Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote        
I know it's been out for a while now, and as a result the price has gone down far enough for me to actually consider buying it (like hell I'd buy it at £200, yeesh)

So basically, I want to know if anyone here actually has one, and if they do, what do they actually think of it.
One thing I'm worried about is the 3D effect doing my eyes in, especially as my eyes are crap as it is.

Also, if you have it, and you have a particular game you'd recommend... All I've found out so far is that pilotwings is short, and monkeyball is shorter...
So probably wouldn't bother with either of them, for the price they are.
(Will most likely also not bother with any remakes 'cos well.. they're remakes)

All I know is, I'm more interested in this than the iPhones with their myriad of apps, I still don't like the idea of the phone of a thousand uses... A phone is a phone is a phone.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't own a 3DS personally but I played one of the demos in a store and thought that the graphics were terrible, even after playing with them for a while. Despite that I tried playing a game (Street Fighter I think) and it gave me a headache after about five minutes. Not worth it in my opinion - just another thing feeding the 3D gimmick. Sad

Pikmin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
Aye, that's what I'm worried about.. I've been a Nintendo fan for ages now, but lately, with the Wii, and now the 3DS that I'm worried will do my head in, they're really alienating me.

Remembered my brother has a 3DS, even though he has no games, gonna stare at it and see if it melts my brain to death... Hell, he never plays his, maybe I can buy his cheap xD

EDIT - lol, online through the 3ds while I'm in bed now. /pro

JOLLY COOPERATION!
miara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
Let me know how the 3DS works out for you. My eyes get achey after a bit of time on the computer as it is so... That and I'm not sure I could ever part with my DS. <3 I lovers it. <3
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
I love my DS but I can never play for long, not only for bending over it but (maybe I'm just weak) it hurts to hold it too long. XD

I've always been a Nintendo fan too. I like the Wii quite a lot and think it has potential, but they don't release games that explore it enough, in my opinion. But that's another discussion for another thread. ><

EDIT: So I'm a blondie and failed to realize that this belongs in the arts forum. (Media/technology.) Moving now!

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote        
Gah, forgot about this forum, sorry lol~

I've actually found the 3DS to be ok so far, it hasn't done my head in as much as I thought. I have to make sure I'm wearing my glasses though, or my eyes just don't get the 3D very well. I have taken a picture of a 3D Kirby on my mums head though which is always amusing.

Considering buying my brothers 3DS off him, seeing as he never plays it at all, and he's got no money at the mo thanks to moving house and having a baby on the way, so I think he could do with the money more than the 3DS...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Illusion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote        
Um you guys do know that the 3D is completely optional right...? As in you can turn if off completely have it on a little bit all the way or half way how ever you please actually!

I have a 3DS got it at launch and because of that I am getting 20 free virtual console games for it. It's part of the ambassador program because Nintendo feels that the 3DS is flopping big time. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. The main reason no one is buying them is one the price and two there really aren't many games out for it just yet.

My girl friend and I both have 3DS and our games are:
Nintedogs + Cats
Street Fighter
Mercenaries 3D
Devil Summoner: Overclocked (only me)
DOA: Dimensions (my girlfriend only)
PAC-MAN & GALAGA DIMENSIONS (my girl friend only)

We both like the system pretty well.
I rarely play with the 3D on at all, however when I take pictures of my cute puppies I turn it on just in case. >w> 3D things usually hurt my eyes as well so you guys are not alone, but please remember the 3D IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! =D
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote        
I do know it's optional lol, whenever I'm not wearing my glasses I turn it off.
But I wouldn't buy a 3D console based on the fact I could turn the 3D off xD

I know of the ambassador program, but as I bought this off my brother.. He did buy his pretty early, but I'm not sure if he activated the shop in time, so I most likely won't get anything.

I agree with it being a flop though, 'cos I wanted one but I'd NEVER pay £200 for one, luckily I got it for £85, now I just need to wait for more games I want... I certainly wouldn't buy what games are out when they're either either "not interested" or "remake"..

I know people go on about Ocarina of Time being AWESOME but it's like "Yes. I know. I completed it like 3 times the first time, I'm not buying it again."

