Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Steampunk Game (will find a name sooner or later)
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote        
Val was trying her hardest not to laugh at Al but failed as she fell to the ground holding her stomach laughing. "And heh ha and they call me tee hee crazy!" She gasped out around her laughter. The lizard hadn't startled her in the least in fact she had resisted squealing and snatching it up to hug on it in the first place.

The other girls reaction however had done nothing but cause Valencia to do something she normally didn't do in front of others which was laugh. Suddenly realizing what she was doing she jumped up off the ground and dusted herself off. Her face bright red in embarrassment. "Um heh sorry." She said backing away from the group some but staying nearby in case she was needed.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:57 pm Reply with quote        
Gem watched the bizarre scene unfolding before her as if she was in some sort of very weird dream. Rhys had a friend, apparently, one who was sitting on top of his head giving their large audience dirty looks. Al was scared of lizards (of all things!), and Val was laughing so hard she fell on the ground, saying something about being crazy. Fitting, Gem thought. She looked down at her new friend, who was licking her chin with a papery tongue and wondered if she should name the sprightly little thing Val.

Suddenly, it was just too much. Gem threw back her head and laughed, and laughed, and laughed. Bell-like peals rang out over the group as Gem let her mirth free. But it had been a long day, and the laughter quickly ramped up towards hysterics. Before she realized what was happening, Gem was alternately cackling and sobbing. Her body shook with the force of her emotion, and the poor little pter in her lap rubbed its head against her chin in a desperate attempt to soothe the girl. But it was far too late for that.

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote        
When Rhys had first spoken to her, Victoria couldn't help but to smile a bit at how nervous he had seemed.

"No, it's not that you've done anything wrong, exactly. It's just that we don't get many outside visitors around here, and security is pretty high what with the--"

She had been in the midst of answering Rhys when all the hysterics had broken out and drowned out her speaking. In a manner of minutes, her expression had changed from annoyance at being interupted, to amusement, to interest, to concern for the sobbing Gem, and now, despite her best efforts to at least present a compassionate facade, she can feel her face contort in aggrivation once more.

She stares at the whole situation before her, feeling herself becoming more and more irritated by the whole ordeal. This was all silly, really. Was this any way to conduct a professional site? And honestly, what in the bloody hell was everyone so on edge for around here. Here you had a random man who didn't belong, an injured wild beast, a grown woman screaming at a lizard, of all the stupid things, another grown woman laghing like a lunatic, and yet another woman laughing to the point of sobbing. Really, this was more like some little girl's birthday party and less like a professional job site. The sight of Al attempting to drag Thomas away only served to reenforce this perception.

Victoria had thought briefly of trying to comfort Gem; after all, she really didn't want to see the woman upset. But after some consideration she decided that she probably wouldn't be able to to be heard past the other woman's sobbing, anyway. Sighing, Victoria takes a step back inhales deeply, and prepares to address the group at large, in the best way she can figure.

"ALL RIGHT!! THAT'S ENOUGH!! WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD IS GOING ON HERE!? I THINK WE ALL NEED TO BE QUIET, CALM DOWN, AND START ACTING LIKE REASONABLE ADULTS HERE!!" Mad

It hadn't occured to her as she was shouting, that at this particular moment she seemed far more irrational than anyone else in the group. At this point, she didn't care, she just really couldn't take anymore sobbing or hysterical...anything.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
"Well that was extremely uncalled for I think." Val said raising an eyebrow at having been shouted at. "Maybe if you had showed up sooner you would have heard what has been going on. As I already explained once and seem to have to do so again for all current parties. This boy Rhys as he calls himself showed up with that injured pter asking for medical supply's. I of course have no dealing with animals so was of no help. Gem hearing that medical help was needed came over and offered her assistance to the injured creature. Soon after Ms. Pandora and Marcus showed up followed by that strange girl Al. Of course I can't really call her strange seeing as that would be the pot calling the kettle black as the saying goes but anyway. " Val stated in a rather harsh voice seeing as her temper had been struck at being yelled at.

"That's pretty much a catch up as to what is going on in this situation other than the Al girl is terrified of lizards and I found her reaction to it rather funny. Which seems to have set off even more laughter at the situation and some tears as well it seems." She continued after a few breaths her tone still just as harsh as before and a look of disdain at Victoria for her childish outburst at simply having been late and interrupted while talking.

