Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
P.S. Moon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote        
(I skipped here because I couldn’t think of anything to make Gavin mad)

The calm Gavin showed outwardly was like the calm before a storm.

“Yes sir.” This last sentence was a whisper as, Gavin watched his Father walk with Felix toward the castle. Un-notching his bow, Gavin swung it into his quiver full of arrows where it thankfully had enough room for his bulky bow. His father looked over his shoulder when he realized Gavin wasn’t behind them.

“Come along, Gavin. It’s time to talk to your history tutor.”

Turning abruptly from the older men, Gavin grabbed his crimson cloak from it perch on the post of the safety rope, fastened it at his throat with the clasp, and began to stride across the greenway toward the stable. Hearing angry shouts from his father behind him, he began to run, his sword bouncing against his legs almost tripping him. Making it to the stable a good distance away he stood slightly out of breath.

Getting it back, he sprinted into the open stable and turned into the left corridor that had stalls on both sides. He saw a groom holding his horse’s harness and leading his horse to a tack wall to be unsaddled and groomed. Hurrying toward the horse and the groom, he grabbed the bridle from the groom and quickly shoved a foot into the stirrup, he deftly swung his right leg over Safire’s back, and when he was on securely seated, swung his horse around, and dug the heels of his brown boots into Safire’s sides.
“My Prince, wait! Where are you going?” shouted the groom who had held Safire’s harness.

Gavin whispered into Safire’s ear as he leaned forward to urge his horse into a gallop. He burst through the open stable door, his cloak billowing behind him in an angry red cloud. Thundering past his father and Felix, he disappeared across the open training field and turned onto the road that headed toward the mountains, leaving a cloud of dust and turmoil behind him.