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote        
Ah yes I can understand that now. I wasn't sure if you knew or anyone else knew about the optional 3D, because believe it or not, some people don't think it's optional... xD;;;

Ummm, there is a website that you can go to that will tell you whether you're an ambassador or not. Here's the link, Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program.

I'm honestly not a Zelda fan, myself. And I'm not all gung ho for the remakes that they're releasing so I can understand where you're coming from. Though I do enjoy my Mercs very much so. c: I know some people are angry about the save data crap on it but I don't honestly care, I'm not trading mine in anyway.

My girl friend says that the Pac-man and Galaga is really good though, I haven't bothered playing with it yet. But you've got multiple modes that you can play in, so that's cool.

Street Fighter is good too, however if you already have SSFIV:AE then there's no point in buying it for your 3DS as well. You have trials you can do, you have all the characters unlocked so there's no unlocking to do. You can reassign buttons to whatever config you like. Or you can change the buttons to do special moves like hadokens and the such without having to put in the command to actually do the move.

If we get any other games of if you have any other questions about games or the system it's self just ask me. We might end up getting a game you're interested in or maybe my girl friend will know more about it. c:
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:48 am Reply with quote        
Well at the moment all I have is Nintendogs+Cats x3, which is actually enjoyable for me.. Makes no sense 'cos irl I don't really like dogs. Or cats.

I have seen the Pac-man and Galaga game though and it looks interesting, so if you ever do play through it, teeeell me, I'd be nice to know what someone thinks of it before I buy it o\

And time to see if I'm an ambassador =D Well, my brother...

EDIT: That's weird, it says the code starts with CW, this one starts with CE.
Eligibility: Undetermined. x-x

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:04 am Reply with quote        
Yeah I'm not really much of a dog lover irl, I LOVE cats to death but they're so useless in the game! xD;

Well my girl friend really enjoys it. And she's pretty good at determining a games worth in my opinion. *nod* But I will have to give you my opinion of it as well when I get around to trying it out. I did buy it for her after all. xD

Well you bought it off of him so it's now rightfully your system. So you put in CE and the numbers that followed and it told you undetermined..? DDDx

-My girl friend is telling me that people in the UK are getting undetermined statuses. She says to go to the eShop right now and check out the news page
there should be a thing about it also, to check the notifications in the home menu as well to see if any news on the ambassador program is present.

EDIT:
Also she said:
Quote:
"So the system's serial number is linked to Nintendo's database
I guess someone on a Nintendo forum said that they missed the deadline and called Nintendo
and they told em that the system's serial number was eligible for the program"

"also
if she wants to try again
tell her to enter the serial number without the boxed number at the end
seems like people are confirming their statuses that way too"

Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:15 am Reply with quote        
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh, good old UK, always forget about that kinda stuff.
I'll go in the shop in a bit, on Nintendogs doing the disc competition xD RUN DACHSHUND RUN!

EDIT: Still undetermined, I'll just need to check the eShop in a bit~
Silly UK, tiny blodge on the planet...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quote        
Well I hope you can figure something out! ouo

I have like so many Shiba Inus' it's not even funny... Er well I have:
Pineapple, Fox, Cirrus, Alexander, and Bayonetta. XD And then I have MooMoo, which is my scary and dumb cat. XD; I had a robo puppy but it scared me so I got rid of it. xD;; I might get rid of my cat too but I still have her for now.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quote        
I've not had the game for long, so I have my Dachshund which is freakishly fast, a beagle, and a normal cat... I wanted to name the cat after my friend and the others looked too weird to be him. o3o
Maaaan beagle can't catch xD

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Illusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:47 am Reply with quote        
I love my Shibas waaaaay too much, that's why all of my puppies are only Shibas, except for that robo puppy like I told you. ^^; I find the cats extremely creepy in the game, like when you go to visit them in the kennel they look at you like they're going to steal your soul or something... o____o;;;

Anyways, um if the eshop says nothing try calling Nintendo when it's like a normal time, I think you're like 6 hours ahead of me so it's like 10AM for you am I correct..? *has a friend who also lives in the UK* >__> And uh if it is true that your brother got it before the certain time then you should be added to it or confirmed by them that you're an ambassador, at least I would hope. c:

I'm going to head out for the uh night/morning. XD;; <333 Talk to you later and good luck with everything! *huggles*