Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic [Project looking for people] Midorean Stories... sorta...
Kuma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote        
So, I'm bored, and stuck at school with nothing to do before my other classes starts in 2½ hours... which leaves me plenty of time to create some new projects that may or may not really exist... but anyway...

First, I'm Maeve. I just don't log with my main at school, mainly for safety reason, and also because I can't remember my password orz...

Second, I'm guessing you are here to know what this project is about, so I'll try to explain it as clearly as possible. Feel free to ask questions, leave comments and ideas, and discuss stuff. I'm just thinking this up as I write, or writing as I think, so it's not a very well-defined project yet.

I've been thinking for a long time about writing the story of my character (or characters, if I decide to include my mules in it). Or maybe making some comics/manga with it, but I'll have to write the story first anyway. Basically, it'd be the story of my character in Midorea, where it goes, what happens, etc.

Now, you might be wondering why I'm saying that here. Well, it's simply because I was wondering if anyone would like to participate to that project thingy ('cause I know that if I do it alone, it'd take a while/never happen). Writers are mostly what I'm looking for, but also just characters (i.e. you give me a definition of your character, and I include it in the story in some way, if possible). Writers would get to participate in any way they want, either using their own characters or just writing what other people's characters are doing, and would obviously get more important role in the story (meaning main or important secondary character)... if they want, of course.

This is not a role-play!
It's more like a collaborative story, where the group of writers discuss what they want to do, then one of them writes a part of the story, then they discuss some more, and another writer writes another part of the story, etc.
The characters would be loosely based of our Midorean character (the character sheet that appears when you click "character" at the top of the page), but some things could be changed to make a better story. They would be defined at first by their owner, but would then be used by any and all the writers in any way they want (of course following the personality and characteristics of the character).

So... I'm looking for a few writers, maybe two or three (not counting myself). Those would be the "official" writers, meaning they are the only ones that could/will have to write parts of the story. So, they should be willing to invest time and efforts in this, and have some writing abilities (I'm not asking for perfection, just no chatspeak and typos every two words). Oh, BTW, the story would be mostly action-based, and not too serious (not funny all the time, but just not dark all the time either).

You can now post if you have something to say about this project. I'm not really looking for ideas about the story itself right now (that will come later), but I want to see if people are interested by this and if some other writer want to participate.

Possible writers:
  • Maeve
  • Chu
  • Keylaleigh
  • Malfise

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
Would I be eligible for this, considering I help write Midorea's storyline? >//> Cuz if so I'd be really interested.

Although you'll have to deal with my rusty writing skills. =D

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote        
Yay, someone is interested!!! Weeeee

Hm, I guess you'd be eligible for this. Big Grin
Or at least I don't see why you wouldn't, so...

I think I can deal with rusty writing skills. I mean, mine are getting pretty rusty too anyway... Jab

So, I don't think I'll have much time to start this before spring break (somewhere around March 15th), but we can start throwing ideas for plot and stuff in right now if you want. Happy

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
Alright! :3 I'm pretty spaced out right now, so why don't you begin with your ideas?

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote        
It would be nice to re-attempt at the Midorean chronicles again... I just kinda lost steam before it even began.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote        
@ Chu: Because I don't have any? Hai

No, seriously, I'm not too sure where to begin this thing. Sorta depends of who's taking part in it too.
But basically, I see this more as a travel/action story, with our little group exploring Midorea through various adventures, although I don't really know how that adventure/travel should start.
Maybe, since my character (and I'm guessing yours) are lower deity-thingies (I don't necessarily want to put much emphasis on the deity status), and thus are supposed to watch over Midorea, some kind of event could require them to go somewhere and team together... or something. Though, my character was a nomad before, which could also explain the need/desire to see the world...

@ Keyla: Yup, I always thought it'd be nice to have some kind of story taking place in Midorea, outside the events and official stuff. Plus it could get the writing forums a bit more active, which would be nice. ^^

So, want to be part of our little writing team? Big Grin

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
I honestly never put much thought into my character before, so I can change her to suit the story in any way that you need, or I can just start by making her and we can go from there. (I was planning on re-making my in-game character anyway.)

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
I'd be more than happy to be a part of the team.

Time to revive the old Nox character!

Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote        
Sorry for the late reply... Sweat

Well, I guess it could be easier to get an idea of where to start this thing if we knew a bit more about each other's character(s), just so we can figure out a good situation for them to meet and all that.

It doesn't really need to be well-defined for now (although it could be nice too), but just a basic "what's your character like, what does he/she do for a living, etc." description should be enough to start... I think. I've never really done something like that before, so yeah, I'm not too sure how it should/will work. Hai

*does happy dance because Keyla joined* Weeeee

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote        
Well, the old Nox Keylaleigh was a gambler and a rogue that just happened to be thrown into a whole bunch of political intrigue because she went outside just in time to be accused of a murder that she didn't commit.

I'd like to keep that character similar for this one, only maybe without the political intrigue right away.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote        
I always thought this was a really cool idea! If only I could write, then I'd participate... OTL

But yeah... I hope this goes somewhere. ^^

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote        
I guess that kind of character could easily fit in Midorea, so it should be fine. But yeah, maybe without the political intrigue at first.

Ugh, I need to finish some school work first, then I'll see if I can build my character a little and post a general description of her. And then we will hopefully be able to find a situation where we can all meet, etc., etc. Hai

Thanks Ace Bouncy Heart

Kuma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote        
I haven't forgotten this!!!

I'm just a bit busy right now, so I don't have much time to write, but I'll try to work on something for this project when I get some time.

Feel free to post ideas and discuss stuff in the meantime. Wink

Art by Boku wa Kuma
Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote        
Hey there Smile

I'm a little newbie, but I enjoy writing and I'm good at it. If you still need people, I'd be interested in joining...though I haven't created a character yet... /joined like five minutes ago > >
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
Must. Remember. Project. Duh

Well, seriously, I forgot about this project thingy during the summer... Sweat
But I'm still interest by it (and hopefully some other people are too). I just need to place my thoughts first (well, mostly my character(s)).

*gives Malfise a cookie for showing interest*

Bah, I don't think this will start right away, so you still have plenty of time to work on your character (or it can always be a random character, as long as it fits in Mido's setting). Wink