"Come along Gem let's go get you some tea to calm down and something for your new little pet to eat huh?" Val said her voice changing to a somewhat soothing tone as she walked over to Gem and placed her jacket around the tired looking girls shoulders seeing as she was still sobbing and seemingly laughing at the same time.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
The interruption wasn't exactly what Rhys was hoping for: it got him out of the spotlight, but he still felt incredibly awkward. The girl who was absolutely terrified of Torch was kind of amusing, and the insane woman was also quite funny, but Victoria...wow. Rhys didn't know that she could yell that loud. He snatched Torch off of his head, and stuffed the lizard into his pocket.

"I'm gonna go with them," he muttered, indicating Gem and Val, "They might want help with the pter...and I'm good with animals...so yea." He tried to scoot off without being noticed, which wasn't incredibly likely. He patted Gem on the back, trying his best to comfort her.
"If you're worried about the pter," he said quietly "don't be. They're hardy things, and I can teach you the stuff you need to know." Rhys picked up the animal, with minimal protests from the creature. He guessed that the little thing trusted him as well (not as much as Gem, but some) and didn't try to claw his skin off in small strips like before.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote        
Gem was too busy being hysterical to really process what was going on until she found herself being shepherded to her feet by two sets of strong hands. Someone was saying something, but it didn't make sense in Gem's head. There was something warm on her shoulders, Gem thought dazedly, but she couldn't think what it might be... tears still ran slowly down her cheeks, more now from exhaustion than anything else. The healer let the hands help her up, and realized that they belonged to Val and the new kid, Rhys. Gem realized that he was patting her back, and the kindness of the gesture sent another silent flood of tears dripping onto the... jacket, Gem realized, it was a jacket that had been wrapped around her shoulders.

"If you're worried about the pter, don't be. They're hardy things, and I can teach you the stuff you need to know." Oh. Gem sighed in relief and looked up into Rhys' jade green eyes in silent gratitude. A moment later, she found the little pter being scooped gently from her arms. Suddenly, she felt very cold. "V-val?" Gem reached out instinctively and caught at Val's arm for support before she could stop herself. She felt like crying again. "Sorry," Gem whispered, mortally embarrassed by the scene she was causing.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
Val allowed the girl to cling to her really not knowing what else to do. Actually this was the most social interaction she had done at the site other than asking people exactly what was wrong with something she was about to fix so she wouldn't have to do double the work. "It's fine dear as I said lets go and get you some tea and something for the pter to eat." Val said her voice a little unsure now seeing as she had never been much of a social butterfly in the first place. She just hoped that what helped her to calm down would work for another.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote        
Rhys was slightly worried as he realized that out of all the people here, Gem was being comforted by the two people who were probably the most socially awkward. From what he could tell, the red-haired woman was...off, and he was just horrible with people.

But, from what he could tell, not many people here seemed incredibly charming and confident. There was the girl with he pageboy cap who was fascinated with the robot and terrified of lizards, the crippled woman who hadn't spoken in a while, the old man who seemed somewhat stern and military, and Victoria. Victoria was the only Policewoman that Rhys trusted, only because she was actually a rebel. Even then, she obviously wasn't very patient. Hmm, maybe Gem was in the best hands...

"Yea, don't worry about it," Rhys told Gem, who had just apologized for some reason, and the red-haired woman said something along the lines of tea, "I'm pretty sure that you aren't the one who brought a hurt animal in here, and made everything really awkward."

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
"Well, would you mind..." Thomas got out of Al's grasp, not used to being pushed around and not appreciating it much. Plus, he still wanted to understand what was going on. That, and the situation wasn't getting better from what he could hear, which could lead to more problems. Once Val finished her explanation, the old man nodded. Well, this isn't much of a problem after all, he pondered. Although, he knew the police would never appreciate having unknown people running around the site...

He cleared his throat, in the usual manner some people have to get the attention, and then spoke: "Well, if everything is alright, could everyone get back to work now?" He then looked at Rhys, wondering what to do of him. Obviously he couldn't be let alone on the site, but he seemed like a correct boy. Thomas shrugged, before pursuing: "Hm, I don't mind if you stick around to keep an eye on that little creature, at least until Gem can take care of it by herself." Gem who was still sobbing for some reasons he couldn't understand. "Val, could you keep an eye on him while he's there?" he asked after a few seconds, since the inventor had proposed to take care of the girl and the boy wanted to stay with her... or the pter, which meant the same. He knew Victoria wouldn't appreciate, but he preferred to let her choose what she wanted to do.

