Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
jojomade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote        
I don't want to sound like I am judging you or anything but maybe you should seek some help to get through all that stuff. Like sly said I am the last person who should be giving such advice seeing as I should be seeing a therapist or something, but maybe they could help you work through some stuff and find a place where you are happy.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote        
It probably sounds dumb, childish, and a bit stubborn, but I don't want to see a therapist. Mainly because this is who I am. It may make me a psychopath, it may make it hard to connect to people in person, and it may make me miserable at times, but there's still elements I don't want changed. I have an inflated self-worth, but it helps me cope with depression and it helps me smile in tough times. I may eat when I'm tired or just bored, but the insight into tastes, textures, and food in general that comes with it is invaluable and a part of me. I may not be able to make a move with a lady, but that stops someone who may want to just force themselves onto me and leave something I regret. Everyone has their demons, and I have more than my share of them, but sometimes I enjoy hearing what they say. I also have my share of angels to balance them out. It gives me the insight to look at things from more than one angle. I rarely judge situations without doing my research, and, while it leaves me action-less, it saves me from making more mistakes. Life is a journey, and I always forget to enjoy the ride. But then again I never liked roller-coasters.
‎"Life's a game. Most of the time you are one of the pieces, but you should always be prepared to take your turn when you become the player." -M. Lachkovic

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
neomattlac wrote:
It probably sounds dumb, childish, and a bit stubborn, but I don't want to see a therapist. Mainly because this is who I am. It may make me a psychopath, it may make it hard to connect to people in person, and it may make me miserable at times, but there's still elements I don't want changed. I have an inflated self-worth, but it helps me cope with depression and it helps me smile in tough times. I may eat when I'm tired or just bored, but the insight into tastes, textures, and food in general that comes with it is invaluable and a part of me. I may not be able to make a move with a lady, but that stops someone who may want to just force themselves onto me and leave something I regret. Everyone has their demons, and I have more than my share of them, but sometimes I enjoy hearing what they say. I also have my share of angels to balance them out. It gives me the insight to look at things from more than one angle. I rarely judge situations without doing my research, and, while it leaves me action-less, it saves me from making more mistakes. Life is a journey, and I always forget to enjoy the ride. But then again I never liked roller-coasters.
‎"Life's a game. Most of the time you are one of the pieces, but you should always be prepared to take your turn when you become the player." -M. Lachkovic

I can understand not wanting to go to a therapist for these things... but at the same time, I /did/ go to a therapist for my anxiety and issues with social interaction, which are very similar to your's. Future aspirations not included, though. And it really helped me. I'm not all fixed, but I don't think my therapist really "changed" me. She helped me change things I didn't like about myself. I mean, I still battle with all of those things you are afraid of when it comes to people. It's just easier to manage. But -shrugs- no one can force you... in this circumstance. Just giving my opinion.

Also, hi Jojo Smile Glad to see you back, and sorry I haven't been very active. College zaps my energy for online interaction quite a bit.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Let's just put it this way. I once did get myself basically out of the social anxiety pit-holes. Just a summer alone, in my room, with just the net, but me back into it. I'm slowly working my way out and I have some really good days.

jojomade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote        
Hi Weaseldale Wink I understand tired let me tell you. Between helping with my uncle who is disabled, my cousins twin baby girls who are 1 year and a half now, keeping an eye on my nana who had a heart attack, keeping an eye on my mom who has high blood pressure and anxiety issues and is finally back on her meds and dealing with family drama. yea i'm tired. I'm tired just thinking about it now. I think I need a nap.
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote        
Makes me tired just too read about all of that. x.x I hate having to deal with any kind of drama, especially family drama. But. Twin baby girls sounds extremely cute c:

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Reika

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote        
GAh. All the cute little matching dresses. >w<

... and all the opportunities for them to stand in hotel hallways silently, wearing white dresses and no emotions. I would totally get in on that if I had little twin girls. So. Cute.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote        
Speaking of opportunities, I really need to find some time to spend with my girlfriend. Haven't gone out on a date since the semester started.

Anyways, how have your lives been?

Reika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote        
Ah, go out with her quickly !
A friend of mine just broke up with his girlfriend because they weren't going out. Even though it was a couple really busy months, what with graduation coming up and demo reels being due, she could have held on. Fuuuu
He became so glum. :'C

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
Going out Saturday.
Probably not going to work out.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote        
You shouldn't talk like that, you know. It'll become a self-fufilling prophecy. Jab
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
Well, maybe I don't want it to. I don't know. I spend so much time thinking about it and she's sitting right next to me.

Reika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
You guys should go work out together :3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
But she'd out-... everything me!
She's fit, does track, snowshoeing, etc. but I can barely run 1/5 of a mile.
And I haven't been too good at keeping up with my workouts. I need a new bike seat and pedals. According to my dad, I now I permission to mess with the five bikes until I have at least one working bike.