Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic Of Casablancas and Forget-Me-Nots (Pupnutie & Emo Panda)
Emo Panda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
Jesse nodded, it would be best for the band to know the story they were going to work with.

Lexy smiled lightly. "That only sounds fair." She agreed with a small nod. "O-oh! I'm sorry!" The girl jumped when her phone went off, playing a rather random tune. "Excuse me for a moment." She mumbled, taking a few steps back from everyone. "Hey, I can't really-".... "W-what? B-but-"... The girl winced slightly when her aunt on the other line started yelling. "But-!" With that her aunt had hung up.

"Well, could we borrow one of your copies?" Zeke asked as the girl joined them again.
Derek frowned as he looked over at Lexy, something wasn't right, she seemed to be quite upset over something.
Pupnutie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
Katsu, momentarily put off by the girl's expression when returning, took a minute to gather his bearings. "...Oh! Sure. I'll hand them over to Saito later and he'll take them to your hotel."

Saito nodded. "I'll bring them with me when I meet with Jesse to go over negotiations with the director. Speaking of, I see him coming over. If you'll excuse me," The businessman bowed before he made his way to greet the director.

Zhanna had the urge to comment on the girl's expression, but refrained from doing so. It wasn't any of her business. Although, she did feel as though she should do something in honor of their probable partnership. That was when she had an idea.

"...Hey. How would ya'll like some prints or a commission, free of charge? I'll even sign them for you. You could sell 'em or whatever later. They could even be for a family member. In honor of this thing and all that."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote        
Zeke smiled lighlty and nodded. "Thank you." He said to Katsu before looking over at the girl and glancing at the other guys. Jay and Derek shrugged, they weren't exactly sure what happened either. Jay pushed Derek forward a bit urging him to go talk with her.

Derek glared at him for a moment before gently taking the girl's hand and leading them a couple of meters away from the group, so they wouldn't hear everything, sitting them both down on the ground next to each other.

"Talk to me Lexy. I don't like seeing you like this." The male said softly, trying to get her to look at him. The girl shook her head, not trusting her voice not to break when she did. She was trembling lightly as the male pulled her into a tight hug. This wasn't good.. "S-she hates me." Lexy whimpered after a few moments as she pulled away and wiped her cheeks.

This confused the male slightly, but he hoped she didn't mean who he was thinking. "Who, Lex? Why would anyone hate you?" He asked softly. Lexy shook her head, feeling like she'd start crying again any second. "S-she knows, s-she said s-so many ho-horrible things to me." The girl hid her face into her hands. Derek was rather shocked about this news. He just shook his head. "I'm sorry, Lex." He said softly, hugging her again until she seemed to be calming down a bit.

"Maybe she was right." Lexy muttered, rubbing her eyes. "NO!" The girl and the others in the room where a bit surprised by that outburst from Derek, he usually was rather calm. He took a gentle but firm hold on the girl's shoulders, making her look at him. "No one, I don't freaking if she'd been the president of the United States, no one has the right to say such things to you or make you feel this way." He lectured her, "Look, I know this may be hard, especially to take that from her, but if she has the nerve to say such thing to you, about you, even when you've been nothing but good to her, she isn't worth this. She isn't worth your tears, Lex." He told her a bit softer, though he was sure most of them would be listening to them now. "We love you, Lexy. Nothing will change that. And those who don't see how wonderful you are, don't know what they're missing."

The girl stayed quiet for a moment or two before she hugged the male tightly. "Thank you." She sniffled softly before letting him go again.

"Come on." He said softly, helping the girl back to her feet with a small smile and leading her back to the rest. "Sorry, you were saying?" Derek asked, offering the comic writer a polite smile as the two others moved over to hug the girl. "Thanks guys. I'm sorry about this." She murmured, rubbing her eyes, guessing that it probably hadn't left the best impression on them.
Pupnutie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
The two glanced at each other as the two band members talked. Zhanna was spoke lightly with the remaining band members, about to show them some examples of her work and the like, when she heard the male member, Derek?, shout out, gaining the rest of the group's attention. Zhanna felt a bit bad for listening in on issues that she had no say in, and that hit a bit too close to home for her liking. She looked over at Katsu who, the little gossip, was listening intently. He felt her staring at him and looked over with her with The Look. The Look that told her to go over and talk, add in some sort of comfort and assurance, to GET A GODDAMN FRIEND OR PREFERABLY A GIRLFRIEND YOU FUTURE CAT LADY! She promptly flipped him the bird and turned away from the drama. She continued to ignore everyone and daydream until Derek or who ever he could be named Carlos for all she cared brought her back to reality. Damn him. But he was polite and gave her no reason to be a bitch. Double damn him, but she forgave 'he who could be Carlos' anyways. Plus the girl was crying and the men would be on edge. Pokerface time.

