Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Inamorata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
Allegra blinked as the obviously excited stranger grabbed her hand and started tugging her further along. With a shrug, she stopped mid-resistance and just went with it - the woman had a point. It was, infact, better to wander with direction than to get hopelessly lost. She assumed, someday, she might actually decide to leave, and would then need to know how to get back out anyways.

Realizing that this woman must know more about the weird ass tunnels, by the fact that she seemed to know where they were going and acted much more familiar and comfortable than someone who was lost would, she struck up a conversation. "So, where are we, exactly? I've been walking for hours, I've got to be way long gone from Queen street by now - that's where I came in from." pausing, she clued in to some odd wording "All sorts of things? Like what? You mean like, hobos and junk? And 'The Underground'? Are these tunnels some sort of...Off shoot or something from the subway system?" she didn't think the woman had any accent - atleast not a british one - but 'Underground' was what they called their subway system over there, as far as she knew.

Walking apace with the beanie wearing wal-mart greeter-esque woman, she added "I'm A.A. by the way." she said, using the 'nickname' her dad used. Just in case. She wasn't about to give some stange woman wearing a beanie and a sundress in a glowing tunnel her full name. There were horror stories about things like that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
"Call me Rhymer." She smiled, trying to figure out how to answer all the girl's questions. Everything that she had asked would take hours to try and explain. "Queen Street..." Rhymer thought for a moment. Tried to figure if the street sounded familiar. "Oh yes! There's a wonderful little vintage boutique near there. I got a few pairs of shoes there." She grinned. "I know exactly where to go, so when you're ready to stop exploring, I'll take you back."

"But to answer all of your questions... well, it's best to just see for yourself." Rhymer said back in response to all of her questions. "Everything will be answered once we reach Urus, which isn't too far from here actually." Before A.A. could ask another question, she continued. "Urus is the capitol of the Underground, and it's quite a sight for any casual explorer."

Tempest Maximum Aleta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote        
((Can y'all wait on me? I'll be able to respond in a half hour to hour. ^^' Sorry. ))

((Edit: Okay, I lied. less than that. XD))

I cast my mind out, searching for minds. I picked up on two. Rhymer, who I knew from seeing in Urus, and another one I didn't recognized. Human female, that much was clear. I pushed into her mind and felt around for information. Her name was Allegra Alta and she was nineteen.
'Oh, goodie,' I thought to Zahi, scowling and coming out of her mind, 'yet another being that is perpetually older than me.'
He snorted.
They were a good ways off from coming out. It was easy to feel their distance; it made it extremly difficult to pick yp on what they were saying, but I caught some of it. The human apparently had never been to the Underground. Having considered not waiting, I almost left, then decided I wanted to see the newcomer's face when she first took in Urus. That was something that always amused me. The sheer emotions on people's faces. Surprise and disbelief were most common.
I could remember my first site of Urus.
It was my birthday, March 31st, and was unusally cold for Spring in the South. I had been flying above the clouds when nausia suddenly overtook me. Landing immediatly on top of some strange building I'd never before seen, I noticed a door. It was an odd one, laying flat on the roof so I had to bend down and pull up to open it.
I had, well still have, an extreme curiousity, though some call it nosiness. For all my will-power, I couldn't resist opening it.
When I did, I saw the strange glowing tunnels and was compelled to enter. I wandered in the tunnels for hours and hours, maybe even a day or two. I do remember sleeping and getting extremly hungry.
Somehow I found another door and opened it. I was overwhelmed by the city. Looking back now, I can remember how strange seeing it was for the first time. I stepped into the city, thinking I was alone.
My first hint that I wasn't came when a huge gray wolf landed on my back forcing me to the ground. I was too frightened to scream. I just laid there with my jaw dropped.
The thing swiftly bite my shoulder and ran off. To this day I have no idea who it was or why they did it.
But, I'm glad they did.

^ Meet Zahi, a character I had before I joined Midorea. XD Irony, no?
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
((Okay...gots to go to work, but I'll throw out a reply here, just because. Sweat ))

Jaariel continues to walk until she hears voices coming from somewhere a ways behind her.

The conversations of Alegra and Ryhmer reach her ears and she smiles almost inperceptably. She's seen Rymer about before, of course, but never really spoken to her. Although she has noted the elf's propensity for cheerfulness on several occassions. Her curiosity about the human girl with Rhymer gets the better of her and she steps off the walk into the shadows, waiting for the two to come to where she is.

