Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote        
"O-oh, right, sorry." Aon blushed a bit, coming back down to earth as Lynette pulled away from him to return the basket she was holding. Then her arm was in his again, which was where he liked it. He began the walk, looking around. "We could go in the fields... or we could walk to the lake, though I suppose going there and back would take longer than noon meal." He paused to think. While his herd was one of the only herds who could easily make their way through the trees in the West Forest, it still wasn't the best place for even the most agile of centaurs to take a pleasure walk. Not to mention he didn't want Lynn to see how awful he actually was at navigating through West Forest trees. Hey, he had been a merchant his whole life, he didn't need to perfect that when he was constantly walking through easier terrain like the plains or East Forest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote        
Lynn noticed a red flush on Aon's cheeks when she slipped her arm back in place and smiled a little bit. She couldn't believe how.. sweet Aon seemed. Well, maybe sweet wasn't the right word, but he definitely looked cute blushing like that. She listened to him, and turned her head forward in thought. She couldn't decide where to go. As much as she'd love to go to the lake, and in the process spend more time with Aon, she felt like she shouldn't take up all of his day, as much as she'd love to. "Well I'd like to visit the lake, but I don't want to take up too much of your time. Shall we go to the fields then?" she asked, looking back to Aon's face.

((Took long enough, I know. SORRY))

::Shop::
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote        
((cough. she can't really see his face with his mask. just... y'know. saying >__> actually, blushing is one of the main reasons they wear masks xD))

Aon chuckled. "Take up my time? I've got tons of time, now that I'm back. It doesn't take too long to get some worker's products together. You should know." He shrugged a bit. "But I am okay with the fields." He remembered that the lake would involve showing Lynn how clumsy he was, and that wasn't very appealing at the moment. "On second thought, you're probably right about the... time thing and all that. Come on." He turned to head towards the direction of the fields. Hopefully Shota wasn't training the Warrior guild there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 am Reply with quote        
((Sometimes I just want to give up ._.))

Lynn sighed a little at the mention of work. She didn't like thinking about the impending trip she's have to take. And this time she'd have to find a protector too. "I always find it funny how I'm fine taking long journeys to strange herds, yet a small trip to a lake or stream nearby my own herd makes me get lost. You would think I'd know the way to the fields by now!" she said laughing a little. As much as she laughed Lynn hated how she didn't really know the area that well. And of course that was the first thing Aon had learned about her.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote        
((No you don't D<))

Aon smiled a bit. "Yes, I get lost sometimes, as well. I would use the herd's moving as an excuse, but this is our most commonly lived territory, so I suppose that won't really work." He glanced around at the working centaurs, and the various rising smoke from resting sites. There was already a slight bustle as some centaurs began preparing for the noon meal, and Aon was glad they'd be out of the noise and crowd before too long: and out of the herd's eyesight. More than a few centaurs sent the two of them prodding glances. He turned back to Lynn, ordaining to ignore them. They were allowed to their privacy; especially as merchants, they weren't at all obligated to update the herd on things they would just gossip about. "If you don't mind a change of topic, I'm rather interested... why did you decide to become a merchant?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote        
((They do know its rude to stare. God :| ))

"Oh" Lynn said, "Well, I never really had any other idea in my mind other than being a merchant, it kind of runs in the family. My mom and dad were both merchants who would travel together. When I was younger I would go with them all the time. I guess it just reminds me of those days and my family" she said smiling a little. "It was like an adventure for me. Although it seems much less glamorous now." Lynn realized she was starting to ramble. "Well, what about you?"

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote        
Aon chuckled. "Yes, it does kind of lose its... charm." He looked down at her at the question, thinking for a few seconds before responding. "Well, uh... I used to be a protector... like my brother. Back in our parent's herd. We joined Hallowind because Shota needed more protectors... but it soon became apparent that protectors were none too hard to find, and it was merchants that were lacking. I stepped up to the plate."

He smiled, growing a bit nostalgic over the memories. "Noa and I got into a huge fight about it... but he came around eventually. He always does. He hates traveling, but he's stubborn and refuses to leave me by myself." He snirked, shaking his head. "Overprotective older brother... you know how it goes. Er... maybe. Do you have any siblings?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
"Well, I actually don't know" Lynn replied looking at Aon. "I'm an only child. I think my parents always wanted another child.. but things just didn't work out. I'm close enough to Anthea that she feels more like a sister than my cousin. I doubt it's the same though." She said, a little distracted. She was surprised that Aon wasn't originally from Hallowind, and he had been a protector? "So, you were a protector with Noa? Must've spent a lot of time with him then." Lynn said laughing a little. "What was it like? I mean going form a protector to a merchant's a pretty big change, not to mention switching herds," she asked curiously.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh... well at least you have Anthea," Aon said slowly. "To be honest I think there may be quite a few benefits to not having any siblings." He smiled, though he was really only half-teasing.

"So, you were a protector with Noa? Must've spent a lot of time with him then." Aon shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. "I suppose, but much of our time as protectors was training, which meant I had a lot more interaction with others. Especially after Noa moved to the archery division. Though in general we do spend a lot more time together than most friends or siblings tend to... I suppose it's because we're twins, and all." He cleared his throat, realizing he was rambling, and he hadn't even answered Lynn's next question.

