Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote        
Lynn watch the brothers wreslte around with her hand over her mouth to try to hide her laughter. After avoiding Now when he ran around the circle she looked at Jaide for a second. This situation was familiar.

Lynn grabbed her knife and started to peel away the skin. Her stomach started to rumble, so she cut herself a piece. She held it up and was about to eat it when a dark hand reached out to grab it.

"Hey! " Lynn shouted as she turned to glare at Anthea. "I've been waiting for you to wake up just so I could eat." Her eyes narrowed more as Thea grinned and popped the slice in her mouth.

"Oh just cut another slice! I'm off to wash up a bit."

"Don't expect us to leave any food for you."

" Wouldn't dream of it." Anthea said walking away with a washcloth in her hand. She stopped in her tracks and turn back around. "Oh, hi Noa and Aon." She said, giving a halfhearted wave before walking off again.

"Sorry.. she's crabby in the morning."

::Shop::
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote        
Noa blinked at the centaur who had stolen Lynn's peach, and now casually sauntered away. "...I'm sorry... who is that? And how does she know my name?"

"That's Anthea." Aon sighed at his brother's complete lack of face and name retaining skills, taking a peach and beginning to peel it. Sometimes he wondered if Noa didn't just walk around in his own little world surrounded by differently-colored-but-not-enough-differently-colored-to-be-recognizable blobs.

"That's Anthea?" Noa gasped. "Woooow she-" He stopped at the look Aon gave him. The her family is surrounding us you better not make a crude comment look.

Aon minutely rolled his eyes, then held out his hand for Noa's bowl. He placed it on the ground in front of him, cutting the slices so they'd fall into a line on top of the oatmeal. Then he handed it back to Noa, who gave the bowl to Jaide and took her un-peached bowl to hand to Aon.

OOC| 40% of my posts: passing around bowls.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
OCC: Is the herd too far away from the lake/river for it to make sense for Anthea to walk there and wash up? ._.

Anthea ran her fingers through her hair, trying to tame the mess that was her hair right now. God, she could barely stay awake! Note to self, don't stay up so late with Jaide. Never a good idea. Jaide had the tendencies to stay up late, later than Anthea liked. Although with Lynn off with Aon, it was nice to goof around with Jaide. As her hands started to run through the back of her head Anthea frowned when they got caught in a knot. Even with a short cut, her hair didn't like to cooperate.

Lynn was curious as to was Noa was about to say, but figured she shouldn't ask. Who knows what goes through his mind... and who knows if I would want to know what he's thinking. Lynn thought laughing a little in her head. She started to cut more pieces of what remained of the peach. She dropped the pieces in her bowl at her side."So what are you two up to today?" She asked to start up another conversation.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
Jaxim eventually woke up completely, and scarfed down the food that Vin'Dorai teased him with. His parents were around somewhere, already up and lively, as were all his sisters. The only one besides Jaxim that wasn't lively was Jace, and he didn't really count anyway. Jace never counts.

"Hey Jaxim!" Vin called, trotting up to him. She was, for some inane reason, going to try to chat with Jax. "You looking forward to the events today? Mom says that she's really excited for the..."Vin continued rattling on about the various goings-on that the day would undoubtedly bring.

Jax groaned slightly. He'd been awake for, what, two minutes? And Vin'Dorai was already talking about him working. It wasn't her fault, per se, but Jaxim really didn't want to think about it right then. He got to his feet, swallowing the last of the dried fruit he'd been munching, still not paying attention to Vin'Dorai's blathering, and started walking away from the resting spot. Jax liked to take a walk before breakfast, just as a way to get his body moving and start a rhythm for the day.

"Hey!" Vin'Dorai yelled as Jax walked off, "Wait up!" And she ran after him.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote        
OOC| They're too far away from the large rivers, but there are smaller ones around that she could find. She could go to the one Aon came from in my first post.

Also, Mal, you're in the wrong season xD. It's still the Harvest Season.