((And with that I probably won't be back here until tomorrow, as I get off at 4 am....)

killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote        
(grr, midorea went off just when I was about to post, which was a bit annoying)

Diana shivered. This place made her feel strange, like having been here a long time ago and coming back, so everything seemed familiar and strange at the same time. She stopped, making Georgia stumble before coming to a halt too. Diana turned to look at her, her eyes gleaming oddly. 'I'm so sorry, G!' she said.. 'I don't know what came over me. I felt possessed. Like one of my 'things', you know? It was one of those.'

'Uh, there there, don't worry. We'll find the way out.' Or slowly starve to death in this never-ending tunnel. 'Let's rest for a moment. My feet are aching, and I'm hungry.'

They both sat down in the musty tunnel. Diana took her schoolbag off, which had remained on her back all that time. Georgia did the same. 'Hey,' said Diana, 'I've still got my sandwich. I wasn't hungry today so I left it. How about we split it?'

'Sure,' replied Georgia with a grin. Diana took the sandwich out of her bag and tore it in half, handing one piece to Georgia. They ate it all up quickly and shouldered their bags. 'Well, we should try to find our way back now, eh, Didi?' she inquired.

'No.'

'Whaat??' Georgia stared at Diana. Diana blinked. 'Hey!' she suddenly said. 'I hear people talking!' They both rushed towards where the sound was coming from.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
((uggh yeah that happened to me while I was editing the character post, to update with a few of NPCs that would be recurring...))

Allegra blinked, then blinked again. She was still being towed along, or she would have stopped in her tracks. 'Did she just say there was a city called oorus down here?' She thought. Then she giggled. Clearly she was going mad.

She didn't have long to think on that before her sight slanted sideways a fraction and the world, for one crazy moment no longer than a heartbeat, tipped and dipped crazily. Then the moment passed and she was blinking stars out of her eyes, still walking in the woman's wake. 'What the hell..was that?'

Shaking it off, she picked up her speed a little bit so they were once again walking side by side. "Thanks, for agreeing to show me how to get back. It never occured to me, or I would have tried to do my own Ariadne's web or something." she replied belatedly, realizing the silence had stretched a bit too long.

As they walked, she contented herself at examining the woman beside her. She seemed so cheerful it was almost a little off putting, or it would have been if she hadn't been so damn nice. Rounding a corner, they came to a sort of nexus where more than one tunnel connected into a much larger one. Directly ahead of them lay an opening that Allegra had to crane her neck to see the top of, the ground suddenly giving way.

Allegra stopped in her tracks as she saw something large and jagged thrusting up into the air beyond the lip of the opening. They approached the center of the nexus, and she could see what lay in the enormous - cavern? Bowl? Gigantic city sized bubble? - she didn't know what to call it. She stopped dead, forcing the cheerful woman to yank her abruptly forwards a single step as she stood, staring, at what looked like a city out of some dark fantasy horror story. There was even a castle, made of the same materials as the walls of the tunnels, trusting menacingly up from the highest point of the cluster of twisting streets and buildings. The entire place looked as if it had been built over and expanded many times, and there were clearly divised groupings of houses.

The entire effect was mind blowing - Allegra had never seen anything like it. She was so lost in the view of the underground city that she didn't hear the sound of foot falls as some one approached. She didn't even turn her head when they came close enough to be visible. She just stared, wide-eyed, her eyes following the twisting curves of the grey/black stone streets and the throngs of little people, going about their business. From this height, she could see just about everything.

"oh...my...god." she breathed out, the air whooshing out of her lungs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh...my...god..."
I looked up as someone uttered these words. Recognizing the mind, and vaguely the voice I stood and walked towards her. Briefly I searched her mind before I made myself known. She didn't seem, from her current thoughts, like she was a bad person at all. I searched deeper, but found no reason not to trust her. I steeped into her line of vision; I was a good ten to thirty yards away, directly in front of her. I had a feeling she wouldn't see me or Zahi, though. She was to intent on the city. Her thoughts were all centered around Urus.

monk115

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote        
Quote:
Name:monk115
Character Name:Elia Redscallon
Race:Human
Personality:Elia is a neutral person normally. Very morbidly happy. Likes to see the sad things in life.
Physical Description:Elia usually wears a black dress with black boots. There is a sash in the middle of her dress. She is very stunning and is always changing what she looks like because she is necromancer.
Backstory:Elia has been practicing the art of necromancy for over 50 years. She has lost her original skin and now steals the skin and body of some of the people she kills. She enjoys raising the dead when others are around so that she can freak them out. She found the Underground a few months back and since then has been having fun taking control of the living dead that are already there. She has gotten into a little bit of trouble before but is also good at avoiding people in charge. She isnt afraid to kill when the need arises. In fact she has had to explain to a few people why she chose necromancy. One of the ways she does this is by saying that everybody's life is great but they dont see it until they've lost it. Therefore why not just speed the process of death along if we are all going to die anyway.

She has always had a hard time making friends. Even at an early age due to the fact that she had always had the skills of a necromancer. She had actually embraced these skill around her 30th birthday. Ever since not much has changed. Even in the Underground she still had problems, mainly cause she was one of few necromancers in the area. She adopted a dead dog as her pet. She keeps it animated but it has its own free will.

Elia was walking through the city when she happened upon some gold in the street. She picked it up and thought to herself Finder's keepers. That had always been her motto. If someone lost it then that sucks for them. As she was walking away she felt her dog's presence getting closer. Just as it got to the pique of its strength she put her hand down and patted the dog on the head. "Lovely day for a stroll in the city isnt it." For some reason she was unreasonably happy with the day, as some would call it.
Inamorata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote        
((welcome to the RP Monk!))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote        
(thanks)
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 am Reply with quote        
"Pretty impressive, innit?" Rhymer grinned. She loved it when she had the chance to show new people her hometown. That look on their face was priceless. Yes, this wasn't the first time she guided a human around the Underground. In fact, she made a hobby out of it, wandering around the portals from the surface for a little bit after a shopping excursion, because sometimes people tended to follow her.

This one, however, did not. Tomas was just in Philadelphia, and she decided to take the long route home.

Tempest Maximum Aleta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote        
I watched Rhymer, obviously happy, talk to Allegra. I smiled. I wasn't the biggest fan of newcomers, but I liked seeing their expressions.
'Why do you care so much?' Zahi asked suddenly.
I whirled around, not having expected the sudden question.
'I honestly don't know,' I told him. 'Maybe it's the fact that my life changed so drastically with my first walk through Urus.'
Zahi blocked his thoughts and looked down as he always did when he was thinking. I had the power to break his mind barrier, but I didn't. We mutually repected each other's minds. It seemed like a common curticy (sp?) to us.

monk115

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote        
Elia continued walking with her dog next to her. She stopped a few times to buy some things but decided that she didnt really need any of the things that she was looking at. After a while of walking she went into a back alley way where there wasnt that many people. Only a few minor people that she didnt care about. After looking at her surroundings she decided to sit down and rest. "Even though I've had you around for months I never really thought to name you. How do you like the name Sebby?"

The dog started barking anxiously. It apparently like that name.

"Ok then, Sebby, what should we do now." It was a common thing for her to talk to her undead. Seeing as many people didnt like her she found company in those she had control over.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
After watching the Rhymer and the newcomer unnoticed, Jaariel had decided not to say anything to them afterall and continued her journey through another of the tunnel's offshoots.

She is walking about in town, only a block or so from her book shop, completely immersed in thought. Without paying attention, she steps right on the tail of Sebby, in a clumsy move pretty uncharacteristic of her usual self.

Startled, she moves off the dog's tail and turns to Elia.

"Oh my...please excuse my clumsiness, ma'am. I didn't hurt your pet, did I? Sweat "

monk115

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote        
Sebby yellped for a second then realized it didnt hurt. After Jaariel stepped off he walked over to Elia and looked at her.

Elia look at the girl who had stepped on Sebby's tail. "Hes kind of a dead dog that i reanimated. I dont think he can really feel pain. But i must say that i have to admire your kindness. Your the first person that has said something to me in a while."

Elia stood up and looked at Jaariel. "By the by my name is Elia (pronounced eel-e-a) whats yours?" This was the first time she would actually attempt to make some sort of friend that she didnt have complete and total control over. It was all together a completely new experience to her and she kind of like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next