With that, he saluted them all and brought his attention back to Al, gently resuming his walk toward the admin building, as it apparently was where she was leading him. Once they had gotten away from the group, he talked, curious to see what she wanted, and apparently not minding her previous reaction too much. "Well, what can I do for you?"

Atraea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quote        
Al took a deep sigh, relieved to be away from the lizard and the overall awkward tone of that situation. She slowed her pace to match Thomas, looking down at the ground, "Uhm. 'M sorry 'bout that, I just," she shuddered, "really, REALLY hate lizards, ya know? I was bit by one when I was real little, never got over it." She smiled nervously and continued. "Anyway, I went and examined that gallery, where y' wanted me t' find that relic. I jus' had a coupla questions t' ask. The first one being jus' a clarification on what exactly it is I'ma be lookin' for. And the second thing is...well."

She slowed a bit, looking back in the direction of the gallery. "I went there this mornin', and it's caved in. Pretty bad. I'm a big girl, but I can't do it all m'self, ya know? So I called for some help, in town, if that's all right. It's a guy I work with, kinda. Burly guy. He owes me a favor. He'd get here probably by tomorrow, so I'd have to put off the mining until then. But if there's anyone else you cn' spare, that'd be great too..."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote        
Victoria had glared at Val when the other woman had reprimanded her. Who was this lunatic to be talking to her like that anyway? What was she have supposed to have done any differently in this situation? Was it not her job to ask questions and make sure everything on the site ran smoothly? Was it not true that she had needed to get everyone's attention? She had been trying to calm things down and instead she got this? Besides, was she not supposed to be angry at being ignored and talked over?

Fuming, she opens up her mouth to give Val a good piece of her mind.

“I'll have you know that--”

She trails off, realizing that everything seems to be calming down and really not wanting to escalate things despite her own irritation. She looks around at everyone, noticing that those who have bothered to pay her any attention at all have either chosen to spare her a few disparaging glances or, as in Rhys's case, look downright startled. She gives a resigned sigh and folds her arms across her chest.

“No. I apologize if I've upset anyone here. I was merely attempting to do my job. No offense was intended. That's something we should all be focusing on; our work. Carry on then.”

She inclines her head slightly to the group at large and starts to march away, her arms still resolutely folded. After a moment, she pauses and glances back over her shoulder at Gem, smiling.

“Do try and cheer up, won't you? I doubt that desperation will get you or your new pet there very far.” Sweat

With that, she walks off towards the mail room. Maybe she would write home today, after all; it's not like she could be in much worse of a mood for it.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:15 am Reply with quote        
Gem was quickly ushered inside, and found herself seated on a comfortable chair with a warm mug of tea steaming between her hands. It really did make her feel better, after all. Gem took a few sips of tea and made a concerted effort to follow Victoria's advice to "try and cheer up". She concentrated on all of the things that were going well right now. On this exciting, steady, well-paying job. On her friends at the site and the new ones who'd brought her here. At the little pter, growling babyishly as it snapped bits of meat from Rhys' fingers. Though speaking of, wherever had they found raw meat at this time of the evening? Gem quickly decided she probably didn't want to know the answer. She looked up at Val, then Rhys, then down into her mug as a blush crept up her cheeks. "Um..." Gem started, embarrassed, "I, um... thank you. You've been right kind, an' I'm sorry for the trouble, an'... well, thanks."

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote        
Thomas paused a moment at the mention of the gallery being caved in, before pursuing his path. "Well, showing you what it is we are looking for, or at least what we think it'll be like, could help," he said as answer to Al's first interrogation. As he finished his sentence, they had reached the door of the admin building. Thomas opened it, letting the woman enter before following her inside. He then resumed his walk, heading for the archives, where he knew he would find what they needed.

Most of the workers on the site were already busy clearing out gallery B, and taking some away from that part of the site was impossible. The rest, split between gallery A and C, were only a handful, since the lateral galleries were smaller and didn't require as many workers. Taking people out of gallery C meant no discovery would be done in the next few days. Although the old man didn't have a problem with that, he knew some of the people founding the research wouldn't be pleased to know that all the work had been stopped. So moving them was also impossible. Counting Al, there must had been 4 people working in gallery A, from what he could remember. And the girl said she could ask someone she knew to come over and help.

