Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Halloween 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Scary Story Night: Winners announced!!!
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote        

Walking around the Great Gated City, you suddenly noticed light coming form a hill not too far away. Curious, you walk toward it, soon realizing that people are sitting in circle, surrounded by many candles. You approach a bit more and one of them notices you, making you a sign to come closer.

"Welcome to the Scary Story Circle!" the woman say, a large grin on her face. Seeing your unsure look, she adds: "We come here at Halloween to share scary stories, poems and songs. At the end of the event, prizes are awarded for the best stories. Feel free to join us... if you think you can handle it!"

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote        
Rules:
  1. Follow Midorea's rules, and the contest's rules.
    This mostly means: Everything post should be PG-13!!!

2. All entries must be your original work.

3. Follow the rules of each category when entering something. See the posts below for more info.

4. We encourage you to chat and comment other people's work (if they request it especially), but bashing will not be tolerated.

5. You will be allowed to edit your entry until the deadline is reached. Just PM me for that.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote        
Short Stories:
... or stories with less than 500 words.

Rules:
  1. This category is reserved for story under 500 words long. This means:
    - it must be a story (i.e. a narrative writing, etc., etc.);
    - anything longer should go into the "Long Stories" category.

2. All entries must be submitted before 11:59PM November 13th, 2010. The contest is done!

3. All entries must be submitted using the following form.

4. You can enter up to 3 entries in this category. Your entries in other categories don't count in this total.

5. There must be a minimum of 5 entries made by different people for prizes to be awarded in this category. If it isn't reached by the deadline, the contest will either be cancelled or extended.

Prizes and Winners:
    sychobunny will get a set of Halloween 2010 items, 50 gold and 5,000 silver for winning the 1st place.

Kimi_Delaetus will get ½ a set of Halloween 2010 items of their choice, 40 gold and 2,500 silver for getting the 2nd place.

Urboros will get the other ½ set (basically what the 2nd place winner doesn't pick), 20 gold and 1,000 silver for getting the 3rd place.

Two prizes of 250 silver will also be granted to neomattlac and -YuuCute as participation prizes.

Prizes will be awarded based on the general quality of an entry, its originality and the quality of the writing. Special prizes could also be added for exceptional entries.

Entry Form:
Code:
[b][color=yellow]I MADE YOU A SHORT STORY!!![/color][/b]
[b]Writer's Name:[/b]
[b]Title of the story:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]

Entries:
Quote:
  1. Sychobunny wrote:
    Writer's Name:Sychobunny
    Title of the story: A Girl's Promise
    Entry:
    There was a girl who was loved by her friends, and by her family. She was a precious little girl. Precious because she was so fragile. She was sick. Many days, too sick to leave the house. Too sick to go to school, play outside. Too sick to be a child. When they would not let her outside, and her friends were at school, she’d sit by the window, gazing at the world. Some days it would take hours just to get from bed to her sitting spot, but no matter how long, how many rests needed, the view was worth it. Even when she was carried back to bed, she would still long for her glimpse at the outside.
    One night, while gazing at pale moon, she found next to her a pale, small man. He asked why she was alone on this beautiful night. Everyone was asleep was her response. He asked why she wasn’t, and she replied, “I slept all day, I can’t miss more of the world.” “But you’re not in the world,” said the little man. “I’m too sick to go. I haven’t felt the breeze in weeks, the sun for months. The last I held a ball- the last I sat on a swing…” she said. “Aye, that is hard for such a wee one, but I can help,” said the little man, “I will grant you a wish, to make you healthy, but you must provide us a home.”
    Her eyes wide, heart swelled and she desperately whispered, “Yes!”
    And then he was gone. She did get better, and no longer had to stay at home. The doctors were amazed but proud.
    All the while, something grew on that old window. Metallic yet living; a metric, hexagonal fungus. It went ignored. The girl was better and didn’t need the window. She could go outside, and live. She used her gift well. She went to school, became a doctor, became a leader, gave speeches, and all the while, the metallic fungus waited and grew. Her parents died, she kept the house where she spent so much time locked, but her visits were short. And became less frequent.
    Something happened in the world. People started dying, animals started dying. Inanimate objects seemed to shoot at the animated. Homes and cities were no longer safe. The girl, a woman thought she’d be safe at home, where she was locked for years, and took her fiancé to find safety together. Before she could get inside, shots came. They ducked into bushes, creped along to find safety. He was shot. She was alone. Again. She was outside her house, desperately wishing for the safety. She followed with her eyes the direction of the source, and found something. She drew closer, and found something metallic. Something hexagonal, yet fungus-like, and remembered - promise she made, a barter that made her. And she knew that she was the reason that all the earth would soon be devoid of life.

2. neomattlac wrote:
    Linkie be here

3. Urboros wrote:
    Writer's Name: Urboros
    Title of the story: Death mist
    Entry:

Mist curdled around each leg as the beast moved forward, silently. The night was dark, there was to be a full moon tonight but the cloud cover prevented seeing it. The air was thick with silence, a grave sign of what the beast was even crickets dare not chirp. The mist seemed the only thing that cared for the beast clinging upon the hide, in a loving embrace.
    You witnessed such a thing truly terrifying. The beast seemed to have an animal like form yet it seemed to distort as it moved. The gloom in which it moved only obscured it as it unrelenting followed its linear pathway towards a rocky outcropping.

There was a rustling noise coming from the rocks, the shrubs moved to reveal a bear reared up on its hind legs issuing a challenging bellow. The creature stilled, the mist quivered. It happened rather promptly the beast covered the few yards between it and the bear in one mighty pounce. Smashing the bear to the ground, the speed of the assault had left the mist behind and the features of the beast were unveiled.

Grotesque arm like appendages stretched out from the shoulder region and hooked into the bear. Tail was held in an awkward position for any beasts and didn’t seem to move at all during the attack. Hind legs of what looked to be equine in nature, possibly the reason it could cover such a distance so quickly.

The cries of the bear under duress grow louder it seems the monster is toying with its food now. The shoulder appendages are sunk deep into the bear’s shoulders, yet they do not stop the bear from flailing. The bear claws cause damage, damage that could have killed a man; but the beast seems impervious.

The beast opens its mouth to reveal teeth so many miniature needle teeth in row and rows, but the most usual part is that there seems to be a jaw inside a jaw. The tongue is flicked out looking much like a snake tongue and vanishing inside the second jaw which is lined with odd conical shaped teeth that seemed to wiggle on their own accord.

The jaws closed over the bear’s head in a delicate almost tender fashion. The bear still struggled to live, managed to claw through one of the shoulder appendages. A deep whine echoed from the beast before clamped jaws over the bear’s skull.

A definite crack followed by lesser crunches and wet squelches. The beast twisted its head in a show of strength and removed the head from the body. The squelches continued as the beast chewed on the mouthful. Blood and interstial fluid flowing down its chin dripping into the mist that had finally returned the mist seemed to kiss the wound on the shoulder appendage in a motherly manner.

The creature turns, facing you now three eyes acknowledge you. It is then when you wake up in bed covered in cooling sweat.

