Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts

Do you own a DS or DSi
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
I really want one
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I'm considering getting one
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Alyssia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote        
Just when I though I was going to scale back on teh video games....
I was piddling around on the Nintendo website when I saw something that really caught my attention.....they've got Zenonia for download on the DSi....if you've never heard of it check it out on iTunes if you've got the touch or phone and you like rpg then you should check it out, its a really fun game and I love how you can choose to be good or evil!

There were a few others that caught my attention too like:

* Shantae: Risky Revenge...kind of like Mario...but with a belly dancying hair whipping girl~
* Supermarket Mania is also fun especially if you like Diner Dash
* My Farm, I'm a Harvest Moon fan~
* Soul of Darkness
* Castle Conqueror

Just to name a few. If there is anyone with one tell me what you think about the system overall and what you think about the downloadables as well.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote        
My brother has a DSiXL, and one of the games in the store is DRAGON'S LAIR! And Dragon's Lair 2!

It's a zany adventure animated by Don Bluth! Unfortunately that's really all I know about it, but for me that's enough to warrant a purchase.

I still need to purchase one of my own, so I'll keep with my DS Lite until that fabulous day when I can get my own iXL. The i's too small for me.

Alyssia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote        
DS too small...well I suppose....I've been playing with a DS Lite since they first came out. I didn't get the original because I knew it would get better with time. I didn't want to get the DSi for the same reasons.

Either way I'll be sure to look into the game that you listed as well. I'm not sure if I'll go with the regular DSi or the DSiXL....BUT I may just snag the games on an SD card and play with my sisters. I think I've the right to just snag it once and awhile, she doesn't play games half as much as I do.....on the flip side I'll have to adjust to the buttons again.

I was considering trading both my Lites in...one's got a broken corner and needs to be refurbished but works just fine...but if I did that I'd have nothing to homebrew with Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh... I have meself a DSi too... Been pretty reliable since being dropped so many times on hard floors. Used to have a Lite, but it accidentally fell into a toilet, rendering it useless... >_>'

Anyways, I'm not much a fan of downloadables, but Birds and Beans keeps me amused if I get bored of the games I have...

Although my most favorite game ever for the DS console will have to be 9 Doors 9 Hours 9 Persons. BEST. VISUAL. NOVEL. EVER. PERIOD.

Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote        
I was totally considering getting that one, but I'm like the only one that really plays games out of all the people I talk to so I didn't really have anyone to ask about it. It made me think of Persona for the PS2, but its not anything like that is it?

Plus I get so tired of internet searching for gaming info~

So feel free to tell me all about it.

I was also considering getting another game for the ds called Lux Pain, I can't say I've found anyone that's played that one either. If you know anything about that title feel free to share that knowledge as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
Alyssia wrote:
I was totally considering getting that one, but I'm like the only one that really plays games out of all the people I talk to so I didn't really have anyone to ask about it. It made me think of Persona for the PS2, but its not anything like that is it?

Plus I get so tired of internet searching for gaming info~

So feel free to tell me all about it.

I was also considering getting another game for the ds called Lux Pain, I can't say I've found anyone that's played that one either. If you know anything about that title feel free to share that knowledge as well.

I have no idea what Persona is like, but basically in 999, you are locked on a boat, and forced to get out in 9 hours, or your boat sinks and you technically die. Very good plot and descriptions, so I heartily recommend it for people who love their plots. Unfortunately, I can't go into the plot even more, since it can be spoilerish. :/

I've heard of Lux-pain, but never played it, so I can't help you out there.

Have you heard of Ace Attorney, and Hotel Dusk?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
I know of Ace, a dear friend of mine has a string of the games, and a few of the ones that don't feature Ace as the main character. I've heard her say that they were loads of fun~

I've looked into them, but can't find them locally so I'll have to buy online. I'm thinking that I'll have to get a hold of 999 the same way too~

I'm also looking into the new Pokemon games as well...dunno if I'll get them....but its a though. Also what's your take on the 3DS? I've seen them online, and I like the way they look...I'm thinking that I'll wait a little longer after the system is out to make my decision though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote        
I have a PSP (which I partially regret getting) And I'm not sure if my parents will let me get a DSi As well. :c (I SO WANNA PLAY A POKEMON GAAAAAAME!!!!!! T.T)
Alyssia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote        
Well I've got one of those too, I got it off of a friend for like $80 so I can't say I regret getting it. It took me some time to find games that I liked for it as well. I've got

Little Big Planet
Persona 3
Lunar Legend
Guilty Gear XXCore
PaRappar Rapper
Jeanne D'arc
And another game themed around keeping rhythm can't recall the title though.

I can't say I know of anything like pokemon for the psp though this is the only one I know about d monster kingdom jewel summoner. Do some digging on it to see if you like what its about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote        
The DSi is just like every other updated portable object...

Just new accessories for the consumer to buy. It is up to you if you want to spend the money to actually get the updated version of every single thing.

*sigh* Just like everything else, people want the newest and greatest thing... XP

I'd like a PSP though... or a PS3...

Little Big Planet... awesome... ^^

Misa:"I can't imagine a world without Light!"
L: "Yes, that would be dark."

"Ramoraparu did you steal my kills? I BELIEVE YOU DID!"
~Nobunaga (Travis - 4playerpodcast)
Alyssia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
I can't say that I wanted it because its the updated version. A draw back and one of the reasons I haven't gotten one was because I wouldn't be able to play gameboy games on it....and I've collected quite a few of those over the years.

Another drawback is homebrewing which is something that interests me. With new hardware comes corporate crack down as well as the limited use of third party game....in some cases no use of third party games at all.

I wanted to know what other users thought about the system, and what their experiences with it were before I'd consider spending that much cash. And on the flip side the 3DS comes out in March. Its rather lovely and I will say I won't be one of the ones to preorder. I'd like to see what the reviews are for the system and what makes it better before letting $250+ out of the bank for one.

Although my sister has a DSi which I brought for her as a birthday gift....she likes it and uses it for all sorts of things. I'm sure that I'll end out waiting about half a year at lest before picking which system I'll go with for my update, and I'll still keep my normal DS to fall back on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote        
Personally, I believe the DSi is useless to me. I already own a camera, and the old bulky gray DS, and I love it. It's good enough for me. I kind of want to get the 3DS, since that's coming out soon, but they won't even release LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus, or Paper Mario on the release date, which really turned me off from getting it.

Much too expensive for my tastes. I think i'll just wait for the rumored PSP phone or PSP 2. It's nice to switch up systems.

Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
dreamer676

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote        
I got bought a DSi XL, for Christmas. I never actually realised how small the DS was until I got my XL. You don't really need it that big I suppose, but I'm not ungrateful for it, because I have bad eyesight, I don't need to strain my eyes even more Smile

I have only ever downlowded one thing for my DSi, the only thing is naturally you need to buy stars to download stuff to your DSi, but I'm sure you already know that. But yeah it works fine, there's no reason why the file would become corrupted, or deleted or anything like that so they are good to buy, I think at least Smile

The only problem I have with my DSi is that I don't know what games to buy for it. It's not like there isn't an extensive supply of DS games, I'm just picky and would like to play all the casual games on the DS.
VampireSoul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote        
I have a DS lite. Got it several years ago when they were the newest model.
I have no use for a DSi although sometimes when I have a desire for a trade with pokemon games having only one can be a bit bothersome. Such a desire does not come often enough though to make buying a second one worth it, not for the price. This $50 DS lite at Amazon is very tempting though.