Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote        
SO! Last april they decided to remake ffVII for the ps3!!!!! i have been waiting for this for a while and it took them three years to decide on it! Not only was it the best game in the line of games but they came out with the most of the brand! better grapcics! I wonder if they are going to put the things taken out of the original game. i doubt it but that would be so awesome no???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
moved this to city hall, since i'm not fure FF counts as a serious topic... tho i'm sure there are those that would disagree XD lol.

anyway - "proof or it didn't happen" - do you have a link to somewhere actually confirming said remake is happening? only, it comes up again and again and people fail to realise the answer was not YES, it was "maybe at some point in the future". and tbh if it has been confirmed for almost a year... my brother would have told me by now, surely Neutral

nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
http://www.toy-tma.com/electronic-toys/video-games/final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Happy its everywhere if you type it in on google Smile my friend ty told me they already decided on it last year and i didn't believe him

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote        
there is nothing in that article that confirms it.
in the first paragraph theres a sentence that links to a Kotaku article, in which SE peeps have said they will "explore the possibility" - that doesn't mean it's happening.
also, note the date of the article you linked - April 1st.

nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
i found it once i typed it in at goole..i cant find it now.... but i saw a site that they had confirmed a remakes and the creators of ff13 were going to do the remake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote        
like i said... it's simply not true. according to the comments on the article you linked, pretty much a ton of gaming websites all pulled the same prank, because it's a surefire way to wind people up XD

they DID remake the opening FMV from the original game, using PS3 quality graphics.. and i must say it is quite stunning. but they made that as a tease, with no promises to actually remake the game.

nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote        
if i could find the original article it would help, it says that they announced the remake will happen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote        
Dear I am afraid like most people that have been waiting for said remake to happen have been punked.

I say this because they have been doing this since they came out with Advent Children. Then there was more talk of it as soon as Dirge of Cerberus came out. Then it died again; they bring it for short periods typically around the beginning of April in order to get people stirred up.

Seeing as the only thing I have seen remade was the opening trailer of it and it does make you go OMG THEY ARE REMAKING YAY. It simply isn't the truth at this time.

That and it would have had something at the 2010 E3 game listing website. The only Final Fantasies they list for the end of last year into this year are FFXIII, FF: Hero's of light, FF (Title not available) And FFXIV online.

I typically only Follow Zelda at the E3 site but decided to do a bit of research after reading this topic. So I am going to have to agree with ecco on this at this point without an article that wasn't posted on April 1 that you've been punked.

Here's a link to the E3 game listing for verification. http://e3.gamespot.com/games.html?page=6

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote        
Thankyou for backing me up on this Koyi.

this is the trouble with the internet... things get posted as a wind-up, and people end up taking it seriously -.-; i mean c'mon, there was a student who made a fake news article online saying that Dave Grohl was dead as a prank on his friend who is a HUGE fan of him. then it spread like wildfire and dave grohl was like "what?? i'm not dead wth is going on! o.o" lol

so yea. you need to pay more attention to what you're reading, really... just because something says its "confirmed" doesn't make it so. you need to look at official websites ie square enix's, or like koyi mentioned the E3 website, and see what you find there. if there is nothing, it's safe to say whatever you read beforehand was a dud. there's nout more to it than that.

nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
eh... guess ill do some more research on it next time before i open my mouth then.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote        
Ahhh another poor soul encapsulated by these rumours.
Im pretty sure they once released a statement saying they would never remake it, or the only remake they were going to / have done would be a version on the psp, or something.

Just wish they would realliance themselves with nintendo, where their roots are.
I understand they re-released those crappy versions of the decent SNES ones on the DS, but they produce most of their games for Sony now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote        
sony seems to have an older target market than nintendo tho, which i think suits final fantasy better XD

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:53 am Reply with quote        
Eeehh, I used to love Final Fantasy but now I'm just bored of it, don't like the games anywhere near as much as I used to.

In my opinion it's better for them to move forward and try to make something better, rather than remake old ones. Then people will just think "Guess they've really run out of ideas now, eh? Roll Eyes"
(Never really liked FF7 much either...)

However I still love the FF Tactics games, on the Gameboy... So it still has plenty of potential for other consoles.

Wouldn't really like FF on the Wii, they did have one, that second version of the Crystal Chronicles... It really wasn't good. Then again, I'm not a fan of the Wii much anyway.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote        
:O Final Fanstasy Vii Will never die!!! it had such an amazing game plot ^^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
http://www.toy-tma.com/electronic-toys/video-games/final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Im sorry it does say tht its confirms >Sad I wanna believe it!!!! Please just egg me to believe it