(I switch tenses, i tried my best to correct the switch please tell me if you've found another switch.-497 words)

4. Kimi_Delaetus wrote:
    Before you all advance on me with pitchforks, this is part one/the intro...meaning the lack of scare is intentional. It gets better, trust me. If you want a hint of what's to come, check out the "rules" mentioned. Also, aside from the complete lack of scare, lemme know what you think if ya get the chance/are so inclined. Thank you for your time *bows*

Also. Word count. Mine is EXACTLY 499 XD

Writer's Name: Kimi_Delaetus
    Title of the story: Welcome to Hell, Part I
    Entry:
    Holly sighed as she read her way through her great-uncle Alfred’s will.

To you, my great-niece, I have entrusted the list of property that follows. However, if you wish to live there safely and undisturbed, you must follow the set of rules I will outline for you.

Firstly, never remove the painting of the beheading of Marie Antoinette.

Secondly, stay out of the basement.

Thirdly, do not attempt to redecorate any rooms--especially the one in the top of the left tower.

Lastly, stay inside the house after the hour of eight o’clock.

I trust that despite your rebelliousness as a child, you will be able to follow these instructions.

I leave to you my entire estate of eight hundred acres; my estate includes the nearby coastline for several miles, a small village and a graveyard as well as my
    privateestate.

Holly, bored and irritated, skipped ahead.

...this is your final warning, Holly. If you will not heed me, let this go to one of the others and you shall receive their inheritance, which is a sizable sum of assets.

Chyeah right
    , she scoffed to herself as she rolled the will up and tucked it into her bag as she boarded the train. Mom always said Uncle was a nutter for not selling this place to developers years ago, when the land was at a premium...but noooo. Uncle had to keep it because it was “handed down for generations”. Who gives a shit if my distant, however many-times-great-aunt was born there?

Her stormy thoughts were echoed by the weather outside the window. The wind whistled shrilly as it rushed in through a space between a window and its metal frame.

Holly rolled her eyes. Yeah, this is really terrifying. The wind making strange noises is beyond cliche...if this is the scariest thing I encounter, I am going to laugh.
    *~*~*~*

She was forced to swallow that thought.

The village she walked through was desolate; all buildings had chipped and peeling paint. The wood had been high quality, but was now darkened and rotted with age. It added to the general aura of decay that shrouded the place.

The walkway to the main estate wasn’t any better. When it had been new, it would’ve been impressive from what she could assume from the occasional glimpse of jagged stone. Now, it was shattered and scattered across the path; debris also littered it, making traversing across it with a wheeled suitcase nearly impossible.

The main estate itself took her breath away. In her mind’s eye, she could see it as it must have originally been--pristine, whole, the castle of every girl’s dreams--with polished white stone and gleaming furnishings. Presently, however, every bit of metal was severely corroded by time and water; the stone was dark, cached with grimes; several of the windows were broken.

The door opened as she approached it.

“We have been awaiting your arrival, Ms. Holly.”

5. -YuuCute wrote:
    Writer's Name: -YuuCute
    Title of the story: Best friends
    Entry: It's halloween evening and Yuki and Mina are watching a scary movie. "I'm gonna get something to drink Yuki, i'll be right back" said Mina. "Sure, i'll wait here" Mina goes down the stairs and arrives in the kitchen, she grabs two glasses of cola, and walks towards the stairs again. But suddendly she sees that the cellar door is open. She is too afraid to go look, so she runs upstairs and shouts "Yuki! the cellar door is open!" and Yuki is shocked, and says "We'll go take a look, don't be afraid" Yuki takes Mina's hand and they walk down the stairs. "You go first!" said Mina, while she pulls Yuki from the stairs. Mina now stands in the opening of the cellar door, and is afraid, but she doesn't like to show that to Yuki. She closes the door, and said "Mina, we are going back upstairs, and continue watching out movie. "You are right, we shouldn't be afraid, there probably was nothing" and they went back upstairs. But then, Mina went into her bedroom and she fell over a shoe wich was laying there. Her knee was bleeding. Yuki was shocked and she said "I'll go get a bandage!" and she runs quickly of the stairs. She is searching for a bandage and suddenly she hears a crack. It was the cellar door wich opened again! Yuki was so scared now, but she needed that bandage for Mina. She found a bandage and quickly gets upstairs, as soon as she arrives in the bedroom, she locks the door. Mina asked "Why do you lock the door, Yuki?" Yuki answered "That isn't important, let me take care of your knee." After 15 minutes of watching movie again, Yuki can't help it, but she needs to tell Mina about the door being open again. She grabs Mina's hand and says "Mina, when i went downstairs to get your bandage, the cellar door was open again." Mina was shocked and said "What? not again!" Yuki decides to go look again. So they both went downstairs and Yuki goes down the cellar stair. She is shocked by what she saw, and faints. Mina saw that Yuki fainted, and she runs down the cellar stairs, she is sooo shocked by the same thing Yuki saw, that she also faints. What the hell will happen with them?

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote        
Long Stories:
... or stories with more than 500 words.

Rules:
  1. This category is reserved for story longer than 500 words. This means:
    - it must be a story (i.e. a narrative writing, etc., etc.);
    - there's no upper limit for the word count;
    - anything shorter should go into the "Long Stories" category.

2. All entries must be submitted before 11:59PM November 13th, 2010. The contest is done!

4. You can enter up to 2 entries in this category. Your entries in other categories don't count in this total.

5. There must be a minimum of 5 entries made by different people for prizes to be awarded in this category. If it isn't reached by the deadline, the contest will either be cancelled or extended.

Prizes and Winners:
    Lexi Luthor will get a set of Halloween 2010 items, 60 gold and 7,500 silver for being the 1st place winner.

Tsemara will get a set of Halloween 2010 items, 40 gold and 5,000 silver for getting the 2nd place.

Hetje will get a set of Halloween 2010 items, 20 gold and 2,500 silver for getting the 3rd place.

Two prizes of 500 silver will also be given to Smite and Syd-Cymbaline as participation prizes (awarded randomly amongst the non-winning entries).

Prizes will be awarded based on the general quality of an entry, its originality and the quality of the writing. Special prizes could also be added for exceptional entries.

