Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote        
I understand that most people don't take astrology seriously and I respect that - honestly I couldn't even begin to explain why I feel so drawn to it or how it "works." However, one thing that kills the image of astrology is the gross confusion and misinterpretation that comes along with it.

So I'm a Scorprio - that's supposed to make me predatory, uncaring, and alluring. However, I'm apparently so afraid of intimacy and rejection that I cheat and screw around precisely to avoid that. Sure, I'm obsessive, emotional, controlling, and even a little sadistic, but not all of these traits apply to me. So astrology is full of shit.

Wrong. There's more to astrology than your sun sign. All nine planets, the sun and moon, and even some other heavenly bodies, fall within a sign on your natal chart, as well as a house. The location of each heavenly body in regards to these two things, as well as the angles from one heavenly body to the next, mix to create what turns out to be an incredibly detailed personality reading.

Planets represent different facets of your personality, from the way that you communicate (Mercury) to your very sense of self (Sun).

Signs represent the way that these facets are channeled - my Mercury in Scorpio, for example, guides my thinking straight to the heart of things, whereas a Mercury in Libra would rather gloss over the dirty details.

Houses represent the area in life which our planets affect. My Sun, although in Scorpio, is also located in the 10th house (houses and planets overlap) which makes me fulfilled through work and business. Someone with the Sun in the 5th house, however, would be fulfilled through pleasure-seeking and creative activities.

Even more important than these things are the angles found in a natal chart, which I honestly still have some work to do with. There is no important angle between my Sun and Mercury so their relationship to one another isn't highlighted. There is, however a Square (90 degrees) between Sun and Saturn, which means that it will be especially difficult for me to feel fulfilled because of authority figures or other limitations.

Adding other parts of the chart sweeten the pot. The houses that these two planets are in make the interpretation a financial concern - my fulfillment comes from my work, which will be hindered by either my financial state, or maybe I'll be so worried about finances that I can't focus on fulfillment or work. (It's funny because when I first analyzed it, I only thought "Dear lord I'm going to be poor all my life, how do I prevent it?!" kind of driving that point home. ;p)

It isn't all bad though, because Saturn - discipline, hard work, and structure - has a nice aspect to Jupiter - optimism and new horizons. Jupiter is at home in the 9th house, which makes the influence stronger. It allows me to deal with struggle more easily than most people, so I can take on the hand I've been dealt.

I hope that I expressed how intricate these charts can become - this is only three planets and only a few of their aspects out of the entire chart. Here's another example that you all may be able to better understand:

My Sun sign is Scorpio, so I identify myself as someone who is deeply intelligent, yet emotional. Conventional astrology says that I'm selfish and unfeeling, so why do I cry for a loved one at the drop of a hat? Let's take a look at my 1st house - the house of external identity.

At the very beginning of the first house lies what is called the Ascendant, and its location through the signs shows how you represent yourself. My Ascendant is Capricorn, known as the "Sea Goat" for having the perseverance to reach the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. They're the corporate climbers who have the ruthlessness of a Scorpio scorn, but enough manners and political correctness to get by. (Both are known for being total extremists, so having my Ascendant in Capricorn and both my Sun and Mercury in Scorpio tint my thinking and communication styles in an interesting way.)

Okay, so this makes me a well-mannered corporate climber who became more of an asshole than she already was. Looking at the other planets in the first house - Uranus and Neptune - start explaining the more wild parts of my outward personality. Neptune is a planet of self-delusion and spirituality. (Ouch!) People with this placement wear their "hearts on their sleeves" and are very empathetic. Uranus, right on top of Neptune in conjunction, is the planet of independence and individuality. It makes me a little different from everyone else, but it also gives way to anxiety. That's right - combine a deluge of emotion with shocking anxiety and you now see why I'm not that corporate asshole that we were headed for.

This is what I was talking about! This is what makes me love astrology. You think you have someone completely figured out until two planets, two tiny, meaningless planets, change the game. I don't know why it "works" but I do believe that somehow, this is accurate. Maybe I read my biases into charts, I wouldn't be surprised there. xP

But anyway, sorry for the incredibly long post. I just didn't know how else to express the depth of astrology without sharing a piece of a reading. D: If you'd like, I can look into your own charts, although I don't have a whole lot of time so I'll probably just point out main parts. You also need a time and place of birth - otherwise it isn't accurate.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quote        
This does actually interest me, because there's a part of me that's a stubborn old cow and doesn't believe a word, but another part that looks at it all and thinks a lot of it does match up...

Well, if you ever do get the time...

