Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

What do you think about this idea to help Midorea?
Holy crap, thats an awesome idea! I wanna make/buy crafts!
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Oh, thats not a bad idea, I could see it working out.
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
I don't know where this fence came from, but I'm on it.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Eek, I don't think this would really work. :/
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This is a bad idea, stay away from it!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote        
Hello, I was hoping to discuss an idea I had to help Midorea, in mostly the donating part, but it could also help the community continue be tight nit as it has been. :3

I'm thinking of putting together an "art" shop here on Midorea, but unlike drawings, its real life handmade art that you can receive in the mail and have to keep and parade around your Midorea pride.

[Freshie's idea]
I love crafts, mostly fabric [maybe even paper] crafts. And I've been thinking, of sharing my [somewhat amateur] crafty hobby with everyone else on Midorea. :3

And long ago I made a little Midorea lotus leaf for a contest. And so basically I want to do is, make little Midorea lotus leafs for all [or well a few depending on supplies I have]. So I would be sewing together these little things, and sending them out to you in snail mail. [Hopefully able to fit in a good size envelop so not too costly]

Though don't worry about me, I have plenty of fabric supplies, and I have plenty of stamps already. Well dunno about how much green I have, but I can get creative. <<;;

Now, is there a catch?
Yes, there is! :P

Payment for these lovely little lotus leafs would be gold, the donated currency on Midorea. I lack paypal, and other stuff. I should get paid for the craft, however, this idea is mainly for support of Midorea. I want Midorea to grow and I want people to donate and help it grow. And I'd help it grow but theres no snail mail option. D:
So, I'd take gold and only gold for the little crafts. I want to help Midorea and I dunno if this would be a good way or not. x3

I still have my lotus leaf, and it was the first one I made and I'm gonna keep it. I hope to try and make the ones to sell a lot better. ^^;;
~~~

Now, I'm not the only one whos into crafty stuff, and discussion on this has let to, maybe, a small colab of crafty art people to help give their specialty craft to members of this community.

There is probably some kinks to work out.
And this idea is solely for helping Midorea grow and to share creations with people of Midorea.This would be a non-profit little project..? If I'm using my terms right. xP

This thread is to discuss all the kinks and for other people to discuss their crafts and their ideas and thoughts on this. And also everyone is welcome to bring in their thoughts, weither this is a good idea, or bad idea, I'd love to hear your thoughts. :3

Dollottie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
Well the artists would still get profit via gold, right?

Midorea gets more donations, the artists get gold, and the customers get tangible stuff- everyone wins. :3

But yeah, I'm totally in. n.n
ecco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
i think Dollottie sums it up. the only reason the artist "loses" in this situation is if they dont WANT gold to spend on Midorea at all. which begs the question, why are they here making things to sell anyway?? XD so it pretty much is a win-win for all concerned.

i can't make anything, i only draw really. so i couldn't contribute, and i'm also poor so likely wouldn't be able to afford to buy anything. buuut we'll see. i can be easily tempted if you hit the right buttons. Sweat

in any case, i think its a good idea and i look forward to see what you guys can do Happy

Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks guys. <3

Yeah, the thing is, its for artists who have more a wanting to help this site and don't mind only getting payed in gold for this site, rather then actual money. I mean, I'm sure if we did get money from this, which I'm not saying we will be, some of it would go into donating towards the site anyway.

With recent ARIs delayed, I feel bad and want to help the site not lose money. I mean people will donate again when we kick the ARIs back up, but also another option for donating.

Dollottie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote        
This is especially helpful to artists who can't afford to donate. xD

We should use a mule to run the thread, so each person can have their own post to edit as needed, but if someone leaves it'll be easy to fix the page. Payment can be sent to the appropriate artist, but that way everyone can use the same thread effectively. :3
Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I'm thinking about the mule thing. Not sure about it. Like I dunno what bad things could come from it, but I dunno where my thoughts on it are. xD

ecco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
i think it would be easier to have the sellers reserve posts on the front page, so they have 1 or 2 posts each to edit whenever they need to with their own offers, prices etc.

that or have one person run the thread, and whoever wants to sell can have a post linked to directly in the first page (ie say freshie runs it, and doll posts all her info on page 4 somewhere, freshie can link straight to that post on page 4 from the first page... does that make sense? im not too good at explaining things like this Neutral )

Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
I mean, us being mods, we can edit stuff, even though people can edit own posts. But also..could, when we get everything worked out minus the thread, practise a psedo posting thread in the lab to see how post placing could be.
Depends on how many artists want to be a part of it, and/or if its a permanent thing for them [however long this would last] or just temp artist.

Plus the part of what would be made and sold.
Cause originally, make Midorea themed stuff, hopefully in no way where Cat or the site [cause it could have a mind of its own who knows!], won't go all "AHH! Thats copyrighted, you all get banned!" But theres contests to make Midorea in real life, so should be ok. ;3
But I think help brooding out, as long at it makes sense with being payed with gold/donating, could work. Aka, just like a shop, selling your crafts weither they're simple stuff you're used to making, or Midorea stuff. I dunno.

Edit:
Also, probably have a type of form all the artists, on what they make and what they can do and how much they'll charge, etc, to put in their post. For info for the potential people who want something.

Dollottie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
I think a mule makes more sense to me, but whatever. :3

Let's find out who all if anyone else would be interested, and if we're even allowed to do something like his, and we can go from there. n.n
Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah. Hopefully other people check this thread out and let us know what they think about it. x3

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote        
Ouh, I like that idea! Big Grin

I think it'd be pretty easy for one person to do the basic setup of the thread, reserving like 10 or 15 posts, maybe separating the crafts into categories so it is easier to find what you want (like, one post per category), and explaining how things work, rules, etc.
Then the artists who want to participate can just fill out a form and send it to that person (or just post it in the thread so it can be linked on the front page).
I sorta prefer that linking option, since the seller is still able to edit is own post at any time he wants, but it still keep the first page nice and clean, which makes information easier to get for buyers, and thus usually means they are more likely to buy. And since mods can edit all posts, even if the initial creator of the thread disappears, it's not a big problem. Just my preference though, a mule could also work. Wink

I'm kinda wondering how many people would be interested in doing this (sellers and buyers alike). I mean, Midorea is still a small community, so there are not that many potential buyers around. Although, it could bring some money to the site, so I don't see why we shouldn't try. Big Grin

ecco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote        
i dont see why it being quiet should stop you guys from setting it up. even if there is not much custom, it's just something for fun and to help the site a little, and will be nice for those that do wish to buy things ^^ plus, the stuff you make to sell doesnt necessarily have to be midorea-related, does it?

Freshie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
Ecco;
Yeah I forgot if I posted about that part or not, guess not. But I think it doesn't have to Midorea-related. Whatever the crafter likes to make and wants to make to sell. Doll likes making food related jewelry. And me, I just like making simple fabric crafts right now, many simple shapes and such.

Maeve;
Yeah, that would probably be a good way to set the thread up.

I'm gonna type up all the basic things we should have in the thread, and so if theres any more ideas for the thread itself, pertaining to different craft categories, and info things, minus actual crafter/sellers info. I'll get those later.

Dollottie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:25 am Reply with quote        
Man, I spent all day yesterday making jewelry and taking pics, I finally will be able to get them up and online. n.n

I'm super excited, cause it'll be just in time for valentines day. n.n

And I'm soooo looking forward to valntine events on my avatar sites, the items from them are usually super cute. n.n
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote        
Thinking about starting the "entry forms" for the thread/project/etc next week. Would just be a form for artists to fill out if they're interested in participating, etc. So I can see how many wanna join and then I'll go from there. ^^;;