Entry Form:
Code:
[b][color=orange]I MADE YOU A LONG STORY!!![/color][/b]
[b]Title of the story:[/b]

Entries:
Quote:
  1. Hetje wrote:
    Writer's Name: Hetje
    Title of the story: The Crawling Chaos
    Entry: The nurse left at five o’clock. The darkness of early morning in the heart of the city prevented him from seeing much beyond the yellow safety lights overhead. Long legs stretched before him as he walked quickly, his white tennis shoes squeaking lightly on the dark asphalt which was wet from a small drizzle only moments before his shift ended. A few drops of rain misted across his forehead and cheeks, left to congregate into small droplets as he made his way down the street towards his home.
    Beyond the light, beyond the sight of the nurse, a tall, lanky man stood, the hood of his jacket pulled up over his head, warding off the mist of rain drops that swirled to their doom upon the black street. His eyes, dark and disinterested, watched the nurse, nostrils flaring slightly as the young man passed. The unmistakable scent of an adult’s after shave, a sprinkling of cologne and a woman’s perfume, leftover from a midnight encounter no doubt, wafted past him. He inhaled, long and deep, wanting to capture and remember the scent of young love and momentary lust.
    Bare feet moved from the shadows, silently stepping in the footprints of the nurse. The milky white flesh did not absorb the water. Instead, as though coated in wax, they denied the water entrance altogether. His hands, hidden inside the pockets of his jacket, twitched in anticipation, a wide grin spreading across his garish features. The young nurse was unaware, a twenty-four hour shift leaving him tired and none-the-wiser.
    Hefting the sling pack a little higher on his back, the nurse hopped around the corner, a brighter-lit street showing him his way home. The rain fell a little heavier, his pale blue scrubs becoming slightly darker as the water soaked through, but his stride never changed, never faltered, and he powered through the exhaustion, intent on getting home to draw the blinds before the sun rose.
    His stalker, still walking silently in his footsteps, drew a little closer, not yet touching the young man that strode on before him. A sickly pale hand drew from the pocket of his jacket, the long arm it attached to reaching forward, as though to grab the nurse. The nurse turned again and the hand went back into hiding as the stranger stopped behind him, watching as the young man pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the gate to the apartment complex.
    Still oblivious, the nurse went through the gate, paying no mind when it paused before shutting noisily behind him. He was two doors down, on the left, the stark, white entrance to his humble home in the city bore a single number near the top. He paid it no mind, instead unlocking the door with a different key and going in, once again ignoring the pause before his door shut behind him. Toeing off his shoes, he pet his cat, lounging lazily on the back of the sofa, checked the food and water, and headed to bed, stripping out of his scrubs on the way.
    The stranger stood, in the tiny foyer, ignored by the cat. The nurse’s home was barren, plain, and smelled only of the oily remains of fast food and cologne. He smiled again, wider, and moved deeper into the man’s home, ruffling the fur of the cat as he passed, his feet whispering across the soft carpet as he moved towards the nurse’s bedroom.
    The door hissed open and still the nurse did not turn. He busied himself with pulling on a thin t-shirt and didn’t notice the man in his room. He paid no mind to the mirror, which warned him of the pale hand reaching for him, the toothy grin on the man’s face, and the strange, dark eyes that glittered with the prospect of …

Word Count is ~640

2. Kimi_Delaetus wrote:
    Writer's Name: Kimi_Delaetus
    Title of the story: (title is still pending; any suggestions would be welcome)
    Entry:
    I blinked and looked around, confused. Where was I now? I had just been wandering up a scarcely lit street in a cul-de-sac, reveling in the fact that despite the light, I cast no shadow. Frowning, I looked around the room; that was when I saw it.

The others had warned me about those; how if you weren’t careful, you would be pulled in and kept where you had been called. I was drifting progressively closer and hurriedly turned to run. I collided—COLLIDED---with the wall and bounced off. My shock immobilized me and I was sucked in before I could shake it off. I could walk through walls as easily as Normals walked through an open door, so why had the wall suddenly become as impassable as a closed door?

“Spirit, are you here?” Came a female voice, accompanied by many giggles. I ignored the question and focused my energy on getting out of this stupid ouija board. It refused to release me; I had to do their bidding before I could escape.

I focused and stopped, letting out a hiss of pain. It hurt…but if I didn’t do it, I’d never get out of here. I focused again and made the planchette move to “yes”. That got me squeals, giggles, and an avalanche of stupid questions. How the hell should I know who they’re going to marry or how many kids they’ll have?!

“Can you move the planchette on your own?” Came a new voice; there had been one who had remained silent.

I hurriedly used their hands to move it to “no” and recoiled, wincing. It hurt enough to merge with their hands, so why would merging with an inanimate object be any better? I reconnected myself and found that all the other girls had fallen silent.

“What is your name, spirit?” Repeated the one who had been silent.

I paused. My name…? Why did this one want to talk about me, anyway? Didn’t she want to ask some pointless question, like “will Orlando Bloom marry me”? I sighed and moved the planchette to “I”, then “no” and “no”.

“Inono?” Mumbled one of the girls. “What a stupid name...”

“No, he means “I don’t know”.” Came the only one of the group I think I might be warming up to.

She seemed sensible enough at least…then I noticed the lack of recoil. There was no pain this time…did that mean that I was free to go? I noticed I was floating above the board now and I tried to flee, but rebounded off the wall again. Now what did they want?

“Where are you from?” Questioned one of the former gigglers.

I glared and turned the planchette to “no”. If I couldn’t remember my own name, what makes them think I remember where I’m from?

“Got any take on that, Maya?” Grumbled one of the girls.

“Yah, I do. He doesn’t want to tell a bunch of giggly girls who he was or where he was from.” Came the now-flat voice of the one girl I could get along with.

“Well…who cares what you think?!” Hissed the girl; I glared, and this time the planchette reacted by shoving her hands off it. The circle of girls stilled.

“I think you just made him angry, Rachel.” Maya commented drolly.

“Shut up!” Hissed said Rachel, her skin white under her tan. When she made to put her hands back on the planchette, I had it move away from her hands. “C’mon guys, grow up.”

“None of us moved it.” Maya stated.

“I didn’t move it or my name’s not Ann!” Chirped another girl; she seemed the type who had asked about how many kids she would have.

“Good, Ann. Put a good word in with the ghost for me, would you?” Mumbled one of the two remaining unnamed girls.

“Certainly, Aya.”

“What about me? Are you guys gonna leave poor lil’ ole me to be eaten by the beastie ghostie?” Whined the last girl in a kidding tone. Yup, we got ourselves a believer there.

“If you piss the ghost off, I’m not risking my neck to save you, Raina.” Grumbled Maya.

“How do you know the ghost is a guy, anyway?” Raina muttered, crossing her arms. I gestured at the planchette.

“I”, “A”, “M”.

There was total silence in the room after that. I smirked in satisfaction; girls, even in this time period, were too easy to scare. Then again, most normal boys want nothing to do with “magic”, so it would be a bit harder to come upon a group of them…not that they’d be that easy to frighten.

“Okay, Mr. Ghost, can we call you G Dawg?” Raina quipped; I glared and the planchette shoved her hands off as well, which cut off the giggles that had begun.

“I” “W” “A” “N” “T” “O” “G” “O”. I spelled out.

“Iwan togo?” Rachel mumbled. “Is this guy dyslexic or something?”

“He SAID I want to go.” Maya growled.

“Then why don’t you?” That Raina girl seemed intrigued now. Great. I was gonna be here all freaking night.

“I” “C” “A” “N” “T”.

“You can’t…?” Ann frowned. “Why not?”

I moved the planchette to “I”, then “no”, then “no” again.

“You don’t know…?” Maya made a “hm” noise. What is with these girls? I got myself prepared for torture, and now they’re going paranormal investigator on me. I really wish they’d make up their minds whether they’re going to be hormonal teenage girls or detectives with a case to solve..

“Well…” Ann murmured.

“Let’s get to business, shall we?” Rachel had her hands on the planchette again and Raina soon added hers as well. Business…?

“We’ve called you here because we want to find out what happened to Blake Blythe, Rachel’s twin brother.” Murmured the one called Aya.