Aon had been busy slicing peaches into Noa's bowl, but he looked up at Lynn's question. "Oh. Um." What were they up to? It was actually a little discomforting to not have to start walking somewhere. For him, at least-- Noa couldn't be happier getting to wake up and stay in one spot. "I suppose Noa has plans to practice with the other protectors... or maniacally shoot his arrows or something-"

"Hey! I shoot with discipline and grace!"

"-but I haven't really thought about what I'd do. Maybe help forage or something." He shrugged, giving the peached oatmeal back to Noa and waiting for Lynette to finish with their two bowls. "But if- uh- you weren't... y'know, doing anything... we could- I mean..." He rubbed the back of his neck uncertainly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
Lynn fished out another peach and began cutting it while Aon responded. She placed the pieces into her and Aon's bowls in front of her. After the fruit was in the bowls she picked up one and passed it to him, waiting for his response. Toruth be told, she had no idea what she was doing today, and kind of hoped he would ask her to join him. Spending time with him seemed much more entertaining than tagging along with Anthea or Jaide. Not even back for a week and already she needed a break from them.

Anthea hummed a familiar tune of a ballad Jaide had recently been working on as she reached the edge of the campsites. She's been hearing it so much recently she swore she could sing it from memory! Though she couldn't carry a tune anywhere near as good as the bards could.
She entered the familiar woods and walked toward the small river. The woods seems so quiet compared to noises being made back at the herd. Thea really needed these moments away form the noise in the morning to really wake up mentally. Although as she noticed the sun was higher in the sky than it usually was from her routine, her slow stride quickened a bit. It dawned on her how much she slept in. The familiar sounds of the stream could be heard now, thankfully.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote        
OOC| Blargh, I can't find the posts with Syliin and I don't remember what color she was.

Syliin had been going to the woodsmith to see if he had time to fix her headrest, when she crossed paths with the infant she used to watch. But, well, he wasn't an infant any more, of course. "Jaxim!" she said happily. "How have you been?" He looked so old now, it freaked her out. Granted, she had just been an apprentice when she was watching him. That made her feel slightly better.

Aon smiled sheepishly, taking the bowl and glancing down at it before back up at Lynn. "If you aren't busy maybe we could go on a walk through the woods or something?" he blurted out, probably a little bit too fast. He hadn't wanted to give himself time to stammer, but now he was worried she hadn't even understood him. You're such an imbecile! He mentally kicked himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote        
Lynn finished the oatmeal she had in her mouth when Aon asked her a question. She thought for a minute, unsure fully if she heard him right. "Oh, well no, I'm not busy." She said, brushing her hair back with a hand " Actually, I'd love to go on a walk with you." Lynn said looking up and smiling.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote        
"Really?" Aon blinked at her. "Oh! I mean- no, that would be great!" He grinned at her, then realized after several seconds that he was looking at her for too long and turned away to shove oatmeal in his mouth to force himself to stop grinning.

Noa watched the two over the fire, then looked at Jaide and sighed. "He's not usually like this... just so you know." In fact, Lynn had turned his usually easy-going and charismatic brother into a puddle of shy, awkward stupidity. He pressed his lips together and glared subtly at her.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
Lynn's smile grew a bit when Aon quickly looked away. She didn't realize she found his little nervous tick.. cute. As she ate some more of her breakfast, she could feel a pair of eyes on her. She forced herself to stare into the fire and not at the eyes on the other side of the fire. She knew it was probably Jaide looking at her with a grin. She probably found Aon and her conversation amusing.

Jaide looked at Noa in surprise, not expecting him to say anything. She had been to busy watching Aon. " Oh really? What's he normally like? She asked, looking back at him. " I'm assuming he doesn't normally stutter when talking to a girl?"

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote        
Noa scoffed, finishing his meal and putting it down. "He doesn't even usually bat an eye at pretty girls. He keeps a strictly business relationship with almost everyone we meet." Except with him, of course. Noa had really been the only person who was close enough to be able to cause Aon any discomfort. And even though no one else cared, it was still something he was strangely proud of. But now this woman was ruining that.

Aon was in the middle of enjoying a peach when Noa came over and started pulling him to his feet. "Hey, I'm eating," Aon complained, but Noa simply tugged harder.

"Come on, I just remembered, we have to do the-- thing. With-- that person." He impatiently pulled the bowl from Aon and put it on the ground, then started dragging him away.

"What are you talking about?" Aon asked, reaching for his bowl only to be dragged away. Seeing no other choice, he turned to Lynn to give her a couple quick bows. "Thank you for your peaches! They were delicious!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote        
OCC: Ohh Noa. You're so smooth.

Lynn scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. What, why did Noa and Aon leave? She sat there for a few moments before her mind go it together enough to raise her hand to give a slight wave bye. She immediately turned to Jaide. "What the.. do you know why they left?"

Feeling apprehensive, Jaide decided to keep her thoughts to herself.
"I have no idea."

Lynn frowned slightly before composing herself. she shouldn't be so upset that he left, she ws going to see him later today for the walk. The thought cheered her up enough to bring a smile to her face.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote        
As they got farther from the campsite, Aon punched Noa's arm. "What is the matter with you?!" He hissed, then sighed. "You've been acting so weird lately."

"I've been acting weird?" Noa exclaimed. "Look at you! You're letting a girl turn you into a bumbling idiot!" He crossed his arms and turned his chin up slightly, ignoring the slight smirk on his brother's face.

Aon continued walking silently for several long minutes before deciding to enlighten Noa on the fact that, "You know you made me leave your knife back at their fire, right?"

Noa came up short and looked back at the small fire, now rather far off in the distance. "Crap!" It was too late to go back and get it now, especially the way he had stormed off like that. He grit his teeth and tried not to start whacking Aon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote        
Jaxim was half-listening to Vin'Dorai's rant about how it totally wasn't fair of Jace to insist he sleep right next to her. Apparently, the fact that Vin is old enough to set a broken leg should be enough to get her father to realize she can sleep at least a few feet away. Jax wasn't paying attention, but he did agree that he wouldn't want Jace to be in extremely close proximity for an extended length of time.

Jax was nodding along half heartedly when his name was called, jerking him from his reverie. It was an older centaur (not OLD old, but slightly older) whose mask he struggled to place. Oh yeah, his old caretaker. The stories she must have to tell...Jax made mental note to never let her talk to Vin'Dorai about his younger years. Vin already teased him for his muteness, no need to give her more things for her to use.

Jax smiled back at Syliin, although she probably couldn't see it behind his mask. That was Jaxim's main problem with the masks; he couldn't use his facial expressions to answer questions, and he never felt like bothering with the ceremony of taking it off to answer a simple question. Instead of giving Syliin a good answer, he shrugged his shoulders and bobbed his head from side to side, saying something along the lines of 'Alright.' Sylinn knew enough Jax-speak to be able to interpret his movements.

Vin'Dorai watched the exchange, surprisingly quiet. Just when Jax was going to ask Syliin how she'd been (silently, but he'd find a way to get his point across), Vin draped her arms over Jax's neck, interrupting his mime.

"Hi!" she said brightly, "I'm Vin'Dorai, Jax's cousin. Nice to meet you! I've seen you around, haven't I? Caretaker, right? Did you take care of Jaxim? You have to tell me about all the stupid stuff he did." Vin giggled as Jaxim hung his head, sighing heavily.

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
Syliin smiled at Jax's answer, not even realizing he hadn't replied vocally. "That's good, then! I haven't seen you in- oh, months now. You must have hit a growth spurt!" She laughed, gesturing to the top of his head to show her meaning. Jaxim seemed about to say something else when another centaur popped up. "I'm Vin'Dorai, Jax's cousin. Nice to meet you! I've seen you around, haven't I? Caretaker, right? Did you take care of Jaxim? You have to tell me about all the stupid stuff he did." Wow, this girl sure had strong lungs. "Oh... yes, you've probably seen me, but I'm so busy I rarely notice anyone around me." She smiled a bit. "It's nice to meet you, too. I'm Syliin." She paused, then shrugged. "He never really did anything stupid."