Zhanna shrugged indifference. "S'no problem. I was just offering signed prints and commissions, free of charge-"

"Over dinner!" Katsu interrupted the comic writer with a smile that came off as friendly, but Zhanna knew was his 'meddling' smile. "She was offering to sign some prints and the like over dinner for all of you! Free of charge obviously. We could bully Saito and Jesse into coming along!" He eyed Zeke at the mention of their significant others.

"... Yeah, sure." The comic writer regained her senses and shook off disbelief. "Free commissions, prints, all signed over dinner somewhere. They could be for fun, of a character you like from where ever, of yourselves, for a friend or family member. Anything. Katsu knows every kind of restaurant that exists here in LA. Amazing considering he lives all the way over in Japan while I've been here for years and can barely find the grocery store," She gave a chuckle, then dug out her Examples binder and handed it over for them to look at. "You can give this back to me then."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote        
The two remaining band members were quite impressed by the examples.

The girl seemed a lot less confident than she had been before, well, could you blame her really? This made Jay and Zeke feel a bit uneasy as they weren't exactly sure what had happened to extract that reaction from the girl. Of course they could take a guess, but then again...

Zeke blinked, tilting his head at the mention of the two other men. Was he up to something?

Derek smiled lightly and nodded. "That sounds like a very nice offer." He said with a small smile, seeming to have everything under control. "What about after the convention?" He proposed as they were handed the binder. That way they still had a few days to cheer Lexy up and had some time to actually read her comic.
Pupnutie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote        
"Sounds Great! We could-"

Zhanna grabbed Katsu mid sentence in a vice grip. "Didn't you promise me to help with something?" She said calmly before turning to the band. "I'm sure Saito will call Jesse with the details later. Good night and the like. I have some things to get finished for the rest of the con."

Zhanna gave a bow before dragging Katsu away, the male waving cheerfully as he was dragged off.

--Later that Night--

"What are you planning?" The woman demanded of her temporary housemate. Katsu blinked innocently.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't give me that. I know you better than Sai at times as your partner in crime. Now what is your deal?"

"Pissing off Sai?"

"Wrong answer. That's my job."

"Best interests of kind understanding friend?"

"Wich would be who?"

"I just want you to make a friend! Once that isn't always in another Country!"

"I. AM. FINE."

"NEVER. SAID. YOU. WEREN'T."

"BULL. SHI-"

"KNOCK IT OFF!"

The two turned to see Saito coming out of the bathroom in his pajamas. Even with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth, the man was intimidating.

"Thank you," He walked back to the bathroom. "Where are we taking them to eat on monday?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote        
((Should we skip to the convention or to the dinner? Or perhaps to right after the convention?))

Zeke couldn't help bit grin slightly as he seemed to be a bit too enthusiastic for the writer's taste.

"Alrighty, see you then." Derek waved as the overly excited male was dragged of by the girl. It was quite an amusing sight.

"Off we go!" Derek chirped as he lifted the girl over his shoulder.
"Derek!" Lexy exclaimed. "Put me down! You're gonna regret this!" She promised as she hit his back with her fist.

Since the drama that had happened today, they had decided to just stay inside instead of wandering off to explore the city.

So at this point, they were all in Lexy and Derek's room, sprawled out on the ground were a few ice-cream containers as they sat against the bed. They were watching a comedy, just to lift their spirit a bit, but mostly to take Lexy's mind off of everything.

There was a knock on the door before Jesse peeked his head inside. "Hey, have you seen- Oh, here you all are." He said, walking in. He smiled and shook his head as he saw the complete picture. Zeke almost tackled the manager, hugging him tightly. "We were just relaxing." He said.

"Hmm, perhaps it's time to head to bed." Jay said as he noted the two other band members yawning. "It's been quite a day." He added, slowly rising to his feet. "Help me clean this up will you." The male said, tossing a container at Derek, who groaned and sighed. "Finee." He whined as the container landed in his lap. As they gathered the containers, they went to look for a garbage bin.

"Night, Lex." Zeke said, hugging the girl before leaving with his lover.

Lexy had already changed into some pj-pants and a shirt when they had arrived at the hotel, so she just turned off the tv and plopped down on the bed, waiting for Derek to arrive again.

