Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Winter 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ~ Design A Commons Set! ~
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote        

This time around you'll be given a chance to design a set of commons, and if your design wins it will be turned into a set used on the site!
    Please read everything before submitting your entry.

Rules and Terms

1.) You acknowledge that all designs you enter into this contest becomes the sole property of Midorea.com and that we have exclusive permission to make it into an item.
    2.) There is no set theme - which means anything goes.
    3.) Moderators may not enter, unless you wish to forfeit your right to judge the entries. It is your choice.
    4.) No bashing of other people's entries, and no critiques unless they ask for them.
    5.) Limit of 5 entries per person
    6.) All designs must be drawn. Any media(paint, digital, crayons etc.) is acceptable.

The Prizes

1st place winner will have their designs turned into a set used on the site, Winter 2011 Event Item Set, 50 gold, 5,000 silver and all colors of their items.
    2nd Place winner will get a Winter 2011 Event Item Set, 40 gold and 4,000 silver.
    3rd Place winner will get a Winter 2011 Event Item Set, 30 gold and 3,000 silver.

The deadline is 2 days after the event ends, so January 31st 2011 8pm Eastern time.

Have fun and good luck!

Entry Form:
Code:
Username:
Entry(link):
Comments:
Does the set have a name?:

Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote        
Entries
Quote:
Username: Keylaleigh
Entry(link): the set
Comments: I always thought that this site would really benefit from a good-looking bellydance set, so I made one up!
Does the set have a name?: Dancer’s Costume

Quote:
Username: Kupsy
Entry(link): Linky
Comments:
1: The front bit would probably be on vest, while the wings can be on wings/back.
2: The rounded blue bits (like the belt, and the bits around the boots) would be shiny... 'cos all modern stuff is shiny. Also I can't draw helmets xD
3: Shoulder bits could be on shoulders/cape, wheras the cape be on cape back. The trousers would be on leggings as I'd like them to go under the boots.
4: The blue bits are meant to be glowing... Like a lightsaber, but I thought doing a lightsaber would be too close to copyrights and too obvious o\
Does the set have a name?: Futorea (cross betweem Future and Midorea. Geddit? GEDDIT?? 8D)

Quote:
Username:Parasite
Entry(link): Victori Anna Set
Comments: The main part of the top and dress(black) have darker pinstripes on them and the skirt billows out over the person's feet, obscuring them from view. Though I forgot to colour it, the buttons are silver.
Does the set have a name?: Victori Anna

Quote:
Username: Momus
Entry(link): The Lion Tamer, and The Ringmaster.
Comments: I've never been to the circus; however, I've always been interested in the general aesthetic of circuses. Thus, I decided to design my set based on the circus. I tried to design a more masculine part of the set, "The Lion Tamer," and a more feminine part of the set, "The Ringmaster." "The Lion Tamer" include a tail-coat, a whip, boots, gloves, a hat, and puffy pants. "The Ringmaster" includes a corset, a cropped jacket, a hat, a cravat, bell earrings, a scepter, a skirt, boots, and tights. I imagine darker colors for this set, like black, navy, red, etc., but bright colors would also work great. I also designed hair, but mostly because I would personally love to have finger waves or pincurls for my avi. :p
Does the set have a name?: At the Circus, "The Lion Tamer" and "The Ringmaster."

Quote:
Username: Reika
Entry(link): Panda Yamanba set
Comments: I'm sorry, I didn't really coordinate the colours because I was wanting to show more possibilities. Haha it's not that creative, but I thought a japanese fashion may have popularity :3
This set includes...
Tangled Hair- tri-coloured hair with dreads at the bottom and cute accessories
Panda Face- Dark foundation and big white panda eyes. Droopy shape eyeliner with a vibrant eyeshadow.
Flower Lei- tropical flowers arranged on a string. A must for yamanba ;D
Face Stickers- sparkly decorations adhered to the face.
Overloaded Cellphone- an opened flip phone overloaded with cell numbers as well as charms.
Off-shoulder shirt- White and coloured stripes over a spaghetti-string undershirt.
Pleather Vest- Shiny and plastic-y. ;]
Starry eyes- two toned eyes with Star-shaped pupils and two coloured sets of false lashes.
Two-tone Hairpins- It can be used to keep your hair back, but you'll probably use it just for decoration.
Bubble Tea- delicious fruity drink with tapioca pearls. Strawberry, mango, taro, banana...
Tighttight Shorts- they're tight !
Frilly skirt- bounces in time with your steps.
Star Belt- Big a$$ blingy star. Draws your attention to whats most important here... namely the big "M" for Midorea on it. Of course.
Trouser Straps- They're not really holding anything up atm.
Thigh Socks- Two stripes going all the way to your sexy thighs ;D
Leg Warmers- puffy and warm
Stomping Boots- to stomp around your personal stomping shopping grounds.
Does the set have a name?: the Panda Yamanba set

Quote:
Username: Lexi Luthor
Entry(link): http://i54.tinypic.com/34o678o.jpg
Comments: It can be any 2 different colors, like white and black, or purple and green, or anything really can go in place of the cyan and gold. Also, the design on the shoe is the same as the design on the pants. For the giant jester hat the gold piece in the middle is a piece of metal that is pretty much holding the two... thingys?.... together.
Does the set have a name?: Jester Set

Quote:
Username: Sly
Entry(link): CLICK ME!! XD
Comments: This set includes a tailcoat, dress pants, dress gloves, a duck-headed cane, a monocle, a bowtie, and presumably dress shoes...which I failed at drawing...but hopefully you get what I intended with those.... Sweat I rather like this idea...just because. Plus, we've already got a top hat, which would go splendidly with this set, IMO. Wink
Does the set have a name?: "That's a gentleman to you, duck. *Monocle.*" XD I guess we can just call it "Monocle" for short. Laugh

Quote:
Username: Reika
Entry(link): Link
Comments: Well, it's... sort of inspired by ducks. yeah. Neutral Sort of like a sniper duck that hides in the swamps and gets you when its hiding in the grasses. Yep. I wasn't going to colour anything, but I thought it was a nice colour theme to try.
I made some weird eyes again that don't even make sense xD and probably won't even show up on the avatars lol.
Blushed cheeks, because they're cute :3
Pouffy chest thingy. Like a cravat I suppose.
A tailored leather vest. I love me buttons <3
Some puffy hair made to resemble the cheeks and tail of duck.
Duck beak Visor-Mask, Leather arm guards, laced-up puffy shirt, BIG PUFF shorts like the fat duck butts yum xD, Leather swift running boots.
A Birch rifle, that does not shoot bullets.... Pull the trigger and it goes QUACK !! It's like a megaphone with the power of a mandrake O:
Swamp background, because I was going to make a purikura background for the last set, but that was too much.
And finally, the EVIL MINION DUCKS. THEY EVIL.
Does the set have a name?: Sniping Duck [You know like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Sniping Duck Camping... er, idk xD nvm, It's late I can't think of names, I need help with this.]

Quote:
Username: neomattlac
Entry(link): Funky music
Comments: Don't you ever wish you were back in the seventies, busting a move to those funky rhythms? Well, now you can.
Two versions of the shirt for each gender(only one of each displayed), two types of buckles(for both genders), some bell-bottoms, roller skates and boogie shoes. I forgot to draw the shades to go with them.
Does the set have a name?: No

ecco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
fffffff awesome. i can't wait to see what people come up with ^^ i might even enter myself, if i have the time/effort to think of anything good XD Bouncy Heart

Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
Also sorry if I got my thread up a bit late. I've been helping my mother rearrange the living room around and put up shelves all day. ^^;;

And I know what you mean. Cause I remember drawing some ideas for stuff sometime last year but dunno. x3

Gladde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
Squee! Common contests!

I shall have to come up with some ideas and I can't wait to see what people come up with!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote        
Wowee! I wanna enter, but I have no idea and I'll probably be strapped for time in the next few weeks.

I'm excited to see what other people design!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote        
WOW!! THIS IS AWESOME!! AND EXCITING!! Shocked Weeeee

I so might have to enter this if I've got the time. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.~ Bouncy Heart

Reika

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote        
so would a set be limited to just top, bottom, feet?
what of accessories or hair?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote        
Well a set could be any types of things as long at its one flowing theme.
I'd say, shoot for 4-5 different items. Thats a good starting set. So like, shoes, top, bottom, accessory, etc. Though try not to make too many different set items. Nine at the most, I'd say.

But I'd totally not void your entry if you make a set the size of a zoo. xD
Oh goodness. I see a zoo theme set coming. xD

But do try to have 4 as a minimum.

evercharmer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quote        
I'm no artist, but I may decide to try it. I dunno, I'll probably wait until there's at least one other entry to decide.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote        
I'm working on my set now!

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote        
Username: Keylaleigh
Entry(link): the set
Comments: I always thought that this site would really benefit from a good-looking bellydance set, so I made one up!
Does the set have a name?: Dancer’s Costume

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
Ahmygod... Ace wants that belt. <3

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
ecco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote        
ahh, sweet! XD i have a bellydancing outfit. its purple and has silver sequins etc. well... actually i only have the top now... the pants were far too long so i gave them to a friend ahah~

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote        
I want that belt too Ace I want the skirt and the belt heck i want the entire thing *Swipes and goes to dance*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next