Blake Blythe…? The name sounded familiar…That new ghost, the one who was always talking about missing his family…that’s what he had said his name was.

“B” “R” “O” “W” “N” “E” “Y” “E” “S”.

“Yes, yes!” Rachel cried out. “My brother has brown eyes!”

“And so do half the rest of the people on this planet.” Muttered Raina.

I ignored her and spelled out “C” “R” “E” “C” “E” “N” “T” “M” “O” “N” “T” “A” “T”.

“Cre centmont at? What the heck does that mean?!” Rachel growled.

“It, my dear friend, means that our ghost needs to be reminded that we only speak English here.” Raina quipped.

“…that was NOT Spanish!” Ann returned.

“Nor French.” Maya added. “Besides, it was “crecent mon tat” …which can easily be translated as “crescent moon tattoo”. And, if I recall, that was his sixteenth birthday present from all of us.”

“I” “V” “E” “S” “E” “N” “I” “M”.

“Ivese nim?!” Raina blinked, but Rachel frowned.

“I’ve…sen im? I’ve seen…him? I’ve seen him, I’ve seen him!!” She cried.

“H” “E” “S” “D” “E” “D”.

“Hesded…he’s…” She broke off, eyes wide.

“Dead.” Maya finished. There was total silence, and I frowned, feeling a hint of remorse for just dropping it on them. As the silence stretched and it’s large maw widened, I felt like I had dropped a cinderblock on them from on top of an overpass.

“W-Would…” Rachel stopped, her breathing ragged. “Would you try to help us find him?”

“I” “C” “A” “N” “T”

“Why not?!” Despair mixed with anger oozed from her tone.

“He already told us he wants to leave but can’t.” Maya reminded them. It was nice to know I had a champion among the living…wait. Why do I care what these airheads think anyway? They’re probably just a bunch of cheerleaders who’re looking for their jock friend. They jumped when the planchette rolled around the board erratically. “Since it’s obvious that we’ll get no further,” she paused, indicating the still whirring planchette, “I think we ought to let him go.” All of them reluctantly agreed, but I could pick Rachel’s voice out of the rest of them, because it was hoarse from tears.

“Spirit, we release you.” All of them stated in unison. They cleared the board and placed it on the floor, careful not to put the planchette on the board. One of them flicked the lights on and I stared.

The one who sat where Maya’s voice had came from had black hair with red highlights and purple eyes. Her clothing was a combination of tomboy meets goth in black and various shades of purple.

The person sitting where Ann’s voice had come from surprised me more. She had plain, brown, mousy hair, brown eyes and glasses. She looked like a typical geek.

Rachel, to my shock, was not a cheerleader, though she was pretty. Her hair was blonde, as I had expected, but it was clearly natural, and in a short bob, though the bangs currently covered her eyes…but they couldn’t cover the tears.

Raina was another goth, but she favored red and black over Maya’s purple and black attire. Her hair was an auburn and her eyes were a green-yellow.

Aya had pale, white-blond hair and vibrant green eyes. She seemed to be what today would be called a “Plain Jane”.

I was wrong...very wrong. The people who had caused my death were vastly different than these girls; none of them were cheerleaders or jocks…and I was willing to bet that none of them drank either. I hovered for another moment and found that all of them were shaken in some way.

“D…d’you think…” Rachel managed out hoarsely.

“I don’t know.” Raina murmured, but patted her knee sympathetically. Aya, Ann and Raina glanced at the silent Maya.

“Maya?” Rachel choked out, finally raising her head; her eyes were a clear turquoise color.

“Some ghosts are mischievous…” She murmured as way of reply, but I could tell just to look at her that she knew I was being truthful.

"What do you think of THIS ghost?" Rachel bit out; she was in no mood for evasions. Well...that was my fault.

"...I think...he was being truthful..." Maya stated, meeting Rachel's red-rimmed eyes calmly.

"How would some ghost know?!" The distraught blonde cried.

"Because they can interact with others." Purple eyes stared straight at me. "And if a person is killed in a sudden or violent manner, they are more likely to become ghosts."

I froze, then glared. “Who the hell d’you think you are?”

All, save Maya, jumped and whirled around.

“W-what was t-that?” Rachel squeaked; Ann and her clung to each other, while Raina frowned and Aya hugged herself.

“That was our illustrious guest.” Maya commented drolly. “He seems to dislike the fact that I’m staring at him.”

Rachel gaped; Aya shuddered; Ann looked a combination of fascinated and horrified.

Raina finally dared voice the question, “...you can see him?”

“I doubt it.” I found myself muttering. “She’s probably faking us all out.”

“You would like to think that, wouldn’t you, Aaron?”

I blacked out to screaming.

3. Syd-Cymbaline wrote:
    Writer's Name: Syd-Cymbaline
    Title of the story: Train Wreck
    Entry:
    A cold windless night swept in front of the woman dressed in dark clothes: a jacket, long sleeved black shirt and blue jeans. Her face, pale as the moon, looked out towards the planes of Switzerland. She pouted, and then looked back at a man that sat next to her on the steel black bench. He nodded at the woman; she did the same, though her now was accompanied by a small smile. He then opened the paper, and started to read the local news.
    She sighed, a white puff of air coming from her mouth. At the train’s whistle, she smiled and rose from the bench. The train stopped with a hiss, belching steam. She then got on the train, letting the conductor take her ticket. She sat at a window seat, her eyes focused on the strain station. The man was still there, holding the paper to his eyes.
    The train jerked back, hissing once more. It pushed itself towards the plains of Switzerland, going into the black shade of the night.
    It was then that she observed the rest of the car’s passengers. A woman in a plain, dark blue dress and shawl, her skin pale and old, was sitting on the far left of the wooden car; her head rested on the green leather booth. A man was also sitting in the car with his young son. They were looking out the window in a wonderment as the plains and moon passed them by. The boy then came up to her, a silly lopsided grin on his face.
    She smiled at the boy. "Well, how are you?"
    His smile widened. ""Good." He then pointed to his father, who was smiling at the boy proudly. "That's my dad."
    "I see that." She said, waving at the father of the boy.
    Just then the old woman beamed at her and the man. The man then looked away, motioning towards the boy to move closer to him so he could look out the window again. The woman looked at her, confused, and then went back to sleeping against the booth.
    The woman closed her eyes, leaning her head against the cold glass of the window. The movement seemed to lull her asleep. Her eyelids twitched every now and then. She smiled, remembering that she was going to see someone she had not seen in a while. It seemed as if she was so happy that her grin widened at the thought of the man.
    However, when she opened her eyes, she noticed that she was back on the bench. She looked over to the man, who was still reading his paper, and then walked away from the station.
    The man glanced at the woman as she walked away, and then went back to reading his paper.
    On the front of the newspaper was a picture of the same woman. In bold font it said:

A Train Wrecked Heart

For one woman, Katie Hurt, once was so. She was about to go to her boyfriends' gravestone. She said, "I want to visit [his gravestone]. I will continue on living until I do so." However, due to injuries she sustained when she was pushed onto the tracks of an old freight train as it came into the station, she never got to see it. She had also said that she would not rest until she visited the gravestone of her boyfriend, Mr. Michka Karvorkian.

