I do Neutral I actually... refuse to eat a lot because I like feeling hungry, and I never ask for things unless they are obligatory for school/survival/what-have-you. SO THE CHART LIESSSS Neutral I was glad you didn't say that.

Aaand pretty much everything else you said was true -flail-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
Astrology to me is like tarot and palm reading something I don't give much thought in daily life. I know that they aren't consider true science and you really can't make a living doing them but that doesn't make them less fascinating.

I was a bit ruffled that the new sign was to be introduced cause I didn't want my sign to change I very much like being a stubborn old earthen cow... I have be come attached to my sign. Smile

as for horoscope some of it is on the spot but other parts is like lol wut? that is not me. I don't use it much for big decisions it mostly my daily lol

anyways I find it all very enthralling, because the civilization that came up with it really pulled out all the stops and I don't think I'll ever stop marveling at human's ability to work with their superstitions to make charts that are eerily accurate.

:3 though I do think i have more then one soul i mean who decided we should only have one?

that being said I'd love a fortune, um may 16th 1987 as for birth time it was a c-section was playing with my umbilical cord as a fetus >.>;;

Of The Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote        
Ah, this makes me happy inside!

Another who loves ASTROLOGY as much as I.

I must say, however, that I am but a humble novice
in comparison to you. Just reading through these posts
has earned you my utmost respect in this field.

Just wow! I love it!

I have done my own chart before but I was never any
good on translating the information without the help of
books or the internet. You have the gift, my friend.

Would you do me the honor of giving me your take on
my natal chart? I am very curious to know what you see
in me. Eeee! I am sorry, I am just SO ECSTATIC that I
have found you! It is so hard to find others who love this
as much as I do. I'm getting ahead of myself but I hope
we can talk "shop" sometime. Oh! My information is :

Amanda
February 11th, 1985

I was born 8:41am in Bridgeport, CT

Thank you!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
I have a Scorpio Sun and Moon, and a Capricorn Ascendant. These are both given further strength by a Mercury-Moon-Pluto Stellium in Scorpio (all trine to Mars) and a tenth house Sun, its only aspect being a square to Saturn. Most people abhor Saturn because it brings about difficult stages in your life and makes you face responsibilities, but I love it. If you're a relatively mature individual, you can learn a lot from Saturn and grow into a better person. My boyfriend has Saturn strong in his chart as well (Capricorn Ascendant, Saturn in the first square to the Sun) and I think it may be one reason that he and I can relate so well.

Funny thing - he and I have our birthdays only two days and an hour apart. I was born on October 27 at 11:51 AM, and he was born on October 29 at 12:51 PM. Isn't that crazy? XD

Rambling aside, as you can see, I have a really strong personality thanks to those aspects and placements. It's softened by a fun-loving Sagittarian Venus, and my first house Uranus-Neptune conjunction soften my edges a little, but c'mon. You don't combine Scorpio's passion with Capricorn's ambition and come out with anything less than extreme.

I see that on top of your Aries Ascendant, you have a Mars-Venus conjunction in the first! Right on the line of your Ascendant too. Wow, talk about passion! Uranus in the ninth indicates unconventional studies, and an Aquarius Sun and Mercury - and Scorpio Moon - probably enhance that, huh? People must not expect the sheer willpower and intellect that you possess.

What things have you studied or learned, specifically? I can try to focus on other things instead, so you don't get repeated information. :3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:52 am Reply with quote        
Haha, so I got bored earlier, and I was still on a natural high from signing up for volunteer opportunities. I go and look at my upcoming and present transits/progressions.

Well, let me clarify first: I'm not some nut who follows daily horoscopes, much less daily transits and progressions. I believe too much in the wonderful bounty of free will to follow astrology that religiously. But, occasionally, I do go and take a look, sometimes for the sake of fulfilling my analytical needs, and others, just out of curiosity. (Have I mentioned that I need a better hobby?)

Well, I noticed that my transiting AND progressing Venus are both conjuncting my Ascendant, ready to enter my first house. (Look up transits and progressions.) Venus, being the planet of love, obviously represents all things beautiful and romantic. With both transiting and progressing Venus coming from the secretive and private twelfth house to the expressive and social first, I guess it's representing the recent change in my relationship. It began online and was kept from my family for a bit. But now things are becoming more serious, kind of out there for the world to see. Nothing I didn't already know of course, but interesting nonetheless, to find reflected in a chart. xP

The Venus action made me curious about what "the stars" looked like when we first started talking, and you wouldn't believe it...! Transiting Venus was just on the cusp of the eighth house (intimacy and sexuality) and the ninth house (philosophy and foreign lands.) Now, two hours isn't "foreign" at all, but you have to remember that astrology came about before cars and planes and even bicycles. Two hours by car is two days on foot. "Foreign." Mercury was in the eighth, transiting from passionate and fiery Leo to subdued and dedicated Virgo.

