Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Fun n' Games Theme Park
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
Umm, the second time had to get stitches, I guess. I was playing tag with some friends, and I slipped through a missing board hole in a fence to get away. Apparently there was a rusty nail sticking out, and it sliced me down the side of my calf. I have an epic scar from it.

When was the first time you tried baklava?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote        
approximately 3-4 years ago, it was home made and delicious. he made two different kinds, i forget what, but i enjoyed them both.

when was the first time you watched a youtube video?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
Oh god, probably 2006-2007? I know it was around sometime when I was in elementary school and Youtube looked more like a sad mess and nothing like what it looks like today.

When was the first time you went to an amusement/theme park?
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote        
Mmm, when I was really young, but the earlier I can remember was when I was 4. My dad won a goldfish from a booth and it died during the car ride home. Sweat

When was the first time you became attached to a video game character?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
God, I don't know how long ago, but it was a while. I've always like darker-and-edgier characters who are damaged goods, and the game Shadow the Hedgehog definately delivered. It certainly helped that not only is Shadow badass as hell (pretty sure he successfully commited xenocide that game), he's also way smarter than the rest of the Sonic cast put together. So I kinda got attached to Shadow. And Omega.

What doesn't help is that I came into the Sonic series at that time and loved the darker-and-edgier way it was going...but the nostalgia-filtered vocal half of the shattered fanbase were slightly bigger, leading Sega to ditch that side, go back to mostly-plotless only-Sonic-and-Tails, and my own enjoyment of the series has suffered. Why they couldn't continue the spin-off in tandem with the blue guy is beyond me...

When was the first time you found yourself hating the fanbase of a particular series you like/liked?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote        
Not a particular fan base, but a couple friends who are fans. They tend to hijack characters and lay claim to fictional hotties, and although it's conversation starting at times, mostly I just come to feel like I cannot be a fan of those series anymore. As a movie goer/reader, I make a special connection with characters in my own way, and then my own way gets trampled by Facebook posts about how everyone thinks they're exactly like Elsa and everyone else needs to know. Bitch, I do not see you shooting icicles.

I have no idea where this rant came from. ;<.<

When was the first time you were put under anesthesia (not including wisdom teeth)?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote        
Depends on the anesthesia. For the record, the 'no wisdom teeth' is incredibly easy for me because I don't think mine have even come through yet, let alone been remove.

The first time I had a general to knock me out was when I was about 6. I had Glue Ear, severe enough to need surgery. Of course, I could rant about the the teachers at school and the hospital staff, here. For starters, the person who anesthatised me was a jerk who kept telling my Mum to control me and me to stop crying because I was worried about about the injection, but her tone (telling us off!) just made me even worse. Prior to the surgery date, I was playing in the playground and the teacher rang the bell to tell us playtime was over. Glue ear ridden me couldn't here the bell or the teacher and kept on playing, only to get into trouble for 'ignoring' something I couldn't hear.

But I digress.

Anyway, first time under local was to get rid of a dead tooth I'd had since was two. Stupid me had done something stupid at that age and killed my front two top teeth. One fell out naturally along with my baby teeth, but the other was a persistant little bugger and stayed while my adult tooth meant for that place grew in behind it and pushed it forwards. I made really strange tooth marks in Babybel cheese. Anyway, it wasn't that long wince we'd realised that all the adult teeth were in and the dead baby one refused to come out that the dentist decided to pull it. I had a local and he tugged it out no problem. I might not have needed the local that much, though, as the dead tooth was so dead that I felt an ever-so-slight twinge just as it left. Seriously, I actually said 'Ow?' Question and all!

More hilarity regarding that trip: we were planning on taking me back to school after the tooth was out, but the dentist was worried I'd be too scared to allw it to happen. So, I had a diazepam (JUST ONE!) meant to calm me down. I didn't go to to school that day because I was hiiiigh as a KIIIIIIIITE!!!

If you discount the dead tooth removal (it being dead and the anasthetic not being as necessary puts it on the fence, I feel), then my first under local was a few years later. To let my teeth better fit my mouth, I went under local and had my lower left canine removed.

When was the first time you looked at a post on a forum and said to yourself 'That is way too long!'

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
Probably the first time I visited the Barton Town forum back on Gaia. Role players make these crazy long set-up postings that, by the time you've finished reading them, suck your interested in joining the role play right out of you.

I miss the days when role playing didn't have rules.

When was the first time you had a concussion (if applicable, or otherwise had a scary car incident)?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:36 am Reply with quote        
Uh...Oh boy, I've had at least 4 concussions that we know of throughout my 18 years. I think the first was when I was a little kid, jump-roping in the house. I tripped and got my head stuck in the rungs on the bottom of a kitchen chair. Had to go to the hospital to get it off and everything. XD

The second time was when I was still little, walking next to a friend who had a small metal baseball bat over their shoulder. Someone called them, they turned around, and whacked me in the back of the head with the bat. Fun times. Those were the two earliest, and I'm not sure which order they go in.

