Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kaitekarue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote        
Twenty years ago there was a catastrophe. In a world that had long forgotten the ancient powers of nature, magic was dead. The year 2012, long prophecied as the end of days, was the reawakening of the lost power.

That cold day in December, every ounce of magic was awoken. Releasing an ungodly amount of energy into the world around them. Straining against the physical realm, reality as we knew it began to falter. Widespread terror and destruction burst out as humans began to change, while others turned entirely.

Then, three stopped, surpressing the wild powers with incantations.

Twenty years since then, the Magic academy of the Order of the Magius, Headed by the three fateful mages. This academy has accepted only students who display a vested interest in educating themselves in the new worlds mysticism.

Students come from all walks of life, all races and species. Today the academy occupies the same area as a small city, a massive structure dominating the skyline, the forbidden archives.

Story of the game: simple, students and professors are all living in the academies grounds, training. There are going to be some wild occurences later but now, daily and simple life.

Char sheet:
User:
Character Name:
Race: (IF YOU SAY VAMPIRE AND SPARKLE I WILL PERSONALLY EAT YOUR FACE OFF WITH CHAINSAWS!)
Magic:
Brief Description: (images are allowed)
Brief history:

Other NPC characters will get Char sheets later.
If anyone wants to be the other two legendary mages PM me.

Approved characters

Char sheet:
User: Kaitekarue
Character Name: Padrich O'connor
Sex: Male
Race: (IF YOU SAY VAMPIRE AND SPARKLE I WILL PERSONALLY EAT YOUR FACE OFF WITH CHAINSAWS!) Immortal human.
Magic: Magus (Think god in human form and thats his power.) Strong emphasis on second sight, water and earth, barriers. Seer.
Brief history: At the age of ten became the only member of the magius order. He became quite skilled at barrier magic. After three years he discovered the Magus's book and took on the duties of his new position.

He discovered the prophecies and drew his two companions in with him

Char sheet:
User:Kaitekarue
Character Name: Jonathan Aletheon
Race: Vampire (psychic)
Magic: whatever those around him have, and psychic/emotional drainage
Brief history: A young man, born a year after the awakening, he was raised by his parents who had no understanding of their new found powers. Over his first 16 years, he was considered fairly magically retarded. Until he reached the first trial. After which his vampiric nature began to arise. In less than two years, he sent over twelve individuals into deep depression, and two committed suicide.

Soon Magus O'connor found him and carried him into the protection of the Archive Academy.

Despite being a vampire, he is not goth or emo, in fact, he is relatively perky. Draining psychic and emotional energy from others does that to a guy.
Ashlen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:44 am Reply with quote        
Sorry it didn't say if I should post this here or pm it, so I figured I'd post it.

Char sheet:
User: Ashlen
Character Name: Laurel Silverleaf
Age: Appears in her early 20's. Has spent somewhere in the area of 35 years awake (so she's very young by dryad standards)
Sex: Female
Race: Dryad (A sort of nymph with a strong affiliation with plants and trees)
Magic: A strong connection with nature, as well as life giving (healing) abilities
Brief Description: Her picture
Brief history: At the time of her birth magic was already very weak and rare. While the elders were still strong from their years of training, children were having difficulty performing even the simplest of magics. Even the magic that sustained their life was weakening. Laurel, along with many other saplings, retreated to her birthgrove and fell into a slumber within the spirit of her trees. She would rather sleep forever with her grove than lose her connection to it. With the fateful day of magics return, she awoke to find herself in a new world.

She now resides at the university, sleeping amongst the orchards, she tends the gardens and lends her aid in the medical ward when needed.

I hope that's okay, tell me if there are any adjustments that might clash with your current storyline.
Kaitekarue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote        
Accepted! welcome!
Dawntreader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote        
Is this still alive? I hope it is, it sound interesting.

Char sheet:
User: Dawntreader
Character Name: Manar (No last name)
Sex: female
Race: Human
Magic: Shaman, a human with a deep connection to the spirit realm and to the many elements and the wild creatures of the earth.
Brief Description: Manar has long dark hair which she wears decorated with beads and the occasional feather. She has dark olive skin and almond shaped hazel eyes.
Brief history: Manar was born to a Gypsy horse trainer and the daughter of a Egyptian fisherman a year after the awakening. After the awakening it took a years for the news to reach Manar's nomadic band. Growing up, before the word of magic's return reached the tribe, Manar spent more time than she should have listening to her grandmother's stories from when she was a child and shamans and magic were part of the everyday life. When Manar was 5 word finally caught up with the band and Manar's parents and grandmother recognized her for what she was, a new generation of the ancient Gypsy magics. When Manar was 16 the band spent a month in the area around the Acedemy, entertaining students and staff alike, and when the band moved on, Manar stayed, there was only so much she could learn about her magics from her grandmother's stories.