It's also interesting to note the many sextiles that Venus had to my natal planets! Moon, Mercury, Mars, even Pluto! (Emotions, intellect, passion, and transformation, in that order.) So much intimate and sexual energy. Topped with a conjunction to Jupiter, and a trine to Uranus and Neptune, the only tension was with squares to the True Node of the soul and the Ascendant of appearance. (But honestly, with all that free-flowing energy, I was relieved to see some tension! XD)

Knowing that people in the astrological community take first meetings in person more seriously than those online, I brought up a chart of our first "real-life" meeting on Halloween.

Venus was transiting over the eleventh house of the community and friends; he met two of my closest friends that day too. It was transiting in conjunction with Mercury over my Scorpio stellium of Pluto, Mercury, and Moon - all very personal planets to me. Expression of feeling, being sociable, etc. etc. Remembering how shattered my nerves were that day, I took a look at my transiting Moon, and sure enough, it was right there in the first house, in conjunction with my transiting Pluto and natal Ascendant, ready to reach Uranus and Neptune (huge factors in my anxiety, if you ask me) by the end of that day. All very strong, intense energies in contact with poor little fragile Moon, haha. My heart was ready to explode at any moment. One little kiss killed me. XD

I know that there are loads more details to transits and progressions - especially in first-meeting charts and whatnot - but honestly, I don't care enough to do more research. I came in curious about Venus and found amazing similarities to the real-life happenings, sure, but analyzing something takes away from the magic of the experience. Not to say that such a thing happened here... But I know that delving deeper would. (Or I'm just incredibly lazy.)

On another note, I noticed that my transiting Saturn - restrictions - is leaving the ninth house of higher education. I've been going through the college and scholarship application process after a year-long break, which was pretty much forced upon me due to circumstance. Huh!

I'm going to analyze this aspect of my chart further, because currently, Saturn rests on my Midheaven. These two aspects of my chart alone are very important to me, so I have a feeling that a lot can be seen.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote        
Ouch... Why are people so hard on Saturn? Sad So misunderstood.

I was looking up information about Saturn being in conjunction with the Midheaven. I feel so excited about this, as if I've FINALLY reached a pivotal moment in my life. It feels like good things are to come. Yet everyone talks about divorce and financial struggles and court dates... This makes me wonder if daddy-dear will make a reappearance and I'll have to face those issues of my past head-on.

Ugh. I hope not. Saturnian responsibility is so deeply ingrained into my chart that, although I've felt its tough lessons, I don't feel it strikes me as hard as others. When Saturn makes major connections for me, they tend to be moments of recognition for my hard work. Saturn really only hits hard if you shirk your responsibilities.

But maybe I'm just being too optimistic. XD Either way, I want to think positively. I see a lot of hard aspects between my transiting Saturn and some rather powerful planets in my chart. Maybe I'm coming upon a time where I really do have to buckle down or face the consequences. College does do that to a person.

"Stop it," the critic in me says. "You're blindly reading a giant wheel to tell the future. What year are you in, again? Get out there and live."

Yeah, let's do that. :P Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Can't sleep. Going through a bunch of generic astrology reports. Does anyone ever do that type of thing, in a way, to ground themselves? It's so easy to get lost in astrology when you study it at such a deep level... Sometimes it's refreshing to go through laughable love reports, or hell, even reports for cats and dogs! They even have specialized reports for homosexual couples, sure to provide separate gay and lesbian reports.

At the same time, it reminds me of a scene in White Noise where Jack is asking a nun at a hospital about her religion. "Those who have abandoned belief must still believe in us. They are sure that they are right not to believe but they know belief must not fade completely. [...] We are your lunatics. We surrender our lives to make your nonbelief possible. [...] There is no truth without fools."

It's kind of fun to play the devil's advocate with yourself, especially in something that you spend so much time on. It's interesting to see, for once, how people look at you when you bring such a taboo subject up.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote        
I gotta say, I've always thought that astrology was interesting, even thoungh I think it's a load of baloney. Learning the connections between signs, houses, etc. and the person that the reading is for is very interesting. I'll probably have a proper read of the website you lonkind later, but for now, would you mind doing a reading for me, please?

Born at 8:45pm, on 8th March, 1995.