I don't actually remember what the third concussion was from...Huh. Probably marching band, getting whacked in the head with an instrument or flag...

And the fourth was a few years ago. I sat down on my bed and went to lay back to go to sleep. I apparently sat down too close to my headboard, which is more than an inch thick of solid wood. I smacked the back of my head hard enough to black out for a few seconds.

You'd think by now I'd have had some lasting significant brain trauma...Because docs have said that some of my concussions were like getting tackled/dogpiled without a football helmet on.

When's the first time you blacked out? Partially or entirely, where you were totally unconscious. (For example, I was totally out when I smacked my head on my headboard, but I was partially out when I had a fever of 105.4F in the doctor's office. They'd been trying to get a standing blood pressure and apparently I went totally unresponsive and collapsed. I was trying to tell them I needed to sit down, but they say I wasn't saying anything. It was one of the freakiest moments I think I've ever experienced. It was like I was a tiny person inside my head, looking out of my eyes like they were glass windows and trying to shout from inside at the other people around my body.)
_Ariana_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote        
Ooh. That was actually about eight/nine months ago? I was currently living with my grandparents on my mother's side, and it was like, maybe one in the morning? Both my grandfather and I had really messed up schedules, so around midnight or so we'd both have 'dinner'.

We had made fries, and I was cleaning the deep fryer. I had been having trouble sleeping and not really eating much, and at some point I must have taken a chunk of my finger off with a sharp part of the fryer's basket? It was kind of bleeding a lot, so my grandfather went to get a bandaid for it, and I was just kind of standing there staring at it trying to figure out when exactly that happened and how I had not noticed it earlier.

He came back with a bandaid and as he was putting it on, I apparently started blinking a lot and mumbling answers to his questions, and suddenly I just fell to the floor.

He was understandably freaked out although I was back on my feet a few seconds later looking around like '??? ?? ? ? what just happened?? ?? ?'.

Cue forty-five minutes of him performing every possible test{blood sugar, blood pressure, etc} he could from home. We never did figure out exactly what caused it, but I suspect it had to do with lack of food/sleep because I'm a dork.

ANYWAYS, when was the first time you got really into a subject, whether it be a school subject like astronomy/history or a fandom like Pokemon or Sherlock or something. :V
Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote        
The only thing I can think of (when I was young) would be a collection. Does that count? I collected anything that had to do with Harp Seals. My room was covered in merchandise and I even had seals painted on my walls. I was a weird kid.

When was the first time you went camping?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
(Don't worry honey, I was that strange little girl who was obsessed with cats to the point where her room was filled with so much cat-themed stuff there was little space for her, and whenever she moved houses, her classes always remembered her as 'The girl who loved cats'. Dark times, man. Dark times.)

The first time I can actually remember camping was with Girl Scouts, and my dad and I refer to that as the Death March camping trip. XD We'd been camping with several other troops in a huge campground in a field, next to like, some woods and mountains and stuff. The camping part was okay, but one of the days the leaders decided we were all going to go hiking up a mountain WHETHER WE WANTED TO OR NOT. (Here's a hint: NONE OF US WANTED TO, INCLUDING THE NON-LEADER PARENT CHAPERONES.) The trail was slippery since it had rained recently, so girls were falling and sliding around. Keep in mind, we were like Daisies or maybe Brownies, so like, kindergarten-3rd grade ages, plus adults. A bunch of us got really scraped up and hurt, to the point where my dad the retired EMT actually made us all stop so he could start bandaging up the hurt kids. When we got back to camp we basically sat there for the rest of the week in our tents and didn't do anything but make s'mores and do small activities that didn't involve getting up and moving around. I vaguely remember camping once or twice after that, but never again. I just...No. Never again. Ever.

So anyway, when was the first time you were dragged along to do something by an adult that you really didn't want to do? (Bonus points if it ended badly!)
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote        
I was dragged out of my mom. The next 25 years was a tragedy.

When was the first time that you went sledding?

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
I probably don't remember the real first time I went sledding, but the first time I can remember was at my cousins' house. They've got a huge hill for a yard that leads straight to the woods. There was probably 2 feet of snow, with a good 6 inches of ice on top, so it was ridiculously slick out. It was easy to go skidding at least 500 feet before hitting the woods, but it was almost impossible to crawl back up towards the house.

Although, thinking about it...That was with snow discs. I don't think I've ever used a traditional sled...

When was the first time you had a hair cut you deeply regretted?
Jaybird

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote        
The first haircut I ever regretted must have been when I was around 7-9 years old and I cut my hair into a short bob. I hated it and couldn't wait until my hair grew out again.

When did you see your current favourite show for the first time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next