Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Amlynd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote        
So, kids, you guys write, don't you? Well, it's November. For those of you who don't know what that means, let be give it to you straight: it's a contest of sorts, a challenge against yourself to write at least fifty thousand words on one novel, and to do it in thirty days. For those of you who do know what it means, if you're participating, it's a month of terror and mayhem. But it doesn't have to be! Come in, tell me your sob stories, your word goals, brag a bit--don't worry, I won't bite.

I, personally, am planning on 90k, and have gotten in 5k today.

Maybe it won't make your NaNo less terrifying, but it might make you feel better.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
I write, but I cannot write THAT much in such a short amount of time. Good luck to everyone that enters, though!

I wish I could join, but I don't have the attention span. I'd need a NaNoWriYear.

Amlynd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote        
Nobody ever said you had to write well, and honestly, once you press the go button in your brain (at least as far as I can tell), you just GO GO GO. Even if it's utter schlock.

That's what I do every year.

It's an experience I definitely suggest everybody who likes to write tries at least once. It makes writing shorter things that suck less way easier. Smile
Syd-Cymbaline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote        
I would try... but I know I'd fail... T.T

My one story (that got deleted, DAMNIT!) was about 130-something pages (however much that is in words, I dun know) worth... but that took many years and time and not going anywhere... and it was mostly written in boredom... and that story, I admit, was very... lame... XP

However, I still don't think I'll be able to write that much... T.T

Misa:"I can't imagine a world without Light!"
L: "Yes, that would be dark."

"Ramoraparu did you steal my kills? I BELIEVE YOU DID!"
~Nobunaga (Travis - 4playerpodcast)
Kattie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:40 am Reply with quote        
I attempted to write a NaNovel once, but failed. I kind of lost inspiration and never finished. I'm not a novelist, I write drabbles and short stories. XD

Please, draw me a Nomadic Glowing Rasta Fungus?

<- Pure epic win and awesome! Happy
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:31 am Reply with quote        
Same here. I do want, at some point, to take all my short stories and compile them into a book. And maybe that book will be long enough to be a novel, because all the short stories are about the same two characters.

Syd-Cymbaline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote        
Ooooh... I like Keyla's idea... fairly interesting... XP

dreamer676

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 am Reply with quote        
hey there I'm doing NaNo this year. I'm so behind, but I'm trying. I need to write about 2.5k words to catch up. Doesn't help that the next three days I'll be away from a computer. So I'll be back to square one being behind by about 6k words XC.

Art done by Crow Happy
Amlynd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, if you're going to be away from the computer, it can't help to handwrite some stuff. I did that this morning because they wouldn't allow my netbook in class like they normally do.

(I, however, was not worried about getting behind, since I might be slightly obsessive about NaNo and may, possibly, have around 13k >.>)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds like a really fun challenge, but I'm still in school so I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to it. :<

dreamer676

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote        
I did think about handwriting, but I'm also not a very speedy typer. So I thought that even if I hand wrote loads I would not get it onto the computer and would therefore feel like I was wasting time a bit.

Art done by Crow Happy
P.S. Moon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
If you ever read my story on nano yould probably wouldn't be able to follow it. All I do is read the dare machine and have an absolute blast making a absolute mess of words. I have fun, and get tons of words out.

This year I'm trying to actually make sense of my writing and save it.
50k!
Good luck to all of you.

*Goes and writes furiously*
Kimi_Delaetus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote        
Hm...I know its a little late in the game, but I might wanna try joining >>;;

If I get inspiration and time, I'm normally good to go.
Like, insanely good to go.
It's when I run out/have no time that things get ugly.

OHWAIT.

I just remembered...I came up with an idea for an epic story~

Time to make some outlines to flesh out some charries a tad, then set to work. I think Imma participate for once XD

I will take your breath away
...and kill threads.

Kupsy wrote:
I'm vegetarian, I'd be a crap zombie.
Fear the wrath of the vegetarian zombie!! It will invade your vegetable gardens and turn all the cabbages into zombie vegetables! >:o
Syd-Cymbaline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote        
Yey, Kimi! ^^

Amlynd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote        
Do eet!

I'm all for people jumping on board, even late in the game. Smile In case you're interested, you're sitting at if you do needing about 3000 words per day if you're shooting for 50k, but if you do some binge writes (which are fun, 8k word days for the win), that probably won't even be necessary.

I really advise getting in touch with your ML and attending write-ins, though, especially if you know anyone else who's going. They can be really fun, and I don't know about your region, but in our region, we're earning stickers. I need about twenty of them. >.>

I myself have about...ten thousand words to write before I catch up with the ridiculous word goal that I'm supposed to be at by today, so it will be a fun afternoon, for sure.

FOR SPARTAAAA!