"I don't know... I didn't mind being a protector, I was quite good at it, not to be immodest. But I like adventure and traveling... and to be fair, I think being a merchant fits me much better. It really wasn't a difficult transition." They had left the herd's boundaries by now, making their way to the grassy fields. It wasn't like the plains; the grass here was well-nourished and richly green, and mostly short, thanks to their sheeps' grazing. They were only half a mile or so from the West Forest's edge, and Aon figured it would be good to follow the tree line, since it was obvious that neither of them would be very adept at finding their way back to the herd. Surely, with two merchants, they could find their way more easily than others who got lost, but he still wanted to avoid any unnecessary issues. Mostly because he was looking forward to a nice large noon meal.

"Enough about me!" he said gallantly, gesturing to Lynette with a flourish. "Tell me about yourself. I'm sure you're much more interesting. What's your favorite pastime, your favorite food... your favorite place?" He paused. "And anything else you can think of."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote        
((Thinking of backstory with a bad headache, not fun. If something doesn't makes sense, sorry.))

"Oh I'm sure you're just as interesting as I am, probably more so." Lynn said smiling. "My favorite food.. hmm..it'd probably have to be this dish I had while visiting another herd. Although I can't remember which it is," she said narrowing her eyebrows in thought. "It was mashed and cooked apples for applesauce, but it had some interesting spices added to it. I never would've thought to put them together. The man would only tell me that he put in brown sugar and mint. I think I saw him slip some nutmeg in, but I couldn't tell what else. It was surprisingly delicious for desert, and I honestly would love to go back and get some more. Maybe even work his recipe out of him" she said laughing a little.

"As for my favorite pastime.. I'm not sure. I didn't really tend to be in the same places and do the same things. Although wherever I was, I really loved being by the water." Lynn said smiling down at the ground. "The sounds of a stream running or the lake water moving with the wind always calms me. Plus, when I was traveling I could always entertain myself in a stream. There wasn't much else for me to do during my parent's trips beside helping my mom set up camp, so most of the time I was goofing around." Lynn said fondly. "I guess you could say the water's my favorite place, but I'm not that picky. I'd much rather be in a place I hate with the people I like than alone by the water." she said, tightening her grip a little on Aon's arm. She internally blushed as she realized Aon was quickly becoming one of those people. "Not that I don't like being alone, I can handle being alone just fine" she said quickly, "I've just been alone recently, and I've missed people I know."

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
((You shouldn't have responded right then if you were sick D< ))

"No, that makes sense," Aon reassured her, sensing her sudden anxiety. "You must be alone so much on your trips, of course you'd get lonely. I'm lucky that I have Noa..." He sighed, shaking his head. "I can't imagine what it must be like, to travel alone." Frightening, too. Merchants went missing more often than any other class; not only were they constantly away from their herds, they almost never traveled with more than two or three other centaurs, and they carried many useful, valuable items with them. It really wasn't hard to see the appeal of attacking one of them.

He sighed a bit, realizing how lucky he was to have his brother not only for company but for protection. He was one of the herd's best archers, and his aim hadn't let them down yet. Even that one time he had to shoot the rogue Aon was wrestling with, and there was a very narrow frame between hitting the other centaur, and hitting Aon.

"You must be very stealthy, or very very good at combat," he said, forgetting that Lynn couldn't read his mind and wasn't aware of the change of topic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote        
((I was bored and needed something to do while waiting for advil to kick in))

"Well, I'm not always alone on my trips. I just don't always have someone who can come with me. It would probably help if I went to meet some more protectors, I don't really know many." Lynn said smiling, but a little embarrassed. She always seemed to forget to do that when she came back... oops. She made a mental note to try to meet some during her free time. "But then again, I only go alone if I'm traveling to one of the herds I know really well, so that gives me some peace of mind. The few times I've gone farther out I've found someone to come with me. I'd love to find a protector to come with me, honestly. Much less to worry about." She admitted. Lynn knew it wasn't the smartest thing to travel alone, but she didn't feel comfortable asking a stranger to travel with her, even though it would probably be better in the long run.

"I'm definitely more stealthy than skillful at fighting. I'd probably hurt myself more than the person I'm attacking, I doubt I could overpower them," she said blushing a little. Lynn was definitely not among the strongest females in the herd. "You would definitely fare better than I would against someone."

(( Oh Aon, you so stroong~))

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Aon laughed, shaking his head. "Well that depends. I may be better at defending myself, but fleeing... there's been many times I wish I could just start running and outrun my attacker... but I'm not very fast, I'm rather cumbersome, and I'd also have to make sure Noa was keeping up with me. He's even slower than I am." He looked down at Lynn, then away again. He couldn't look at her too long, or he'd forget himself and start staring. "So we both have our strong points. It's hard to compare them, if they're both effective."

He flicked his tail in excitement, straightening a little as he saw the group of deer by the edge of the forest. They glanced over at the two centaurs, then returned to their grazing. "Oooh, deer. I forgot how elegant they were." Having spent the last two months in the Dry Plains, he'd missed the wildlife of the woods and wetland. In the prairie the only animals were prairie dogs, hens, and a bunch of little birds. Sometimes a coyote or two. Not the deer and owls and rabbits that one could spot here.