Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
miara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote        
I wouldn't wear the bodice and the corset at the same time, that would just look silly. Haha.
But yeah, I was thinking something green for the corset as well. Partially because then my bosom buddy won't be TOO out of place. <3 He's green and brown and fluffy as all get up!
>w<
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote        
August 15th, 2011's Topic:

The Use of Cell Phones
miara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote        
It depends on what the cell phone is being used for. I recently got a new phone and I still kind of hate myself because of it. The phone has internet, and weird games, it's touch screen and just... Ugh. I don't see the point! Unfortunately, it was the only one I liked out of my choices.
I hate how much stuff they're trying to cram into phones these days. I honestly hate completely touch screen phones. People text and drive, they're GOING to text and drive regardless of how dangerous it is. Touch screen phones are WAY worse than keyboard phones.
I also hate how many young kids have phones these days. I understand lending your kid a phone while they're out, just in case. But 10 year olds with unlimited texting plans? WTF.
I could go on and on but my hand is cramping up. XD
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
I have an all touch screen phone now too, which is VERY annoying. My old phone at least had an end and call button and a little round "OK" button with arrows around it, now I can't even turn on my phone without pressing the top button.

Kids these days with phones is ridiculous. Why do they need a cell phone at eight?? They don't even know enough words to text at eight years old!

I love all the cool gadgets and games you can get now cause they're really fun, but there are times that I miss my very first phone, just the simplest little pink flip phone that went through so much. It was dropped, stepped on, kicked, thrown at walls and doors, dropped out the window, and went through the washer and the dryer and STILL lives, to this day, with the barest of scratches. They don't make phones like that much anymore.
miara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote        
Exactly!
They NEED to make more phones like that! I ran over my old phone once or twice on a pizza delivery and it still worked! As much as I love all of the features of this phone, I wish it was as durable as my old one. =(

And again with the kids with phones.. GAH. I just don't get it. D; It's so... Rah! I mean, I got a phone when I started highschool. It had no texts and 200 mins on it per month. I didn't get any higher than that until I got a car.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote        
Gosh, I remember my my dad's Nokia/Net10 phone. My dad ran that over with a dump truck on asphalt and it was fine. My brother recently got a phone that was part of Verizon/LG's "Rugged" line of phones. It seems like its pretty durable.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote        
Ahh, lucky, to both your your dad's (hehe) phone and the fact that your brother has Verizon. Grr. I have T-Mobile. Which isn't bad, but I love Verizon.

By the way, considering that here it is about 20 minutes to being tomorrow:

August 16th 2011's Topic:

Favorite Cookies (if you have a good recipe, feel free to post it)

Speaking of recipes and posting, if anyone has a topic they want people to discuss specifically, send me a message and I'll totally make it happen, I promise.

And if anyone has noticed, I come up with these ideas based on what I'm doing, hehe. Fairies, I was listening to a relaxation roleplay that involved Fae. Thunderstorms, I'm sure you can guess. Horror movies, I'm sure you can guess as well, I was watching Quarantine.

As mentioned before, LARPing, I had a LARP game that day, which by the way, was absolutely fabulous and fun, thank you for asking.

Use of Cell Phones, I did one of those, "Shit, need an idea, need an idea." I looked around the room and boom, cell phone, right there. It worked. Happy

And today's (night's? It's still technically evening) topic is because I'm 'bout to eat some Oreos and I haven't had them in forever! *squee*
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote        
August 17th, 2011's Topic:

Avatar: The Last Airbender (preferably the TV series, but we can talk about the movie too...disgraceful. x.x)
miara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote        
I never really watched either.
Well, I watched the TV show a little... But never ended up watching the movie. I heard it was terrible. Haha, but most movies are when they're taken from tv shows OR books.
Don't even get me started on movies based off of books. I mean, I liked Harry Potter and all but... Still... Gah.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote        
I am absolutely in love with the series, but the movie? I tried watching it today and gave up. Piece of shiiiii-it.
miara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote        
Ha, I heard pretty much the same thing from all of my friends that had been fans of the show.
It's always so sad when they try to do something good to a show by making a movie out of it and then just... Completely destroy it. D;
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly, I think they should remake it. That's what sucks is that, once someone makes a movie and it bombs, they don't remake it. Sure, maybe in ten, twenty years someone will go, "Hey, let's do an updated remake of that movie!" But usually, they only do that for GOOD movies, not the bad ones.

But if a movie bombs, and it's something that a LOT of people were banking on to be good, they really should remake it. It's the same with any piece of art (and yes, movies are art.) If it's bad, redo it. You'll most likely wind up with something better than the first one. Don't wait forever, just do it now!

And then again, if the SAME PEOPLE are remaking this bad movie, with the same actors and actresses and whatnot, it could still tank. I mean, for one, the pronunciation in this movie was way way off. Avatar was auh-vi-tar, Aang was auh-ng, Sokka was soo-kah, and so on.

Another thing. The actors didn't look ANYTHING like the characters. I get that during the process of finding actors to portray the drawn cartoon characters, it can get a little messy and mixed up. But Sokka and Katara? Yeah, in the show, they look sort of Native American-y. Darker skin tones, to say the least. These people were straight up WHITE.

Zuko, whom I was VERY disappointed in, as I had always had a stupid crush (yes on a cartoon character, don't judge) on Zuko, was I believe...I dunno, I could be off, but to me, he looked Indian, as in Hindu. His burn scar was barely noticeable; I didn't even realize it was supposed to be Zuko until he stormed into camp. Prince Zuko's most noticeable feature was that scar and his stupid top-knot style ponytail. In the beginning of the series, he has that ponytail and he didn't even have it in the movie! Plus, I didn't find the actor portraying Zuko handsome or attractive compared to the cartoon. I digress.

And Aang's tattoos were atrocious. In the series, it is a solid blue arrow tattoo. In the movie? They completely did away with both the blue and the solidity of it. They were these black swirly tribal looking tattoos in a shape that could be slightly reminiscent of an arrow, were it not completely broken up. Just like Zuko's scar, these tattoos were a very distinguishable attribute for Aang. They were, just like Zuko's "scar", almost unnoticeable.

All in all, as you can see, it was rather disappointing to me.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:20 am Reply with quote        
>>; Sorry I don't have much to say, heh. I guess I'm not as social as I used to be. I just wanted you to know I'm not ignoring you or anything!

I loved the Avatar series. Never watched the movie though - it looked like total shit. It's a shame too because I was really excited when I first heard about it...

What a wonderful contribution. Neutral

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote        
August 18th, 2011's Topic:

Glasses and Contacts
Reika

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote        
i wear rectangular black plastic framed glasses [like any other asian out there, lol]. But they're my favourite type of glasses I've worn so far because the frames don't twist.

I also wear toric contacts because of my slight astigmatism. But I seldom wear contacts because they make my eyeballs tired.

And for fun, I sometimes wear my white contact lens. They just white out the irises, so you can still see through the pupil-hole. Usually I would just wear it on my right eye underneath my glasses. :3
I'm telling you it's great fun. You're talking to someone and you turn your head slightly. I would never have thought people would freak out at this kind of thing since it's already 2011. xDD it's not that uncommon is it