WORD COUNT: 574

4. lexi luthor wrote:
    [b]Writer's Name: Lexi Luthor
    Title of the story: Fade to Darkness
    Entry:The light in the building flickered before they faded to black. “Damn it!” a loud voice echoed throughout the hospital. Footsteps sounded going tck tck hurriedly moving to find a flashlight. It was very unusual that the power completely blanked out. A back-up generator usually kicked in. Of course it was storming outside but there was no way none of the back-ups kicked in.

Natalie had been sipping coffee in the break room when the lights went down. The hot coffee was now down the front of her and she had been the one who had cursed. She was wearing her nurse’s outfit, a white knee-length dress and white heels. She had just started working at her new job and was only 23.

“I’m never going to be able to get this stain out!” she whined.

“Shut up and help me find o flashlight,” john, one of the other doctors that had been in the break room with her growled. A dim light lit up the room and crossed it before landing on her.

“Get it out of my eyes!” Natalie said, while throwing her hands up in front of her face.

A bit calmer this time John said, “It’s dying let’s go see if any of the others have better flashlights.” Without waiting for her to answer he started walking towards the door. Natalie rushed after him almost tripping on her heels.

“Wait for-“ Natalie could barely get the words out of her mouth before john said, “It’s locked.” His voice echoed throughout the room leaving a eerie atmosphere. The fear of the dark came naturally to Natalie. She never did enjoy it. Every creek in the floor or footstep made her jump and sent chills down her spine.

“That can’t be possible!” Natalie exclaimed and tried the door for herself with no luck. She knocked on the door a couple times with no luck. Fear, getting the best of her, made her pound both fists on the door as hard as she could. She let out a whine and leaned against the door tired out.

“Stop that!” John said grabbing her arm. John had been working at the hospital for about 15 years. He was widowed, and his wife died in a terrible accident. He was a cold person, and had gray hair. Most people in the hospital avoided him, afraid they would get on his bad side.

“Natalie.” A voice whispered in her ear.

“What John?” she asked. “Huh, I didn’t say anything.” He said. The flashlight he was holding flickered and faded to black. Natalie let out a scream and a flash of lightning lit up the room. Behind John was a black figure looming with what looked like a knife held high above his head.

“John!” She screeched stumbling backwards. “Wha-“ his sentence was cut short by the sound of his screams and metal meeting skin. Natalie dashed for where she thought the door was and grabbed the knob. It opened with ease and she flew out the door and onto the floor. Another screech escaped her throat as she scrambled to her feet and kicked off her heels.

“Help me! Anyone please help me!” she yelled at the top of her lungs while running down the hallway. Spiders crawled along the walls as if they were chasing her. Corpses crawled out of the doorways moaning. The only source of light was the areas near the windows were the moon shined in. Natalie stopped for a half of a second deciding which turn to make, she didn’t hear a thing. No screaming, no beeping of heart monitors, no chatter of visitors, nothing. It was as if everyone disappeared leaving her to face this hell hole alone.

She turned and started running down another hallway. A foot came out of the darkness and tripped Natalie so she fell on her face. She whimpered and rolled over. Above her was a black figure with no eyes no nose and a sewn shut mouth. The little hair it had was grey and crawling with bugs.