"The things are giving me a headache," Thomas thought, replacing his glasses before talking. "Well, having an extra pair of arms could certainly be useful, considering the situation. Although," he paused, placing his thoughts before continuing, "I'd prefer meeting that man you spoke of before you bring him to the site. You know, just the normal procedure," he added with a small smile, not wanting to stress the girl too much, but knowing that he couldn't let someone nobody knew wander around the site. One was enough.

They reached the door of the archives. Locked, apparently, which was only logical since they had met Pandora outside moments ago. Thomas pulled out a small key from his pocket and quickly turned it into the lock, opening the door and once again letting Al entered before him. He took a quick look at the room, appreciating how clean it was, compared to some other archives he had seen in his younger days. He didn't want to mess up with the relics and other items the room was hosting, but... Ah, there it is! Noticing what he was looking for, what appeared from a distance like a roughly triangular stone about one foot long, he headed closer to the table on which the piece was place, making a small sign at Al to approach. "See," he said, passing his hand above the piece, "this stone here looks like any fragment of broken stone, but if you look closely, you can see small markings, apparently organized in some way and not just randomly placed. Although, this is only a fragment, and we can't do much without the other part. The thing is, we don't really know how big it was, or in many pieces it is now." He paused again, letting Al the time to look at the object and ask any question she might had.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote        
Rhys finished feeding the pter, who was still nameless, and realized he still needed to let the farm know that he wasn't actually coming back. He rounded up a pencil, and a few pieces of paper, and sat down to write a note to his head trainer.

Hey Kor, I ran into someone in the mountains, and I've got to stay at the science dig at the base of Nerian. I'm not exactly sure how long I'll be here, so you carry on with business as normal. Just don't take any new charges until I get back.

The scientists might want some heavy lifters though, just in case their robots can't handle draggin boulders, so keep a pair of rhinos rested.

Rhys

Rhys glanced back at Gem and Val, and scribbled out the second note as quickly as he could.

I'm in the archaeological dig site, and the only Police member I've seen so far is Vic. I can't see much more security, and I'm going to be here for a while. Should I snoop around?

Rhys

That letter was going back to the rebels. As much as he could tell, the site wasn't extremely paranoid, so he certainly could sneak off at one point to search for any weird artifacts. Who knows, maybe whatever the scientists were after would be useful to the rebels.

"'Scuse me for a sec," Rhys said to the two women, "I've got to send a message to the farm that I work at to let them know I'm not coming back for a little bit."

Rhys stepped outside, put his fingers to his mouth, and let out a deep, resounding howl. After a moment, he made another sound, slightly higher, that undulated in the air.

A minute later, Rhys saw two birds flapping through the air towards him. They landed at his feet, and he tied the two notes to their legs.

"This one goes to the farm," he told the squat owlish thing on his right, "And this one goes to the base," he whispered to the vulture on his left. Rhys glanced back, hoping that no one noticed that he was writing two notes. The birds winged off toward their targets, and Rhys stepped back inside, pretending that he totally wasn't planning on sneaking off to discover all the little secrets holed away inside the ruins.

Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Al smiled when Thomas more or less approved of Charlie's coming. "Meet 'im first...yeah sure, that's fine. I'm gonna be meetin' him just outside th' grounds, so I could bring 'im straight here when he arrives if that's okay." Al followed Thomas inside, to the archives, where the object that Thomas wanted her to look for was located. After hearing his explanation she leaned in, studying it, squinting at the markings on the side.

"Huh...interestin'. Doesn' look like anything I've ever seen, that's fer sure. Heh, my lil' brother would probably know more 'bout this than I do, he's more the bookish one." She walked around the sides of the table, wary of touching it. Her eyes still fixed on the object, mumbling to herself a bit "Nooo sir...ain't seen nothin' like this at all. Hm. Doesn't look like it was a part of any machinery or nothin'..." Al stared hard at the object on the table, as if to mentally interrogate it. "So...what's this a piece of, exactly? And how many pieces are there? Do ya know?" She glanced at Thomas for a moment, awaiting an answer, before her eyes traveled back to the table.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread