Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote        
'Tis insanely fun yes. x3

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Clover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote        
Sometimes it seems that for me drawing females is a bit easier. Well... at least I'm more confident when I draw a chick. Though I like drawing male characters more. This makes me more excited. Even at the moment I'm in a process of drawing one dude <3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
I can't draw males worth crap! no really they tend to be TO skinny. I can draw females though, I seem very good at it. I don't know why. Maybe because I no like males as much as females or something.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
My friend's simplistic cartoony style of art helped me draw guys ^^

It's so simple yet so complicated when one tries to think it out. I stil can't draw guys hips amazingly, half the time they turn out a bit wide like girl's hips but it works out Smile

I remember how I would figure out how to draw girls, then work on guys, only to forget how to draw girls again xD It happened over and over, only the one I would forget kept swapping.

Girls have a distinct hourglass figure, generally. The hips are wide enough to make a distinction between one leg and the other, and sometimes people will make the girls' chest a bit larger and higher to cover up where the underarm connects with the torso.

Can't do that with a guy. Dudes' hips are narrow and they're thighs less rounded so it seems like less space to work with. The chests are flat and it's common to connect the line under the pecks ( Happy ) to the underarm area or bicep. Which leads to complicate muscle structure ...

Well, this was all my problem anyway xD
DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote        
Even if I think cartoon-ish women are easier to draw than men (the curves are easy to do "in a hurry" in my opinion) I really prefer drawing males, mostly quite muscular men (or male anthro creatures). It's just that I've been doing so since I was 6 or so, when I was drawing Street Sharks and Ninja Turtles :P
I still have many thing to learn about muscles (especially the abs) but I still enjoy drawing shoulders; I don't know, it's kind of something I look when I meet a guy Sweat

As for the face, I think drawing a realistic woman is harder: it has to be soft and delicate even is the character's features are meant to be strong or wild. It's mostly beacause of the nose: a few milimeters too big and your lady looks like a guy in disguise Lips are Zipped

ailea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote        
Throughout most of my childhood I only drew girls, but then I got into reading JtHM and eventually different manga and started practicing drawing males. Now I think I can say that I can draw a male much easier than I can draw a female lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
I draw men....but most of the time I have commissions for girls, and not enough time to just be creative. :c
Actually I'm pretty good with drawing men (lies). Okay.
I rock at drawing girls, but I am pretty good at drawing guys c:
But guys really do seem easier for me..Instead of the curves I just can make a little straight lines and add a bit of muscles. I love adding abs to boys. <333
Just absolutely love it xD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote        
Well, as to me, I LEARNED drawing by drawing females, since, back when I started drawing, boys had cooties. xD I never really drew men, so I'm more used to drawing feminine structures and faces. I'm pretty sure it's just that I'm more used to females, so they come a lot easier to me.
Chrome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quote        
I fail at drawing men myself... but its because I am so used to drawing the female. I have a hard time making males look muscular properly. And most of the art of males that I have been requested to do does not call for frail thing pretty boys that look like women. Usually its a big burly masculine man with a scowling face and bulging biceps. And I can't look in the mirror as I'm drawing as a reference.

I want to get better at drawing men because I want to draw my OC with a male character lately that is masculine and built well and facial features that are not womanly. lol. It can be time consuming to find the right references, and also not throw my hands up in the air in aggravation as I get frustrated with how things are NOT turning out. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote        
I guess that more people can draw girls than guys is because most of the artists are girls; therefore we start by drawing girls. But truthfully, I've seen some really good guys that girls drew. They were pro. But of course, they're pro people, unlike me Laugh
Bliss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote        
I'm okay at drawing males (better at drawing girls, admittedly x3).

But most of the time I end up getting stuck on the head-shoulder-hip perspective. Like, his shoulders'll be so broad it makes his head look like an ant's.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating this just the tiniest bit, but ya get what I mean. I'm getting better at it though, so I guess the only thing I can say is practice -shrug-.
Chaomiles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote        
Females are easier to draw Happy (I can't draw hands anyway ^^")
Females can wear skirts, so you don't have to draw their legs xD
decodederror

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote        
I have lots of friends that claims that males are hard to draw, and we're in art school, mind you. xD

Males are probably generally harder to draw because the lack of curves. I's easier to make something look femenine because you can go with curvy lines. You can pretty easy build a female with the help of circles, which is very hard with a male.

The males hips are mostly the problem for people I know, and even for me who loves to draw males. But also the more square-like facial features can be hard. Always easier to start out without details, and a simple female face doesn't need any more than a curvy line. Males do though, because otherwise they might end up looking like women.

Another fact is the muscles. In anime, muscles aren't that defined, but in more realistic art males have more defined muscles than females, and it's more important to pay attention to those muscles to get arms and hips right. I usualy say that to draw females you need to use curvy lines, and to draw males, you need to use more square-like lines. Myself I often sketch in squares, and that makes males easier. I also love drawing muscles, which makes males funnier to draw. xD Plus, they're way more attractive than women to me. I think that covered it.

Yet another little cheer, and the whole world

will face the consequences of whatever words you spoke.

----
[My deviantART]
pachi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 am Reply with quote        
      I find males easier and more interesting (with life drawing, etc.) to draw than females. I can do both, but I'd just prefer to draw males more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote        
It took me a while to get the hang of drawing guys.

While they are similar theres several key differences that can really make it hard if you are used to drawing one in particular. Most people overlook some of the key differences and because a lot of people don't explain what is makes the person look either too masculine or too feminine a lot of people start to avoid drawing outside their comfort level. Its even more frustrating when are trying to help you and the tips aren't quite fixing the problem. >.>

Some of the things I've seen that messes people up:

First and foremost are the hips. They are shaped differently so it makes the small of the waist appear farther down on guys. It's also why if they do a lot of exercising the lower oblique can hang over the hip. This is something that you never see on females.

Not to mention the location of pectoral muscles. Because the base of the breast for a girl is lower than the pectoral muscle you will see that appear a lot if people don't know to look for it. So for people that draw a lot of girls the muscle is too low and when you see someone who draws a lot of guys the girl looks... oddly perky to say the least. Like their bra doesn't fit right.

Also theres the neck issue. Females have longer thinner necks so its something easy to overlook. If people like to draw guys the girls will tend to have shorter necks and if they like to draw girls the guys will have longer necks.

Finally theres the cheekbones. Female cheekbones are higher and like the neck this is just something people don't think about when they are drawing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next