“Please… I don’t want to die…” she whimpered. Those were the last words she whispered before fainting and fading to darkness.

~~~

“This is where we keep the special cases!” a doctor said cheerfully to a small family who was getting a tour of the hospital. He continued walking past a door without explaining it. “Wait, what’s in there?” one of the women in the family asked.

“Oh, she is one of the special cases. She has a very extreme case of schizophrenia.” He replied. He opened the door which led into a completely white room with cushions for ever four walls as well as the ceiling and floor. The girl on the floor of the cell whimpered “Please… I don’t want to die…” before convulsing and laying still.

“Oh my god! Is she going to be okay?” The woman exclaimed in surprise.

“She’ll be just fine.” As he finished his sentence the girl who had just convulsed jumped to her feet and eyed up the woman. The girl’s mouth hung limp and her eyes had a wild look in them. She craned her neck and made a cracking noise before jumping onto the woman and tackling her to the ground. She began ripping at the woman’s skin with her teeth as she screeched and made animalistic noises.

The lights in the hospital flickered then faded to darkness.

5. Smite wrote:
    Writer's Name: Smite
    Title of the story: A Pumpkin Problem
    Entry:

Elmira sat on the fence looking sadly into the pumpkin patch. This years pumpkins were a bit on the pitiful side. And to make it worse half of them had rotted for some unknown reason virtually overnight. Pre-Halloween sales this year had sucked. Her dad was out there now tending them with there cat Hallows. She smiled at the cat watching it poke its nose at a rotten pumpkin and then wrinkle it and walk away with a particularly sour look on his cute little cat face.

She hopped down from the fence and turned to walk back to the farmhouse when she suddenly heard Hallows let out a frightful howl and hissing sound behind her in the pumpkin patch. She stopped and turned looking at the cat. He was standing in front of one of the larger pumpkins. It was the largest one they had grown this year. In fact it was larger than pretty much any pumpkin they had ever had grow in there garden. She felt her skin crawl as she watched Hallows. His pitch black fur standing on end and the marks on his forehead seemed to glow. Those curious orange patches that seemed to make a small jack-o-lantern face on his forehead.

Elmira and her father both moved towards Hallows thinking that perhaps he had found some sort of animal that frightened him lurking near the pumpkin. As they approached though the pumpkin suddenly gave a shudder and its vines whipped out catching her and her father off guard and and pulled them to the ground. The thick, tough vines coiling around them like rough ropes.

By now Hallows was shrieking with anger and hissing. Then suddenly Elmira realized he was speaking. Not just mimicking words but actually speaking. She shut her eyes and squeezed them tight repeating over and over in her head that she was dreaming. This would all go away. Pumpkins do not tie people up and cats do NOT talk! But when she opened them again nothing had changed. Well nothing that would have helped her at least.

Now where the pumpkin had been was a large disfigured creature with a large glowing jack-o-lantern for a head. She let out a terrified shriek and struggled with renewed strength. Then suddenly in a flash there was hallows. His claws slashing the vines around her and then her father dumping them roughly onto the ground. The cat then turned to her and stared deep into her eyes.

Elmira suddenly felt her body lighten and a warmth in her chest that felt as though it was lifting from her body. Then there was a lovely orange crystal floating right before her. Everything around her was lost as who she was flooded over her. Sailor Pumpkin the guardian of Halloween. She cupped her Sailor crystal in her hands and watched as it blinked and became her transformation wand and thrust it into the air yelling. "Pumpkin Power Makeup!"

In a Flash Elmira went from a young farmers daughter to a guardian of all hallows eve. Hallows was standing still in front of her and then quickly bowed. "Sailor Pumpkin please defeat the Pumpkin Ghoul. Use your sailor pumpkin bombs. Raise your hand and call out "Pumpkin Flash Bomber"

She did as she was instructed. She raised her hand and felt the power of her sailor crystal flare to life as she called out her spell. A soft orange pumpkin shaped ball formed in her hand and she grasped it gently then flung it at the pumpkin creature than was now moving towards her. It connected with one of its waving vines and exploded into a ball of fire burning away the vine and most of the others near the impact. She was taken off guard by this and fell back landing with a hard smack onto a rotten pumpkin behind her and groaned as she picked herself up and readied for another attack.

The next few moments were ablaze with flying pumpkin bombs and burning vines. But she still had not managed to do much more than annoy the creature and perhaps shorten its reach. Finally she decided to take one last stand and pour the last of her energy into one massive attack aimed carefully at the things head. She braced herself and raised both hands over her hand and yelled. "Halloween Omega Blast" and a giant glowing pumpkin hovered in the air above her head then speed towards the creature hitting t full in the face and exploding with an epic blast knocking Sailor Pumpkin to the ground and splattering the entire patch with flaming pumpkin. When the fire and the smoke died there was nothing left but a smoldering blob of scorched pumpkin.

Hallows grinned his cat grin up at her and started to purr softly. Elmira
    stared at her hands for a moment in awe of what she had done then shook her head and dash over to her father to help him get up and make sure he was ok. And thus was a new Sailor Scout is born.

Word count is 849 according to the word checker I used.

6. Tsemara wrote:
    Writer's Name: Tsemara
    Title of the story: Déjà vu
    Entry:

It was late when Terry finally made his way home. He hated closing shift, but it was better than not having a job at all. Lightning flashed across the sky, as the heavens released torrents of icy cold water. There was no avoiding it. He would be driving home in the rain. Heavy drops pattered on the windshield in a steady tempo, as he pulled onto the freeway. With a sigh, he flicked the radio on. Indistinct music started playing in the background, just loud enough to break through the sound of the large droplets of water that beat against the roof.

Terry looked at the dashboard clock. The numbers were blurred, but he could tell it was well after midnight. I’m more tired than I thought, he contemplated to himself. He looked up in time to see an animal start running across the road. Startled, he slammed his foot on the breaks. His tires squealed in protest at the sudden attempt to halt. His car swerved as it hydroplaned toward the surprised animal. There was a sickening thud, closely followed by a high pitched yelp of pain. Once the vehicle stopped moving, it was facing the cement barrier between the north and south bound paths.

Breathing hard, Terry attempted to pry his fingers from the steering wheel. Try as he might, he could not see the beast he hit. It had either made it across, in spite of its’ injury, or didn’t get back up at all. When he finally managed to bring his heart rate down from hummingbird speed, he decided to investigate. He ignored the rain as it soaked into his clothes. His concerns were elsewhere.

The animal in question lie in the street not far from where his car sat. It didn’t seem to be moving. Heart in his throat, Terry cautiously approached the still creature. In the lighting, it appeared to be a large dog of some sort, possibly a mixed breed. Its’ side had been crushed by the impact with his car. Its’ death had been instantaneous.

Terry sank to his knees, mortified that he had killed something, even in accident. As preoccupied as he was with his current dilemma, he did not notice the shape emerging from the bushes. The lupine figure approached the young man and the still being. He didn’t notice it until it brushed past his shoulder. Startled, he froze, as the large animal moved past him. He dared not to move, for fear of calling attention to himself. The huge canine sniffed the still being, making inquisitive sounds. It whimpered slightly when the other did not reply.

Realizing the position he was in, Terry attempted to scoot away from the scene of the crime. He was nearly to the door of his car when he heard a hateful snarl behind him. His blood ran cold as he unconsciously turned to face the creature that made the sound. The canine seemed impossibly huge. Though, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that certain breeds could get as large as the one that stood before him. Fangs bared, its’ hackles were raised. Muscles bunched beneath its’ bristling fur as it readied itself for a pounce.

Terry scrabbled to the open door of his car as the beast leaped through the rain. It landed, heavily, on his abdomen, forcing him to his back. His head hit the pavement hard enough to make splotches of light and dark dance across his vision. He instinctively raised his arms to protect his face and head. In doing so, he saved his face from being ripped off. But now the animal had something else to latch onto.

There was a wet, ripping sound as the animals fangs sank into Terry’s forearm. His scream all but drowned out the sickening crunching sounds as his ulna and radius shattered. Blood and rain dripped into his eyes. He blinked several times, trying to clear his vision. The first and last thing he saw, once his vision cleared, were bloodied fangs sinking into his throat.