"Love. Can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat in the air that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home."
Kaitekarue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
was she born before or after awakening? Because if before she has to be more than twenty.

Otherwise approved
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
User: Lexi Luthor
Character Name: Kan Kor (Together it sounds like Conquer XD)
Race: Physical Vampire (No not the sparkly kind, the drink blood kind. And easily gets sunburnt)
Magic: regular physical vampire abilities
Brief Description: his picture [x]
Brief history: Kan was born before the awakening. He easily adapted to his new awakened powers, since he gained them at such a young age. He considers himself the strongest vampire in existence. He is usually very calm and shows no emotion. Though if you piss him off he may accidently lose control and phase into blood lust. This is when his eyes go red and he has little control of his actions. Also he is very coniving as well as convincing. He enjoys playing with people's minds. He is attending this school to see if there is anything he may not know. He is also attending to learn about others that were affected. Many look up to him highly and many respect him out of fear. There are not alot of people who don't know him.

Normally he walks around without a shirt on. Because well, that's just him >_>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote        
Manar was born after the awakening, I edited the post to include that little bit.

"Love. Can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat in the air that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home."
Kaitekarue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote        
... kan kor is approved as well.

Okay i think we have enough to start with, tomorrow.... after i get out of class... its one here now. Alright, tomorrow the semester starts! Welcome students!
Kaitekarue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote        
Johnathan lazily opened the blinds, wincing at the bright light hurt his eyes. he hadn't slept at all last night. He had been staying at a small hotel a few blocks from the Academy. His eyes whirled a little and He smiled broadly. His short, unruly brown hair plastered against his head. His semester starts this afternoon. He picked up his small letter, a single embossed adress in gold, "Central square. Two oclock." He muttered. Picking up his jacket he looked around the small room, "well Time to go."
(open now! sorry been busyXD)
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote        
Kan had switched over to sleeping during the day and waking up at night about a year after the awakening. When he noticed how easily his skin burned he thought it would be a good idea to be night-walker ran than a day-walker. Nocturnal you could say. So he hadn't slept all last night. Instead he decided that he would stay up all night and day and begin sleeping during the night again because of classes. He wasn't particularly excited to go, but saw it more as a duty to himself sort of thing. Nonetheless he would be going.

He was stayed in his own house, alone. It had 2 bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms and was two stories. It wasn't the biggest house in the biggest house in the world but he didn't mind. It served it's purpose and either way he didn't really like big places. It was about 4 miles or so away from the school.

Kan looked down from the TV and at his watch. It was time he better be going. He walked over to the table, picked up his bookbag, keys, and went to his garage. He drove a imperial blue Camaro SS, which was easily bought since he had bought such a small house. When you have so many connections, getting the things you want was easy. It had dark tinted windows so that if he was ever driving during the day he wouldn't be sun burnt.

He unlocked his car and threw his bookbag into the back seat. At that moment his cell phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID, it said, Gregor. He picked up, "Hey Kan, you're on your way to school right? I wanted to make sure you didn't fall asleep." Kan replied, "Of course I'm awake. I'm in the car right now. I gotta go." he hit his garage door remote button and hung up his phone.

Gregor had to be one of the only people he could truly trust. Gregor had become also become a vampire during the changes. They had been best-friends as children and both went through the same thing. Kan, had easily taken to his powers though and had to help Gregor control himself during the change. Gregor didn't get an invitation to the school for some reason.

