Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 am Reply with quote        
The centaur in my signature. If I made those into adoptables for people, would anyone buy?

Doctor stop freaking making so many topics no one cares about you. I'M SORRY THIS WILL BE MY LAST ONE FOR A WHILE OKAY Dx

They would also be breedable/changeable. So they'd have a younger stage.

Others I've made:
Male Line Art
Male Draft Line Art (the horse's body is stockier and has leg feathers)
Female Draft Line Art
Random Example
Random Example

I'm sorry they aren't shaded. They also all use the same line art, with some minor changes (items, clothing, etc). I'm just super lazy. But also, my art style and skill changes significantly from day to day, so this ensures that everyone gets the same quality adoptable.

I'm thinking they'd have four stages: Infant - Child - Adult - Ancestor (some special stage that'd need a bit more effort to reach, so most people's adoptables would stop at the adult stage anyway).

I have no clue what to charge. I'm terrible at pricing things, especially my own art. Right now I'm thinking in the ballpark of 500 to 1500 silver. Remember, you get three possibly four different art for this price x___X so it might not seem as expensive as first glance suggests.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:52 am Reply with quote        
OMG DEITIES RUNNING AROUND!

Ugh, sorry, I'm not fully alive awaken yet. Sweat

Those are actually really nice.
I've not seen adoptables sold on this site before, except maybe some small pixel ones with only one stage, so I'm really not sure about pricing them. That and I'm not sure how many people are still buying art/ would be interested in those...

Dunno, maybe doing an auction would be the easiest way to see if people are interested and how much they are willing to pay?

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote        
o__o;; confuuuused.

Hm. That sounds like a good idea... but I'm not sure how many people look at auctions. I know I, personally, really only look at shops and pretend auctions don't exist xD. It'd be harder to spread awareness about the auction in a designated amount of time, than just having a shop where people can come and go.

But.

I do like the idea of an auction. Hrrmmmm I don't like making decisions -flops around like a fish-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quote        
Hmmm. Well since this thread seems to not be getting any where, I guess I shall do an auction .___. let's see how badly I can get this to fail Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote        
What the... I was sure I answered something! Shocked

Hm, sorry about that first part. It just happens that Mido's deities are centaur (or at least they appear as so). Story is here, although it needs to be updated with more recent stuff.

Getting attention can be a bit hard at first. Although, if you put something in your signature or something like that, and then post a lot in the forums, well, surely some people will notice. I can't guaranty they will be interested, but yeah, that's the whole point of doing an auction, so..

*runs off to see your art thread*