Terry woke up in a cold sweat. He coughed and reached for his neck, which still twinged from the imagined injury. He could not remember the last time he had a nightmare this horrifying before. He had certainly never had a dream where he died. He wasn’t sure what to think about this. He was too shaken to go back to sleep. So, he figured he might as well get up. The nightmare faded from his memory as the stars faded from the sky.

Life went on as it usually did. Terry went to classes in the late morning. He’d have a light dinner before heading to work. Then, he’d head home some time after midnight. In his routine, it came as no surprise that his body was on auto pilot during his drive home. He had driven through this stretch of highway many times before. There were several occasions where his heart would race for no particular reason, especially when he drove home in the rain. He had blamed it on the sodas he would guzzle down at work.

Terry traveled home after work, as usual. He could hardly wait to crawl under his covers and end his excruciatingly long day. His eyes drooped after he yawned. It was too late for this nonsense. He glanced at the dashboard clock. However, his tired brain hardly registered the numbers. Perhaps some music would help keep him awake?

Static crackled through the speakers as he flipped through the stations. When he had finally settled on a station, Terry sat back in his seat. His head tilted from side to side with the beat of the music. This was much better than driving in silence. He hummed along with a song he liked, letting his mind wander.

As he turned a corner, Terry was astonished by the dog-like shape of an animal just outside his headlights. The creature froze in place as the car barreled down upon it. His heart took up residence in his throat as he hit the brakes. He went so far as to pull on the parking break, trying to slow his headlong advance toward the petrified canine.

The beast’s cry of pain matched the tires’ squeal of protest, as the vehicle shuddered to a halt. Though the engine was still running, and the radio was playing, Terry could hear nothing outside of his pulse, ringing in his ears. His knuckles were white from his death grip on the steering wheel. His breath burned his throat. The events were eerily similar to something that had happened to him before. But he could not place where. Shaken, Terry unbuckled his seat belt. Cautiously, he stepped out of his car, praying that whatever he hit was alive enough to be saved.

As he moved to the front of his car, the broken body of the unfortunate animal came into view. The poor beast lay unnaturally still in a puddle of its’ own blood. Terry could not help but step closer, not wanting to believe what had just happened.

From the side of the road, there came a sound. Terry spun around to face what he hoped was the wind in the bushes. A much larger version of the canine behind him separated itself from the shadows. Its’ muzzle twitched as it sniffed the air. It could smell the blood of its’ fallen companion. It raised its hackles and gave the frightened teenager a malicious sounding growl. This was answered by several others.

Unbidden, images of a nightmare long forgotten played through Terry’s mind. He struggled to get his trembling body under control as he scrambled his way to the interior of his car. The animal bounded across the pavement, easily overtaking his hindered movements. Its’ companions were not far behind. They were upon him before he could even touch the door handle.

Terry stared up at the bared fangs, unable to summon the courage even to scream. He would not be waking up this time.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quote        
Poems, lyrics and everything else:
... or anything that doesn't qualify as a story.

Rules:
  1. This category is reserved for anything that can't be consider a story. This means:
    - poems, lyrics, and any other written form is fine;
    - there's no word count for this category;
    - stories go into their own category.

4. You can enter up to 4 entries in this category. Your entries in other categories don't count in this total.

Prizes and Winners:
    Kupsy will get a set of Halloween 2010 items, 50 gold and 5,000 silver for winning the 1st place.

Kimi_Delaetus will get ½ a set of Halloween 2010 items of their choice, 40 gold and 2,500 silver for getting the 2nd place with her 3rd entry.

Syd-Cymbaline will get the other ½ set (basically what the 2nd place winner doesn't pick), 20 gold and 1,000 silver for getting the 3rd place with her 1st entry.

Two prizes of 250 silver will also be given to I walk with Time and Urboros as participation prizes (awarded randomly amongst all the non-winning entries).

Prizes will be awarded based on the general quality of an entry, its originality and the quality of the writing. Special prizes could also be added for exceptional entries.[/

Entry Form:
Code:
[b][color=red]I MADE YOU A *insert what you made here*"!!![/color][/b]
[b]Title of your entry:[/b]

Entries:
Quote:
Kupsy wrote:
  1. Writer's Name: Kupsy
    Title of your entry: The curse of Greed
    Entry:
    Gather around here,
    Besides the river,
    For you will hear,
    A tale to make you shiver.

You see this tree,
    Right next to me?
    You know this tree,
    It used to be free.

A young fool,
    She did long for wealth,
    But the Gods can be cruel,
    And took their toll on her health.

"You know the price of greed, cretin?
    You'd truly choose this path?
    Then let the plague on your soul begin,
    And you will feel this curses wrath!"

A young man walked by,
    To see her on the floor,
    He approached, then let out a cry,
    She grabbed him, and he was no more.

The curse of her greed,
    Passed on to him,
    She walked on with glee,
    While he died there by her whim.

Eventually he became this tree,
    Growing ever tall,
    And the woman that did this to he?
    She soon came upon a fall.

She wandered down this path one day,
    And remembered the man she saw,
    She laughed cruelly and turned away,
    When from the ground, arose a wooden claw.

That woman was pulled underground,
    And that is where she will remain,
    Her body will be never found,
    Her wretchedness never done again.

And let people who come forever see,
    A black flower that grows nearby,
    That never blooms, choked by the tree,
    Its only destiny now, to wither and die.

I walk with Time wrote:
  1. Writer's Name: I walk with Time
    Title of your entry: Halloween in Midorea
    Entry:
    Midorea Halloween
    Full moon is shining
    And the werewolves are howling

2. Writer's Name: I walk with Time
    Title of your entry: Creatures of the Night
    Entry:
    Creatures of the night are out
    Screaming and howling
    And tormenting the peoples

3. Writer's Name: I walk with Time
    Title of your entry: Blood
    Entry:
    Blood flows through our bodies
    Blood is the life force
    For us and the Vampires

4. Writer's Name: I walk with Time
    Title of your entry: Demons
    Entry:
    The demons are out to play
    Dance in the darkness
    Fly through the night on their wings

Kimi_Delaetus wrote:
  1. Writer's Name:Kimi_Delaetus
    Title of your entry: Gone
    Entry:
    Gaze strays
    From street to sidewalk
    Skitters
    Across houses and down street

Boots crunch
    Through fallen leaves
    Cloak sweeps
    Catches bits of destruction

Haunted eyes search
    Through hallowed land
    For a thing long lost

A moment
    The figure pauses
    And stares

At the expanse of an empty sky

2. Writer's Name:Kimi_Delaetus
    Title of your entry: Fallen
    Entry:
    We who defied
    We who fell
    We who lost
    We who suffered

Our wings streaked blood-red
    Cached with grime
    All purity gone

All that remains
    A lone quill
    In a inkwell
    Upon a desk

We stir
    We watch
    We wait

Through that remaining feather
    Will our stories be told

Fear not the Masque or the bird
    They are part of our story
    Not yours

3. Writer's Name:Kimi_Delaetus
    Title of your entry: Insanity
    Entry:
    Objection, objection
    That cannot be said
    The defendant called
    Upon Insanity

And it came,
    In the shape of a rotted corpse
    To stand, to lurk, to grimace
    At him whilst he tries

To sell his pretty lies

A juror glances to the left
    Mouth quirked in a twisted grin
    “Be careful what you call...
    For most often, it comes.”

4. Writer's Name:Kimi_Delaetus
    Title of your entry:Accident
    Entry:
    It wasn’t--I didn’t mean--
    Honestly
    I...I...

I couldn’t see
    I didn’t see

And then it was there
    Dripping down
    My windshield

Face impassive,
    Officer Jenkins eyes the car

There is no body
    No crime scene
    No witness
    Only blood.

neomattlac wrote:
  1. Writer's Name: neomattlac
    Title of your entry: 7 sins
    Entry: Love thy neighbor
    kill thy neighbor
    you want what he has,
    and he, you,
    wrath is a sin indeed
    oh how we love to envy
    destroy each other
    as out desires
    lust is so splendid
    a lovely deed
    if only it didn't just kill
    we could always go for seconds
    not to mention going for thirds
    gluttony is such a fattening deed
    but isn't so satisfying?
    More for me, less for you
    greed is delightful for one
    lets just sit back and enjoy this acedia
    and indulge more into that greed
    being the best at what you do
    and glorifying yourself