Kan leaned over and opened his glove compartment and pulled out both the invitation and his GPS which he hooked up and keyed address in. After it routed his way to the school, he straightened his tie to his suit, pulled out of he driveway, and began his trip to school.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote        
Stretching, Padrich sighed, "Gods above," he sat stood up slowly and shook his rather unimpressive form into the robes that had been laid out for him. Glancing at the letters on his desk he rubbed his eyes, his hair was a mess, eyes golden, and skin had a slight tan. "They can't get on for one blasted week without me." he muttered glancing out from the window in his study high above the campus. "Well they have to get along for one more day." He sighed as he waved his hand lazily, a glint of silver fluttered to his hand as he shaped it into a small hawk. "Alright, I'm coming so don't be sending Ser." A loud knock cut through his message as a voice peirced his study.
"Get your lazy Ass up Padrich! This entire mess of a project was your idea!"

he wandered slowly through the streets, excitement washing over him. He shivered slightly in the warm breeze. The air was crackling with power as he passed a group of black eyed succubi. "Hey ladies!" He grinned and slowed, frowning as they giggled and bat their eyelashes at him. "What are such fine specimens..." he was cut off by a small leprechaun shooing him away, "Git, Git! Them be haggling!" the small, lumpy green man hissed.
After being hurried along by the end of a sharp sheleliegh he sighed, a small headache forming from the small mans ire. "Grumpy much?" he muttered as he bumped into some one in front of him. "Sorry! I am so sorry, I wasn't looking," he stammered as he pulled away from a large troll who simply smiled.
"Dont worry little one," the troll muttered, eyes twinkling, "yer new right. School?"
"Yessir... maam... umm.. I'm sorry what are you?"
"Troll dear boy!"
"I.. know that but I mean, what should I call you," Stammering John looked around, people just continued flowing around them.
"Unterbraun please," the troll boomed, placing a hand on the small of his back and pushing him along, "Don't worry about it. I'm the librarian at the school. Good job, lots of books. Yer not lost lost are you?"

Jonathan was practically pulled along to the east entrance gate to the campus facilities, "Here you are, just follow the path thataway and your in the Central square." Unterbraun smiled broadly as he pushed Jon through the gate, "Just dont wander off the path, the weather is tricky around her." he add.

Jon stumbled through the massive silver gate. After regaining his balance, dusting off his shirt and shorts, he looked around. "Tricky... thats the understatement of the century." To his right, a thick layer of snow covered the grounds, the wind whipping up a blizzard, to his left, a temperate spring, birds flitting around and singing, touched the grounds. "I hope its not like this all year," he muttered as he leaned closer to the snow.
CrystalLD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote        
I hope I'm not too late Oh Mai

User: CrystalLDiamond
Name: Cietra El Viedo (weird names are fuuun Happy)
Race: human (I'm a sticker for rpin as my own species ^^")
Magic: darkness (why? I dunno) and water (because I like those elements. They go good together Weeeee )
Brief description: She stands at 4'13" but absolutely HATES being called 'short', 'shorty', 'bean', or anything of the sort. She has long black hair with blue streaks that falls to her stomach, and cheerful brown eyes that reflect the world around them. She usually wears a long cloak that looks like the night sky, and a hat of the same colour, though she can sometimes be seen wearing pants and a tank top.
Brief history: cietra's parents died while she was at a young age, forcing her to fend for herself. Due to that she grew up knowing her surroundings better than the average human. When magic was awoken once more she felt it like a punch to the stomach, and wanted to learn more about it. That's why she enrolled in the academy.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote        
I'm hoping two characters are okay. If not, I'll change things about~

User: Juneberry
Character Name: Sayaku Catane
Magic: Water Manipulation
Brief Description: A mildly muscular male with fairly rugged features. He has thick skin that is slightly tanned and a lean, athletic build. Brown hair awkwardly stays messy on his head most of the time, almost never tame, and contrasts greatly with his bright blue eyes.
Brief history: The first born of a family of farmers far in the countryside, he got the luck and health in the family. He grew up on the farm and has great skill with animals because of his history with it. He left the family farm after his parents died to live with his sister and uncle in the big city, before going to the academy with his sister.

User: Juneberry
Character Name: Flutter Catane
Sex: Female
Magic: Fire Manipulation/Creation
Brief Description: Despite being human, she has long and uniquely blue hair. She is of small stature and has a meager frame, which proves her poor health. Her eyes are generally a dim green, and she is always huddled in thick clothes due to her difficulty with the cold.
Brief history: The younger child of a family of farmers, Flutter grew up separated from her brother and parents because of her poor health, living alone with her uncle in the big city for medical treatment. When their parents died, her brother came to live with them, and eventually the two came to realize their abilities with elements and chose to try to learn to control and work with them properly.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote        
You guys are two years late. I'm pretty sure the creator of this thread is inactive ^^;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
Oops. I just saw a new post here and assumed it was new or open xD My bad ;-;