"A-ah, w-well, night." The male seeming stuttered as he said goodnight to Jay. Something was off, why was he blushing.

"Get your butt over here and tell me what happened!" Lexy demanded curiously as there were very few times where she had seen the male so flustered. "A-ahh, he kissed me." The male said, sounding a bit confused, but not entirely disappointed as he sat down on the bed.
______
Pupnutie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
((Yeah sure! I'll skip it to Zhanna packing up her station in the Artist Alley (Because she prefers talking with fans, and has people to do her stand in the DR anyway) , since the final day is mostly for the Dealer's Room anyways. Large space is free for fills from your end!))

"We're in LA. We can go ANYWHERE!" Katsu shouted. He gave a thoughtful look as he paused in putting his pajama top on. "Maybe at Benihana's?"

"With MY binder? Absolutely not." Huffed the comic artist, grimacing at the thought of her binder getting food on it or set aflame. "Plus it is always so crowded."

"Everywhere's crowded, Zhanna." Saito cut in. "How about that barbecue place? The one that merged with that Vegetarian place and that Indian Grocer and deli? They have a wide variety of food and we can fill Zhanna's fridge at the same time. Plus they've got enough space that it won't feel crowded even with our large group."

"That, actually sounds legit." Zhanna caved. She grabbed the phone and tossed it at Saito. "Call Jesse up and let him know."

------------------------Final Day of Convention, With Saito and Katsu With Band ------------------------

"THERE They are! See? I told you we'd find them!" Katsu grinned at his partner as they approached the band and their manager. He was in casual clothes today, mostly since they were going out in public later on. He had a heavy looking bag with him.

"We could've found them sooner if you hadn't stopped to take pictures every five minutes," sighed Saito. He went up to Jesse with a smile. "We brought the copies of Zhanna's story with us, since it took so long to find them all. How have you all enjoyed the Convention? I believe it is one of your first, am I right?"

"Hm? Oh! Zhanna's at the Artist Alley. She should be finished with packing up soon," Katsu grinned. "Want to go and see if we could help her out? She usually has boxes of unsold prints that she needs to bring back with her, and coupled with her table she'd probably needs some help carrying everything."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
((^^))

Jesse smiled at the interaction between the two. It could be quite amusing from time to time.. "That's great." He nodded. "I believe they've enjoyed themselves." He said as he glanced over to the group and the one clinging to his side.

"It was quite interesting." Jay nodded with a small smile. It was a different kind of people than they were used to seeing. Not so much creepy, but just something else. Some people really liked to go up in these kinds of things. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not something you see daily.

"Oh, well then, let's go help her!" Lexy chirped when the comic book writer was mentioned. The poor thing, left alone to clean up her stuff. Well, it was nice to have some help at times, right? With that, she grabbed Derrek, who let out a small squeak, and headed to the direction where she remembered seeing the sign for the Artist Alley.
Pupnutie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote        
((Sorry for the wait. For whatever reason, Midorea didn't show that you posted here. I've been checking on and off.))

Zhanna grinned as she surveyed her work so far. Two guys dressed as Mary Ann and Saint Josephine from her latest Yuri manga had helped her put her table into her van, as well as her signs. She gave them some signed prints as well as signed their on hand volumes as thanks.

Her smile wavered and turned into a frown. She still had about five large boxes containing the remaining prints, stickers, keychains, and pins. Plus a small box of business cards, her camera and "Customer Wall" that showcased the commissions she did, and her art supplies. How was she going to carry it all? Where was Katsu and Saito when you need them?!

Right when she was considering making a tower and caring it all in one go, her housemates and the band she met a few days ago appeared. The girl, Lexy or something, was dragging who she was sure was named "Carlos" while everyone else followed behind.

"Zhanna! We're here to save the day- ACK!" Katsu found himself with an armful of box that the artist threw at him. Zhanna smirked, then laughed.

"Haha, well. In that case, everyone grab a box and lets head out to my van," Zhanna herself grabbed her supplies, camera, and wall after handing Saito her tiny box of business cards. He rolled his eyes at her before taking her supply case. The artist waited until the last of her stuff had been picked up.

"Be careful not to drop anything, I can't sell damaged merchandise," She said as she led the group out through the back and to her van. Her camera went into the middle of the driver and passenger seats, while the wall with the pictures found its home behind the Driver's seat. Everything else was directed to the back, where the trunk was extended with the removal of the back seats, leaving the van as a four passenger car.

Once everything had found its place, Zhanna tuned to the group. "Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Are we heading out to dinner now or are we all separating until later?"