    vainglory is glory
    whatsoever you might think
    grotesque beings we all are,
    greed sloth gluttony
    lust pride wrath
    envy is the chief
    why not just fool ourselves
    into believing nothing
    each incurs the other

Syd-Cymbaline wrote:
  1. Writer's Name: Syd-Cymbaline
    Title of your entry:Voices
    Entry:
    Not listening, not listening.
    I should not listen to their lies,
    Telling me to make the walls red with
    Your blood.

You can wave your fists,
    All you want.
    It will change not the voices,
    Opinions upon your death.

With nothing but a head,
    You would find no reason to do anything.
    You could try to kill me,
    Before that happens.

Try using a hammer upon my face,
    For that harms me
    Cannot find it?
    What about a saw?
    Hmmm… cannot find that either?
    Oh, I know where they are,
    In my truck’s bed.

Now,
    along with your head!

2. Writer's Name: Syd-Cymbaline
    Title of your entry: Seconds of Madness
    Entry:
    They put me, threw me,
    into a room.
    To leave me to rot and decay.

Inside this cage,
    they hope to keep me from painting,
    painting the walls red with blood.

Shock Treaments, therapy, pills...
    So many pills, I have to take a day.
    However, to my amusement, they do nothing,
    to ease my pain.

Although,
    those pills give me more demons to stare at,
    as they come closer, ready to stip me limb from limb...

Even though they say,
    I live in a world of fiction, and that my mind is eroding
    I have never felt more creative...

3. Writer's Name: Syd-Cymblaine
    Title of your entry: Defeat of the Highest Proportions
    Entry:
    The world stops as you see him.
    The glowing eyes,
    of your demise,
    staring though you.

Your heart stops,
    blood gets icy,
    as the blade is shot,
    down though you.

It is then, that you notice,
    your pupil,
    who stands tall above you,
    from so many years ago.

Tears, streaming down his face,
    as he wiped down the blood,
    your blood,
    from his knife.

You are free, at last,
    from your insomnia,
    and insanity,
    immortal life.

However, unbeknown to him,
    he will now carry your curse.
    Being used as a weapon by others,
    for murdering friends and family.

This painstaking cycle,
    of bloodshed and death,
    will continue,
    Until no assassin stands.

Urboros wrote:
Writer's Name: urboros
Title of your entry: spiders!
Entry:
defenestrate the ways of old
don not wait for the multi legged menace to come
break that mold!
strengthen yourself, this might be fun
pick up that shoe
be bold
turn that eight legged monster to goo!

Sly wrote:
Writer's Name: Sly
Title of your entry: Vampire: The Fate's Lament
Entry:

Evil's dark harbinger, vex us not.

Hath thou risen from where corpses rot?

Thy skin is like ice, though thy eyes burn fire.

To what treacherous ends doth thy mind conspire?

Always in shadow, doomed to hide.

Consumed with Thirst and murderous pride.

Who is he, whose breath hath halted?

Whose charming visage stands exalted?

Surely a lie; a figment of madness.

Though somewhere within, there echoes a sadness.

Be warned fair children, bar thy doors.

Guard thy thresholds; keep to lores.

Invite him not within thy walls.

For once inside, the Hunger calls.

He is no man; nor is he beast.

Upon thy innocence he shall surely feast.

Thy blood, like wine, shall quench his Thirst.

Pray thee that death come swiftly, or suffer the worst.

Become a lowly demon, corrupted from within.

Live by death, and revel in sin.

Be warned fair children, though do not fear.

Keep to the sunlight and hold thy Lord, God, near.

Wear thy crosses proudly, and march about thy streets.

Let his countenance spurn whomever he doth meet.

For power lies within the masses, and he is but only one.

Let him come, let him perish; let the deed be done.

And our shout, victorious, shall ring throughout the night.

"Rest fell beast; we relieve thee of thy plight!"

"Back to the fires of Hell from whence thou crawled."

"Back into the miring holes that thou hath clawed."

"Back to that Amnion caul which cursed thy mother."

"Back to the accursed darkness, thy one true lover."

"For here thee are not wanted, neither by bitch nor sire."

"Here thy shall find only endless torment and damnation"

"For thee who calls thyself 'Vampire.'"

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote        
Page and Participation Prizes:

Prizes per page:
    I want people to be active this time around, so I'll be giving away page prizes. There's a little catch though: you will not get prizes (or item) directly from being the first or last poster on a page. You will get points. At the end of the event, you will be able to buy event items and some other goodies with those points. Simple, no?

Being the first poster on a selected page will get you 1 point, and being the last poster will get you 3 points.

Selected Pages:
    Page 3: Gladde // Gladde
    Page 6: Ace // Maeve (doesn't count XP)
    Page 9: lexi luthor // killerkitty
    Page 13: KoyiTar // sychobunny
    Page 17: Chere and Rose // Lindsaypooh
    Page 21: killerkitty // Sameth_Delaetus
    Page 25: Chere and Rose // lexi luthor
    Page 27: monk 115 // Maeve (doesn't count XP)
    Page 30: neomattlac // neomattlac
    Page 33: Urboros // Tsemara
    Page 37: I walk with Time // Event is over!!!

Pumpkin hunt:
    Also, it appears that my bag has some hole in it... I should repair it some day... But anyway, some of my precious pumpkins are falling out of it, and I'd like help gathering them. So, if you noticed something like this:
    , at the end of one of my post, please catch it in a quote and give it back to me. I'll give you 5 points if you help me!

Very rarely, one of my carved pumpkins will be falling out. It looks just like this:

Since those are way more valuable (hey, i spent time carving them after all), they'll be worth 10 points.

When a pumpkin is dropped, you will be able to steal it. Basically, you must quote what the first person who caught the pumpkin posted before I say who has officially caught it. Points will go to the last person with the pumpkin in his post when I look at the thread.

You can also now get bonus point for originality when you catch a pumpkin or steal it. If I judge your description to be funny, original or just generally good, I will award you 1 point. Those points will be awarded even if you are not the person who ends up with the pumpkin at the end, and you can get one per post.

Points thus far:
    Gladde: 23pts (2 pumpkins, 1 carved pumpkin)
    lexi luthor: 29pts (3 pumpkins, 1 carved pumpkin, 1 bonus point)
    Ace: 16pts (1 pumpkin, 1 carved pumpkin)
    monk115: 16pts (1 pumpkin, 1 carved pumpkin)
    Tsemara: 17pts (1 carved pumpkin, 4 bonus points)
    killerkitty: 19pts (1 pumpkin, 1 carved pumpkin)
    Smite: 10pts (2 pumpkins)
    Urboros: 12pts (2 pumpkins, 1 bonus point)
    neomattlac: 9pts (1 pumpkin)
    sychobunny: 5pts (2 bonus points)
    I walk with Time: 6pts (1 pumpkin)
    Lindsaypooh: 3pts
    Sameth_Delaetus: 3pts
    Chere and Rose: 2pts
    KoyiTar: 1pt

Prizes:
    Chiroptera Stigma: 5 points
    Chiroptera Wings: 10 points
    Usagijan Cloque: 20 points
    Kauja Usagijan: 15 points
    Rapier de James: 20 points
    Silver: 25 silver per point (just so you get something for your leftover points Wink )

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved!!!

And we are open!!!

SilverStar2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve wrote:

I'd like help gathering them. So, if you noticed something like this:
, at the end of one of my post, please catch it in a quote and give it back to me. I'll give you 5 points if you help me!

Does this one count?

I'm random and spantinus what more do you want?
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
HEY!

I was going to go for that one!

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
I don't think it does much like the butterfly in Cat's game the last time lol.

monk115

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote        
That does make sense. Also a very good question.

PS i plan on entering this contest. Are we allowed to enter both of the story ones???
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quote        
No, that pumpkin is just there so you'll know what to look for. XD

And yes, you can enter all of them. I'll go add that in the rules...

And good morning people!!!

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote        
Morning.

I might just skip this particular contest. Every time I attempt to write a short story it truns into something epic, and then never gets finished.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote        
I have no insperation 0-o I NEED INSPERIATION yes, insperiation. That's right. Anyway... after all the scary movies and stuff. I can safely say.. that I dont think I can think of something original without accidently meta-wiriting.. if that makes sense. did I just make up a new word? *searches google* Nope. It's a word. And I believe I used it correctly Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote        
Bad Tse! You,d better enter something! *shakes fist*
Just kidding ^^ *hands you a not-at-all-poisonous cupcake*

Uh, congrats on using a word correctly Lexi Hai
And good luck finding inspiration. Also, the original mostly means "don't enter a story made by someone else or the script of a movie". A lot of scary stories revolve around the same things anyway, so come similarities will be tolerated... but not too much, if that makes sense XP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next