Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Which would you be the most interested in?

Which would you be the most interested in?
Midorea-based Youtube videos
35%
 35%  [ 85 ]
Midorea-based streams
12%
 12%  [ 30 ]
Midorea's Facebook page
36%
 36%  [ 87 ]
Midorea's Twitter account
7%
 7%  [ 19 ]
Other (please specify)
7%
 7%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 240

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote        
Let me clarify by saying that we are in no way trying to draw attention away from Midorea. Our thoughts on external social networking are simply that by utilizing other, popular websites, we can not only attract more members, but we can also intergrate Midorea into our daily lives. Let me explain each option:

Youtube videos could contain walkthroughs for various parts of the site, recorded streams, and addresses to the community.
Streams would feature anything from live interviews of the participating staff, where we would answer questions concerning the site, to simple chatting. Streams could be recorded upon request and uploaded to Youtube for future reference.
Facebook is currently under-utilized. The page could release exclusive previews of events or updates on projects.
Twitter, which is already used a bit, could be given more focus to include random giveaways, updates and previews on projects.

Again, focus will not be shifted from Midorea to these other websites. I am asking for feedback to see which of these, if any, would interest the userbase the most. One to all to none of these features may be utilized in the future depending on the votes and discussion taking place here.

Please remember to vote and post so that we can get your full opinion on the matter. You may also post suggestions for other features, uses of the features, or even account names for future accounts. Thank you for your time.
ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote        
I chose facebook on account of it being my most frequently visited website. It's one of the things I check pretty much daily. Facebook would also be a good place to broadcast news, and in particular if there is any scheduled downtime (like the server move we just had) the facebook page can be updated to let the users know what is going on, when the site should be back online etc.

Saying that, I also really think Youtube could be good for walkthroughs and such.

Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 pm Reply with quote        
I'm voting for Facebook only cause its moe simple to log on for me. Since I've abandoned my twitter and apparently my youtube now. xD

Though I've never really been in the stream/podcast type of world, I'm interested in it and we can be kinda geeky since most common interest sites have them.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
Alright, does anyone have any name suggestions for our Youtube account? Cat suggested MidoreaDOTcom.

Shizukesa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote        
im honestly not at all interested in any of the related ideas to this poll im more interested in adding features to the site rather than spend time on this.

Vidd187

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote        
You tube

Id like to see get togethers to like a Midorea convention of some sort.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote        
I understand your thinking completely, Shizukesa. If I could code or pixel things then I'd definitely do it, but since I'm not that talented I decided to do something that I'm good at: communicating with everyone. :] We can release as many new features as we want, but it wouldn't be nearly as rewarding if we didn't have a strong enough connection with the userbase to see what they think. At least, that's my thinking. ^^; But I can assure you that the focus of the site will never shift toward things like this; it will always be on you all.

Vidd, that'd be awesome, but we're not big enough to warrant a convention. xP

Radioactivity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote        
It's somewhat off topic (I voted for Midorea Facebook) but I think some time in the future you guys should add on a friend list sort of thing, because right now I feel strangely disconnected (in sorts) from other members of Midorea
Not to say that I feel like a loner, because I don't, but I do remember when I first joined I was somewhat confused by the fact that there wasn't a friend list on here... And I felt lonely ;_; I dunno, it's just a thought~
Laugh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
*huge breath*

TUMBLRRRRRRRRRR

Yeah okay. It's like twitter, but more inclusive, and user friendly. You cna also make blog posts and such for news, and post videos,a nd link it to twitter feeds and everything.

It's pretty much a catch all Happy

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quote        
*agrees heartily with Atraea on this one*

FYeahMidorea would be pretty awesome to have around. And the link isn't taken yet!

Freshie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote        
Aaha I love how I didn't think of that, given I know a few of us are on tumblr and whatnot. xD

Lilykin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote        
I am all over an FYeahMidorea. Tumblr is addictive. :P

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote        
I vote for Facebook. I don't really pay attention to videos or streams or anything like that. Twitter, I use on occasion and it would be good for there to be some attention for that as well, but my main vote is for Facebook.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote        
I voted for facebook because I frequent there a lot and would get the notifications and updated faster than thorough my e-mail, which is rarely checked haha.
Rosaria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote        
I am with Atraea, a Tumblr would be fantastic. I don't really get onto any of the other sites listed, but Tumblr is an addiction.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next