Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm Reply with quote        
In the past few months... well, quite a bit has happened, but only three things matter to you right now:

1. I've become a bit of an astrology buff, although I'm still learning.
2. I've run into an enormous amount of free time.
3. I need a creative outlet.

I'm not here to convince you of the significance or reliability of astrology. In fact, I'm not even sure about what I think of it. I am, however, impressed at the depth of character that natal charts represent. (If you're not familiar with the term, this is my natal chart, as an example.) I'm also fairly sure that if any of you were to look deeply into the subject, you'd be impressed too. Does this validate astrology in any way? Of course not, but it does provide an excellent starting point for writers who have reached a dead end, like myself.

I'll be creating a character strictly through the use of astrology - I personally have no clue about what they're going to be like yet. Come March 1st, I'm going to begin writing their story with daily horoscopes as a guideline. (These will be more personalized horoscopes than the general Aries or Cancer ones, obtained from http://astro.com.) Every day, for a full year, I will write one new chapter in this character's life and post it here on Midorea for critique/feedback.

I'd like to invite any of you to join me. This isn't a contest (although if enough people are that interested, I could make it a contest) but just the chance to try something new. You can approach it in any way you please, although these are my personal rules:

• 1 chapter a day, following the character's horoscope. (If I miss a day, I am to make it up whenever I write again.)
  • The main character's natal chart and written information are to be posted here before the story begins.
  • If a new character enters the story, they are to have AT LEAST a sun sign and an ascendant, which will be posted in this thread.
  • Sub-characters' sub-traits (wow) will be posted in this thread as they are made clear.
  • Sub-characters will have to follow their daily horoscopes on the days that they are included in the story.
  • I do not have to strictly adhere to the characters' charts or horoscopes; they are merely meant to be a guideline for the story.
  • Characters will behave as completely normal people, meaning that they will not be aware of/care about astrology unless something in their chart indicates otherwise.

If anyone thinks of other rules to add, feel free to speak up. Smile And if you have any other ideas, feel free to express those too.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm Reply with quote        
Here is some very basic information about astrology, in case anyone is curious and doesn't want to sift through a website.

Signs
This part doesn't really need an explanation, but I'll provide short descriptions anyway.

Aries is the ram - fiery, impulsive, independent
Taurus is the bull - steadfast, obstinate, patient
Gemini is the twins - inquisitive, versatile, fickle
Cancer is the crab - protective, possessive, caring
Leo is the lion - haughty, extravagant, overbearing
Virgo is the virgin - critical, practical, analytical
Libra is the scales - diplomatic, charming, narcissistic
Scorpio is the scorpion - secretive, jealous, understanding
Sagittarius is the archer - philosophical, tactless, frank
Capricorn is the sea goat - dutiful, loyal, selfish
Aquarius is the water bearer - social, detached, eccentric
Pisces is the fish - imaginative, compassionate, guilty

Planets
Planets are determined in one's chart based on their position in the sky as seen from the location of the birth at the time of birth. Imagine a ring of zodiac signs around the Earth (kind of like this and seeing tiny planets within various signs.

Each planet has an individual "energy" that is expressed in different ways depending on where in the zodiac wheel it falls. Here is a list of the general "energies" that the planets represent.

Sun signifies the driving force and potential
Moon signifies instinct and emotions
Mercury signifies communication and thought
Venus signifies desires and attraction
Mars signifies determination and assertion
Jupiter signifies growth and ideals
Saturn signifies tradition and restrictions
Uranus signifies originality and reform
Neptune signifies spirituality and deception
Pluto signifies transformation and instincts

I tried to keep things as short as possible, so if you need anything cleared up, feel free to ask. Smile

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved for characters.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
Poor planning forces me to wait until the summer to start. I need to focus on school right now.

Rhemiyl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:12 am Reply with quote        
Stellar idea, ignore the pun. I can't wait to see some work. I hope a chapter per day isn't too overbearing for you. I tried getting at least a sketch a day finished and even though I'm drawing daily, I feel it's too much work submitting it all (I'm super OCD about it).
Either way, this sounds like a fun idea. If it's coming along well enough, I just might have a whack at it. ;{D

Art Shop!Item ShopChat with me!Open for RP!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote        
Bleh, so much has come up. But I need an outlet for my emotions, so I'm gonna try to jump on this again. I'm not happy with the character I made before though, so I have to re-create one. XD Oh well.