Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Apparently this is a must read for all Journalism classes, so guess what we just covered? Happy

Admittedly, I didn't finish this book. I read... five essays, I think. (Hey, we were only supposed to read three!) However, it really spoke to me, which almost never happens. I was surprised - confounded, even - to find out that parolees completely lose their right to vote, despite the severity of the crime. And isn't it so beautiful exactly how well this system keeps the bigwigs in power?

Anyway, has anyone else read this? The essays are not only informative, but they're entertaining and very short. I'd suggest Committing Journalism to anyone looking to learn more about the subject. It truly opens your eyes to an entirely new side of the prison system.

Discuss. :3

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:07 am Reply with quote        
never heard of it, but the topic sounds interesting. prison is a strange side of society and one i must admit i know very little about. seems like a good, if slightly abrasive, topic for discussion... ^^