I was born in Kirby Muxloe, Leicester, UK, at around 2:50am xD Annoying morning baby.
Oooon June 9th, 1987.

I hope that's what you actually meant by place o\
(also find that I was born in Kirby Muxloe funny 'cos I didn't know that for ages yet I ended up loving the games character Kirby~ I should move there someday :3)

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
The biggest thing that strikes me here is the significance of your MC/IC axis - this is the axis that divides the Eastern and Western quadrants of the chart and symbolizes the beginning and the end, so to speak. The IC is your inner-most roots and the MC represents your standing in society. With an IC of Cancer, you probably developed mostly through your family - particularly women. It speaks of a lot of emotion. The MC is in Capricorn, which gives you incredible perseverance and and ambition. In essence, what you do in life is based on what you feel, and what you'll achieve will be stability.

There are very important aspects to the axis too. Mars and Mercury are in conjunction on the IC, which points toward domestic problems. Maybe there's a lot of arguing, or if you have them, problems with siblings. Neptune is in conjuntion with the MC. This would be a very difficult placement if it weren't for the Capricorn energy here. Neptune gives you a bit of a "dreamer" quality. Maybe people don't take you or your life ambitions seriously. They may think that what you want to do is idealistic when it's really based on reality. You may have more trouble than most in "finding your way." This gives you a hesitant and unconfident streak, which may hold you back from taking risks needed to move forward. You need a lot of encouragement, and without the support of your family you may feel lost. What's more is that your thinking and decision-making are heavily influenced by others. On your own, you may be perfectly rational, but in the presence of others you find your thoughts and decisions are on unstable ground. There needs to be a balance between acceptance of yourself and the acceptance that you receive from your family; the two depend greatly on one another.

I see inhibition all over your chart. In the places mentioned before, and in aspects to your Sun. You have Saturn in retrograde - that is when a planet begins to appear to "move backwards" in the sky; it's really just continuing its movement around the sun and only appears to go backwards. This says that you're a loner and probably like it that way. You don't like the spotlight. This opposes the sun which speaks of more inhibition - this is a sign of an "old soul" if you will. You're a serious and reliable person, but that often speaks of loneliness. This makes you scathingly critical - especially of yourself. Uranus plays a nasty role in this adding tension and anxiety to every insecurity you have. You can, however, make these energies positive by learning to accept your self-declared flaws. If you accept yourself as you are then you can achieve so much - you'll be able to jump over hurdles that no one could even dream of. You just need to release some tension.

You have your Moon in Scorpio - another sign of an old soul. It is also located in the seventh house of marriage and business partnerships. You form close emotional bonds with people quickly and easily, but only if you feel safe around them. Security is key for you - you don't trust anyone or anything if you don't feel it. The moon is also in conjunction with Pluto, adding even greater intensity to your feelings. You seek depth in life - you live every moment for the intensity of the experience. You are strong-willed (again) and are attracted to equally strong people.

Jupiter in Aries, conjunct AC. (AC is how you try to present yourself. It is in Taurus, meaning you project yourself as a calm yet stubborn person.) You are kind, generous, and have a great need to express yourself. The funny thing about generosity here is that your sun is in the second house of personal possessions, making those things very important to you. And the way that you present yourself through Taurus says that too. But Jupiter here means that you give freely - I'd need to look deeper to understand this contradiction.

Alright, that's all that I have time for right now. ^^; But if you'd like, you can go to astro.com and plug in the information for yourself. There's a feature there that has a chart where you can click on each of the planets and read about their locations and aspects to one another. In my opinion it's not as accurate as having a real person read it, but it's still the best online chart I've ever seen. It's something like "Astroclick Chart."

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote        
That is... Uncanny.
I would've replied to this sooner but I just spent ages staring at it..

The only thing I'd say is out is the arguing.. I rarely argue, but that's 'cos I'm quiet most of the time, and don't talk to my brothers much.
But the dreamer, definitely.. Always had a lot of ambitions, wanted to be a scientist, then an artist, then a keyboardist in a band, then a songwriter, then a writer... And people were just yeah yeah.. Except mum but she's <3

The hesitance, and lack of confidence definitely... Keeps me in the house a lot, but I do tend to prefer it that way most of the time xD And when I'm around other people I tend to change my decisions based on what I think they want to hear :/

I'm gonna stop right there 'cos I sound a little like a self-help program, but it's all right, and I'm scared.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote        

Personally, I've always been fascinated with this type of thing. Where can you learn this?

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote        
By studying astrology I've begun to look at life from an entirely new perspective. I've learned to be open to different ways of thought, expression, feeling, and love. Enlightenment is how I'd describe it. Astrology, a perfect symbol of life, is an unending lesson for anyone who is willing to learn from it. Where no religion or philosophy could give me spiritual fulfillment, this could. I hope that maybe by sharing this with others, they may feel the same way. :] There are too many lost and confused people out there who could benefit from spiritual fulfillment.

Or just a little fun, since most people aren't as obsessive as I am. xP

Anyway, I was just doing some casual research and found some fascinating information. Fun fact: I'm more analytical than anything, so I learn things by jumping into the most complicated subject matter first and dissecting it from there. So, of course, I missed some of the basic astrology lessons. ;p

I'll save the explanation and just link to the website. It actually provides very insightful and concise information, but it may be hard to grasp at first. If you'd like to learn through this site, I suggest taking it slowly and going over the information more than once. Trust me, it takes a while. This website showed up as potentially dangerous on my computer though, so watch out.
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/#continue

My discovery through that site though is that my chart indicates that I'm a person who focuses on external affairs but moves forward based on my own action - this is apparently called the "maturity" phase - the last one. It's accurate in terms of my thought patterns, aspirations, and actions too. I focus on issues in society and the world and try to think of how I can somehow change that. Conceited as it may sound, I think that I have wisdom which could be utilized into helping others - hence my interest in psychology and spirituality.

Kupsy, yours is in Achievement. Here's a quote:
Quote:
After the inner world has been fully explored in this way, it is time to begin the next stage of life, when the person takes their new-found knowledge of how to interact with others and begins to apply them to meet others needs. This "Achievement" stage marks the beginning of an awareness in the importance of a person's helping others to get what they want. It is indicated by a movement from an "other" focus to an "outer" focus as the person uses their personal understanding of other people to better understand the needs and motivations from the other person's point of view. As these other-focused skills are learned the person moves farther away from simply satisfying their own needs and increasingly focuses on helping other people solve their problems. [...] In this chart, more of the pictures are focused in the third section, "Achievement" than in the other three sections. This person focuses most on developing an awareness of interrelating with other people based on what the other person wants from them, and tries to help others get what they want.

And yeah, IC in Cancer usually points to the mother being a big part of your life. My chart speaks of difficulties and repression, and my IC is Aries.

... I just read another article and they were talking about the IC in terms of "where home is." Aries is ruled by Mars, and with Mars in the seventh house (marriage/relationships) I can't help but think of my early childhood - when I lived with both of my parents. Then, home was where violence was. Home was where anger was. Through the turmoil, I've been able to grow, and that's the meaning of IC, after all.

But I'm letting fear get the best of me. I expect my future marriage(s) to be abusive because it was the type of partnership that I was exposed to as a child. It's funny; recognizing your own distorted thought patterns still doesn't change how you feel. I'm still afraid, and I don't think I'll ever lose that fear.

Anyway, Kupsy, not to get weird on you, but I get a familiar feeling when reading your chart. I think I understand some of what you're going through - we share some aspects relating to lack of confidence and inhibition. We're too thoughtful for our own good.

Feel free to talk about whatever you want here, or if you ever feel that you're getting off-topic, feel free to message me. I made this thread to open people's eyes to astrology, and trust me it can dredge up some really frightening things. I'm sorry if my readings are a little too blunt. D: I didn't realize that I was being so negative. I'll look into the other aspects of your chart tomorrow! I've already spent too much time on this tonight. ._.

Astro.com is my favorite website to use - you can save a bunch of birth data if you sign up, and up to three individuals if not. On the left sidebar, click on "Everything About Astrology" and go through the links, sequentially for the best results. There's also a website called cafeastrology.com, although I find their information pretty inaccurate and watered-down sometimes. (Then again, I like the heavy stuff.) And then there's the website I linked to earlier.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote        
Don't worry at all about thinking the readings are too blunt - I wanted to see if all of this was actually accurate and I wouldn't have gotten that from you going "And then the little goblin came along and said 'rargh I curse you with lack of confidence'"

I have always wanted to help people though, which is probably why I ended up as a volunteer helper on that mmo after a while (before I realised they were all bloody well beyond help <_<.. Another story though)
Always been closer to mum as well, she just makes more sense... And dad pisses me off in so many ways.

As for thoughtful, yup. Can't stop thinking sometimes, it makes me wish I was an idiot really, you know they say "Ignorance is bliss" and all that... So I'd be happy xD
Probably rambling now so I need to shh.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote        
I went to my own astroclick chart, but there are lots of contradictions and to be honest I don't know enough about astrology to really know which parts are the most important ones. But it really interests me so maybe you could help me? Here's a link to it.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, okay. My readings tend to be completely different from the ass-kissing that most astrology does, haha. xP

And the ignorance is bliss thing... I definitely agree. It feels like my mind never gets any rest.

Mars conjunct Mercury on the cusp of the third and fourth. Further importance on the home. While the Mars placement naturally makes you a little calm, it means you're very possessive of your family. A threat or challenge to your family is the sure-fire way to set you off.

Scorpio Pluto Moon conjunction in the seventh. Love and relationships are important to you, but you may experience some upheaval here. Possessiveness is an issue, and it's brought out by low confidence. If you keep reminding yourself that you're worthy of the people in your life then you won't be possessive of them - they love you too.

Venus in the first unaspected. I haven't encountered unaspected planets much - but I read that without the aspects to other planets, they have issues expressing their energy. However, with Venus in the first here I think it may be easier on you. It speaks of beauty and charm. Venus is also at home in Taurus adding to those traits. You're probably easy to get along with and have admirers, but things never really start off from there. Not sure on that though... I'll look it up later today.

Alright Ace. Are you positive that the birth information is accurate? Here's my interpretation though:

I think that things may be contradictory here because you have a grand trine and a kite which aren't interpreted here for you. You also have some planets on the cusps of houses/signs. On top of that, a lot of planets are in retrograde. This is interesting.

Mercury plays a vital role in your chart. I see Sun conjunct Mercury on the MC, meaning that you have the potential to recognize and reach your goals. Mercury here gives you good communication skills, although it makes you a better talker than listener. The confused energy that Mercury gets from Cancer/Gemini and the 9th/10th houses can give you useful duality strange contradiction. Either way though, it gives you a sharp mind so you can grasp subjects more quickly than others. Sometimes your thoughts are ruled by your emotions, but others, and more likely than not, you're quick-thinking and witty. The conjunction in the tenth also says that you should do well professionally, and since Mercury is on the cusp of the tenth and ninth, it gives your intelligence a little flare for grander subjects like philosophy. All of this mixed energy with Mercury, although quite useful, tells me that there's some conflict with your thinking/communication style. Maybe your opinions change frequently, or you have trouble communicating.

Pluto is on the cusp of the second and third houses. It makes possessions extremely important to you, but can also make siblings (if you have them) or knowledge important. You can be stubborn, and the possession in this area of life may lead to some problems down the road.

Mars looked like it was on cusps too, but now that I'm looking more closely at it I don't think so. Taurus Mars in the ninth makes you very opinionated and stubborn. You probably lose your temper in verbal arguments rather than anything else. You act slowly and deliberately but seem to be easy to set off if you or your opinions are challenged too much. Mars opposition Pluto makes you very driven and adds more stubbornness to the mix. It can push you to success or outrageous fits of hurt pride and jealousy.

Aries Moon in the seventh. Fun is what comes out to me. Relationships and love are probably very important to you. You have "a kid at heart" qualities that probably attract impulsive people to you, or maybe you're impulsive yourself.

Leo Venus in the Eleventh. Success through women, if I remember correctly. You're very passionate and affectionate. Venus squares Mars which attracts you to love-hate relationships. You probably quite enjoy conflict, for the sheer fun of it. Relationships for you will be exciting and life-changing, but there's the danger of too much passion here. Relationships may flare up and die out quickly.

Virgo AC. You come across as someone who, although stubborn, changes their mind a lot. You seem shy, yet critical.

Sun/Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter grand trine in water. Strong intuition and a good sense of wisdom. You can use expansion, duty, self, and intellectual energies easily, but the intellectual can be phased out and lost in the emotional water.

Mars, AC, Neptune/Uranus grand trine in earth. Pluto opposes Mars making it a kite formation. Energy is directed toward Mars, putting an emphasis on the ego and action. Use creativity and practicality in a balanced way to reach the full potential of this formation.

All of the planets in the Southern hemisphere of your chart are in retrograde, and they're all outer planets. Being in the "personal" part of the chart tells me that you probably think of things a bit differently than most people - whereas they focus on personal and material concerns you focus on grander subjects. You don't like being bothered with shallow and fickle subjects. Mercury retrograde already makes you think before you speak, and adding Saturn and Jupiter retrograde into it (which trine one another anyway) means that you're dealing with lessons about overconfidence and thoughtless action too. You're probably introspective, thoughtful, and a little inhibited. Uranus Neptune and Pluto retrograde make you put on layer upon layer of masks. You act like you don't care and are unaffected by things but you aren't, and because you know that, it leads to feelings of inadequacy. You were probably very selfish and vain in a past life and are dealing with the consequences now.

miara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
Astrology has always sparked my interest. I don't know what it is about the whole concept or whatever it's just... fascinating.
I don't want to stress you out, but I've never gotten a real astrological reading. I've had a few 'spirit guide' things done. I believe in those.. to an extent. It really depends on who and how, etc.
But yeah, if it isn't a bother...
I was born in Dayton, Ohio around 3AM on December 15, 1989.
If you don't have time I completely understand, but your posts intrigue me.
;-;
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote        
It's no trouble!

The exact time would give a more precise reading but it's alright if you don't know it.

You have a lot of energy in the third house being focused on Jupiter retrograde in the ninth - the house that it rules. While Jupiter naturally is a symbol for expansion, its retrograde motion here makes you more of the silent philosopher than the charismatic teacher. You probably love studying things like law, philosophy or theology.

One of the planets opposing Jupiter is Mercury, in its ruling house too. This tells me that knowledge and learning are very important to you and that you always need intellectual stimuli. Mercury is conjunct with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune giving you a unique Capricorn third house stellium, if you ask me.

Capricorn is a sign of steady progress, tradition, and career while the third house is of communication, learning, and writing. Saturn is at home here in Capricorn, and the third house directs the structural energy into communication-related subjects. The conjunction with Uranus adds life to your speaking skills - you're probably a pretty social. However, a big issue I see here is the potential for lack of control and issues with superiors and social structures. Capricorn and Saturn energy probably draw this back a little, but with so much air, fire, and electric energy I get the feeling of a humming bird or chihuahua - always moving. XD

Your Sun is on the cusp of the second and third houses making possessions and communication important to you. You probably don't mind exactly where you go in life as long as you have a bit of money tucked away and the company of good friends.

Speaking of money, Mars in the second tells me that you shouldn't have much trouble there because making a living is where a lot of your energy is geared toward. The trine that Mars makes to the Moon and MC conjunction speaks of independence and a strong will. You probably don't have as much trouble about "finding yourself" as other people do.

Pluto in the first speaks of death and an active sex life to me. It's not a very easy placement because it gives you a slightly serious nature. With an ASC of Libra though, you still try to present yourself as a fairly friendly and easygoing person. The square to the MC suggests that people may not see you for who you really are. Cancer Moon conjunct MC tells of strong emotions and a prominent mother figure - for good or worse.

Venus squares AC and opposes MC - if you're sincerely affectionate to others then they'll easily like you. However, there is also a small tendency toward shallowness.

miara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
Gah. That's so insanely accurate.
Mainly the 'finding myself' part. I've known who I am and how I think since.. well, probably since a little bit before high school. Everyone who has ever known me has commented on it. I guess it's just interesting to see 'how' it happened.
As for the mother figure thing. That's true AND ties into the death thing. Haha.

I dunno. It's just all so neat. I wish I had time to study this type of astrology.

Sorry I didn't have the exact time I was born.
;-;

Now I want to know how much more accurate it would get if I had that...Haha.
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote        
My computer died and the entire post I had replying to stuff poofed away. ;--;

But yes, I agree with Kupsy about not minding you being blunt about stuff. I'd much rather have you tell me than have to work through any ass-kissing/wordiness that's common in most of the things I find dealing with astrology.

And yeah, everything's accurate except for possibly the minute I was born, because my birth certificate is missing, but my mom is one of the few people I'd believe when they tell me they remember something like that, so it's most likely correct. If it's not I'll tell you when I find out. xD

And as for the actual reading... most of it is very much accurate. Some of it's a little off, and some of it is stuff I don't really notice as much because I've worked through it a bit. Like being possessive of things or people... especially people. ><

I think it's really neat, though, that you know enough about this to read the chart and tell us what it really means because otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten half as much out of that... at least not without staring at it for a long while. Now to go look up some of the terms I don't know quite what they mean~

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, I'm happy that you two enjoyed the readings. ^^; Since I'm new to the astrology community they kinda look over me a lot, haha. It's nice to know that I'm decent at it!

It's fine not to know the exact time you were born - a lot of people don't. It mainly affects the degree of the ASC. Two websites that I like using are the aforementioned astro.com and a website called chaosastrology.net. I also started going to astrowin.org a while ago when I began studying relationship charts like synastry and whatnot, but I haven't gotten into the articles there as much.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote        
I... I so badly want to know mine Neutral -nervous about giving that information though-

I can't read that chart on astro.com xD orz